Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Spells level up!
Community Manager * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté July 18, 2013, 16:00:00 | #1
Spells level up!

In the next update, on July 30th, the character level cap will reach 125, and spells will be designed up to level 200! Concerning these spells, let us tell you about how these modifications will go…To this point, spells were balanced up to level 100.

Even though your characters could reach over level 100, spells stopped progressing at this level. It quickly became a necessity for us to unlock spells progression, and rethink it up to level 200. After all, characters are expected to reach this level one day.

Today, we will tell you about these changes, implemented on July 30th.

Modification of spells experience

The experience curve becomes linear

Let’s start with the experience curve. Until now it was exponential (until level 70, and then fixed). It will now be linear. This should make your character’s evolution much more transparent and balanced.

Evolution of the Spells distribution

The distribution of spells at maximum level for each branch will also evolve: you will be able to have up to 6 spells reach maximum level in multi-element (2 per branch), or 4 in mono-element starting from level 100 (and the same at level 200).

Note that the spells will still be limited by the character’s level: On July 30th, you will be able to level up 4 spells in a branch to level 125 (if you play mono-element), or 2 spells in each branch to level 125 (if you play multi-element).

Modification of the remainder

Concerning the spell experience remainder system, we will boost it a little. Let us remind you what the remainder is: all spell experience that is not applied after a combat (because your spell already reached its maximum level) becomes part of the remainder, and stored aside.

This remainder is then given back in the next combats, until a value of 40% of the base experience. Starting with the July update, it will now be a value of 100% that will be given back! If you have experience remainder, you will get double spell experience until the remainder is emptied!

Rebalancing of the elemental masteries coefficient

You will see that this part of the devblog is much more technical and should be of interest to the mathematicians among you.

Today, the elemental masteries are based on a spell balance of level 100, and the calculation of the masteries was done on a coefficient of 2 on the total of the spells. Since these spells will now be able to reach 200, this coefficient has been changed to 1.

Let’s talk numbers.

To give more weight to multi-element, we decided to change to mastery coefficients as follows (spell 1 is the highest level one in this branch, spell 5 is the lowest level one in this branch):
  • Spell 1: 0.3
  • Spell 2: 0.35
  • Spell 3: 0.05
  • Spell 4: 0.1
  • Spell 5: 0.2
(0.3 + 0.35 + 0.05 + 0.1 + 0.2 = coefficient of 1)

To calculate your mastery, you simply need to multiply the level of each of your spells with this coefficient. A spell level 125, if it is the highest level of your branch, will give you 37.5% element mastery.

Our goal here is the give more power to multi-element, without making mono-element obsolete. A player using the 3 branches (2 spells to max level in each of them) will have interesting masteries in these 3 elements, while a player focusing on a single branch will have a complete coefficient of 1, and therefore higher element mastery in his main element.

What you should keep in mind is that the balancing of spells and element masteries will now be based on 200 levels, which should translate into a significant power boost for your characters in July.

Here’s an example of the spells repartition and spells masteries of a Sadida at level 100 on July 30th (multi-element and mono-element):

As you can see, your branches have been boosted!

In simple terms, compared to the current system, you will have about twice more experience to spend

Important note: contrary to what is shown in this screenshot, the resistance rate will be changed and now equal the damage mastery (1% mastery = 1% resist).

Note also that with this update, it will no longer be possible to reduce damages more than their basic value. If a spell has a base damage value of 50, it will not be possible to make it deal less than 50.

More rebalancing following these changes

Rebalancing of the States and their applications

The revamp of the Xelor and changes brought to Blindness in June constitute a first step toward a more global revamp of States application that must take place in this update. Globally, many states applied by classes will be rebalanced. All details will be communicated in the complete changelog published on July 29th. Note also that some Ultimate Bosses will have their resistances lowered.

Evolution of the Abilities

As you already know, much rebalancing took place in the last months: classes, spells experience, items (AP ones notably) and today spells level 200. This leads us to more modifications, and especially when it comes to the Abilities. On July 30th, we will modify the Abilities points’ rules. Also, the cost of element masteries (Strength, Chance, etc.) will be lowered: your strongest the mastery (Strength/Earth for example) in which you spent the most ability points will cost you 3 points to be increased by one point, while your weakest the other masteries (Intelligence/Fire for example) will only cost your one point to be increased by one. Your investment will be much more rewarding than before.

