Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Letter to the Community - September 2013
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-07-02
posté September 03, 2013, 20:48:17 | #21
Awe Azeal, ^____^ Thank you for the update. It feels good to know that you guys are reading our feedback and working on fixing these issues. People may ask how long, but that is another question. In my opinion, do things right or don't do them at all. I think we will be ok if were patient for a reasonable amount of time until you guys do proper testing before deploying patches. Even if it takes a little longer; I still appreciate being heard and receiving GOOD things instead of broken things.

I think opening up a beta server is a -great idea- Testing things out before implementing them on the mass community will work wonders for customer satisfaction. Many people have agreed that in the past few months the team has implemented many new updates, quite quickly too. I believe we can attribute many of the bugs to the team being rushed. The class revamps are another issue but I won't ruin my good note, thinking about all the shelved lvl 100+ characters I have right now.

I don't know how I feel about implementing anti-plving antics. I think that there are plenty of people like myself that have several lvl 100, currently lvl 120+ toons and sometimes when we want to add another class to our team just to try them out. But we shouldn’t be forced to re-do content because that’s just not fun at all. I think the guys in the spanish server team had a video on youtube (videos are super neat +1 to troyle’s twitch idea) a few weeks ago about implementing a system which allowed you to try out a class at the level of your current class without having to plvl etc based on the level of other classes on your account. This is a great idea, instead of stifling the growth of players that are already level 120+

I think that mid levels are missing content and because of this lack of content / gear / resources / quests (like chillberg and wabbits) there fore mid levels prefer to plvl. Not to mention that the mass of the community is already past level 115 and the mid level player base is quite small; almost none existent.

Instead of implementing anti plvling antics I would like to suggest that ankama should lighten the load on low level players. Take my my journey and an example and please consider this.

As a level 10 I remember farming gobballs and tofus for their gear because it was the first mob known to me. Then I recall running the dungeon on my little toons for their boss drops. This was a very frustrating time because I did not know anyone when I came back to wakfu and all of my beta friends were long gone. But at the same time it was neat because I decided to explore the content from the beginning and play solo for a bit. Of course, now and then I would join randoms in groups and do level appropriate content whenever they came along. However, every time i farmed a dungeon for a set, I would -out level- that set before I dropped the entire set.

Now that is just absurd. How and why should low levels -out level their sets- before dropping them. This is why people often write -not complain- about the perils of this game for it is too grindy. I am not the only player who has experienced this for I have plenty of guildies/friends who go through this too. I would suggest that as a test you try to grind a level 10 set and tell me if you don’t out level it before dropping the peices.

So then where does this leave you? What is the point of grinding low level gear? there is no point... Hence, why players go for their level 80 set while they are level 30. By the time they get that level 80 set.. they -will- be level 80.

It is just the cruel reality of the game. People out level sets before they obtain them, so no one grinds/uses these sets, which therefore puts the low level gear “market” at a standstill (or it becomes non existent like it is now for level 80 and below), which then has a negative impact on the in game economy, and last but not least people work to obtain their “end game set” and plvl to obtain it. This also stifles the growth of the company because many new players join and then quit because the game is too grindy and not fun. So one could say that the main issue of the game is correlated to the low drop rates in proportion to the leveling curve. Which is probably why we see a lot of people state on the forums that the drop rates are too low as well.

So now Wakfu devs can make a decision.
- Decrease the leveling curve to make levels harder to obtain whilst increasing the grind
- Increase the drop rates to balance out the leveling curve.

I would think wisely about my already unhappy player base and quitting players who state “the game is too grindy” Maybe reach a halfway point with us. Increase the drop rates for low level gear so that new players can obtain the gear they need to enjoy low level content and reducing the drop rates as we reach the “proposed end game”

All games become more difficult as we level. But from the beginning? well that is just absurd.

I would rethink the idea of increasing low level exp rates because this only further encourages us to plvl and most important feed the disconnect between acquiring level appropriate gear vs acquiring levels.

Let people acquire the gear they need to enjoy the mid level content. Also, give them more content to play.

I would suggest to Ankama to relinquish the idea of trying to remove plvling for your existing player base. Not because it is a commodity; like you seem to think the global respecs are but because, it is simply what is appropriate. We GRIND everything else, give us a break on one or two things. Sheesh, trust me we will be happier!

