Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

WAKFU New Benefits: More Great News!
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-02-27
posté June 27, 2014, 10:22:22 | #41
I might be one of the players least prone to complain on these forums, but even I will admit being absolutely disgusted as well if they try and promote these changes as if we will not loose anything in this transition to a new model. This is the second promotion in a row with sentences like:

"But what will be taken away from us to compensate for all this?", asks the young Iop.NOTHING! Somethings in Wakfu are far too awesome to be removed!"

and

"You may think we’d take some benefits away because of this change… Well, we have a surprise that will certainly make you think twice!"

I have no problem in paying what I have been paying to have exactly what I had before (What a sentence btw) - But these vague promising advertisements are 'lies' the moment they do pull even the slightest in gaming experience from us without purchasing these boosters. I do not tolerate lies.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-05-16
posté June 27, 2014, 10:38:28 | #42
+30%exp and +30%kamas
This all what change for wakfu.

Not bad.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-05-01
posté June 27, 2014, 10:45:59 | #43
As long as they don't jack up the sub cost or tank drop rates, I don't mind. Sub players have always had an advantage over non-sub players. Now, non-sub will actually want to play the game. No one is really impressed by Astrub and low level play. It isn't until you travel abroad and get some levels under your belt that you really experience the many nuances of the game. I like the current sub prices so hopefully, boosters are comparably priced. Drop rates are abysmally low for higher level stuff, so if they revamp drop rates so premium booster doesn't even give a slight advantage over current values it will stink. I am not worried about politics. Non subs will still have to become citizens to participate in politics. The worry will be that with more people becoming citizens, elections and government will become more important. Candidates and officials will have be more proactive with more noobs running around their nations.

The only thing that really bothers me is paying with Ogrines. I like many people can subscribe, but have never been able to buy Ogrines. I always get the error message when I try to pay. Looking at the forums, this issue has been around for over a year now. I don't know why they have to complicate things with special time-sensitive game currency anyway. Why do I need to buy gift cards or Wakfu dollars? I don't see the incentive. Just take my money.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté June 27, 2014, 11:16:32 | #44

Quote (S48GSII @ 27 June 2014 10:38) *
+30%exp and +30%kamas

Not bad.
It's not gonna be +30% exp from the current rate. It's gonna be +30% from a new nerfed rate.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-02-25
posté June 27, 2014, 11:29:30 | #45
I was right Wakfu Asia subscribing system.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté June 27, 2014, 11:44:50 | #46

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 27 June 2014 11:16) *

Quote (S48GSII @ 27 June 2014 10:38) *
+30%exp and +30%kamas

Not bad.
It's not gonna be +30% exp from the current rate. It's gonna be +30% from a new nerfed rate.
I thought they stated that no nerfs will be applied, so that might be +30% on top of what we have, thus being notorious "drop revamp"

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2014-01-14
posté June 27, 2014, 12:16:06 | #47
So it's confirmed that this model is going to be adapted? As far as I get it, WAPAC non-premium users actually face lowered exp rates instead of standard ones (I base my assumptions on the posts like this one)?

What actually surprises me is the postcount in that thread, especially considering estimated "much higher" population of the asian server. Were they just clueless of what was happening?

This post has been edited by zich0k - June 27, 2014, 13:53:33.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-07-14
posté June 27, 2014, 12:49:15 | #48
I don't like the twisting of words either- just say outright there's a penalty to drop chances for non-subs, instead of spinning it as a bonus for subs. They do admit it in WAPAC, even if buried deep in the "subscriber benefits" page

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté June 27, 2014, 13:27:34 | #49

Quote (aquabeauty @ 27 June 2014 03:48) *
uughh... things are beginning to take a turn for the worse...

Here we go... 40$ pets, 80$ insignias... what is next... what could be next?

I pray you dont do F2P all wrong, but from the looks of it.. that is where it is headed.
What 40$ pets and 80$ insignias? Don't be ridiculous.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-10-08
posté June 27, 2014, 13:33:21 | #50
From what i've been watching the exp and drop rates are not going to be lowered. I've played on the Asia server and the exp rate and drop rates were normal.

Sabi, or any other mod, can you confirm the information to people just stop speculating?

