Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

Guild Revamp
Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-28
posté May 30, 2013, 21:25:54 | #21

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 30 May 2013 20:27) *

Quote (Catoonist @ 30 May 2013 19:30) *
Sooo, I made some investigation on the french forum referring the guild levels and that's what I found:

• All guilds with level 10+ become level 5 and get guild points.
  • All guilds with level 9 or lower become level 0 and get guild points and a guild bonus as a compensation.

My French still isn't that good and it may be that I understood something wrong, so here's the original answer from the french CCM:

Il va y avoir une conversion rassurez-vous, votre temps passé à gagner des niveaux de guilde n'est pas perdu. Toutes les guildes niveau 10+ passeront niveau 5 avec un stock de Points de guilde en plus. Toutes les guildes niveau 9 ou moins passeront niveau 0 mais auront une compensation en points de guilde et en bonus de guilde.

This is pure silliness if its true, my main guild has reached lvl 20 and it gets the same rank as a lvl 10 guild which i made for my alts and lvled solo. I hope there's a difference after the update '

Example (point numbers will be wrong)

A current lvl 10 guild becomes lvl 5 and gets no guild points
A current lvl 15 guild becomes lvl 5 and gets 5000 guild points
A current lvl 20 guild becomes lvl 5 and gets 10000 guild points.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-03-03
posté May 30, 2013, 21:53:50 | #22

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 30 May 2013 17:32) *

Quote (Charredmander @ 30 May 2013 17:10) *
My biggest concern: How is this going to affect the guild bank? This is not addressed. Will the bank lose tabs if the level of the guild goes down? Should we start moving items to safety for fear of losing them?

Thanks

Check the haven world updates. Each house you build there will open up more storage space for guilds.

I sincerely hope that means tons and tons more storage space than now. That is something that really has been handled badly till now.
Thanks for your reply, Shaleigh1, but it does not address what will happen to the items currently in the guild bank.

This post has been edited by Charredmander - May 30, 2013, 21:54:52.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté May 30, 2013, 21:56:24 | #23

Quote (Spazturtle @ 30 May 2013 21:25) *

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 30 May 2013 20:27) *

Quote (Catoonist @ 30 May 2013 19:30) *
Sooo, I made some investigation on the french forum referring the guild levels and that's what I found:

• All guilds with level 10+ become level 5 and get guild points.
  • All guilds with level 9 or lower become level 0 and get guild points and a guild bonus as a compensation.

My French still isn't that good and it may be that I understood something wrong, so here's the original answer from the french CCM:

Il va y avoir une conversion rassurez-vous, votre temps passé à gagner des niveaux de guilde n'est pas perdu. Toutes les guildes niveau 10+ passeront niveau 5 avec un stock de Points de guilde en plus. Toutes les guildes niveau 9 ou moins passeront niveau 0 mais auront une compensation en points de guilde et en bonus de guilde.

This is pure silliness if its true, my main guild has reached lvl 20 and it gets the same rank as a lvl 10 guild which i made for my alts and lvled solo. I hope there's a difference after the update '

Example (point numbers will be wrong)

A current lvl 10 guild becomes lvl 5 and gets no guild points
A current lvl 15 guild becomes lvl 5 and gets 5000 guild points
A current lvl 20 guild becomes lvl 5 and gets 10000 guild points.
Wow what a mess so if my guild is level 9 and i wont lift it to lvl 10 till update i will simply loose 5 levels of new guild? C'mon thats unfair.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-12-21
posté May 30, 2013, 22:02:27 | #24
Looks interesting. I do wish there would be some mechanism for letting guilds forge alliances that allows multiple guilds to combine guild chat.

It would allow smaller guilds to clump their chat together so they can keep their guilds intact and growing but benefit from a busier chat and better organization between allied guilds.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-06-25
posté May 30, 2013, 22:30:35 | #25
Could have a system to exchange emblems, colors or even change the name of the guild, even if it could be done 1x per year.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2011-06-24
posté May 30, 2013, 23:32:03 | #26

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 30 May 2013 21:56) *
Wow what a mess so if my guild is level 9 and i wont lift it to lvl 10 till update i will simply loose 5 levels of new guild? C'mon thats unfair.

Well, these changes are coming in July, so you still have time Although I also don't think that it's quite fair...

This post has been edited by Catoonist - May 30, 2013, 23:32:41.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-04-11
posté May 30, 2013, 23:52:14 | #27
Only 10,000 to create?
That should be more expensive, because anyone can have this money.
Remembering that currently exists thousands of inactive guilds, what to do with them?
Should delete it all and start from scratch, so there would be so many guilds inactive for creating and price should increase.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté May 31, 2013, 03:53:49 | #28
So excited for this update! Whee!

