Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

WAKFU Strikes Back!

Thread closed

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté June 24, 2014, 15:00:00 | #1
WAKFU Strikes Back! WAKFU adventurers, better get ready, because what lies in the future will forever change the way we all play and conquer the beautifull places and different treasures in our magical world! For this WAKFU relaunch, we'll start to break the silence, opening a chest of incredible surprises for you, with a new set of changes in the game model that promises to shock even the more experts and brave adventurers! 

Prepare your armors, sharp your swords and prepare to say goodbye to WAKFU's subscriptions!

We are entering a new era! WAKFU will be available on a new subscription-free game model and you'll have full access to the game areas! You will be able to explore the World of Twelve with limitless access!

"But what will be taken away from us to compensate for all this?", asks the young Iop.

NOTHING! Somethings in Wakfu are far too awesome to be removed! Epic combats, economy and ecosystem management, threatening dungeons, start your own shop, conquer zones with your comrades and even be a legendary and well known warrior!

Besides, a Piwi told me about a new PVP system that is being developed, but you didn't heard that from me...

If you already are a subscriber, don't worry about that! We got great news for you too, but we'll keep it as a secret for now!

The same Piwi told me (he’s probably roasted right now...) as we are preparing to embark on this new journey, that we should make this a new begining for WAKFU and the community, therefore how about an Open Beta on july 09th to get you introduced to this new change properly and an oficial release on july 24th!

We have a lot more to share so stay tunned for more news about this great subject!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-18
posté June 24, 2014, 17:10:35 | #2
Told you! ^^

Ankama you failed..

Why only for our servers and not Aerafal? As a subscriber I need to know

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté June 24, 2014, 17:16:34 | #3
I wouldn't say they failed... This seems interesting.

posté June 24, 2014, 17:18:15 | #4

Quote (RaVeN-Fifteen @ 24 June 2014 17:16) *
I wouldn't say they failed... This seems interesting.
It will be interesting when they start making you buy everything in the shop right?

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2003-10-16
posté June 24, 2014, 17:19:46 | #5

Quote (Neneko88 @ 24 June 2014 17:10) *
Told you! ^^

Ankama you failed..

Need to know =/= right to know

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté June 24, 2014, 17:20:34 | #6

Told you! ^^

Ankama you failed..

Hi Neneko88!

Failure isn't the proper word here as we are evolving into a non subscription based business model due to the game expanding internationally and we believe that the new model suits better to the current gaming habits that are common to most countries.

It was also something our community was asking for/expecting, so this change is tailored for our community, but changes always bring concerns and that is completely normal, nonetheless we will be here to explain and share more information along the way as this is a new start for WAKFU.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-01-17
posté June 24, 2014, 17:21:04 | #7
Any plans for alternative payment options now that it's planning to run on a F2P model?

Working ones, I mean.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2008-03-12
posté June 24, 2014, 17:21:19 | #8
Honestly, I´m more scared then excited.

posté June 24, 2014, 17:21:22 | #9
  • lower exp rates (buy potions)
  • lower drop % (buy prospecting scrolls)
  • no pet will drop (buy moowolf)
  • no clan member bonuses (everyone will destroy the resources). Specially bots
  • no customer support (they won't care what you say).

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-09-27
posté June 24, 2014, 17:22:46 | #10

Quote (Sabi @ 24 June 2014 17:20) *

Told you! ^^

Ankama you failed..

Hi Neneko88!

Failure isn't the proper word here as we are evolving into a non subscription based business model due to the game expanding internationally and we believe that the new model suits better to the current gaming habits that are common to most countries.

It was also something our community was asking for/expecting but changes always bring concerns and that is completely normal, nonetheless we will be here to explain and share more information along the way as this is a new start for WAKFU.

Its the perfect word.

Seems that after almost 2 years its time to give up already.

posté June 24, 2014, 17:26:36 | #11

Quote (Sabi @ 24 June 2014 17:20) *

Told you! ^^

Ankama you failed..

Hi Neneko88!

It was also something our community was asking for/expecting, so this change is tailored for our community, but changes always bring concerns and that is completely normal, nonetheless we will be here to explain and share more information along the way as this is a new start for WAKFU.
I'm sorry sabi but that's a lie

what do we call Dofus then?

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-09
posté June 24, 2014, 17:27:23 | #12
tl;dr Wakfu tried a massive advertising campaign during the last few months and their retention rates are poor because people who tried the game wouldn't sub. Wakfu asia has had a strong population because the game is free. They rather have a game with a strong population and a few people paying for advantage than a dead game with a few antisocial people who are willing to pay.

+ More People (but this is a big plus)
- Bots
- Gold sellers
- Pay for advantage
- Even less customer service as there will be more players

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-03
posté June 24, 2014, 17:29:09 | #13
They've said there's no plans to change the game model in close future, and bam, a tiny bit later we're getting this.. I can't believe. I don't want the free model, honestly. The population maybe is going to grow, but there'd be a lot more, uhm, younger people, 6-accounters, gold sellers, etc. The current cozy atmosphere is going to be ruined.
Moreover, I don't want p2w. But there's no way for a company to handle a product without getting donations.. I can't appreciate this "totally free and restriction-less" model in any possible way.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2010-12-10
posté June 24, 2014, 17:29:39 | #14
Neneko88 24 June 2014 - 17:21
lower exp rates (buy potions)
lower drop % (buy prospecting scrolls)
no pet will drop (buy moowolf)
no clan member bonuses (everyone will destroy the resources). Specially bots
no customer support (they won't care what you say).

Not to mention that Alt voting into office would then be unstoppable, played to many other games watching this change... These will probably be my last days of wakfu.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-01-12
posté June 24, 2014, 17:34:18 | #15
Well, it's good that they're trying something, they don't have much to lose at this point. I don't think it was fault of the subscription model for the lack of any commercial success though. Wakfu for the first months after release had more active players than Wakfu Asia had after it's release. We are yet to see how it goes Wakfu Asia, but I don't think it will be better. Ankama is in a position, where they can go all in and start over.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-07-29
posté June 24, 2014, 17:35:19 | #16
So I just wasted 60 bucks to have a secret prize?

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-09
posté June 24, 2014, 17:36:31 | #17
Surprise the game is now free and you could have paid that $60 on pay to win items!

Happy Birthday billy!!!!

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2006-03-20
posté June 24, 2014, 17:38:03 | #18
I do feel current or previous subscribers should get some sort of benefit or perk for investing money into a game which is now taking F2P route..
I quite enjoy GW2, however unlike GW2 you don't have to purchase a copy to play Wakfu and therefore it should be interesting to see how the oncoming bot issue will be dealt with.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - June 24, 2014, 17:38:44.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté June 24, 2014, 17:39:41 | #19
Im assuming this is to stop people from saying "As a customer..." : /

I'd just like to mention though, there is a difference between f2p and p2w. Hopefully they can maintain the balance on a cosmetic market.
Also, you may want to consider stocking up on costumes and such, it's likely the change to f2p will increase the prices of cosmetics (see wapac)

I think most people who wanted f2p jumped ship to wapac anyway, so the ones left on remington seem to be mostly against a f2p server. I think instead of removing subscription, they should get out that server change feature.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-11-09
posté June 24, 2014, 17:39:44 | #20
AWWWW YEAAAAAAH!!!

Thread closed