Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Haven Worlds – Interview with Azael
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-12-21
posté May 24, 2013, 21:28:26 | #41
Looks awesome! I'm a bit concerned on the GvG thing as well and I hope they've come up with a way to implement it that gets around what I believe could happen. I don't want to see something cool like HWs trolled relentlessly by 1 man teams and guilds that have the very best gear.

At the very least it would be nice if prisms slanted the battle a bit in favor of the defender.

I've always been in favor of conquerable outposts throughout the nations/islands though so if prisms are there I think that will be awesome. Mostly concerned with the implementation in haven worlds.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-06-18
posté May 24, 2013, 22:47:35 | #42

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 24 May 2013 08:02) *

Quote (shooopy @ 24 May 2013 05:42) *
Getting a guild to level 3 takes like one fight lol.. I already know guilds making alt guilds for this reason. 60 haven worlds doesn't sound like a lot to me. I just really hope lower level guilds and newcomers get a chance to experience this.

You might want to listen to the interview more closely next time. He said level 3 after the guild revamp. Guild levels will be much harder to achieve then.

Might wanna read the rest of my comment lol, "I already know guilds making alt guilds for this reason" They're making them now before the update comes.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-05-20
posté May 24, 2013, 23:43:40 | #43
Not too sure about the whole Prism thing... because this means that lower level guilds won't stand a chance when attacked by a higher level guild. I'm wondering if there will be a limitation on the number of Prisms a guild can have or that lower level guilds can refuse a fight from a higher level guild so there isn't spamming for them.

Besides the Prism issues, and I see there being a lot of them once it's released in June, it looks pretty good actually and I look forward to it.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté May 25, 2013, 04:23:04 | #44
I'm looking forward to more translations of Azael's posts from the FR side, regarding this. Google translate only takes an Osamodas so far, after all Thanks for giving us something positive to look forward to, in Haven Worlds.

Eradicator * Member Since 2011-06-13
posté May 25, 2013, 12:40:32 | #45
I typed out a transcript of the video, if anyone wants to reference the text, or just can't view the video for whatever reason.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Eskarina: Hello everyone, today Azael will tell us about a subject that we know interests you: Haven Worlds.

So Azael, we know that you are passionate about this subject, can you please remind us what Haven Worlds are?

Azael: Haven Worlds are a guild feature and consist of a little world directly handled by players where they can do whatever they want and build what they want.

E: So it’s a world handled by players as you said, but what exactly can they do? You say “whatever they want”, but what exactly?

A: Well, it’s really whatever they want since they can plant monsters, ecosystem, build many buildings, a lot of different buildings with special effects like houses, taverns, etc.

E: So they can create their own world, farm their own resources. Will everyone have access to this feature? Will there be many Haven Worlds in game or will there be limitations?

A: At first there will be about 60, but this is not an intention; it’s only a technical limitation to make sure that the server can take it.

Our idea, however, is to add more with time. Normally each month will see more implemented, and ideally we’d like to have one Haven World per guild.

E: So 60 upon release of the content in June, and then a few more with each update.

A: Exactly. We will try to implement them on a weekly basis. Each week open new Haven Worlds to players.

E: Ok. But if we have a limited amount, that means that there will be access conditions?

A: There will be a condition, no matter the limitation. But since this is a guild feature, the only real condition will be the level of the guild.

E: Can you already tell us the level?

A: Yes, it will be level 3. But we’re talking about the “new level” of the guild since this will be changed soon.

E: With the Guild system revamp that we’ll talk about another time.

A: I just want to clarify for those who could grow concerned, even if we will revamp guilds, we will make sure that those who were already eligible before will still be able to get a Haven World with the new guild system.

E: And there’s also an auction system?

A: Yes there is. As I said, we wanted the system to be open to everyone and make sure that the rules would be the same for everyone. That’s why we decided to have an auction system with a starting bid of 100 Kamas, which is pretty low. Everyone will be able to bid and the auctions will last one week. At the end of the week, the guild with the highest bid wins the Haven World knowing that a guild can only bid on one Haven World at a time and own only one Haven World.

E: So they can only have one bid at a time?

A: Yes, one at a time. We don’t want guilds to start with a ridiculously high bid so we will implement stages. They will bid by 100 Kamas until 1,000, and then 200 Kamas, and 300, and so on.

This should prevent big guilds from starting with high bids that the rest of the server can’t match.

E: Ok, so it should be fair to everyone.

A: We tried to keep it fair even if we assume that the first Haven Worlds will probably be won by the richest guilds.

E: We talked a lot already about Haven Worlds, we started communicating a year ago in the Mags, on the homepage, devblogs and AFK, but there are still things that changed since last year. Could you please list the main changes?

