Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Letter to the Community - September 2013
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2008-06-02
posté September 04, 2013, 12:33:03 | #41
Imo, Wabbit Island items are very well placed. Too bad most of people just want to be overpowered and gather items that will turn them into one-hit-kill machines-of-hell-fire. Thanks Grou he don't let it go so easy, and never launch OP items. Yes, some items MIGHT look OP, but think again, it's a lvl 150+ item (taking as example the Wo Wabbit Crow). If you do the math (and I did a lot of it) the items ARE balanced... please community, do not try to break the balance into OP equipments of doom...

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-04-24
posté September 04, 2013, 12:51:14 | #42
What this about restats involving the almanax? Don't do that, either way it's not going to work out well.

Maybe add more ways to reset, for example do it by level, each dungeon is worth points equal to its recommended level and you have gain x amount of points multiplied by your characters level to gain a reset.

This prevents people from finding themselves in a position in which they can't reset because they can't solo vamp, but keeps the reset productive for the player.

I think that sounds fair!

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-01-30
posté September 04, 2013, 13:39:23 | #43
About smithmagic ... Well the previous runes was pretty fine - you want INt - u put int rune on it .. The randomness atm is a gambling which benefits only the really really rich players!

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-09-13
posté September 04, 2013, 14:14:28 | #44
My sister can't get flowers and seeds in Amakna, in other nations she can. How it's possible?

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-04-09
posté September 04, 2013, 15:20:42 | #45

Quote (ZioWilli @ 04 September 2013 09:07) *
Good news

About the new sets I'm complaining the lack of trielemental items, all trielemental char are still using the vampyro set which is 30 level lower than my char wearing it, I think it's quite a handicap for trielementals
^ this +1

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté September 04, 2013, 15:30:52 | #46

Quote (Azael @ 03 September 2013 17:03) *

ClassesIt’s a fact that the Eniripsa revamp didn’t go as well as the Xelor’s. We want to improve the way we work on classes in order to limit the issues upon release, while still communicating with you. Classes will remain a priority, and we hope that the next update will see many bugs fixed, allowing a healthier basis for class revamps.
It's nice that you have noticed this. So we can assume you will make another eniripsa revamp right? Also what about Ecaflip and Sadida who were "revamped" early? I understand that these 2 classes (Sadi and Eni) were revamped only to give alternative healers to the game, but they didn't went well as players expected them to be. The loss of Sadida's ability to make dolls receive part of the damage from Sadida was a huge change to the Sadida gameplay, and to be honest: a big nerf to the class itself, wich does not have any protection from damage now when it play with dolls (Sram's, Sacriers, Masqueraiders, and bascally anyone who can teleport or swap place is now serious issue for Sadida who lack of protection from dolls). Water branch of Ecaflip is also underpowered comparing to earth and fire, but i think it's the fire and earth that are just too powerful. Some numbers need to be revaluated and some specialities need to be changed. For example when players wanted to have ability to get dmg % bonus even without dolls, nobody expected to have that bonus working only without dolls (we expected passive such as Initiator of Rogue, something that work with and without bombs for rogue).

Therefore i have one question: Will you ever again revamp Sadida and Ecaflip?

p.s. Before the revamp of Sadida there was synergy between specialities:
Doll Link +Green Guard = Sadida receive damage, dolls make it receive less dmg and trigger Nettle state on dolls
Doll Link +Explodoll = Dolls taking dmg for Sadida eventually die dealing damage to the surroundings
Still Life + Doll Link + Explodoll = Sadida after receiving less dmg thanks to doll link and making dolls explode as doll's "final memento", was reincarnated in the form of ultrapowerful doll to continue the fight.

The concept of Sadida was to tank the dmg with the support of dolls. Sadida had higher survivalability and could have replace the Sacrier or Feca in team but since Sadida have less HP and less resistances then the other, it was more likely for Sadida to get hit by monsters (thx to doll link it was reduced dmg and it was perfect tank).

Please revamp Sadida again, i started playing it because it could tank for allies, though only with dolls present.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2006-06-20
posté September 04, 2013, 15:58:33 | #47
It's good to see that the problems with the main features of the game will be addressed.

If you are going to limit the powerleveling in-game, you should offer solo players more opportunities to level up.

First of all, get rid of the "XP" penalty when fighting monsters which are higher level than your character.
For example, I am able to kill 1-3 zwombbits with my Fire Rogue solo; however, I get 1XP for killing 3 or more of them. It is a very stupid idea to limit "XP" gained from killing too many high level monsters. Players should be rewarded for their efforts. If you are able to kill them, you should be able to get full XP.