Speculation can be a weapon to demotivation.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté June 27, 2014, 13:47:47 | #51
I'm pretty sure, it will be reduced xp/drop for all f2p players and premium (most likely the 30+ days one) will bring you back to current p2p xp/drop rates.

Just think about it. If it was otherwise (100% for f2p, 130% for p2p), Ankama wouldn't be so shady about it and clearly share all the info with us.

Right now they're formulating words to present us bad news as good news. And they're pretty good at it, remember this thread?
Click here
They basically increased p2p prices. Bad news huh? Of course, but just read the comments. The way Ankama told us about p2p prices increase (it's for the equality and friendship!) made A LOT of people think, that these were great news and they will gladly pay more.

I hope, I'm wrong. Grind in Wakfu is already ridiculous and lowering drop/exp rates even more would be awful.

This post has been edited by krowakot - June 27, 2014, 13:51:46.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-12-02
posté June 27, 2014, 13:48:28 | #52
What about people with recurring subscriptions? How will the booster pack be given to them with their remaining days of subscription?

posté June 27, 2014, 14:05:19 | #53

Quote (krowakot @ 27 June 2014 13:47) *
I'm pretty sure, it will be reduced xp/drop for all f2p players and premium (most likely the 30+ days one) will bring you back to current p2p xp/drop rates.

Just think about it. If it was otherwise (100% for f2p, 130% for p2p), Ankama wouldn't be so shady about it and clearly share all the info with us.

Right now they're formulating words to present us bad news as good news. And they're pretty good at it, remember this thread?
Click here
They basically increased p2p prices. Bad news huh? Of course, but just read the comments. The way Ankama told us about p2p prices increase (it's for the equality and friendship!) made A LOT of people think, that these were great news and they will gladly pay more.

I hope, I'm wrong. Grind in Wakfu is already ridiculous and lowering drop/exp rates even more would be awful.

I hope you're wrong too.

They have a great way to increase profit by just incrementing the exp and drop with a premium model without lowering the rates.

Imagine, you'll have a server with greater density of players, with a percentage of them paying to have more exp, items, more exp from previous characters, maybe a percentage greater than the actual that pays a sub for the game.

Furthermore, there will be players buying cosmetic items, pets, scroll of absolution and other shop items.

There's no need to lower the rates since the profit increase will be probably greater than the actual one.

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté June 27, 2014, 14:31:51 | #54

Quote (Natscha @ 27 June 2014 13:48) *
What about people with recurring subscriptions? How will the booster pack be given to them with their remaining days of subscription?
Probably the same as the people without recurring sub who has a few days left.

I hope they will at least advertise the game now, unlike before where they thought that the game will just magically get popular. Nothing gets popular without advertising, even good stuff...

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-23
posté June 27, 2014, 14:35:46 | #55

Quote (ClaudioVianna @ 27 June 2014 14:05) *
They have a great way to increase profit by just incrementing the exp and drop with a premium model without lowering the rates.

Imagine, you'll have a server with greater density of players, with a percentage of them paying to have more exp, items, more exp from previous characters, maybe a percentage greater than the actual that pays a sub for the game.

There's no need to lower the rates since the profit increase will be probably greater than the actual one.
The subscribed french players are still a main focus. And they, as you can surely imagine don't like the idea of others getting the same content as them for free, so Eskarina calmed them down by explaining XP/Kama/drop rates will be heavily lowered. Click here

Saby, please stop beating around the bush.
Will the price for a 30 day boost stay at the level of a current directly payed 30 day subscription, rise to the level of the ogrine subscriptions or even higher? Or, will the price be lower than the current direct prices if payed by ogrines obtained by buying the closest matching amount?
Since we're getting far less than with the current subscriptions!

This post has been edited by Rimali - June 27, 2014, 15:35:49.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-12-02
posté June 27, 2014, 15:00:43 | #56
"fill you HP gauge with bread only with 1 click!" is this subscription exclusive right now? otherwise that's an incredibly cheap thing to take away. I like that feature.

posté June 27, 2014, 15:08:22 | #57

Quote (Rimali @ 27 June 2014 14:35) *

Quote (ClaudioVianna @ 27 June 2014 14:05) *

The subscribed french players are still a main focus. And they, as you can surely imagine don't like the idea of others getting the same content as them for free, so Eskarina calmed them down by explaining XP/Kama/drop rates will be heavily lowered. Click here

Saby, please stop beating around the bush.
Will the price for a 30 day boost stay at the level of a current directly payed 30 day subscription, rise to the level of the ogrine subscriptions or even higher? Or, will the price be lower than the current direct prices if payed by ogrines obtained by buying the closest matching amount?
Since we're getting far less than with the current subscribements!