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-16
posté May 31, 2013, 04:37:54 | #29
Positive:
  • Everyone can evenly help developing the guild, independently from character level.
  • Nobody needs to slow down his own development in the process.
  • Beeing able to choose the rewards.
  • Price encourages new players to join an existing guild instead of creating their own micro-guild.
Negative:
  • Daily quests: get boring after a short time and always imply a loss which can't be made up if skipped.

Horrible:

The extreme additional bonus given if the complete group is in the same guild. This heavily encourages guilds to shut themselves of, it indirectly punishes inviting players from other guilds or guildless characters into a dungeon or to fight an UB. Supporting interaction forms a vitally important aspect of a mmorpg, the bonds outside of the own guild will wither under such a harsh limitation. Please consider something like a bonus "if at least 50% of the group are from the same guild" either fixed or +x % for every guildmember instead.

All in all the revamp locks quite good and interesting, yet the predictable consequences from the "guildies only"-issue mentioned above are damping my enthusiasm a lot.

P.S: I bet the Guildogemme will be buyable for ogrines or a subscription gift in less than three months after release of the feature.

This post has been edited by Rimali - May 31, 2013, 05:11:17.
posté May 31, 2013, 07:27:32 | #30
I hate this. Straight up hate it. The reward for having busted our asses to get to level 20 is non-existent. You going to give all of our donated exp back to us? What about the bank tabs? What about the guild funds? Did I mention that we've spent like a year or whatever getting to level 20? And now you're going to change it to "rebalance" something that doesn't need 100% rebalancing.

We finally get to level 20 and hit front page and now you kick us in the nuts. Thanks. Higher rewards for those that are 20 already or give back exp donated if you want to rebalance this. Otherwise it's just a kick in the face and more time-sink quests.

Mostly I'd like my 448 million exp I donated into the guild back if you're going to make being a current level 20 useless. :|

Also guild party bonuses encourage guild 6vs1/2/3 etc pking as well. So if you didn't like getting raped by everyone's most hated guild(s) then be prepared to hate it even more. And also what is banding together with allies outside yer guild amirite? Why bother if you get no bonus!

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-07-24
posté May 31, 2013, 07:43:57 | #31
guild revamp... hah.. квестодрочерство!!!

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-03
posté May 31, 2013, 08:27:44 | #32

Quote (Rimali @ 31 May 2013 04:37) *
The extreme additional bonus given if the complete group is in the same guild. This heavily encourages guilds to shut themselves of, it indirectly punishes inviting players from other guilds or guildless characters into a dungeon or to fight an UB.

Quote (FeldePard @ 31 May 2013 07:27) *
Higher rewards for those that are 20 already or give back exp donated if you want to rebalance this. Otherwise it's just a kick in the face and more time-sink quests.

So much this.
I guess they aren't able to think about all the things at once, but.. They should! >:I That damn groups' issue seems to become really terrible.
Also i feel kicked in the face too.. I've been giving lots of fight and craft exp from different characters.. Yes, those numbers are all mine.

Also i've donated 1+ million craft xp for another guild (but later left it and wanted to take my xp back huh)..

And now that effort will just.. Disappear? SO FAIR.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2005-07-09
posté May 31, 2013, 09:23:17 | #33

Quote (Rimali @ 31 May 2013 04:37) *
Horrible:
The extreme additional bonus given if the complete group is in the same guild. This heavily encourages guilds to shut themselves of, it indirectly punishes inviting players from other guilds or guildless characters into a dungeon or to fight an UB. Supporting interaction forms a vitally important aspect of a mmorpg, the bonds outside of the own guild will wither under such a harsh limitation. Please consider something like a bonus "if at least 50% of the group are from the same guild" either fixed or +x % for every guildmember instead.
Wow, I didn't really think of this, But it is very true. Good point! Can you look into it Ankama/Troyle?

@Feldepard & Seguchi-- Also, I don't think Ankama has communicated the rewards for level 20 guild officially yet. If we take Spazturles example to be true, which seems very reasonable, and we can buy guild levels for 3000 points (just an example) then a level 20 guild with 10k guild points could buy itself to level 8 immidiately after the update, while a (now) level 15 guild, with only 5000 points can only buy its guild to level 6. But, in stead of buying level 20 guilds to level 8, we could also spend the points on bonus stats, and with level 20 guild's superior GP you can buy more bonusses than guilds who are level 15 now, right from the start! That has a very good potential to be balanced just fine, we just have to wait for Ankama to give more details on that.

I do agree that it's kind of a pity about the guild xp (AND THE VISIBILITY OF THAT, MY BELOVED NUMBERS!), especially if you leveled a lot in the past few months, thats really bad luck. But there was no other way to level guilds before, and I can't immagine anyone rather staying in a level 1 guild for the past 15 months then actually leveling their guilds at the cost of some experience and being able to use the guild bonus for 15 months.

