Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

New equipment rules
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté July 19, 2013, 16:48:54 | #41

Quote (microundeas @ 19 July 2013 16:19) *
lol you just answer your own question, if they are going to say as they are then the bonus will stay as well...

Yeah this is what I extracted from the text in the first place but then the rest of the text made me a bit confusing.. Thats why i asked  

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-06-12
posté July 22, 2013, 21:18:22 | #42
Well if there gonna be grim reaper armor thats just crazy!

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-05-30
posté July 22, 2013, 22:04:43 | #43
hikarutunimoto hand up!

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-06-22
posté July 23, 2013, 07:55:21 | #44
sound good

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-01-30
posté July 23, 2013, 08:02:10 | #45
Problem is w/ the drop rates - what good is amazing gear if only 1% of the population will ever get it?

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-10-08
posté July 23, 2013, 17:20:35 | #46
I vote for freedom ^^ Gj ankama

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-06-12
posté July 28, 2013, 04:08:25 | #47
Why not have it where visual sets also combine, so we can keep them without them costing a ton of space XD

posté July 29, 2013, 11:34:19 | #48
transmutation stones here we come!!!!

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-06-04
posté August 07, 2013, 15:55:29 | #49
all this is doing is making the existing sets (with set bonuses) a "MUST HAVE" to quote this dev guy ..." After all, pwning is nice, but with style is even better!" how are you suppose to "pwn" in the new sets when you will loose ap/mp etc gained by older sets ..for example ..why would i change from a set like excarnus for example where i get 2 ap to another items combo.. unless i get the necro cape wich is easier said than done .. much eaiser building a less sought after set for the bonus than trying to find that ONE item everyone will be hunting for .. what your doing is making everyone use the same items , everyone will have exactly the same item builds because people arent stupid they will want the most powerful item combo depending on element .. ..i think its really impractical to have a set with no set bonuses .. Epic FAIL 

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté August 08, 2013, 05:44:44 | #50

Quote (OverrFiend @ 07 August 2013 15:55) *
all this is doing is making the existing sets (with set bonuses) a "MUST HAVE" to quote this dev guy ..." After all, pwning is nice, but with style is even better!" how are you suppose to "pwn" in the new sets when you will loose ap/mp etc gained by older sets ..for example ..why would i change from a set like excarnus for example where i get 2 ap to another items combo.. unless i get the necro cape wich is easier said than done .. much eaiser building a less sought after set for the bonus than trying to find that ONE item everyone will be hunting for .. what your doing is making everyone use the same items , everyone will have exactly the same item builds because people arent stupid they will want the most powerful item combo depending on element .. ..i think its really impractical to have a set with no set bonuses .. Epic FAIL

Thing is that you can get +MP from Boots and Breastplates. You can get AP from Necklaces and Capes (and technically rings as there are two, though Gelano is hard to get).

With that said, you do not need the +2ap from a set as you can create your own set with a Necklace and Cape that give +2ap and wear anything else you want in the other slots.

This allows for greater versatility in what you can use and wear.

That being said, I do like the feeling of using sets with bonus', but everything about this new update is technically for the better. Sets may not be giving set bonus', but they still give just as much stats, as the stats have moved to the items themselves allowing you to interchange the items without losing stats from a set.

- Kat

*edit
Oh, and also on AP and MP, you can get from weapons too. Range is also given on Weapons and Helmets for more nice stats without the "need" of a set.

This post has been edited by kurokat - August 08, 2013, 05:45:52.
Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté August 08, 2013, 20:02:58 | #51

Quote (kurokat @ 08 August 2013 05:44) *

Quote (OverrFiend @ 07 August 2013 15:55) *

Thing is that you can get +MP from Boots and Breastplates. You can get AP from Necklaces and Capes (and technically rings as there are two, though Gelano is hard to get).

With that said, you do not need the +2ap from a set as you can create your own set with a Necklace and Cape that give +2ap and wear anything else you want in the other slots.

This allows for greater versatility in what you can use and wear.

That being said, I do like the feeling of using sets with bonus', but everything about this new update is technically for the better. Sets may not be giving set bonus', but they still give just as much stats, as the stats have moved to the items themselves allowing you to interchange the items without losing stats from a set.

- Kat

*edit
Oh, and also on AP and MP, you can get from weapons too. Range is also given on Weapons and Helmets for more nice stats without the "need" of a set.
I'll also like to add something. When they implement Wabbit Island for high level characters in a little less than three weeks they will be adding gear that will go up to around level 150. So the sets with bonuses will no longer be the must haves. So there really is no problem. They implemented this change at the right time.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté August 08, 2013, 22:00:21 | #52

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 08 August 2013 20:02) *
I'll also like to add something. When they implement Wabbit Island for high level characters in a little less than three weeks they will be adding gear that will go up to around level 150. So the sets with bonuses will no longer be the must haves. So there really is no problem. They implemented this change at the right time.