A: The first important thing is that we changed the construction tree. Before, we had conditions between buildings; you had to build a building to unlock another, which is something we wanted to keep, but it turned out to be too complicated for players to really understand the system, so we simplified it.

Now the tree will be based on a central building, the Guild Hall. This Hall will evolve in tiers and each tier unlocks new buildings. So the higher tier the Guild Hall is, the more buildings will be available.

E: We will probably publish something on the homepage to explain how this tree works exactly.

A: Then what we also modified is that we had many buildings, including some only cosmetic without bonuses. Now we made sure that each building offers a bonus, in the Haven World or even the entire World.

We also changed the houses. Each house will now offer more storage space to the guild, so the more houses you have, the more storage space your guild has.

E: There are also access restrictions where you can set tolls to access specific areas.

A: Indeed. We added this type of building. It was a strong request from the players to be able to limit access or charge for specific access; for example, if you build a field where you don’t want everyone to run around. We gave them this possibility with barriers and gates. The guild members will of course not have to pay the toll to use the gate, but others who want to enter this area will have to pay the toll which will go directly to the guild treasury.

E: Another important note that didn’t exist last year is the Prims (Not Prisms) system with GvG. Can you tell us more?

A: Yes. The entire world, all regions of the game will have Prims that can be captured. As Haven Worlds are part of the world, they will also each have their own Prims. The rules are that if your guild’s Prims is captured, half the bonuses of your Haven World will be given to the guild controlling the Prims, and also this guild will not have to pay any tolls to enter anywhere.

E: So it’s all about making alliances, protecting your Prims…

A: Yes, protecting yours, making alliances, conquering other Haven World Prims to get more bonuses, and have more politics between guilds.

E: This sounds great! Thank you for answering our questions. Thank you all for watching this video. We will have more information about Haven Worlds in the next weeks with devblogs, videos, on Facebook, everywhere…

So keep an eye out and see you soon!

Bye!

This post has been edited by Ekmidenisi - May 31, 2013, 23:44:52.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté May 25, 2013, 15:16:24 | #46
While this new feature looks super good overall, very exciting, I have another concern I didn't find in other comments so far. Already the world of twelve is pretty sparsely populated. For new players its hard to find friends. If more players disappear into haven worlds, it could exacerbate the problem.

This post has been edited by Avocadro - May 30, 2013, 05:05:59.
Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-01-18
posté May 26, 2013, 04:14:44 | #47
Like mentioned in previous comments. Only problem I can see is the prims gvg issue. It just gives more powerful guilds especially pker guilds more ability to terrorize lower level guilds who are not that into pvp in the first place. The only reason why I like wakfu is the customization options, if this game became only focused on pvp, I'd dump it in a heartbeat.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-23
posté May 26, 2013, 12:59:16 | #48
Main reason i'm rather sceptical:
Currently a lot of newcomers are quiting because they rarely see other players, since a lot of them are in high-level areas and dungeons. If those collecting ressources vanish into haven worlds now, the chance to randomly met or get to knew someone decreases further.

Prims:
If there are no possibilities to permanently shut out players of/or aggressive guilds, the haven worlds are death for me. My guild is nearly LvL 12 now, yet there are only 3 persons behind the characters. Getting a haven world won't be a problem, but if we have to share the bonus and ressources with guys who have done exactly nothing for it - except being in a guild with more well equipped members - forget it. If you have chosen to create your own guild since you don't want to be drawn into guild conflicts, this change is annoying to say the least.

Producer & Lead Game Designer * Member Since 2010-12-16
posté May 27, 2013, 12:07:54 | #49
Hi there,

I’ll try to shed more light on some aspects of our system.

First, note that Haven Worlds bonuses of a same type will not stack. There will be little interest for a guild to control several Prims if they have the same bonuses.

Concerning PvP, it will indeed be possible to attack a Prims at any time. But you will have to keep control of it long enough to make any use of this aggression. We also want to take the international servers into account, so we will not set specific aggression time windows. We will talk about the conquest rules in a devblog.

If a guild captures a Prims and doesn’t take care of it (I can’t give you more details for now) it will become Neutral again. If this Prims was in a Haven World, it will be automatically given back to the guild owning this Haven World. This is why there will not be any limitation in the amount of Prims that can be captured. The more a guild controls, the harder it becomes to protect them and maintain them.

I should tell you also that there will always be 6 defenders if there aren’t enough players to defend a Prims. It will also be possible to customize the defense.

