Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

New equipment rules
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-07-08
posté July 17, 2013, 19:39:08 | #21
This certainly looks like a step in the right direction to me, in providing flexibility when making builds. Quite frustrating to be "sub-optimal" when one last piece of equipment is missing to complete the set bonuses and either solution is to grind the PP or/and check trade for exquisite priced entries. The +AP gear bonus being applied to a greater item variety is a big improvement.

Looking at that work in progress screenshot, i hope you'll be providing better multi element gear bonuses in the future aswell. Having one of my classes preferring to play Earth main / Air secondary pretty much since inception, i found the currently offerings ( ex: Whisper set) a bit lackluster while day dreaming with DP set - forfut is a nice set (minus the -bonuses) but lacks a worthy follow up for me at the moment to develop my build further.

Really happy to see this carrying over to crafting aswell, making it more valued outside the current legendary crafts and a few other things - who knows, it may even allow to compete in the market as an actual business with a greater item variety and demand.

I'll also echo the PP complain trend, even when i don't have an enutrof toon or multi accounts dedicated to item drops. Although, spending most of the time in PP gear instead of my better fighting gear to boost the current drop chances and locks, leaves me with an uneasy feeling more often than not. Somehow, i think this situation could be improved without adding (even more) grinding to the already increasingly grindy game for the sake of longevity and sanity.

Overall, intentions look good and reasonable but we have yet to see their execution and reception.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 17, 2013, 20:02:32 | #22
I didn't care to gather 360 almanax tokens for a mount. Gathering tokens to improve my stats sounds much better. Too bad i didn't do the quests.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-03
posté July 17, 2013, 20:55:34 | #23

Quote (Troyle @ 17 July 2013 17:47) *

Quote (LioVamp @ 17 July 2013 17:38) *
what would be the token cost of alma relic?

The Relic will replace the Mount reward, so its cost will be 360 Almokens.
"Replace"? It has been told somewhere, some time ago.. Don't remember exactly, well, something about postponement of mounts' implementation. If we buy some shiny item for 360 almokens now, later we will be able to exchange it for the mount.. Is it still going to work?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté July 17, 2013, 21:29:56 | #24
While we are at this, can you change the + earth lvls and STR from Starry set into actual + earth dmg% to make this set Water/Earth (without lowering the water dmg%)?

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-27
posté July 17, 2013, 23:03:55 | #25
Why not just cut the amount of days to get some of the items in the alma? Most people ignore them because most of the stuff that's worth while takes over half a year to a year and most of us really don't see it worth it to go for those rewards when new weapons or gear come out that's more powerful than the gear that we waited a year to collect tokens for. it really just makes it a turn off to see the alma weps that take many months to get fall in comparison to the legendary weapons we can make which takes less than a month if you stick to it.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-01-12
posté July 18, 2013, 00:13:38 | #26
That sad, sad day, when you heard that the mount wasn't going to be available yet so you buckled in and bought a bunch of weapons and Almanax costumes...

my face when...

Q vQ see you next year, relic my love~  

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2011-05-20
posté July 18, 2013, 01:51:27 | #27

Quote (Eddaos @ 17 July 2013 18:34) *
+1 to fix drop rate. Doesn't have to be easy but there has to be a feeling of progress or reward to go with the ridiculous grind. Maybe bring back token machines, adjust the token prices of items and the dungeon token drop amount and then let tokens randomly be rewarded in fights.
I agree with this except the "randomly awarded" part, should be like 1 token per mob, and if you don't drop a let's say, mecha-cloak after killing a thousand mechas, you can cash in your effort even with no luck.

Lead Community Manager * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté July 18, 2013, 09:55:03 | #28
Important information, as we’re talking about Relics, contrary to what was announced in a previous communication; the Gelano will finally be a Ring, and not a Belt.

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 17 July 2013 20:55) *

"Replace"? It has been told somewhere, some time ago.. Don't remember exactly, well, something about postponement of mounts' implementation. If we buy some shiny item for 360 almokens now, later we will be able to exchange it for the mount.. Is it still going to work?

Yes, "replace" was a poor choice of word.

When Mounts are finally implemented, you will be able to exchange your Relic Insignia for a Mount.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté July 18, 2013, 10:36:44 | #29

Quote (Troyle @ 18 July 2013 09:55) *
Important information, as we’re talking about Relics, contrary to what was announced in a previous communication; the Gelano will finally be a Ring, and not a Belt.

When Mounts are finally implemented, you will be able to exchange your Relic Insignia for a Mount.
But then we will loose relic insygnia permanently...