I’ll just put this in there though because you guys always forget about how bad the sadida revamp was. The passives for the class really have to be reevaluated. I hate how sadidas get overshadowed by enis; yes we all know people play enis more. But we would appreciate a review of doll costs/passives too. (not saying we need a complete revamp either; as I've stated before the branches are alright but the passives are lacking a lot)

All classes are involved in pvp, support classes should have in mechanics and tactics what dpt classes have in damage so that we too can survive in this game. What is the point of having a support class amongst summoner osas with -crazy damage- and summon debuffs, or dragon osas giving -everyone- in a team back stab, or xelors -ap robbing- mobs useless whilst giving the team ap -ap that doesn't fix ally position with a glyph-, or with rogues pulling off 20ap of damage while debuffing 100%. WHERE DO THE REST OF THE SUPPORT CLASSES FIT IN? those with shit poison damage, shit debuffs, shit heals, retarded summons with no resists, hp, or damages etc... Where do we go? What happens to us? Its always laughable when I have a level 113 sadida in a group of level 100's plus and my doll WHICH COST ME an ENTIRE TURN TO CAST comes out of left field and does 80 damage among high rollers that are doing 800 dmg +

Lets be a bit more realistic when we revamp. Oh and stop putting the vine swinging sadida on the cover of everything, God knows you hate the sadida community thats just hypocritical. -___- We saw the previous patch with the nerfs grou did to earth -AGAIN- Oh an the retarded sadida on the cover is falling off the vine. Grou did such a retarded revamp that the sadida can't even swing on the vine anymore. THERE more symbolism of your sadida hate.

This post has been edited by aquabeauty - September 04, 2013, 01:47:49.
Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté September 03, 2013, 21:14:35 | #22
This is a very nice change of pace, thank you very much for keeping us informed! I hope this continues far into the future.  

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-10-28
posté September 03, 2013, 21:38:03 | #23

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-18
posté September 03, 2013, 22:02:02 | #24
Azael is a good leader and I'm glad he shows up here to let us know that they listened to our feedback. If it wasn't for Azael I really don't know where wakfu/ankama would be.....

But I just want to ask, if classes are the priority then why will you only listen to revamps about xelor and eni? What happened with listening to feedback about sadidas?

You dedicated so much time to fixing fire rogues, you dedicated a lot of time to changing enutrofs. Why not look into the sadida forum at the French forum and here and listen to sadida players?

You just gave osas jelly summons that can do everything any class can do and all that better.

If you're serious about classes being the priority in wakfu then you ask grou to modify (not revamp) sadidas and their costs.

Totem costs too much for 40% of hp
Dolls cost too much (they're meant to be easy to kill and easy to resummon) so why is the cost higher than an osa summon pet that only costs 3AP?

I'll believe that classes are important when you actually listen to what sadida players had to say about the revamp.

I have tested this class since February 2011 and I really feel that you should ask grou to read what the French community said about the sadida revamp. I've read a lot of it and it's the same thing most of all say here too.

Like aqua said, it's nice that you use images of sadidas everywhere and yet you never listen to the few that play the class. 

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-01-12
posté September 03, 2013, 22:30:39 | #25
Finally... they're going to fix the levelling system! I'm tired of leeching off of high levels or grinding solo!

The Sinister Six * Member Since 2012-01-04
posté September 03, 2013, 23:35:15 | #26
Eradictor Program Part 2 when

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-06-13
posté September 04, 2013, 00:12:51 | #27
finally a beta server, wait, arent we on beta already?

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté September 04, 2013, 00:20:30 | #28
♫ its just a jump to the left, and a step in the right direction! ♫

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-01-11
posté September 04, 2013, 01:36:41 | #29
Players: "We are unhappy with the lacklusture power of Wabbit items, could you please make them more powerful?"

Ankama: "No worries mate, here ya go, we just nerfed everything else. Now Wabbit items are more powerful. You're welcome! "

Does anyone here doubt that "We will have a look and reevaluate all items level 65 and higher to ensure the progression of all equipment." Means older gear will be getting nerfed? We aren't fools Azael, and we've watched you progressively ramp up the difficulty. When did that start happening eh? Oh that's right, as soon as you upped the cap to 105 and everyone got it in a day. You wanted your subscribers to stick around and stop whining about wanting more content so you started by artificially inflating the difficulty of all new content, and now you're going to go back and make everything else more difficult to? Goddamn, you are fast becoming the timesinkiest game on the planet.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2006-04-28
posté September 04, 2013, 01:50:13 | #30
Who is complaining about the gear on Wabbit Island? I have heard no complaints.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-12-26
posté September 04, 2013, 02:03:18 | #31
Wabbit island items are not so bad, they just need some bonuses for set parts, that's all... Not Ap, Mp, but just like you did with Hagen, Polar or Necro set e.g... Most people will use full sets anyway, but nerfing old items instead improving new ones isn't good idea...

