Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

Spells level up!
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2008-06-02
posté July 19, 2013, 14:40:47 | #41
Lol... Once again is Ankama saying "play the way WE want you to play" =P ... I don't see a balance between mono and multi here...

Multi is now a must-have =/

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-07-19
posté July 19, 2013, 15:08:35 | #42

I don't think it is bad.
You have multi element build - you can cast 1st element AND 2nd element. You have mono element - you have no choice.
All way for multi-elements! It provides choice, it makes players to be creative and to make different builds. Why should i see "one-same-spell iops" in the game? I want see something surprising, something interesting. That what "multi > mono" concept provides.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-06-10
posté July 19, 2013, 15:38:58 | #43
Every single patch lately just ended up being a nerf... soo it seems now mono element builds are gonna lose more dmg as compared to multi elements... This rebalancing" is just a cheap trick to force people into hybrid builds... Ankama keep it up... you just know how to spoil a game we love...

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2008-01-19
posté July 19, 2013, 15:43:04 | #44

Quote (aquabeauty @ 19 July 2013 01:02) *
*cries*
They used my Sadida as an example, I feel like they have me in mind!!!

These are tears of joy. BUT let's see what happens on the 30th.

My Sadida states *cries some more* MYyy SSSSadida states are coming to life. My Omni sadi's heart just skipped a beat!!!

Troyle is god.

oHH mahh gawwwddd.... I am going to take a bite out of this cake and I really hope that it is not a lie.
haha!
best reply in this thread atm!

I am praying with you and hope this will be great for us as sadidas  

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2011-11-15
posté July 19, 2013, 15:56:26 | #45
what about earth Drhzerker binded to 1 element?

Short Strich * Member Since 2010-08-24
posté July 19, 2013, 16:46:02 | #46
So, if I have a fogger with %100 fire damage and rest is zero, my stasis damage will be %25?

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté July 19, 2013, 17:24:47 | #47

Quote (theSunLike @ 19 July 2013 15:08) *

I don't think it is bad.
You have multi element build - you can cast 1st element AND 2nd element. You have mono element - you have no choice.
All way for multi-elements! It provides choice, it makes players to be creative and to make different builds. Why should i see "one-same-spell iops" in the game? I want see something surprising, something interesting. That what "multi > mono" concept provides.

I hope you realize it doesn't matter how many build combinations are available. Players will always see something that works well, & cookie-cut. We will always find what works best, & other players will copy. That's how that works... If you see someone else twice as good as yourself, you will obviously try it.

Thinking that you'll see more diverse builds... If I had a drink it would be on my screen right now.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2011-12-01
posté July 19, 2013, 17:33:49 | #48
Added in Microbot damage to my first post.

- Kat

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-01-27
posté July 19, 2013, 17:57:44 | #49
Seems like mono-elemental builds are taking a huge hit with this update. I guess Ankama never heard of the saying "Jack of all trades, master of none". Lowering mono-elemental builds damage to be parallel with multi-elemental ones is just absurd.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-04-04
posté July 19, 2013, 18:13:55 | #50
I'm excited for this update

Only 3 things do concern me:
1. Mono Element, OK. Multi Element, OK. What happens to Bielementals?
2. "Play a Foggernaut, because nobody has stasis resistance" I guess this little unimportant detail about the stasis fogger got lost (They are still strong... as long as the enemies don't have a minimal resistance bonus of +200% or more... ups, UBs...)
3. What about Makabras? Lvl. 200? Because they are slowly getting useless with their stats limited to lvl. 100.

About the Mono versus Multi:
Please stop whining. I play both and this change will bring balance. At the moment Mono is OP in comparison to Multi... And after the changes Mono will still be stronger than Multi!