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-10-04
posté July 18, 2013, 13:47:28 | #30

Quote (MoonBears101 @ 18 July 2013 01:51) *

Quote (Eddaos @ 17 July 2013 18:34) *
+1 to fix drop rate. Doesn't have to be easy but there has to be a feeling of progress or reward to go with the ridiculous grind. Maybe bring back token machines, adjust the token prices of items and the dungeon token drop amount and then let tokens randomly be rewarded in fights.
I agree with this except the "randomly awarded" part, should be like 1 token per mob, and if you don't drop a let's say, mecha-cloak after killing a thousand mechas, you can cash in your effort even with no luck.

One token per mob would be better but i already would be grateful if Ankama did anything concerning that topic. Are they aware of it and working on a solution, Troyle?

Farming equipment that drops with 0,3% from bosses is quite frustrating. There are sets like adimral hurl who nobody would ever sell on the small server i'm playing at.
I mean 1 DD + 5 Enutrofs can't be the solution, can it?
Especially since this team propably won't work in highlevel-dungeons.

And if there are multiple drops with e.g. 0,3%, an Enutrof has a much better chance to get item # 1 from the loot table out of a purse then to get item #4, although they drop at the same rate. This really should be changed.

@ Topic
Great thing. At the moment so many items are useless, especially the crafted ones.
I just don't hope all the new stuff will require to farm multiple stacks of 99 lowlevel-equipment-drops. Why is the game even called wakfu if people end up being forced to be stasis? Sure, you can work around that by farming the mobs in the dungeon. Solo, because equipment from non-bosses drops worse if you are in a group. Not every mop is also plantable, so planting the same amout of mobs you killed - of the same monster-family - won't be enough to not constantly being pushed to stasis.
There are so many farming professions but in the end all good equipment is created by non-craftable low-level-equipment you have to do hundreds of dungeon runs for.

P.S: Please excuse the errors in my reply, as you already might have guessed this isn't my mother language.

This post has been edited by Elithril - July 18, 2013, 13:53:29.
posté July 18, 2013, 15:28:45 | #31

Quote (Troyle @ 18 July 2013 09:55) *

Alright, thank you for responding. ^^
I'm going to buy the Relic insignia for sure, but once mounts are released, of course I will think about the exchange. Will think.. :p

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-10-23
posté July 18, 2013, 16:13:35 | #32
Your Plans are Achieve the lvl. 200 (not in Spell), Right? But who arrive in lvl. 200 can use all your points for have all the spells of support in lvl max. ?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté July 18, 2013, 16:23:09 | #33
yeah if im for sure able to trade the relic in then ill do that for the mount probably... idk depends on the relic but i would like it if you let us keep both ;-; im greedy though.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 18, 2013, 17:38:38 | #34
I quoted myself from another thread because I feel this is a point to make considering the push from Ankama to multi-element classes. Hopefully the Eni revamp will address this issue.

Healing is divided into water dmg% and heal%. Excluded from general dmg% and crit dmg%. Because of this Eni's are the worst to hybrid. If you gear multi-element you'll likely be giving up some extra heal% on other gear options. In other words, an item with 20% water and fire dmg sounds nice compared to a single element item at say 25% but that same item also comes with another 10% healing. The proposed Necroforge set is a good example. They removed the air multi-element capability from it and replaced it with heal%.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 18, 2013, 17:40:06.
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté July 18, 2013, 21:56:45 | #35
Hi everyone, here is more information shared by Azael:

" Hi there!

I come back to specify 2 or 3 points to prevent any confusion:

• Existing sets remain as they are, we will not destroy them.
  • Regarding the limitation 12/7 (specially towards the levels 200), what will make the difference is how to get there (ability, equipment items with these bonuses, etc.).
  • Bilbiza will have the first batch of equipment items for levels 85 +, followed by the Wabbits for the HL. Over the patches we will also add new items.
  • Failure to have more sets will allow us to create unique items that will enrich builds ... But it'll take players a little more thinking on how to choose them.

A more complicated point to understand is "granularity of interest," but I'll try to explain it in writing.

Firstly this is a concept that is truly related to the MMO/Hack & Slash, so if you're one of the players of these two types of gameplay, that should remind you a few things.

The equipment build in WAKFU is composed of 11 equipment slots (excluding familiar / insignia), each object has a "weight" depending on its location, level and rarity.

This weight determines the amount of bonuses, which bonus they may have and the importance of the bonus.These parameters determine in some way the basis of the interest of the equipment item for the player.

This is obviously the base, but the second important point will be the type of bonus of the equipment and the interconnection of these bonuses together to create an item that can be part of a viable build.

- I hope to not have confused you too much yet, but courage, we are getting close to the end of this post -

Knowing that, we will focus on the sets.