Stasis Branch

Azael talked about it in another devblog, we will modify the Stasis tree of the Foggernaut. This is an indirect consequence of the modification brought with spells level 200, but also and mostly due to class balancing. We wanted to use this opportunity to talk about these changes, since they can be summed up quite easily:

To calculate the Stasis mastery of a Foggernaut, we will take the average damage % in the 4 elements. Stasis will always use the lowest resist of the target.

This led to the modification of the damages of Stasis spells as follows:
  • Heart of Steam: 90 (instead of 175)
  • Ray of Stasis: 33 (instead of 65)
  • Stasis Shot: 50 (instead of 97)
  • Stasis Strike: 100 (instead of 195)
  • Aynaloxide: 125 (sintead of 243)

Don’t let these values fool you. With the evolution curse being linear, and the explanations above, the Stasis branch will receive a significant boost and become much more balanced than before, particularly in PvP.

A restat will of course be offered in July, allowing you to apply your spell experience as you wish.http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/community/blog/posts/403548-spells-level-up

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté July 18, 2013, 17:18:29 | #2
I like this new spell system, I think multi-element is worth it now. Before you had to sacrifice too much. Hopefully the abilities system is really good too.

This is the first time in a long time ankama does something that makes wakfu better. I hope it continues this way  

The Sinister Six * Member Since 2012-02-17
posté July 18, 2013, 17:19:01 | #3
HYPE

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-06-19
posté July 18, 2013, 17:22:39 | #4
At first glance, it was okay, then i saw elemental mastery, oh my, it's halved!

oh well, time to return from being a hybrid sac  

This post has been edited by AoKishin - July 18, 2013, 17:24:27.
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté July 18, 2013, 17:25:17 | #5

Quote (AoKishin @ 18 July 2013 17:22) *
At first glance, it was okay, then i saw elemental mastery, oh my, it's halved!

oh well, time to return from being a hybrid sac

THIS

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-04-29
posté July 18, 2013, 17:43:05 | #6
Oh nu! If I go mono, I loose 60% dmg QQ

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-01-16
posté July 18, 2013, 17:48:15 | #7

Quote (Ryuujikyon @ 18 July 2013 17:43) *
Oh nu! If I go mono, I loose 60% dmg QQ
i'd rather Hybrids and Mono elements be closer together, it will give some variety to the game that is desperately needed

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-04-09
posté July 18, 2013, 17:51:13 | #8
and, for example, whats going to happen to feca spells? at lvl 100, earth glyphs gives 3 ap, mp, etc... since we cant reach lvl 200 yet and you are going to revamp fecas next year... does that mean we wont be able to give 3ap/mp ever again after this patch? or are you going to change the effect of those skills everytime you raise cap lvl? explain that please (or has to do with the "Rebalancing of the States and their applications"?) I dont know if there are other characters with this kind of spells that gives a better effect at max spell lvl... but this looks like one of those "secret" nerfs ankama loves to implement.

I dont like this system, pretty numbers when we hit lvl 200, but sadly, cap will be 125... so basically we are losing power. It feels like every patch we get, we get nerfed more and more, and the monsters remains the same... hope that chillberg monsters adjustment is to lower their stats.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté July 18, 2013, 17:55:41 | #9
What about dolls, will doll spells go up to 200 too?

This post has been edited by Neneko88 - July 18, 2013, 18:02:34.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté July 18, 2013, 17:57:55 | #10
Question one!!

So example Eca Flee Love... 100lvl deal ( XX dmg) transfer => 200lvl deal XX dmg or new value XXX dmg ?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté July 18, 2013, 18:05:18 | #11
Interesting. The elemental dmg bonus gained from spell levels is significantly lower. 45% or so in some cases.

These changes are nothing but good for PvP. Having more spells to actually use at respectable levels for PvE is awesome too.