Troyles Sadida example:
Earth dmg bonus multi: 65%
Earth dmg bonus mono: 91%

Whats more: Mono Elemental sets are stronger than Multi (If the Multi sets even do exist)

This post has been edited by Schildbuerger - July 19, 2013, 19:43:19.
Reason for edit : Added example. Added concern no.3
posté July 19, 2013, 19:01:23 | #51

Quote (Schildbuerger @ 19 July 2013 18:13) *

2. "Play a Steamer, because nobody has stasis resistance" I guess this little unimportant detail about the stasissteamer got lost (They are still strong... as long as the enemies don't have a minimal resistance bonus of +200% or more... ups, UBs...)
3. What about Makabras? Lvl. 200? Because they are slowly getting useless with their stats limited to lvl. 100.

Please stop whining. I play both and this change will bring balance. At the moment Mono is OP in comparison to Multi... And after the changes Mono will still be stronger than Multi!

Troyles Sadida example:

Whats more: Mono Elemental sets are stronger than Multi (If the Multi sets even do exist)

1. Bielement will most likely still work with 2 and 3 maxed spells or 3 and 3 maxed spells (yet unconfirmed) so should still be fine.

2. Take a look at my post on the first page. Foggers will now get a Stasis boost based on the average of all their masteries, but will now be resisted by the enemies lowest resist. I do some fun calculations as the Stasis branch all had it's base damage's changed for this (for the better I assure you).

3. Maka items will not change. There is no need for them to change. They are not supposed to be the absolute best and other items that come along in new content should be better. That's what you get for a cash item. This way it's not pay to win.

-----------

And for those complaining about Mono to Multi, you will still be getting more elemental mastery in a mono element build, as well as having 4 instead of 2 maxed spells. I'd say that Mono is just fine still after this update.

- Kat

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-07-05
posté July 19, 2013, 19:11:31 | #52

Quote (kurokat @ 19 July 2013 19:01) *

Quote (Schildbuerger @ 19 July 2013 18:13) *

2. "Play a Steamer, because nobody has stasis resistance" I guess this little unimportant detail about the stasissteamer got lost (They are still strong... as long as the enemies don't have a minimal resistance bonus of +200% or more... ups, UBs...)

Troyles Sadida example:

1. Bielement will most likely still work with 2 and 3 maxed spells or 3 and 3 maxed spells (yet unconfirmed) so should still be fine.

2. Take a look at my post on the first page. Foggers will now get a Stasis boost based on the average of all their masteries, but will now be resisted by the enemies lowest resist. I do some fun calculations as the Stasis branch all had it's base damage's changed for this (for the better I assure you).

3. Maka items will not change. There is no need for them to change. They are not supposed to be the absolute best and other items that come along in new content should be better. That's what you get for a cash item. This way it's not pay to win.

-----------

And for those complaining about Mono to Multi, you will still be getting more elemental mastery in a mono element build, as well as having 4 instead of 2 maxed spells. I'd say that Mono is just fine still after this update.

- Kat
1) Both Mono and Multi are in similar states of damage buff/debuff, little will change, and I like the idea of my fire cra have 3 level 100 spells and 2 lvl 70 at lvl 100. But an Air/Earth Cra sounds monsterous or Air/Fire maybe too. It all flows better.

2) Bi-ele builds will have their spell levels being, at level 100:
Ele 1: 100/100/100/0/0
Ele 2: 100/100/0/0/0
OR
Ele 1: 100/100/70/0/0
Ele 2: 100/100/71/0/0

Check here for spell levels
Works will all levels, just change the spell levels and character level to your desire. And have fun.

This post has been edited by smallz117 - July 19, 2013, 19:36:51.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-04-04
posté July 19, 2013, 19:42:34 | #53

Thanks for your reply!

2. I agree. Except for enemies with very high resists in all elements. (Beating them was the stasis foggers one big advantage. Now he will be just normal with a mediocre +dmg. I perceive that as weak against high resist enemies)

3. Ever leveled a makabra to 100? Not easy... To 200 one giant piece of work. Not so very Pay to Win... (Plus on Amara you can buy lvl.20 Makabras for around 13.000 Kamas...)
I do see a need. Because if the level cap allows it you will have reached lvl.140 by the time your makabra reaches lvl. 100 (no Quest EP; always only 10% of fight EP...). This makes makabras totally useless in the near future...

