Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Class revamp - Xelor
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 11, 2013, 16:26:37 | #41

First let me apologize, there was indeed a translation mistake in the Devblog, about the Dial. "Its charges will also increase but it will no longer provide Damage bonus." should have been "Its charges will also increase but it will only provide a Damage bonus."

It makes me feel much better about the Xelors damage with some regular spells. The 50% dmg bonus goes a long way. This is good news.

Question:
Can you let us know if the old Combo of Hand + Aging still exists, and what can a Xelor do to increase the Initiative loss?

The Dial does not grant bonuses to initiative losses. Aging doesn't even say it functions like this at all anymore.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2010-08-21
posté July 11, 2013, 16:34:15 | #42
surely it does, they made it an aoe, to synergize with the aoe from fire branch and clock. And he repeatedly stated they were not going to remove aging when he was doing all the stuff in the other thread. I think it just will have dual purposes with this aiming and distortion stuff. If anything, aging supports multielement use more than any other spell in the game.

glad to hear we're getting the dial damage to stay. Now I'm starting to be hopeful. Our real problem with multielement usage is just being able to hybridize and keep damage high enough to matter. This should help with the problem as it will be possible to get 100 more damage than we have now and let us overcome resists.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-04-11
posté July 11, 2013, 18:44:01 | #43
Thanks for answering some of my questions Troyle, I blushed a little, I've a new question tho

Will the Dial have a LoS?

Short Strich * Member Since 2010-10-21
posté July 11, 2013, 23:46:40 | #44
I dont understand the range nerf to punishment. 3-4 means that if you are standing on an hour cell, you can ONLY target 2 other hour cells (maximum). While it is great that it can now be cast out of the dial, 3-4 range destroys the mobility. If an enemy is more than 4 squares away, I have to use a weak temporal distortion OR use another elemental spell - something that not all of us have the liberty to do.

Can this range be changed or are the notes in here final? I would love to see a "modifiable range" added, or at least change the ranges boundaries: 2-6, 1-5, etc.

I appreciate what you're doing with trying to make this class a tri-elemental build, but you shouldn't be nerfing the solo-elemental builds just to force people into hybrids.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2010-08-21
posté July 12, 2013, 03:32:13 | #45
Maybe it means it can still be cast like it is in game but if you cast it off the dial it has a range of 3-4 or maybe it's a range of 3-4 from an hour cell? Seems really odd to be so restrictive.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-08-09
posté July 12, 2013, 06:53:38 | #46
"Please, monsieur Troyle call me at least one class how can be good in hybryd multielement build at now???"

My fire eni is a great hybrid, even without the gear I want. kraken and what not. Fire/Water

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté July 12, 2013, 07:54:46 | #47
Sure, they aren't getting rid of aging... There still is a spell called aging, I can't deny that. They have been talking about revamping the conditions, and the aging condition is what I am concerned about. Will the new aging spell still apply the old aging condition? Does aging trigger aiming and distortion simply so that the target won't have all three conditions at once?

Where, outside of time crystallization does the water branch have synergy with the fire branch? I mean just having one passive, and one air spell that synergyse will all elemental branches is a rather weak encouragement for multi element builds. "Hey! Look at me! I am tri elemental! I cast mostly water spells, but I use one fire spell till my passive fills up, and I constantly use this one air spell!"
Yeah, multi elemental, riiiight.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-05-29
posté July 12, 2013, 08:45:21 | #48
My question is about tempus fugit. So if I'm reading this correctly, a player, other than a xelor can step on the time twist and move from the starting to ending cell? And if so, will the start and end cell of the time twist be arbitrary or selectable? Because otherwise it doesn't seem that moving from one time twist to another will do much if the start and end cells are adjacent to each other.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-06-13
posté July 12, 2013, 09:58:34 | #49
Ah, being a xelor is still not viable i guess

This post has been edited by AoKishin - July 12, 2013, 09:59:51.
Lead Community Manager * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté July 12, 2013, 10:56:51 | #50

Quote (AlejandroVent @ 11 July 2013 18:44) *

Yes it does require Line of Sight.

Quote (Gynrei @ 11 July 2013 16:26) *
Can you let us know if the old Combo of Hand + Aging still exists, and what can a Xelor do to increase the Initiative loss?

The Dial does not grant bonuses to initiative losses. Aging doesn't even say it functions like this at all anymore.

Yes, Aging keeps its ability to damage the target if it loses Initiative on Tick turns or AP on Tock turns.

Quote (Rusoke @ 12 July 2013 08:45) *
My question is about tempus fugit. So if I'm reading this correctly, a player, other than a xelor can step on the time twist and move from the starting to ending cell? And if so, will the start and end cell of the time twist be arbitrary or selectable? Because otherwise it doesn't seem that moving from one time twist to another will do much if the start and end cells are adjacent to each other.