Now we really need an response from Sabi here.

if they lower our rates the game is going to be extremely TEDIOUS.

I already hate the grinding model of the game, if we need even more experience to lvl then there is a great reason to definitely stop playing.

I love the game, i'm really intending to return to the game, and spend again in the game. But with such a disvantage then i'll just stop.

Sabi, an advice to the developers. Please, increase french server rates so we can AT LEAST have the normal rates here (without premium service). Cause if you lower the rates the game will really fall fast.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté June 27, 2014, 15:15:08 | #58

Quote (Hudski @ 27 June 2014 06:17) *
Dathura is exempt from this and everybody has access to Dathura by default, so maybe that invasion could be more like an immigration.

That is certainly an idea. If for some stupid reason the price of a premium sub on Nox is more than our current sub i'm out and would consider Dathura as my only other option to continue playing Wakfu.

Quote (altamoure @ 27 June 2014 06:19) *
It would be greatly appreciated if we were told if the booster packs will cost the same as subs do now.

+1

Quote (ennieeee @ 27 June 2014 08:38) *
Ankama get it together, what is with this painfully slow reveal? Surely something as big as this must have been planned well in advance, so why hold back so much information? Simply a ploy to reduce the amount of rioting?

It's a ploy to get more people to subscribe for Boosters. Because the announcement sounds like the boosts are above our current levels. That is there reason for their deception and I don't know how much longer i can stomach this type of company.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2013-03-08
posté June 27, 2014, 16:19:53 | #59
The introductions of "boosters" could have done without the silly story. If it really is suppose to be part of the lore, it could have used a better name than something children get at the doctor. But it doesn't really matter what they are called, there are much bigger concerns to be had. Perhaps why the silly story irks me, we want some seriousness and transparency here. Again this news feels like a "teaser". Instead of growing excited, I'm growing frustrated.

Remaining concerns which have not been addressed:

The drop/xp/kama percentages, what do they mean?
Are drops going to stay as they are right now and boosted players get this added percentage? Or are drops going to be lowered to some degree? What does that percent mean to current players, how are we to interpret this?

Which leads us to one question you surely have: How much will cost you? Those Boosters Packs will be available in Ogrines, we’ll share the details for all packs very soon, but rest assured that prices will be really accessible.

That did not answer the question that we do surely have, How much will it cost us?
"Accessible" does not mean "affordable". Does this also mean that we can now only buy a sub, or "boost" with ogrines? Will we have more options for this? Because currently what is offered has huge gaps for the international community with limited payment options, while French can get about every type of pack under the sun, including special gifts like Dynast and Dragoon. It's not fair I tells you QQ

Cash shop.
After seeing pets get nerfed horribly, they were replaced with "better pets". "Better" meaning, adding pets that had the old pets stats that you can now only purchase in the cash shop. Also, adding lots of dyes and accessories for them to entice more spending. I get that Ankama will need to make the cash shop more appealing to produce more revenue, but moves like this are shady and leave a horrible taste in the costumer's mouth. Please add new items for us, but not at the expense of existing ones, please.

Support.
Any news about when more support is coming? There are rumors of hiring and also another CM. It would really help ease some panic, knowing that we are going into a more stable era of Wakfu, hopefully!

And don’t worry about your remaining subscription days : they will be automatically converted into Booster days! Plus you might get some other surprises to reward your loyalty to WAKFU... more information, coming soon

Thank you for this, it really is the best way to make the transition. But extras? We might or we are? Please more info :c

This post has been edited by cbunny - June 27, 2014, 16:20:21.
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-01-04
posté June 27, 2014, 16:48:08 | #60
I thought 'good news' could be understood as: Support is finally working on your requests. Seems I was foolish wrong.
HELLO?