BTW: even at lvl. 100 makabras are not the best items. Neither should they be at lvl. 200. But they are an alternative to leveling your weapons master to 100 only because of 1 weapon. (For example weapons with leadership and ap are legendary aoe crafts or makabras only!)

The whole "legendary" lvl. 100 craft thing is a joke too... since those weapons will be/are already weaker than "normal" lvl. 100+ crafts and drops (At the moment at least)

PS: sorry, used steamer instead of fogger will edit my last post... different english name in the german version

posté July 19, 2013, 20:37:14 | #54

Quote (Schildbuerger @ 19 July 2013 19:42) *

Thanks for your reply!

2. I agree. Except for enemies with very high resists in all elements. (Beating them was the stasis foggers one big advantage. Now he will be just normal with a mediocre +dmg. I perceive that as weak against high resist enemies)

3. Ever leveled a makabra to 100? Not easy... To 200 one giant piece of work. Not so very Pay to Win... (Plus on Amara you can buy lvl.20 Makabras for around 13.000 Kamas...)
I do see a need. Because if the level cap allows it you will have reached lvl.140 by the time your makabra reaches lvl. 100 (no Quest EP; always only 10% of fight EP...). This makes makabras totally useless in the near future...

BTW: even at lvl. 100 makabras are not the best items. Neither should they be at lvl. 200. But they are an alternative to leveling your weapons master to 100 only because of 1 weapon. (For example weapons with leadership and ap are legendary aoe crafts or makabras only!)

The whole "legendary" lvl. 100 craft thing is a joke too... since those weapons will be/are already weaker than "normal" lvl. 100+ crafts and drops (At the moment at least)

PS: sorry, used steamer instead of fogger will edit my last post... different english name in the german version

2. Yes, enemies will all Resists will be a problem to Stasis Foggers, but if they are to every class. If an enemy has one resist that is lower than another, Stasis Foggers will gain an advantage as they will always be able to attack the enemies weak point.

3. Yes, Makabra items take a while to level, but are simple to obtain. The legendary craft weapons are still some of the best in the game. From Exi's Shovel (for Enu's), Zeorus's Blade with that delicious stun, Tot's Sword with that insane HP and other stats still good, Grou's Axe for the super damage if you don't mind the hit to resist, Fryou's Little Staff is still the best Leadership weapon as it is the only Leadership weapon that gives an AP and is one handed allowing for the Ratty Riot Shield for another Leadership, Fryerr's amazing bow, and my personal favorite, the Tijeebon Mallet giving the best heal with damage, added AP and Range, single handed so you can use either a shield or dagger. That and the seal weapons all have various status effects too for more fun from raising ally resists, lowering enemy resists, summoning things, healing pets when you're a class that cannot normally and so on.

There will be newer items, Makabra items to me are just items to get you started, or if you're to lazy to take the time to gather mats to make the legendary seal weapons. Yes you have to get the mats and raise that craft if you cannot buy the seal off of someone else, but it takes time to level a Makabra weapon too. So either way you're spending time.

Of course that's just on the weapons. The Legendary Seal Equips are quite amazing too and make amazing filler pieces to sets.

- Kat

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2006-03-12
posté July 19, 2013, 20:39:16 | #55
Still waiting for any official comment on bi-element...