Tempus Fugit has a range of 2-2. When casting it you will place a Time twist on your starting cell, and another one on the targeted destination. Anyone can then teleport from one cell to the other for one turn, providing that both of these are not already occupied by someone.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté July 12, 2013, 11:20:38 | #51

Quote (Troyle @ 12 July 2013 10:56) *

Quote (AlejandroVent @ 11 July 2013 18:44) *

Yes it does require Line of Sight.

Quote (Gynrei @ 11 July 2013 16:26) *

Yes, Aging keeps its ability to damage the target if it loses Initiative on Tick turns or AP on Tock turns.

Quote (Rusoke @ 12 July 2013 08:45) *

Tempus Fugit has a range of 2-2. When casting it you will place a Time twist on your starting cell, and another one on the targeted destination. Anyone can then teleport from one cell to the other for one turn, providing that both of these are not already occupied by someone.
I suppose having LoS for dial is there to not make it easy for Xelor to backstab in first turn after it used Dial, though it will be still possible with the use of teleportation spell (tempust fugit). Guess it only stop Xelor from jumping like a sacrier (with lighting speed) behind target that blocked los. It might, however, make it impossible to place dial in some cases (near map edge). Still i feel it will be ok with the high initiative the Xelor have - it will just need to be careful when dial will loose last charge - where to place self to be able to make new dial in good spot.

About those Time Twist i think it will be more of a drawback then useful tool for allies. Why? Because it will make enemies able to use it to get to Xelor easier but it won't help much for allies if they are not standing somewhere near Xelor (and usually they don't as Xelor teleport a lot). It might be good at first turn... when getting closer to enemy i suppose but thats about it. It would be better if the Time Twist would create only 1 cell (at starting point) and none Time Twist in the place where Xelor landed. Like i already have suggested: make it last whole fight untill the 3rd Time Twist is placed (where 2nd Time Twist make it possible to teleport between first and 2nd and 3rd twime twist removes the first one, and 4th time twist removes the 2nd one, 5th time twist removes 3rd one, etc). This way you will keep having 2 cells at same time and it will be a cool tool to be used in any fight for tactical purpose. You can even add synergy between 2 xelors in team where each one places 1 time twist and it makes it possible to teleport between one and another. I bet a lot of people would love that mechanic so please implement this this way.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 12, 2013, 15:36:58 | #52
Thanks for the response Troyle.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-05-22
posté July 12, 2013, 15:57:24 | #53
I think it would be better if Tempus Fugit acted differently. for example -range spell 2-2. Xelor can teleport himself 2 cells. first Time Twist is place on starting cell, now Xelor can choose cell where place second Time Twist. It would be very useful for Xelor, and allies. Could be create a lot of new strategies (for example new moowolf strategy...) - Wakfu is strategic game so it would be good XD

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-05-29
posté July 12, 2013, 16:15:50 | #54
Thank you for answering my question, also will timekeeper still be able to store ap along with adding charges?

Lead Community Manager * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté July 12, 2013, 16:18:19 | #55

Quote (Rusoke @ 12 July 2013 16:15) *
Thank you for answering my question, also will timekeeper still be able to store ap along with adding charges?

Yes.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-11-03
posté July 13, 2013, 11:22:05 | #56
Question 1 , why we can only place the dial in 4 direction and whit LoS why we can't place the dial using the diagonal , only four point....i don't understand , i understand all ppl say teleport on dial is an ability OP (place dial , and dodge automaticly an opponent) but i don't see the utility to have only 4 point aorund me to place dial......and the LoS WHY ???? o.o

Question 2 , Temporal Burn now can really trigger Aging or like now is a useless spell ???

Question 3 , at Lv.100 what is the bonus dmg of Time Crystallization ??

Question 4 , at Lv.0 how many time i can cast Devotion ??

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2013-04-08
posté July 13, 2013, 11:36:39 | #57
Phew glad to know that was a translation issue and that the dial still gives damage.....as for the rest of it, not completley sure how it will play out but...it does look interesting, so we shall see........

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-04-10
posté July 13, 2013, 15:49:26 | #58
I'm eager to see how the changes actually look in-game.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-02-03
posté July 13, 2013, 17:44:27 | #59
It will be interesting to see how these changes play out indeed. I do worry over some of the new mechanics of xelor playstyle, mostly water and the seemingly less single element friendly development, but that is the point of a tactical strategy based mmo such as Wakfu. I look forward to seeing more.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-05-12
posté July 13, 2013, 22:11:46 | #60
sorry, but im repeat my question
what's the point of initiative loss? reduced the time of class bonus? and little more damage if cast aging? but if i cast aging - i lose dmg from Temporal Crystalization, sa thats pointless at all

sorry for bad english :/