An set is a group of equipment items together offering bonuses.

As we have seen each equipment item has a weight (direct relationship to the interest), so we cannot afford to add a bonus from nowhere in a digital system under penalty of a system unbalance.

This bonus has also a weight that will be partly taken from the equipment items of the set, a kind of connection between the equipment items ... so far, logic, you might say.

First problem: the value of an equipment item begins to merge with the interests of the group of equipment items (the set).

We will therefore reduce the number of levers to create an equipment build as in our 11 starting slots there are at least 4 that become bound (and even more!).

Whatever happens we must preserve the maximum interest of the equipment items.

Based on this principle two paths open to us:

1 / Sets are created for each "build" classes and they evolved with patches/level gain.

2 / We base ourselves on the value of each equipment item that can be useful in several builds.

I'll give you my opinion on these two points:

For 1 /, its strong point is that we can control that type of equipment extremely well. This is the direction chosen by a lot of MMO like WOW for example.

Although the notion of equipment "build" is completely lost, with this option, everyone is chasing after the best set for their build ... no alternative.

But each set addition to the game gives that "need to get it" feeling the players (so a strong interest).

For 2 /, its strong point comes from the freedom offered to the players. Each equipment item can fit into a build and therefore allowing "exotic" builds to emerge.

So also in a little more "dev." way: Its cost is lower, therefore no need to make 20 different variations of sets for each patch.

A well thought equipment item can completely change an equipment build and its interconnection with abilities will be relatively strong.

This is the kind of direction that we find in the Hack & Slash (in particular) and this is the direction we are choosing to take.

There it is, hoping to have been as clear as possible in my explanation.

Azael."

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-18
posté July 18, 2013, 22:04:44 | #36
I prefer the freedom
Go azael, a lot of us really respect the vision you have for wakfu. We just wish the other devs were this clear with us..specially Grou (wasn't he the one responsible for the new smithmagic too?)

thank you sabi!!

posté July 18, 2013, 23:22:42 | #37
I vote for freedom too. ^^

P.S. It's adorable how much effort Sabi puts in her job.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2010-12-13
posté July 19, 2013, 01:37:45 | #38
I think this is a very good idea, and important for keeping Wakfu unique. The "set" balance issues are encountered on so many different games and even game genres. A single set becomes ideal for a single build because its set bonus fits that build so well, and all of its pieces have strong bonuses in addition to the set bonuses, so that set becomes the dominant strategy for that build. It seems game developers feel justified in giving a multi-piece set enormous bonuses since gaining that bonus means forsaking the other possible equipment that could be used, which seems to balance it out. All it does though is make that full set a "must have," as Azael said, since players will willingly sacrifice the "other" equipment in favor of the powerful set. This is also seen in trading card games like Yugioh, where key cards in card sets have incredibly powerful effects, which are "justified" in that they can only be used with the other cards in the set. Rather than the idea being balanced by this set-dependence, everyone goes for the whole set just because it's the dominant strategy, so you wind up with a bunch of people with the exact same deck, with only a card or two difference (of course the marketing idea for this is to get people to buy more cards to form the set, so it's not quite like MMOs, which usually don't require you to pay for each item, but the imbalance idea is the same).

It will certainly make crafting feel more purposeful, too, since at the moment it feels like there's only one thing worth getting every 15 levels or so, and the rest is just experience fodder. And that one thing tends to be either a weapon (which are never set pieces) or a ring (since only one is needed for a set bonus, unless the set has two rings). And a lot of the time, it felt like I was looking forward to crafting a set, only to find a monster-drop set at the same level (or sometimes slightly lower) that was better.

So good move. I very much look forward to seeing the long-term affects of this decision.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté July 19, 2013, 16:14:58 | #39

Quote (Sabi @ 18 July 2013 21:56) *
Hi everyone, here is more information shared by Azael:

" Hi there!

(,,,)

There it is, hoping to have been as clear as possible in my explanation.

Azael."

What do you mean by "existing sets remain as they are"? Do you mean their all current bonuses will remain but we will implement some very cool single items so you may want to break your set and use single items more often????

Please explain it because I am dealing with arach dung for 2 months and had already more than 100 runs to drop the entire set. If the set bonuses will be removed, all my efforts and hours (as well as others player) will be trash...

Kindly waiting for a more clear explanation...

This post has been edited by [MOD]O-Respeitador - July 19, 2013, 16:17:51.
Reason for edit : to long
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2008-11-24
posté July 19, 2013, 16:19:04 | #40
lol you just answer your own question, if they are going to say as they are then the bonus will stay as well...