Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

WAKFU July Update: Mount Up!:
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-03-23
posté July 22, 2014, 03:49:45 | #21
Not allowing entry to dungeons unless the minimum level requirement is met is a bad idea. Now I won't be able to take my friends to a dungeon if they are a few levels lower than me (and thus lower than the dungeon requirement). I want to play with my friends while doing something we can both enjoy.

There are not enough people playing Wakfu at all character levels for this to work. You are segregating the playerbase by level, which is never a good idea. Cooperation and interaction between players of all levels should be encouraged, not crushed.

Some of the most fun I have had playing this game is when I was underlevel for a dungeon but still carried my weight. It is satisfying making it through a tough fight alongside more powerful allies and getting rewarded for such.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-03-23
posté July 22, 2014, 03:55:31 | #22
Restricting a small population of players to only running dungeons of their own level? Bad idea. Why would you segregate your player base like that?

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2014-06-29
posté July 22, 2014, 04:03:02 | #23
I don't think It's a bad idea at all. Sure, I don't usually mind helping people level/get equips etc, but the moment Wakfu went F2P, i never got a moment's peace.
I couldn't even run a guildie through Lunar without getting about 20+ different people messaging me.

Sure it may annoy some people, but i like it. The day's where people have to run dungeons suited to their level's has arrived.

Although i do have a suggestion, people can add to it or whatever. Could it also be an idea to create a "Combined Group" level requirement to dungeon? So for instance, Lunar Dungeon "Level 70" + "Level 250 Group" or something along the lines.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2013-05-06
posté July 22, 2014, 05:28:34 | #24
I heard around the grapevine that the mount quest will not be available to f2p players. If this is true, i'm going to be very upset. Moreso at the continual misleading wording of the change logs.

Hope someone can confirm or deny this before the update...

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté July 22, 2014, 07:50:38 | #25
I'm also pretty sure they can't. That's going to suck so much because they took out all those dragoturkeys. And since we can't buy ogrines to sub, that's going to suck even more.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2013-05-06
posté July 22, 2014, 09:32:05 | #26

Quote (Asthis @ 22 July 2014 07:50) *
I'm also pretty sure they can't. That's going to suck so much because they took out all those dragoturkeys. And since we can't buy ogrines to sub, that's going to suck even more.
They aren't taking them all out thank gods. They're supposedly putting them by all the important things, boats, zaps, dungeons and such. Still though. Ugh.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté July 22, 2014, 10:29:47 | #27
Hmm, I am fine with Petsmounts being Subscription-Only for access.

If you're not paying for the game, then there's really no rush to get anywhere, is there? Take your time, enjoy the leisurely pace and think of all that $7.00 you're saving each month!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté July 22, 2014, 10:43:04 | #28
If this is to long to read just read the last part.

well they did say that free to players will always be 1 update behind sorta so they will just not have access... idk what that means with stuff like class changes, boss mechanic changes, game mechanic changes, reconnect system, national bonuses, srambad* though now that this is an update it should be open to them... though it already could be idk*, new shushu dungeons/ gear i mean they can already go to the area can they not fight the new mobs/ dungeon/ do the hunter quest?, legendary crafting recipes?, changes to gear, relic fragment drop increase?, new items in general from old mobs, and etc.

You see i dont mind free to players not getting the content subbers get but i have to ask is it the features thing that they arnt getting and all this kinda of passive stuff they do get like changes to gear, mechanics, classes. I mean thats understandable and if you didnt do it would mean they either A couldnt do that boss, gear, etc or B. be working off an old boss that was possibly broken and being abused. Also would you count the reconnect system as being a feature? it seems more like yeah this is for everyone but i dont know for sure. The whole new shushu boss and mobs is a prime example yes i guess you can stop them from doing the dungeon but can you stop them from doing the new mobs that spawn outside the dungeon? if so i guess good for you then... then there is the hunter quest for the epic ring will he just be like nah talk to me in 2 months? So what is the deal when you add just a new dungeon to an area and new mobs can they not attack them? cause its a new thing you added. Is the delay on just big things like areas and big features like mounts... what about when pvp comes eventually will they be shut out of that system? or is it ok because its a core system.