If you are not going to get rid of the "XP" penalty, it will be a good idea to revamp "Trapper Profession" mechanics. It would be awesome if we could choose how many monsters we want to spawn. We could choose a number upon planting a seed, e.g 1 ~ 6. This would help solo players a lot.

Now, PROSPECTING LOCK... Another very bad feature of the game. It forces every player to make an Enutrof on 2nd account. Those who don't, will be forever poor.
I would suggest removing the prospecting lock on every item, and making the prospecting stat only increasing % drop rate for each character.

This post has been edited by Butterflyx - September 04, 2013, 16:00:29.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté September 04, 2013, 16:19:52 | #48
Prospecting locks are a bad idea but not for the reasons players have mentioned. PP locks are in place to encourage grouping. If you want to drop a new relic you need a large group wearing some PP gear. Does it encourage group play, yes. Does it hurt solo players, yes. Why not use a system that encourages grouping and doesn't piss off so many players instead???

Players that can't find groups physically can not drop these items, ever. This is wrong imo. If their play time or schedule limits them to solo play they should be allowed to drop all items from a mobs loot table. They already kill mobs slower and need to rest longer.

This mentality with PP locks is similar to the exp nerf when fighting monsters higher level than your own.

Promote group play in other ways. Simply increase the exp a group gains and the chance to drop loot. DO NOT stop players from dropping items or gaining exp all together.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté September 04, 2013, 17:39:51 | #49
How about instead of PP Locks (going off of what Gynrei said), so that anyone can drop something but still encourages group play is:

- Everyone has a chance of dropping an item including Mythical/Legendary/Relic Items even if solo, but at a low drop rate.
- When in a party, the larger the party, the higher the drop rate.

This would allow even solo players who cannot find groups or are just anti-social, drop items. While still encouraging people to form groups to help increase the drop rate of items.

Of course this was just a quick thought of mine.

- Kat

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté September 04, 2013, 17:54:30 | #50
That would be the logical thing to do.

What always surprises me is that you actually water down the drop rate if you go to normal fights in a completely mixed party.

As long as he breaks the PP locks a solo Enu actually has better drop chances for an item than a party of 6 with 5 random people and that same Enu.

That logic seems kind of backwards to me.

Maybe one should make all pp rolls like the boss rolls work?

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - September 04, 2013, 17:55:06.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté September 04, 2013, 18:01:38 | #51
that I agree with, if you want to encourage group play make all fights like boss fights, let everyone have a chance to roll on anything that drops until no one wins it. With the ridiculously low drop rates on many items out there this will change very little but if the enu loses others have a chance and if others get assigned the item the enu might win it if they don't, doesn't hurt anyone that way.

Also I think 800 is a bad number if you are doing pp locks. In dofus you can have parties of 8 and 800 makes sense. In wakfu you can only have a party of 6, so 600 makes more sense.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté September 04, 2013, 18:10:49 | #52

Quote (cyndiloo @ 04 September 2013 18:01) *
that I agree with, if you want to encourage group play make all fights like boss fights, let everyone have a chance to roll on anything that drops until no one wins it. With the ridiculously low drop rates on many items out there this will change very little but if the enu loses others have a chance and if others get assigned the item the enu might win it if they don't, doesn't hurt anyone that way.

Also I think 800 is a bad number if you are doing pp locks. In dofus you can have parties of 8 and 800 makes sense. In wakfu you can only have a party of 6, so 600 makes more sense.
YES!!! this is the answer that ive been telling people would solve alot of the drop issues. you dont even need to change rates or remove pp locks. just make items not be lost forever if failed to roll and move on to the next person. This is not an unreasonable thing to ask since its how bosses work so we can say you have the system in place. Im so happy that people are finally coming to agree or think this is a good method to solve drop issues. I mean i personally believe this would solve it.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-04
posté September 04, 2013, 20:16:58 | #53
^ I do agree as well.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-10-30
posté September 04, 2013, 22:35:01 | #54
I'd like to congratulate Ankama for the idea. I really appreciate the efforts to increase the contact between the community and the developers. Keep up the good work.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-03-06
posté September 04, 2013, 22:53:22 | #55
Umm your forgetting one thing. THERE IS NO PLAYER BASE ON NOX ITS DEAD!!! People are still going to power lvl cause the lowbie zones are empty! The only people starting new accounts are people that have a high lvl and are multi-boxing. So yeah they are gonna PL thier alts. There is no sign of a stream of new players. here's an idea give me a way to change servers and keep my lvl and what my toon has in his pockets. Or here's a better one merge!