Classes with no significant damage specialties are going to be hurting even more on UB's. Also, now that the exp per level is linear, using spell exp to increase resist is more troublesome. Spending a very small fraction of your spell exp to raise an entire branch to 40 was nothing.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-12-21
posté July 18, 2013, 18:17:15 | #12
Love the linear spell progression and 4 max/2 max for uni ele and multi ele. It will finally feel like single element builds can master their element and multi element builds will be able to have enough spells lvled to do some interesting combinations.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté July 18, 2013, 18:38:09 | #13
Sorry Troyle but this doesn't even come close of giving the crucial information, what i would like to know:
  • How does the spell lvl cap influences special effects, I'm talking about sadida's shield, xelors ap removal, osa's buffs feca's shields and glyphs and spells that for example at lvl 100 have a 100% chance of happening. Will we see those getting halved at lvl 100, doubled at lvl 200 or does the effect stop increasing at a particular lvl?
  • Will the base dmg rate (lvl 100) of spells be changed in anyway?
  • Will stasis resistance be removed on all ultimate bosses with this update as it gets balanced now?
  • How will it effect summons that link their spell levels to their own level and were capped at 100?
All with all this could become very interesting depending on the information  

posté July 18, 2013, 18:38:50 | #14
edit: I forgot spells can now hit 125 once level cap is raised

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 18, 2013, 18:42:19.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2006-03-12
posté July 18, 2013, 18:51:18 | #15

Quote (Troyle @ 18 July 2013 16:00) *
The distribution of spells at maximum level for each branch will also evolve: you will be able to have up to 6 spells reach maximum level in multi-element (2 per branch), or 4 in mono-element starting from level 100 (and the same at level 200).

Is a two-element build planned too?

mono-element -> 4 spells to max

two-element:
- 3 spells in both branches to max (this could be too powerful) OR
- 2 spells in one branch to max, 3 spells in the other branch to max

multi-element -> 2 spells per branch to max

This post has been edited by dura-cell - July 18, 2013, 19:00:33.
Reason for edit : changes
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-01-09
posté July 18, 2013, 18:52:15 | #16
At first glance, this looks like a great improvement! I'm just wondering what kind of damage these spells will do. I mean, there are already heavy-damage classes demolishing everything in both pvp and pve, so I can't imagine that numbers we'll be able to pull off after this. Unless this mastery nerf is significant enough, then the same classes will be dealing the same damage. Of course, I'm no math geek and we haven't seen the level 100+ damage numbers yet, so I might just be worrying over nothing.

As for the stasis Fogger changes, I'm not sure I understand it yet. So we take the overall damage per element a Fogger has, take the average, and apply it to the Stasis branch? Sounds like it could be worth it, but Foggers will have much more trouble with Fecas and other tankier classes as long as they keep their resists higher than 100%, which is pretty easy to accomplish right now.

Quick question: Will the Stasis branch changes be coming on the 30th, or is that still reserved for October?

posté July 18, 2013, 19:18:27 | #17
OK, trying to wrap my head around this. So, no matter what level your character is, you always have the option of maxing 4 spells in one branch or maxing 2 spells in each branch. That sounds good.

With level cap becoming 125 and maxing 4 spells in a single branch I will have 100% dmg bonus and 50% resist in one element. Zero in the rest =(. At level 200 I would have 160% dmg and 80% resist.

For the best possible dmg bonus you want two spells capped and your last three at equal levels. I'm basing this on the bottom pic where the one element earth build has a total of 441 spell levels. Where as if you maxed four spells only you have 400 spell levels total.

So it seems to me the lower spell levels cost less spell exp. Someone else do some math and figure out what the linear progression is.

Edit,

Example: I assume spell exp will match normal class exp exactly. If it takes 100 exp to level from 5 to 6, it will take 100 spell exp to increase a spell from 5 to 6. So for every 100 exp i gain in battle i'd receive 400 spell exp. Which I can use to increase 4 spells in one branch from level 5 to 6. Sorry, I'm rambling at this point.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 18, 2013, 19:46:38.
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté July 18, 2013, 19:47:45 | #18
Judging by the picture:

leveling up a spell takes the (current spell level x 1000) to be the spell exp required(except lvl 0 I assume to be 1exp)

it also works in the case of 1x100 levels being 5,050,000 spell exp and 2x70 levels being 4,970,000 spell exp, which fits with the mono-elemental build that has 3x100s and 2x70s instead of only 4x100s.

A really easy, simple spell exp system, almost kinda boring, but i guess it works, and makes later levels feel more progressive with how much faster spells will level.

Level 200 spell exp is 120,600,000 total spell exp (when spread across all three branches evenly)
Equation to solve for spell exp is ((spell level desired)/2*(spell level desired))+((spell level desired)/2)

This post has been edited by smallz117 - July 18, 2013, 20:09:58.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté July 18, 2013, 19:51:53 | #19
I posted this in the Fogger section, but since not everyone goes there, here it is (hopefully someone will find useful):

Well, since I don't play Foggers, though have always liked the idea of one, I don't know what spells are used the most, so in the following, all spells are averaged at 66 lvl's in each at lvl 120.

