Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Class revamp - Xelor
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 10, 2013, 21:53:33 | #21

Quote (IYesWayI @ 10 July 2013 20:28) *
I really dont understand why many of these are interpreted as nerfs. A properly built Air/Fire xelor will now be more powerful then ever. Ankama is buffing a class that is already unmatched. They are going to be on the level of Month 1 Air Cras.

The aging spell states the tick tock turns will be modified. It now consumes the states Distortion and Aiming. Do you really have faith in Ankama not to nerf this powerful combo with Hand?

Xelors Punishment is minimum range of three. You can no longer hit a target in Lock range of the Xelor.

First turn is a reduction of 75% elemental dmg. Sure you can build up to 100% eventually, but you need to spend AP on other spells. Currently I dial up and destroy anything i want. I don't waste ap on sand glass when i could cast another punishment instead. Punishment is also two max per turn. Casting this 4 times a turn was common before. Hands initiative loss is lowered.

Ankama does what Ankama does. There are certainly some nice spells to use after revamp, but until I get to test them out, or Ankama gives me some numbers to play with, I'm skeptical.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 10, 2013, 21:54:17.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-06-16
posté July 10, 2013, 21:55:00 | #22

Quote (OM3GA-Z3R0 @ 10 July 2013 18:14) *

Sinistro: It now has 3 charges, 3 AP and the spell Frostbite with a range of 1-3. If placed on a Dial cell, it will have chances to remove an AP and will no longer be destroyed if not on an Hour cell.

WOW such a huge nerf, Sinistro's were amazing crowd control support, actually they were my main spell next to Sandglass now they are literally useless.

Sinistro is the reason I play this class. :/

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-04-08
posté July 10, 2013, 22:01:03 | #23
We're fairly fragile as it is, and now you want to take away the damage from dial?!!! This sounds like a trainwreck,....just...NO....!!! I'm ok with most of the other changes, however making every spell be different on Tick or Tock, is probably going to be overcomplicated for most people and cause a lot of confusion overall....not to mention having to essentially relearn everything from scratch as nothing works remotely the same anymore. But please we beg you dont get rid of dials damage!!!

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2010-07-03
posté July 10, 2013, 22:41:37 | #24
Xelors can live!We - Foggers really need it !

Im speaking about revamp of course :c

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-04-14
posté July 10, 2013, 23:09:47 | #25
Good for the Xelors!

What about the Feca? I read something about releasing it on April... which was 2 month ago!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté July 10, 2013, 23:31:38 | #26

Quote (Troyle @ 10 July 2013 16:51) *

Quote (MoshPitt @ 10 July 2013 16:27) *
Making a Xelor seems a lot more interesting now. I may have to move this up on my to do list.

Wish mummification had more clarification to it. After the 4 turns, does the mummified character die? Or if the character has been healed, will it only lose the 25% hp given to it? If its the latter, definitely game changing

Upon resurrection, you will give HP to the character equal to a percentage of the current Xelor's HP (the percentage increases with the level of the spell). For the next 4 turns, the character will loose 25% of the HP that was initially given to him.

After these 4 turns, the characters stays alive and no longer looses HP.
4 tuns of loosing 25% HP given is like 100% of HP given, right? Does it mean the character will not die but will have hmm... 1 HP?

Also

Tempus Fugit: Its damages will now always be dealt before teleportation. Casting this spell creates a “Time Twist” (temporary translation) on the starting and ending cell. If a player steps on a Time Twist, he is teleported to the other (if empty). There can only be 2 Time Twist at a time in the fight, and they only last one turn. The spell has no special effect on Tick and Tock turns.