That's a very optimistic post. Unless there are some easy to obtain AP items not much will change.

I want my 10AP build. So unless they make a cape, or some ap relic that's easy to obtain (lol), i'll be forced to stick with my lower level ap bonus set.

I've been in Excarnus or Hushed for my water characters since the dawn of time. As much as I want to try new gear sets and builds, I'm at the mercy of an AP cape drop. My only option is Necroforged. Neither the Assassins cape or Ice cape affect heals because they are general damage.

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté August 08, 2013, 22:25:01 | #53

Quote (Gynrei @ 08 August 2013 22:00) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 08 August 2013 20:02) *

That's a very optimistic post. Unless there are some easy to obtain AP items not much will change.

I want my 10AP build. So unless they make a cape, or some ap relic that's easy to obtain (lol), i'll be forced to stick with my lower level ap bonus set.

I've been in Excarnus or Hushed for my water characters since the dawn of time. As much as I want to try new gear sets and builds, I'm at the mercy of an AP cape drop. My only option is Necroforged. Neither the Assassins cape or Ice cape affect heals because they are general damage.
I do not see how my post is optimistic. All I stated was that the higher level items from Wabbit Island will be the must haves and not the items we have currently. Everyone knows the higher level items will be the must haves since they will give a statistical advantage, and thus there is no problem since people would prefer the level 140 and 150 items over the set bonus sets we have now. Just because you cannot obtain the cape you want does not meant you will not prefer the level 150 items. You might not be able to obtain it, but you will prefer it and that is what makes it a must have. You are confusing the words availability and preference. You, yourself, will prefer the higher level sets that come with Wabbit Island because you will also prefer the AP capes. People will still be wearing Exarnus and Hushed because of availability, but they will obviously prefer something else. Preference creates must haves, not availability, and you are mixing the terms up.

Maybe you thought I was agreeing with what Kat said, but all I was stating was people will prefer the higher level items over what we have currently.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté August 09, 2013, 19:29:22 | #54

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 08 August 2013 22:25) *

I'm not mixing anything up. Of course we'd all prefer the best in slot items, I talked about how I'd "prefer" to wear the current high level items in game, but because of "availability" I'm forced to wear other sets. Some much older in the games lifetime.

Creating super rare items designed to eliminate the dependency on set bonuses will only eliminate that dependency if we can actually obtain those new items.

This is the exactly what's going on in Wakfu right now. Lots of people would love to wear Mecha, Icecast, or Necro items mixed with some others. This is conditional on getting that Mythic drop. There are very few of these out there. If I can't obtain the new AP items to fit my build, I can't wear all the new shiny gear because i'm forced to wear a whole set to maintain my AP totals.

We don't know the new gear will give us a statistical advantage. You're applying logic or common sense to a company that has shown very little of either. These are the same people who originally released the Sylargh Set *cough*. But based on the Jelly gear I've seen lately I do hope the new gear will be statistically superior.

I say you're optimistic because you said:

So there really is no problem.

I'm saying there "could" still be a problem. So in my eyes, that was an optimistic statement.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - August 09, 2013, 19:30:27.
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-12-06
posté August 13, 2013, 09:06:01 | #55

Quote (Gynrei @ 09 August 2013 19:29) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 08 August 2013 22:25) *

I'm not mixing anything up. Of course we'd all prefer the best in slot items, I talked about how I'd "prefer" to wear the current high level items in game, but because of "availability" I'm forced to wear other sets. Some much older in the games lifetime.

Creating super rare items designed to eliminate the dependency on set bonuses will only eliminate that dependency if we can actually obtain those new items.

This is the exactly what's going on in Wakfu right now. Lots of people would love to wear Mecha, Icecast, or Necro items mixed with some others. This is conditional on getting that Mythic drop. There are very few of these out there. If I can't obtain the new AP items to fit my build, I can't wear all the new shiny gear because i'm forced to wear a whole set to maintain my AP totals.

We don't know the new gear will give us a statistical advantage. You're applying logic or common sense to a company that has shown very little of either. These are the same people who originally released the Sylargh Set *cough*. But based on the Jelly gear I've seen lately I do hope the new gear will be statistically superior.

I say you're optimistic because you said:

So there really is no problem.

I'm saying there "could" still be a problem. So in my eyes, that was an optimistic statement.
I'm still sitting in moowolf gear until I get lucky after hours of grinding mechas for that cloak. I'd pay the 1.5million kamas it would cost to buy it, but that's not in my budget (lets see i figured that out to be 9 days straight of mining + however much minting time that is (4 seconds per 85 kamas minting...hmmm)
I've probably killed over 5000 mechas (no hyperbole here), but I guess I'm just not lucky enough to get mythic drops.

Going for AP items only works if they are feasibly obtainable; currently, they are not.