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-09-14
posté September 04, 2013, 02:04:06 | #32
nerfing powerleveling?
*exp reevaluation*
either this is very good or we have reason to run for the hills VERY fast.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté September 04, 2013, 02:05:26 | #33

Quote (Goblin-Cleaver @ 04 September 2013 01:50) *
I'm wondering the same thing lmao i've done nothing but praise the new gear they finally made gear for my build

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-28
posté September 04, 2013, 02:33:08 | #34
They said the XP curve for lower levels will be changed so that people can level up faster.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2010-08-21
posté September 04, 2013, 02:37:44 | #35

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 04 September 2013 02:05) *

I'm wondering the same thing lmao i've done nothing but praise the new gear they finally made gear for my build
I'm personally quite happy with it too and am planning builds around some of it, there are some holes granted where you can't get the right gear for certain slots of certain element combinations on some classes or its geared to a summoner or pp character or healer when you're not or vice versa, but overall I am pretty content. Maybe the complaints are that there are no single element gear sets for those who don't want to play dual element. . . I assumed they just figured that all sets for the same budget would have 2 elements now and if you didn't invest in 2 you'd have more spells and mastery in a mono element and could just disregard the other element being on the gear. I say leave the sets you already put in and put more sets out there on challenge mobs or let bosses drop 2 sets or families drop 2 sets if you need more mono element gear. Please don't change the pieces elements or function right after we have collected them!

Of course you can also make wilds level 120 to 140 and add more sets there. . .You also can add crafted sets from the drops from all the different families of wabbits. Even if you're not ready to revamp crafting, you offered very little in the way of craftable gear considering the vast amount of non craftable gear on the island.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - September 04, 2013, 02:42:35.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-05-21
posté September 04, 2013, 04:55:47 | #36
Honestly the Level Curve all need be reduced to fact there max due to power leveling

Nerf EXP Curve than Rebalance it

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté September 04, 2013, 05:37:40 | #37

Quote (cyndiloo @ 04 September 2013 02:37) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 04 September 2013 02:05) *

I'm personally quite happy with it too and am planning builds around some of it, there are some holes granted where you can't get the right gear for certain slots of certain element combinations on some classes or its geared to a summoner or pp character or healer when you're not or vice versa, but overall I am pretty content. Maybe the complaints are that there are no single element gear sets for those who don't want to play dual element. . . I assumed they just figured that all sets for the same budget would have 2 elements now and if you didn't invest in 2 you'd have more spells and mastery in a mono element and could just disregard the other element being on the gear. I say leave the sets you already put in and put more sets out there on challenge mobs or let bosses drop 2 sets or families drop 2 sets if you need more mono element gear. Please don't change the pieces elements or function right after we have collected them!

Of course you can also make wilds level 120 to 140 and add more sets there. . .You also can add crafted sets from the drops from all the different families of wabbits. Even if you're not ready to revamp crafting, you offered very little in the way of craftable gear considering the vast amount of non craftable gear on the island.
I feel like (again) people are putting to much thought into the whole "wasted stats" thing. They said in this post actually that with the new wabbit island gear they have been using a new creation kit for the gear. They are no longer using the old formula of being restricted to a specific number of stats for an item anymore at least it doesn't seem that way.

But with the removal of set bonuses they really need to buff this new gear a bit to make up for it. Black wabbit boots should be better than black crow boots. But they aren't and black crow having a set bonus only makes it worse.

I understand they want to remove set bonuses all together but if you are going to do that you need to have the stats to back it up

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-04-08
posté September 04, 2013, 07:49:25 | #38

none of the wabbit island gear fits my main char, so im just lvling from quests. ill aim to get wa hat and boots and zombi dungeon epps... maybe the magical cawwot "set" for the defense ... (29% general defense bp and 7 block + other things )
but overall... meeeh items, more xelor stuff, thats all.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-12-31
posté September 04, 2013, 08:13:27 | #39
I dislike only the expiring Ogrines, and while checking the recent forum posts, I am not the only who has the same opinion Not very customer friendly at all...

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2010-09-06
posté September 04, 2013, 09:07:28 | #40
Good news

About the new sets I'm complaining the lack of trielemental items, all trielemental char are still using the vampyro set which is 30 level lower than my char wearing it, I think it's quite a handicap for trielementals