Concerning Big guilds, they will likely have their own Haven Worlds, and they will probably find some Prims much more interesting to capture than the Prims of small guilds. Or to be more precise, a PvP guild will have more reasons to attack the Prims of another PvP guild (to make it loose PvP ranking to begin with). Our PvP system will bring new dedicated incentive and rewards, which should be appreciated by the PvP community. Those who don’t like PvP just shouldn’t participate in Prims assaults. There will also not be any rewards for attacking a player outside of the GvG system. We know of course that this won’t stop random aggressions however.

One last advice: Those who gathered many resources should really hang on to them. All kinds of resources will be required to build structures in Haven Worlds (and even more crafted resources)!

On a general note: The Guild feature revamp, Haven Worlds and GvG will be evolving throughout the year. It’s always hard to work on such features and foresee exactly how the community will receive them. Especially since in this case, we’re working on some things that have almost never been done before in other MMOs. We’re aware of this fact and are ready for it. If something is misunderstood or not appreciated by the community, we will make sure to improve it… We won’t stay on a position that doesn’t satisfy everyone…

I insist on the fact that these are community features: how could we not place you in the center of their evolution?

Aza.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-02-23
posté May 27, 2013, 14:18:09 | #50
This is getting better and better!

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2005-07-09
posté May 27, 2013, 15:59:39 | #51

Quote (Azael @ 27 May 2013 12:07) *
If a guild captures a Prims and doesn’t take care of it (I can’t give you more details for now) it will become Neutral again. If this Prims was in a Haven World, it will be automatically given back to the guild owning this Haven World. This is why there will not be any limitation in the amount of Prims that can be captured. The more a guild controls, the harder it becomes to protect them and maintain them.

I should tell you also that there will always be 6 defenders if there aren’t enough players to defend a Prims. It will also be possible to customize the defense.

Concerning Big guilds, they will likely have their own Haven Worlds, and they will probably find some Prims much more interesting to capture than the Prims of small guilds. Or to be more precise, a PvP guild will have more reasons to attack the Prims of another PvP guild (to make it loose PvP ranking to begin with). Our PvP system will bring new dedicated incentive and rewards, which should be appreciated by the PvP community. Those who don’t like PvP just shouldn’t participate in Prims assaults. There will also not be any rewards for attacking a player outside of the GvG system. We know of course that this won’t stop random aggressions however.
This is reassuring, I'm happy to hear it. Another question: next to this PvP ranking, will there appear other rankings beside level & pvp? For example (some of these are silly) most diverse members (from different countries), most active in hours, or seperate craft & gather profession rankings?

A Zinit-like questline for guilds would be awesome as well!

And if I can give another suggestion that imo would be really nice to see implemented asap: the ability to make more different guild ranks, to make the growing ladder for guild members more diverse and/or specialized.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-04-20
posté May 27, 2013, 17:42:20 | #52

Quote (PidgeonX @ 27 May 2013 15:59) *

Quote (Azael @ 27 May 2013 12:07) *

This is reassuring, I'm happy to hear it. Another question: next to this PvP ranking, will there appear other rankings beside level & pvp? For example (some of these are silly) most diverse members (from different countries), most active in hours, or seperate craft & gather profession rankings?

A Zinit-like questline for guilds would be awesome as well!

And if I can give another suggestion that imo would be really nice to see implemented asap: the ability to make more different guild ranks, to make the growing ladder for guild members more diverse and/or specialized.
yeah more rankings! The guild i am leading a part of need more rankings!
Hogwarts is the guild where rankings is needed we dont wanna label everybody a student but label them with their name of their house  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté May 28, 2013, 01:35:31 | #53
i wish i knew how much things would cost to make... at least ball park estimates so i can sorta figure out how much i need to get before theres a rush.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-07-06
posté May 29, 2013, 20:21:25 | #54
Video? Hmpf. Let me know when there's a full transcript or a proper article of whatever he's saying in the video.

Eradicator * Member Since 2011-06-13
posté May 29, 2013, 21:04:01 | #55

Quote (Nillii @ 29 May 2013 20:21) *
Video? Hmpf. Let me know when there's a full transcript or a proper article of whatever he's saying in the video.
I posted one higher up on page 3. It kind of got buried a little!

Click here 

This post has been edited by Ekmidenisi - May 29, 2013, 21:05:09.
posté June 11, 2013, 09:20:52 | #56
looks like i will need all my kamas in that heaven world,this is nice because i dont spend much kamas so i know have 100,000 kama..............................i wish this is enough =D

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2011-12-06
posté July 09, 2013, 22:58:49 | #57
Hopefully Haven world auctions will relax alittle more as the weeks go on. Last week's auction was pretty hectic.