Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 27 Novamaire
Skank Hivin
The Skank Hivin festival owes its name to a Dragoturkey breeder. He was so jealous of his cousin, ...

No flash

Changing Nation
Game Designer * Member Since 2007-07-23
posté May 16, 2013, 10:00:00 | #1
Changing Nation

Today we will talk about an improvement that has been long awaited: Nation change!

This Devblog will introduce you to this new feature and its implementation in the game.

Migration?

Join friends, access unique monsters or bonuses (without having the worry about wars and politics) or only save the poor nation of Sufokia, these are some of the reasons that justified the idea of implementing a Nation change feature in WAKFU.

We decided to translate this idea into the game with a repeatable quest, available from level 30 at all Nations Ambassadors in Astrub (you know, these guards asking for your passports).

For a small Kama fee which hasn’t yet been decided, but should be around 25.000 Kamas, you will immediately change your Nation and see your Citizenship Points reset to zero.

You will then be free to start anew in your new home, clean of accusations and past misdemeanors (if you made any troubles before, that is).

Repeatable?

If you read thoroughly the above, you’ll have noticed that the Nation Change quest is repeatable.

In other words, you will be able to change Nations several times if you so desire, and if your wallet allows it. Note however that changing Nation constitutes treason against your former Nation, and trust is not so easily won back. Therefore, you will only be able to repeat this quest 30 days after the previous completion.

This limitation should also limit migration between Nations that could have devastating effects on the game.

A new Boutique service

To those of you who prefer to save their Kamas, Scrolls of Allegiance for each Nation will also be made available on the Boutique. Their cost hasn’t been decided yet, but you will be able to purchase and use one every 7 days.

I hope you’re looking forward to this new feature as much as I am, because I have to say: Bonta has been tempting me for a while!Click here 

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-01-03
posté May 16, 2013, 10:12:03 | #2
Well thats called telepation - when I was thinking in game "damn I would like to change nation ...". Like from me

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-03-01
posté May 16, 2013, 10:14:45 | #3
Hahaha, "save the poor nation of Sufokia", I like that.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté May 16, 2013, 10:14:47 | #4
Oh boi, the population of bonta is going to triple .

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2009-12-05
posté May 16, 2013, 10:54:21 | #5
you could aswell make everyone automaticaly bontarian xD

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-06-13
posté May 16, 2013, 11:00:51 | #6
now this is an improvement! thanks hito

i can finally turn into my one true brak

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté May 16, 2013, 11:35:55 | #7
I can't leave my poor nation of Sufokia behind! Even if Bonta will give the best Air bonus...

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-12-22
posté May 16, 2013, 11:42:02 | #8
Come to Sufokia! We have cake!
.................Ok not really but still, we're a pretty awesome nation.
Awesome idea for a new feature!

Larva Rangers * Member Since 2011-12-23
posté May 16, 2013, 11:45:41 | #9
I don't like the idea of losing all my CP. I didn't earn it all in my home nation.
Maybe CP itself needs a revamp.
But I like being able to change nations.
Worth the CP loss, I suppose.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-16
posté May 16, 2013, 11:52:42 | #10
Winning-team-joiners jubilee...

Seriously, you should block that option for the nation with the highest active population, if they already form more than a third of the server wide active population. (Which might still lead to a two party-system...) Otherwise, you can directly abolish the nations concept completely.

And/Or make joining a lesser populated nation and staying between its borders more attractive. By a nationwide extra buff for citizens for example, which also extends to dungeons to a lesser degree.

Linking the market boards of neutral or allied nations (maybe with some import/export taxes) might also decrease the dominance of the bontarian market.
Regarding Sufokia: the geography of the northern regions is a travelers nightmare.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-03-14
posté May 16, 2013, 11:54:14 | #11
yes finally !