It sounds like Eliatrope thing to make such teleportating portals, no? Anyway if you plan to add it to xelor i think it should last permanently untill next Tempus Fugit is cast (aka last untill new ones are created). Maybe even make it so that first cast make only 1 Time Twist cell (at the starting cell) and that 2nd cast will create another (again at starting point, wich is now in different cell) after that the 3rd cast will remove the 1st Time Twist cell and place new one (at starting point of the 3rd cast) and so on. This will give a lot of fun for Xelor gameplay. It should definetly not vanish after 1 turn.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - July 10, 2013, 23:33:07.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté July 11, 2013, 02:24:09 | #27
I can no longer remove hyperaction with wind spells? That was the only reason I was water/wind. Aging is the only wind spell that uses tick/tock now. Further, aging only combos with other wind spells, there are no water or fire spells that apply aiming or distortion. Wind becomes a solo element, and doesn't care if you use water or fire, or just wind. How on earth does this encourage multi element? There is one passive that cares if I use multiple elements during my turn, does that sound like enough reason to make a double or triple element build?

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-03-25
posté July 11, 2013, 02:31:15 | #28
Water xelors are seriously complaining? Do you not understand how much of a buff you are getting? lol you noobs

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté July 11, 2013, 02:43:22 | #29
Look at the entry about aging, It says that it consumes the aiming and distortion states to apply them directly. Has the spell been totally changed? It says its damage bonus during tick and tock turns has been modified... That sounds like the spell itself, when cast, and not the aging condition the spell currently applies to monsters. They do not state that it still applies the aging condition that lasts the rest of the turn. that condition is the only synergy aging, the entire wind branch, will have with the other two elemental branches.
Why didn't they say, "The bonus damage aging supplies for ap and initiative loss will be modified." As it is worded now, the new aging looks like an entirely different spell with new effects replacing the original.

So the only reasons a xelor will have for summoning a dial are... to spend 1mp to teleport a limited distance, and to cast punishment? Nothing mentioned that the dial will still increase ap removal and iniative loss while the xelor is standing on it. Even if it still does, that only works every other turn, unless you use Desynchronization. The things they aren't mentioning are more alarming than the things they actually say!

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2010-08-21
posté July 11, 2013, 03:24:43 | #30
I believe that aging will still function for initiative and ap removal but it can also be used as a trigger for aiming and distortion states. I also believe the dial though it won't add damage will still work to increase initiative or ap loss depending on tick or tock turns. We will build up to a potential damage that is higher than the dial currently, but only 50 percent higher than any cell or 25 percent higher than the bright cell and it'll take several turn to climb that high and a stun turn will erase it all much like hygiene.

Also for those worried about hyperaction, it's going to work completely differently with this patch, you won't need to remove as much b/c the target will drop like 100 hyperaction each turn, it's actually based on their ap total, but that's being changed enough to where it won't be necessary to spend as much time removing the hyperaction as currently.

We've been following along with this revamp discussion for a while, so some of this is expected or was proposed though there have been some changes here at the end or things we hoped wouldn't be included after our complaints like nerfed damage on this or that, turn limits, etc. You can catch up on the xelor section of the forums with where things had been headed before they removed the link to the build specifics and gave us this dev blog with their intentions.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - July 11, 2013, 03:29:16.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2006-10-28
posté July 11, 2013, 04:00:31 | #31
The dial change looks okay, the dial destruction on the end of turn is a huge buff...we'll see about the removal of the % damages though. It looks like we'll have a lot of AP to play with and we still get % buff trough multi element spell usage for which you don't have to stand on a dial at all.

for water/air

on tick
you'd be able to gain a lot of ap for yourself(if solo) or for another player trough slowdown.
ideally clock can give you 5 ap so you can use it 3-5 times per turn(10 base ap) if you use devotion(depending how many times can you use it /turn).

on tock you get all that used AP on tick so you can go all out and destroy AP on multiple targets, place them where you want them, or escape on the other side od the map

and on the next turn if Rollback procs again you're on a roll i guess that's why we are seeing limits per target and damage reductions... I'm just unsure if rollback will give ALL the spent ap back or it will be restricted by accelerator(but since it is a passive i guess it will not add accelerator)

This post has been edited by Raphael-Raven - July 11, 2013, 04:01:00.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2006-03-21
posté July 11, 2013, 04:10:50 | #32
the dial still gives damage bonus (i think there is a error of traduction), sorry for my bad english.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-05-19
posté July 11, 2013, 05:57:20 | #33
Umm devs.
You gotta explain this tri-elemental thing.
What about spell experience raising to 200 makes Multi-Elemental stronger?
If the current idea is 3 skills at Max if multi-elemental. Doesn't that scale to 3 skills at max at 200 too. What difference is there in that progression that makes 2-3 elemental stronger?
Asking because your words make it seem like this multi-elemental effectivity will translate not just to Xelor but others.