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté September 05, 2013, 00:20:58 | #56
And I thought that a small player base community would be nicer to the DEV's, its funny how its the same story over and over.

=> Buff a class -> Players that don't play it QQ on the forums
=> Nerf one -> The ones who play the class complain

Very few people realize that imbalance is part of every MMO, even the old titles like WoW have them. I suggest you all watch this video before complaining:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31OSVZF77w]Click here

I know there is a lot of room for improvement in Wakfu, an my particular opinion are:

- Work on the F2P model, this "demo" aspect really don't attract any of my friends to try the game.
- Remove or reduce the PP lock as mentioned before on Butterfly post.
- Implement a group PvP system (aka BGs) or GvG, it really helps to figure out whats is broken and what is good imbalance.

Also its a relief you are slowing down the end game content, it will take a while to have a decent player base on current max level to really test out the possible combination and gear option.

Have fun everyone and thank you Ankama for sharing your thoughts

Mirajane Strauss

This post has been edited by IvanSouza - September 05, 2013, 01:37:44.
Reason for edit : Another Sugestion (PvP)
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-02-25
posté September 05, 2013, 02:03:06 | #57
you know glad you realize your mistakes but so over grou and how poorly you listen to your players i will believe it when i see it. seriously for grou or who ever make these pics poor classes mechanic changes. also start farming out your costumer service. ticket time should be hours HOURS not days and weeks. There is no excuse for bad costumer service. Please get this game out of a beta state. it's embarrassing you are charging a subscription with this many bugs let's be honest.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté September 05, 2013, 03:40:58 | #58

Quote (IvanSouza @ 05 September 2013 00:20) *

- Work on the F2P model, this "demo" aspect really don't attract any of my friends to try the game.
- Remove or reduce the PP lock as mentioned before on Butterfly post.
- Implement a group PvP system (aka BGs) or GvG, it really helps to figure out whats is broken and what is good imbalance.

these are both things that are presently being worked on.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-22
posté September 05, 2013, 06:59:55 | #59
I keep checking back on this game from time to time. It seems my voice as an early supporter was never heard. I brought up very glaring issues one of which I think is the worst problem this game has... the idea to go to level 200.

IMO levels do the following to damage an MMORPG:
-alienates new players
-forces a need of a ton of "end game" content
-makes older areas ghost towns
-makes the game cater to people of max level rather than everyone as a whole
-makes old gear worthless
-makes gear of same level useless once new content is pushed out
-imbalance of a pvp
-how do you balance classes when you keep raising levels

To be honest this game would have been perfect if there were only 50 levels or less and all those 50 levels were full of gear items and a wide variety of content. The game attracted me because of the community based interactions... mostly you cannot have until max level.

Another thing that can help is maybe making this game F2P with more paid benefits... this game needs playerbase to thrive.

Please someone tell me I am wrong about this... I really hope I will find a way to try this game again... it has brilliant concepts just bad execution and direction.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2006-06-20
posté September 05, 2013, 12:45:17 | #60

Quote (BennyDP @ 05 September 2013 06:59) *
I keep checking back on this game from time to time. It seems my voice as an early supporter was never heard. I brought up very glaring issues one of which I think is the worst problem this game has... the idea to go to level 200.

IMO levels do the following to damage an MMORPG:
-alienates new players
-forces a need of a ton of "end game" content
-makes older areas ghost towns
-makes the game cater to people of max level rather than everyone as a whole
-makes old gear worthless
-makes gear of same level useless once new content is pushed out
-imbalance of a pvp
-how do you balance classes when you keep raising levels

To be honest this game would have been perfect if there were only 50 levels or less and all those 50 levels were full of gear items and a wide variety of content. The game attracted me because of the community based interactions... mostly you cannot have until max level.

Another thing that can help is maybe making this game F2P with more paid benefits... this game needs playerbase to thrive.

Please someone tell me I am wrong about this... I really hope I will find a way to try this game again... it has brilliant concepts just bad execution and direction.

In most MMOs there are level cap extensions; and updates with new, better equipment. To make this work, in a way you want it to work; having 84724878478478 of viable, balanced items to use; Ankama would need to make every item level 0 and let it level up with you all the way to level 200. This way, potentially, every single item in the game would have a purpose and use. That would be definitely something fresh and new in the MMO genre, but would it really work?