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2006-02-21
posté May 16, 2013, 12:11:32 | #12
This is a pretty nice idea... but I share the concerns of Bonta flooding with players, leaving the other nations deserted. Especially because of the market dominance in Bonta. I can imagine many people going to Bonta because they just have the biggest market, and people want to have easy access to that. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to link the market places of the different nations.

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté May 16, 2013, 12:56:37 | #13

Quote (Hito @ 16 May 2013 10:00) *
For a small Kama fee which hasn’t yet been decided, but should be around 25.000 Kamas, you will immediately change your Nation and see your Citizenship Points reset to zero.
Hito please when typing numbers could you using commas to indicate thousands please as there can never be any confusing then such as 1,000,000.50, so the amount is 25,000 or 25KK.

As a long time bonta player I can tell you, bonta isn't much of a nation.

I believe the opposite will happen lots of bontas will join the other nations to be honest better nations.
However still use bontas market like all the other players do.
It may be true bonta has the highest population however I can tell you that 90% of my friends are from all the nations. 80% of my guild alliance are not bonta also.

Also people remember if you didn't play Dofus, you never got to experience a nation before choosing as you needed a passport of any nation. After you had already picked THEN you could go explore the other nations and after sometime decide what nation you actually wanted to be a part of .

I have been waiting for this change for a while its great.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-05
posté May 16, 2013, 13:33:34 | #14

Quote (JerryDB @ 16 May 2013 12:56) *

Quote (Hito @ 16 May 2013 10:00) *
Hito please when typing numbers could you using commas to indicate thousands please as there can never be any confusing then such as 1,000,000.50, so the amount is 25,000 or 25KK.

As a long time bonta player I can tell you, bonta isn't much of a nation.

I believe the opposite will happen lots of bontas will join the other nations to be honest better nations.
However still use bontas market like all the other players do.
It may be true bonta has the highest population however I can tell you that 90% of my friends are from all the nations. 80% of my guild alliance are not bonta also.

Also people remember if you didn't play Dofus, you never got to experience a nation before choosing as you needed a passport of any nation. After you had already picked THEN you could go explore the other nations and after sometime decide what nation you actually wanted to be a part of .

I have been waiting for this change for a while its great.
Cool story about the comma or dot but it actually depends on the country you live in. The French use 100.000,50 as their decimal mark ^^ a space would be the most fitting solution.

Click here 

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-18
posté May 16, 2013, 14:21:46 | #15
This is good but where is the reason to change nations? What does brakmar or amakna have that I can't just get in bonta?

I guess this good for the rest of the server to move to bonta

I know you want to make money with selling these things at the boutique but 25,000 kamas isn't much and there is no reason to change to any nation. Everyone can go anywhere and the monsters at the nations don't matter at all o.o

This post has been edited by Neneko88 - May 16, 2013, 14:28:16.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté May 16, 2013, 14:38:12 | #16
Yeah, I dont really see much point to this unless a guild is strictly for one nation only. I guess it will be more useful with the ecology changes though. (please keep thinking ahead, lol!)

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-04-04
posté May 16, 2013, 14:54:36 | #17
This change = Sufokia and Brakmar die

You might as well make everyone Bonatarians and get this over with.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté May 16, 2013, 15:08:37 | #18
Simple quest addition to the game. Simple boutique addition. If anyone buys this item, Ankama makes some coin. Easy decision for them. Players might be happy to join the same nation as their friends.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2010-11-29
posté May 16, 2013, 15:12:00 | #19

Quote (Moclon @ 16 May 2013 14:54) *
This change = Sufokia and Brakmar die

You might as well make everyone Bonatarians and get this over with.

You are completely wrong, many person will go to Brak and Sufo, me too for example.
I don't know from what server you are, but in Remington, Bontas often are noob, and snob players without a brain, I would not be very proud to be part of a nation populated by children, in my honest opinion.

Greetings, Old Kahiiji

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-11-15
posté May 16, 2013, 15:44:14 | #20
This is so exciting..