This post has been edited by PidgeonX - May 31, 2013, 09:34:41.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté May 31, 2013, 12:15:35 | #34

Quote (FeldePard @ 31 May 2013 07:27) *
I hate this. Straight up hate it. The reward for having busted our asses to get to level 20 is non-existent. You going to give all of our donated exp back to us? What about the bank tabs? What about the guild funds? Did I mention that we've spent like a year or whatever getting to level 20? And now you're going to change it to "rebalance" something that doesn't need 100% rebalancing.

You don't even know this. There has been no official communication about the numbers. You might get a hundred gazillion guild points to buy you 10000% elementary mastery bonusses for your guild if you were level 20 while a lvl11 guild get 7 points that can't even buy 1% elementary mastery bonus for all you know.

Are these numbers idiotic? Maybe, but it shows how little sense your complaint makes. Just be patient for now and read the updates properly.

@Rimali: This is the only downside I see with this whole system myself. The "guild only" bonusses are way too restrictive and should be losened up a bit to support cooperation between guilds.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2010-07-03
posté May 31, 2013, 12:58:22 | #35
So much of everything lately,but no matter what you do,im not subscribing anymore untill you revamp foggers or balance classes

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2009-08-30
posté June 01, 2013, 13:01:38 | #36
I think this revamp is going to be nice,but when I think of all the xp we would lose makes me disappointed,I've been in many guilds where I gave lots of xp,now i have my own where I gave good xp too,it would be really cool if you,ankama,could get a way of giving back the xp we gave on the guild where we are atm,I was thinking of subbing soon but I'll have to think twice now :/,I didn't lvl till Max because of the xp I was giving in guilds,yeah the problem is sort of mine but your too,in opinion if you could give the xp back would be great ,ankama keep up the good work with the game that you made ,wakfu which is awesome ))

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-16
posté June 01, 2013, 14:01:38 | #37

Quote (neroatsushi @ 01 June 2013 13:01) *
I think this revamp is going to be nice,but when I think of all the xp we would lose makes me disappointed
They transform the donated experience into guildpoints - depending of the orginal guildlevel some of these guildpoints are directly spend to increase the guild to level 5. Nothing more, nothing less. Lost is something different in my eyes.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-12-02
posté June 02, 2013, 19:38:11 | #38
All I can see in this update is this: current guild pkers becoming worse and ganging up on the weaker guilds to take their prims. Popular guilds who often contain the strongest players become even more restrictive in helping non-guild members with UBs, etc. Overall, I can just see Wakfu becoming more and more unfriendly, distant, and every person for themselves kind of world. Not something that I would want to keep subscribing too...

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté June 02, 2013, 19:52:49 | #39
They should not take guild level as the method to give us the guild points. Instead they should take into account the total exp given to both craft and combat exp and then give us the exact number of guild points for every x amount of exp given.

Or maybe they should give us the respec window similar to the skill respec, where we have the exp gauge and we can choose where to use this exp : to get bonuses or to get guild levels.

They could also give something like mini guild points (aka cents) in case there is not enough exp to get 1 more normal point and maybe a method to earn those mini points in some way, maybe a small daily quest to kill 1 monster would give 1 mini point. I don't know. They can do it good way and i don't want to feel injustice only because i had guild at 10 combat and 9 craft (aka its considered as 9 though its half way to 10). I am not gonna subscribe to level the guild to 10 before the patch appear because i don't trust Ankama patches anymore and i expect some rollbacks, failures in translation or bad design of updated things that might happen. What if i sub and get dissapointed with the changes they did? I will waste subscribtion aka real money. If the patch will be good i will consider subscribing but not gonna do it in advance with hope that everything will be ok as i see how they destroyed Sadida by completly changing the gameplay of it, and even putting way too low numbers in some of the spells... wel i am not gonna complain here about sadida as i did it many times already (and not just me). Just saying that i am not gonna sub in advance only to pull guild to level 10 before patch but i don't want to feel that i lost 5 guild (new) levels only because of that. That would make me even less likely to sub.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2011-06-24
posté June 02, 2013, 22:52:10 | #40
I don't really understand the whole panic about the guild points...

I understand that it seems to be shocking to fall down from level 9 to level 0 (or from 20 to 5 or whatever) but these are just numbers. The devs could also say "Hey, we increase the guild levelcap to 40". So the whole max level 20 guilds would be just halfway to be a max guild. Or max level is still 20 and you become level 5 and get enough guild point to become level 10. It's the same to me.

The only difference is that you can decide if you want a higher guild level or more bonuses. And that's actually more good stuff than we have now.

And maybe the devs are also looking at how much craft and combat exp was spent. Maybe a level 9 guild with more combat and craft exp than any other level 9 guild will also get more guild points. We don't know that! They still didn't give us any information on that.

So let's just wait for it and don't panic too early....