Click here

Wearing this at least does not involve any of the as of now "Impossible to Obtain" Dragon Pig items other's have been placing in their builds here. It also does not involve any of the Kraken gear which I personally dislike for how horrid your resists get (as noted as those other builds all have next to nothing in resists).

This would give decent resists and the Sylargh's BP you need to understand currently has

+1 MP
+152 HP
+12 Prospecting
+7 Willpower
+16% Resist. ( )
+15% Resist. to attacks from behind

for stats and after the item revamp, which is happening when this stasis change happens it will have

+1 MP
+109 HP
+25 Initiative
+3% Critical Hits
+15% Critical Damage
+25% Damage
+12% Resist

Meaning that the Fire Mastery will be another 25% higher than what is in the builder listed above.

With:
331% Earth
356% Fire
201% Water
203% Air

That averages out to 273%. If you rearange my spell levels to fit your build better, lets say you have any one of the new spell damages at 100 (obviously not all of them at once), it would bring you to:

- - - - - - - - - - - New Base - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - With 273% Avg - - - - - Old Base
Heart of Steam: 90 (addition of “no line of sight) - - - - 335.7 - - - - - - - - - - 175 (and LoS needed)
- Ray of Stasis: 33 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 123.09 - - - - - - - - - - - 65
- - Stasis Shot: 50 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 186.5 - - - - - - - - - - - 97
- Stasis Strike: 100 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 373 - - - - - - - - - - - 194
- - Aynaloxide: 125 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 466.25 - - - - - - - - - - 243

And you are now going off of the enemies lowest resist, which normally most enemies (save bosses) have a resist they have next to nothing in. This seems like it could work.

Again though, this is just theory crafty.

Thoughts?

- Kat

P.S. I also did not spend any of the Stat Points, so you could add more AP or Damage or what ever you want with that still.

-------------------------

Extra not in original post:
I do not see in this thread that Fogger's Heart of Steam has No Line of Sight like listed before. I wonder if they are still leaving it with No LoS cause that would be wondrous.

-------------------------

New stuff:

After looking at lots of Fogger stuff, looks like a popular build is 11ap build. So I did this:
Click here
This has spell lvl's at (using current spell system):
Stasis: 100, 28, 27, 28, 100
Fire: 49, 49, 49, 49, 49
Earth: 49, 49, 49, 49, 49

With this (remember to add the 25% more to fire cause of the change to Sylargh's BP), you get:
Earth: 288%
Fire: 313%
Water: 190%
Air: 192%

For an average of: 245.75, so let's round to 246%

Taking the table from above (all spells listed at lvl 100 still in the table of course), you get:

- - - - - - - - - - - New Base - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - With 246% Avg - - - - - Old Base
Heart of Steam: 90 (addition of “no line of sight) - - - - 311.4 - - - - - - - - - - 175 (and LoS needed)
- Ray of Stasis: 33 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 114.18 - - - - - - - - - - 65
- - Stasis Shot: 50 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 173 - - - - - - - - - - - 97
- Stasis Strike: 100 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 346 - - - - - - - - - - - 194
- - Aynaloxide: 125 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 432.5 - - - - - - - - - - 243

Of course you now have to deal with a bit of resists, but it is the lowest resist of the enemy, and most have a resist that is lower than the other (UB's being the exception with everything high resists normally). If the Stasified State still lowers resist to Stasis attacks, then even better still.

- Kat

-------------------------------------

One last edit*

Forgot that the Microbots get damage based of of your Aynaloxide =^.^=

With Aynaloxide having a 125 base, this gives the Microbots a 37.5 base (15% from maxing the Microbot passive and doubling that to 30% with Groove maxed).

Let's take the the second % I listed (as it is lower) of 246% average masteries.

That gives us a Microbot doing 129.75. That is wondrous. Before it was 70.2 (234*0.3).

Yay for the little ones getting a boost too.

- Kat

This post has been edited by kurokat - July 19, 2013, 17:32:48.
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté July 18, 2013, 19:58:34 | #20
Stasis Foggers will also have the pleasure of statting chance or agility for REALLY cheap to not only help boost their average damage but also help a lot on their resistances, too. Fecas can also use this to stat some really easy air resistsances, 4 points for 1% air resists is fairly nice. so they can be even tankier.