Quote (dura-cell @ 18 July 2013 18:51) *
Is a two-element build planned too?

mono-element -> 4 spells to max

two-element:
- 3 spells in both branches to max (this could be too powerful) OR
- 2 spells in one branch to max, 3 spells in the other branch to max

multi-element -> 2 spells per branch to max

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 20, 2013, 00:32:18 | #56

Quote (Dusanyu @ 19 July 2013 10:55) *
One simple question? Will multi-element eniripsa builds be available too or not? As you know DMG ALL bonuses do not affect eniripsa's water branch, two-elements sets commonly don't includes heal bonuses (Excarnus is exception, and it is near-final set), and there's no water+fire+air gear, only DMG ALL, that makes 3-elements builds completely impossible since water branch will not receive bonus.

It's ok if only 2-elements builds will be really possible for an eni, but, please, think about adding more air+water+heal gear (as for now --- it is only future Necroforged that has this stats, that is level 115+, and only 4 items).

Agreed, I'm curious what Ankama's thoughts are on Eni multi-element. Personally, i say remove all general dmg stats or let it affect any spell that gains strength from specific element dmg only. (heals, traps, glyphs etc)

Troyle, please answer. Your last plans making huge disbalance between multi-element classes and single element chars. Using different branch gives u better resist and flexibility. What about earth Drhzerker enutrof? He can use only earth, will you rebalance his skills or abilities?

No. Single element builds will still attain a higher elemental damage% than multi-element. There will be some combos such as lashing/blazing that will give a player a higher base dmg total per turn. Some Classes might take advantage of this and surpass a single element build. Every class is different.

Ankama increased the viability of multi-elements to what looks like an acceptable degree now. Combined with the gear adjustments and multi-element builds have more incentive to go this route.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 20, 2013, 00:32:58.
Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-01-13
posté July 20, 2013, 04:13:29 | #57

Quote (ZeraKoN @ 19 July 2013 14:40) *
Lol... Once again is Ankama saying "play the way WE want you to play" =P ... I don't see a balance between mono and multi here...

Its not good for all mono players we lose a lot of dmg ........ 70% and more ... ankama forces us to go multi element ,this is not a balance its a new restriction. My dragon osa has only disadvantages with this new system same as my Iop

Troyle, please answer. Your last plans making huge disbalance between multi-element classes and single element chars. Using different branch gives u better resist and flexibility. What about earth Drhzerker enutrof? He can use only earth, will you rebalance his skills or abilities?

Now now, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
At this point, very few people go multi-element. Mono is king, save for a select few builds. Giving multi a hand was needed.

Mono will still be very viable, if not still preferred in some cases. I see little reason for an Earth Iop to grab fire or Air skills, and with the increase in spell exp, I can now have 4 of my spells at near max level, versus the two I have now. Same with my Earth Enutrof: I could really use all 5 skills, but I can only max two. With this change, I can get many more of them up to par and put some real use into the whole tree. It is also easier to gear and stat for one element than it is for two, even with the changes coming.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2009-01-19
posté July 20, 2013, 09:43:46 | #58
Umm... Nice, but, ankama will give us a chance to try new builds without give the whole live farming Scara horns/Blibli teeth/etc, or paying 3.000 ogrines? In Dofus, every global rebalancing means a Orbe to reset ur build, is there too?

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-07
posté July 20, 2013, 10:20:30 | #59
Mono element still has the advantage, just think about the gear options.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté July 20, 2013, 13:19:42 | #60
Lovely. At first i was afraid thatmono elements will get huge adventage over those who like versatility and tactical use of every branch spells, but seeing that you are actually nerfing the dmg received from spell levels make me happy - yes happy. Because it means that fights will be more of a challange, more interesting, and no more sky rocket damages from single element builds that stack all in Chance, STR, INT or AGI.

However i have mixed feelings about the change to those stats gain to be lowered... I just hope it will be well designed. Yes, i am putting my trust in you, ankama.

Still i hope you will care to look at the Explodoll passive of Sadida and do something with it's leveling progress as the 0.00x per level of Sadida is the worse game mechanic ever. Make it worth to level Explodoll at early game. Make it so that each level of Explodoll spell change the dmg/heal by 2 points (2.0) without the "* Sadida level" awkardness.