No flash

Wabbit Island
Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté August 09, 2013, 17:54:09 | #21

Quote (cyndiloo @ 09 August 2013 17:39) *

Quote (RyF @ 09 August 2013 09:51) *
Hello all !
Actually, "Wa" stands for "Roi", which means "King" in French
the "Ra" reference is a nice piece of thinking, but is sadly untrue.

The Wa title for Wabbits is "historically" inherited from Dofus MMO, Wakfu's "brother".

Have you noticed the difference between the spelling of the words "Empelol" and "Emiw"... What could this mean...?

Have a nice day !
Yeah i did notice that. The wabbits use w's for r's, but I believe the lenalds use l's for r's.

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 09 August 2013 14:34) *

Hello all !

The Wa title for Wabbits is "historically" inherited from Dofus MMO, Wakfu's "brother".

Have you noticed the difference between the spelling of the words "Empelol" and "Emiw"... What could this mean...?

Have a nice day !
I would have thought you would use another term such as Czaw, Waja, Caesew, or even Empewow to make it language friendly for the EN community . But at least you cleared it up for those who read your post

Lenalds (Renards, which means Foxes) use L's and Wabbits use W's for R's .
ahh you beat me to it, lol, I was just about to ask if lenald or renard was french for fox, lol.
Also, swapping out the R's for L's is meant to make fun of cultures with languages, such as those found in East Asia, that cannot tell the difference between L's and R's due to how closely the sounds are made in the mouth.

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - August 09, 2013, 17:55:37.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2010-08-21
posté August 09, 2013, 17:57:10 | #22

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 09 August 2013 17:54) *

Quote (cyndiloo @ 09 August 2013 17:39) *

Hello all !

Have a nice day !
Yeah i did notice that. The wabbits use w's for r's, but I believe the lenalds use l's for r's.

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 09 August 2013 14:34) *

Hello all !

Have a nice day !
I would have thought you would use another term such as Czaw, Waja, Caesew, or even Empewow to make it language friendly for the EN community . But at least you cleared it up for those who read your post

Lenalds (Renards, which means Foxes) use L's and Wabbits use W's for R's .
ahh you beat me to it, lol, I was just about to ask if lenald or renard was french for fox, lol.
Also, swapping out the R's for L's is meant to make fun of cultures with languages, such as those found in East Asia, that cannot tell the difference between L's and R's due to how closely the sounds are made in the mouth.
I'm sure there's a chicken flied lice joke in there somewhere, but I think someone said earlier the lenalds are from pandala so they probably are representative of asian culture.

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté August 09, 2013, 18:00:38 | #23
It was Hudski, and he got mixed up with the fact that Dofus later on used modified sprites of the Lenalds for the Firefouxes I believe. It does get confusing seeing similar sprites. Though yes, it is probable that Ankama will make fun of East Asians, especially when the boss is called the Emperor, which is a title most often associated with East Asia.

I have always wondered if Wabbit Island was meant to make fun of Imperialism of the 19th and 20th century, or even just Caucasian conquest in general from the 16th century onward. Before we found out that Wa meant Roi, I though Wa meant Ra to make fun of the explorers, such as Francisso Hernandez, who acted like a deity to infiltrate foreign lands.

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - August 09, 2013, 18:21:29.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2005-10-18
posté August 10, 2013, 19:02:41 | #24
I was always under the impression that the fouxes in pandala are recent relations to the lenalds on wabbit land. I seem to remember a piece of dialogue suggesting that, but I could just be confused (especially given the sprite re-using). Either way, they were definitely on wabbit land first, since wabbit land already existed when dofus came out of beta, while pandala wasn't added until a month or two after (maybe three?).

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2010-02-02
posté August 13, 2013, 16:47:16 | #25
It would be cool to see as well moon island, dregon island and pandala island