This post has been edited by Testimony - July 11, 2013, 05:58:06.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-04-11
posté July 11, 2013, 09:22:50 | #34
As usual, I've some questions

"Xelor sandglass: Its damages will lower, and the spell becomes limited to 4 uses per target. On a Tick turn it will have a chance to give one AP to an ally under the “temporal focus” state. "

How will this work? We cast "Temporal Control" on an ally and then cast Xelor Sandglass on an enemy and the ally will get an ap and the enemies will get damaged? or just cast Xelor Sandglass on an ally so the ally gets AP and cast it on an enemy to make damage to it?

"Rollback: Its effect will be changed. At the beginning of the Xelor’s turn, he will now have chances of regaining the AP he spent in the previous turn."

Please explain this further, how much AP can we get back? Which's the limit?

Will the damage gain from "Time Crystallization" work like "Lone Sadida"? I mean, sure you need to cast a spell but how much % can we gain per turn and what's the limit of % we can have?

Quoting Kikuihimonji

It sounds like Eliatrope thing to make such teleportating portals, no? Anyway if you plan to add it to xelor i think it should last permanently untill next Tempus Fugit is cast (aka last untill new ones are created). Maybe even make it so that first cast make only 1 Time Twist cell (at the starting cell) and that 2nd cast will create another (again at starting point, wich is now in different cell) after that the 3rd cast will remove the 1st Time Twist cell and place new one (at starting point of the 3rd cast) and so on. This will give a lot of fun for Xelor gameplay. It should definetly not vanish after 1 turn.

+100 to this idea.

Also, the portal thingies that teleport allies or enemies, will the UBs be immune to those? Will the "target is stabilized" make the target immune to the portal thingies?

You're making Xelors need a couple of turns to prepare properly then do damage. You're making Xelors invest more time which we initially barely had.

This post has been edited by AlejandroVent - July 11, 2013, 09:24:36.
Community Manager * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté July 11, 2013, 10:24:32 | #35
First let me apologize, there was indeed a translation mistake in the Devblog, about the Dial.
"Its charges will also increase but it will no longer provide Damage bonus." should have been "Its charges will also increase but it will only provide a Damage bonus."

Quote (Nox16 @ 10 July 2013 20:10) *
Main question: Will time keeper trigger the acceleration state?

No, it will not.

Quote (Nox16 @ 10 July 2013 20:10) *
Second Lesser question: Will we be able to cast the dial in more than a straight line?

Only in a straight line.

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 10 July 2013 23:31) *

Quote (Troyle @ 10 July 2013 16:51) *
Upon resurrection, you will give HP to the character equal to a percentage of the current Xelor's HP (the percentage increases with the level of the spell). For the next 4 turns, the character will loose 25% of the HP that was initially given to him.

After these 4 turns, the characters stays alive and no longer looses HP.
4 tuns of loosing 25% HP given is like 100% of HP given, right? Does it mean the character will not die but will have hmm... 1 HP?

After the 4th turn the character will be left with 1 HP left if he wasn't healed by another player (or attacked by an enemy).

Quote (AlejandroVent @ 11 July 2013 09:22) *
"Xelor sandglass: Its damages will lower, and the spell becomes limited to 4 uses per target. On a Tick turn it will have a chance to give one AP to an ally under the “temporal focus” state. "

How will this work? We cast "Temporal Control" on an ally and then cast Xelor Sandglass on an enemy and the ally will get an ap and the enemies will get damaged? or just cast Xelor Sandglass on an ally so the ally gets AP and cast it on an enemy to make damage to it?