I guess what im trying to say here is what type of things will they be left out on just the latest's area/ whatever new big thing you added "hw, mounts, almanax?" to give examples. I would like to know out of curiosity where ankamas lines are drawn.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-01-30
posté July 22, 2014, 10:52:51 | #29

Quote (Nox16 @ 22 July 2014 10:43) *
If this is to long to read just read the last part.

well they did say that free to players will always be 1 update behind sorta so they will just not have access... idk what that means with stuff like class changes, boss mechanic changes, game mechanic changes, reconnect system, national bonuses, srambad* though now that this is an update it should be open to them... though it already could be idk*, new shushu dungeons/ gear i mean they can already go to the area can they not fight the new mobs/ dungeon/ do the hunter quest?, legendary crafting recipes?, changes to gear, relic fragment drop increase?, new items in general from old mobs, and etc.

You see i dont mind free to players not getting the content subbers get but i have to ask is it the features thing that they arnt getting and all this kinda of passive stuff they do get like changes to gear, mechanics, classes. I mean thats understandable and if you didnt do it would mean they either A couldnt do that boss, gear, etc or B. be working off an old boss that was possibly broken and being abused. Also would you count the reconnect system as being a feature? it seems more like yeah this is for everyone but i dont know for sure. The whole new shushu boss and mobs is a prime example yes i guess you can stop them from doing the dungeon but can you stop them from doing the new mobs that spawn outside the dungeon? if so i guess good for you then... then there is the hunter quest for the epic ring will he just be like nah talk to me in 2 months? So what is the deal when you add just a new dungeon to an area and new mobs can they not attack them? cause its a new thing you added. Is the delay on just big things like areas and big features like mounts... what about when pvp comes eventually will they be shut out of that system? or is it ok because its a core system.

I guess what im trying to say here is what type of things will they be left out on just the latest's area/ whatever new big thing you added "hw, mounts, almanax?" to give examples. I would like to know out of curiosity where ankamas lines are drawn.

The idea (as far as I get it) was f2p people can't access new islands, zones, dungeons. Guess that Ankama means by "1 update behind". Cuz it will amazing if f2p enjoys the tons of bugs, fixed in the last update, just because they are 1 update behind  

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-05-22
posté July 22, 2014, 11:35:42 | #30
When can we expect servers to be back online?

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-07-21
posté July 22, 2014, 11:50:13 | #31

Quote (Gallarek @ 22 July 2014 11:35) *
When can we expect servers to be back online?

I would like to know that too  

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-12
posté July 22, 2014, 11:52:50 | #32
hmm it is Update day by Ankama

Servers are back online 4:00 pm GMT

This post has been edited by Bocheii - July 22, 2014, 11:53:27.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-07-21
posté July 22, 2014, 11:55:38 | #33

Quote (Bocheii @ 22 July 2014 11:52) *
hmm it is Update day by Ankama

Servers are back online 4:00 pm GMT

how many hours is that from now? I want to know if i can squeeze in so exp before bed ahhaha

posté July 22, 2014, 11:59:48 | #34
4 hours ^^

Short Strich * Member Since 2008-02-23
posté July 22, 2014, 12:01:59 | #35
I thought it was supposed to be up about 30 minutes ago.

posté July 22, 2014, 12:02:49 | #36
Update should end ~10:30 GMT but no one know when it end really.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-01-11
posté July 22, 2014, 12:35:31 | #37
When the servers back?

posté July 22, 2014, 12:37:47 | #38
this is the Ankama Politic

on my days on Dofus, CM have posted Update 2 hours

to 4-6 hours later is the server online

On Wakfu:

CM have posted Update 1-2h

3-4 hours later is the server back online^^

We German Players have a quote:

"Like Ankama" xD

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-10-12
posté July 22, 2014, 17:41:08 | #39
When Ankama first added the premium shop i did predict mounts would be a premium item... So, even if the uproar that was caused back then has been deleted from forum history let me just say: "Called it."

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-04-23
posté July 22, 2014, 19:02:18 | #40
Why are the Cash Shop mounts not tradeable?

I basically bought like, 5 mounts on my main cause its easier to do it that way and found out I can't trade them?

Multimen are tradeable, Smithmagic Hammers are tradeable. This has got to be a bug.