The first one: you cast Temporal Control on an ally to give him the Temporal Focus state and then any spell that gives an AP to an ally will directly give it to this ally.

Quote (AlejandroVent @ 11 July 2013 09:22) *
"Rollback: Its effect will be changed. At the beginning of the Xelor’s turn, he will now have chances of regaining the AP he spent in the previous turn."

Please explain this further, how much AP can we get back? Which's the limit?

Each turn the Xelor will pass one test per AP he spent in the previous turn. Each successful test gives him an additional AP for the turn. Note that there will be a maximum of 3 AP gained this way.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté July 11, 2013, 11:33:34 | #36
dial damage and Time keeper doesnt trigger accelerate... mwhahahhahahaha the things i will do *my op build here i come*
On the dial straight line thing that kinda sucks and limits us alot idk why you wouldn't just give us a few range around us in which we can summon it and then either walk to it or whatever that would seem very helpful but whatever i can ignore it its not that huge of a deal to me also so we can only get 3 ap from rollback now which we may or may not get from the beginning of the turn.... will this rollback ap trigger the accelerate?

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-07-24
posté July 11, 2013, 12:34:49 | #37
I don't trust toTroyle!! where is PDF file???? Place it to first page here!!!!!

Well now no joke.

We wanted to put the emphasis on Multi Element. While playing a single element will still be possible and fun, you will notice a high level of interaction between the three elements of the Xelor. It goes without saying that this class will reach its full potential when played with Multi Element builds. This is a modification that will become truer and truer in the entire game as time goes by. With the spells being balanced on a maximum level of 200 and no longer 100, you will see that playing Multi Element becomes a real option and a viable alternative to Single Element.
Please, monsieur Troyle call me at least one class how can be good in hybryd multielement build at now???

This post has been edited by milordDen - July 11, 2013, 12:47:06.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2006-10-28
posté July 11, 2013, 13:25:59 | #38

This change will apply to the entire game, but Xelors might be the ones most affected by it. All AP losses will now generate Hyperaction. In other words, each time you inflict an AP loss to your opponent, he will receive a level of resistance to further AP loss. The resistance will decrease at the beginning of each players turn.

I'd like to have this clarified. So now Hyperaction is lost at the beginning of each players turn; Does this mean for example a fight with 1 enemy: i cast sandglass 2 times on a tofu an he loses 2 ap and gains 20 levels of hyperaction. His turn begins and loses 10 levels leaving him with 10 levels of hyperaction. Now it is my turn again and since hypeaction is lost an the beginning of EACH players turn the tofu loses another 10 levels, removing hyperaction completely.
Or is it like now when he loses hyperaction only at the beginning of his turn?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté July 11, 2013, 13:41:13 | #39

Quote (Raphael-Raven @ 11 July 2013 13:25) *

This change will apply to the entire game, but Xelors might be the ones most affected by it. All AP losses will now generate Hyperaction. In other words, each time you inflict an AP loss to your opponent, he will receive a level of resistance to further AP loss. The resistance will decrease at the beginning of each players turn.

I'd like to have this clarified. So now Hyperaction is lost at the beginning of each players turn; Does this mean for example a fight with 1 enemy: i cast sandglass 2 times on a tofu an he loses 2 ap and gains 20 levels of hyperaction. His turn begins and loses 10 levels leaving him with 10 levels of hyperaction. Now it is my turn again and since hypeaction is lost an the beginning of EACH players turn the tofu loses another 10 levels, removing hyperaction completely.
Or is it like now when he loses hyperaction only at the beginning of his turn?
if i remember correctly he looses hyperaction based on how much ap they have... i think... yes maybe it would be nice for some more clarification on hyperaction.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-01-07
posté July 11, 2013, 14:46:22 | #40
Will gear that gives a bonus to AP stealing chance also increase the chance of giving AP in the tick turn?

-Timesicle