Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Letter to the Community - September 2013
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-10-04
posté September 05, 2013, 13:04:28 | #61
First of all: thank you Azael for finally showing that people are wrong who say Ankama doesn't care about feedback at all. I'm also happy that some main problems now are focused. I just beg players who read "We will have a look and reevaluate all items level 65 and higher to ensure the progression of all equipment." as "We'll all lowlevel equipment so that our new items are the strongest" are proven wrong.
Newly introduced equipment that doesn't have any set bonus should compensate for that with better stats. Capes without AP, breastplates without MP, equipment that has special resists instead of all resist should compensate that lack with other advantages. At first i thought you write about the Bilbyza items (of which i think that many of them are quite bad) - i also find it hard to imagine people were criticising the Wabbit island items. They made me stay hybrid instead of dumping my build, cause they finally introduced good water-fire-items.

The only bad thing about this letter is, that one main problem of wakfu isn't mentioned. The whole PP issue of which is spoken under every news post here: It's insane that, as an Enutrof, i have to fight non-bosses with as few party members as possible, cause it raises my chances to drop equipment.
For a long time i thought the best way to tackle this would be to raise the drop rates. But some posts ago another solution was shown: Equipment-drops from normal mobs should use the same mechanics as mat-drops and all boss-drops do. And the maximum PP-lock should be 600 instead of 800, since wakfu parties can only consist of 6 players and not of 8, as in Dofus.

Also, the reintroduction of tokens is something Ankama should consider. Time feels so wasted if you spend 5 hours in a dungeon and don't get the loot. With tokens people could at least see a little advantage.

The whole thing is especially hard at small servers like Amara. There are many thing nobody will ever sell. So you have to drop the stuff on your own. And if you don't have enough accounts to do the dungeons solo, you gotta have some very patient friends, who ignore their own goals to keep accompanying you on hour-taking dropless dungeonruns. At first there is fun but that fun fades if you don't get a tiny bit closer to your goal (as with tokens). And in the end, some subscriptions will end.

PS: Pls merge Amara with Remington ._. - the german community doesn't even get this letter translated (but all the stupid korzmaster-tournament-news). Translating all the content while doing 0 merchandising is just wasted money. The server is getting more and more empty and the people start playing other games. If Ankama really is interested in german players money then please, transfer our characters to Remington before everyone plays Final Fantasy XIV und Guild Wars II.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2006-06-20
posté September 05, 2013, 14:59:46 | #62
Yes, reintroduction of "Bronze Tokens" would be helpful. There could be machines with every single item in the game available to buy with bronze tokens; but the rarer and higher level the item, the more bronze tokens an item costs. Also the higher the level of a dungeon, the more bronze token players receive. E.g Piwi Dungeon would award players with 1 Bronze Token while Ambassador's Wing Dungeon with 250 Bronze Tokens. Now, a piece of a blue piwi set would cost 1 Bronze Token, while e.g Necroforged Boots 5000 Bronze Tokens.
This would also solve a problem with low level items. Most players Powerlevel through game content, discarding the low level content and items in that content; thus, players who actually level up in a normal way can't buy those low level items for their character, they have to grind for them. With bronze tokens, higher level players could buy any low level item and sell it on the market so low level characters can buy it.

That would be an awesome system; it would also give equal chances to obtain any item in the game by any player.

* Don't take the numbers seriously, they are just an example.

This post has been edited by Butterflyx - September 05, 2013, 15:04:45.
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-14
posté September 05, 2013, 17:40:30 | #63

Quote (Butterflyx @ 05 September 2013 12:45) *

Quote (BennyDP @ 05 September 2013 06:59) *
I keep checking back on this game from time to time. It seems my voice as an early supporter was never heard. I brought up very glaring issues one of which I think is the worst problem this game has... the idea to go to level 200.

IMO levels do the following to damage an MMORPG:
-alienates new players
-forces a need of a ton of "end game" content
-makes older areas ghost towns
-makes the game cater to people of max level rather than everyone as a whole
-makes old gear worthless
-makes gear of same level useless once new content is pushed out
-imbalance of a pvp
-how do you balance classes when you keep raising levels

To be honest this game would have been perfect if there were only 50 levels or less and all those 50 levels were full of gear items and a wide variety of content. The game attracted me because of the community based interactions... mostly you cannot have until max level.

Another thing that can help is maybe making this game F2P with more paid benefits... this game needs playerbase to thrive.

Please someone tell me I am wrong about this... I really hope I will find a way to try this game again... it has brilliant concepts just bad execution and direction.

In most MMOs there are level cap extensions; and updates with new, better equipment. To make this work, in a way you want it to work; having 84724878478478 of viable, balanced items to use; Ankama would need to make every item level 0 and let it level up with you all the way to level 200. This way, potentially, every single item in the game would have a purpose and use. That would be definitely something fresh and new in the MMO genre, but would it really work?
The most fun I had in the game was the community interactions when bad government takes office and the people of the nation try to uproot them. The PVP on the fly also was a great experience. What was bad was the fact that some people were level 100+ and others were 50s. Also there were great gear gaps... I recalled having no gear past level 70ish at the time.. why raise levels so aggressively when there is so much empty gear space? Albeit I think the only easy way is maybe to set point systems on gear and allocating differing stats and abilities on them. To be honest itemization is a major importance in MMOs. Why do you think Diablo 2 Expansion, Ragnarok Online, and Final Fantasy XI were able to sustain over a decade? Whereas games that just use the easy route "WOW" formula and cheapshot gear like what SWTOR, RO2, TSW and many other games do.

The only other important thing is being able to play with friends... When I was max level in this game, 5 of my other friends were struggling at level 60s trying to catchup. Ultimately you can guess what happened shortly after. What is an MMO where you cannot enjoy playing with your friends at all times without making an alt? Someone has to figure out this formula of horizontal scaling vs vertical scaling like every other mmo is doing due to having a hard on for Blizzard's WOW success. Wakfu has something most MMOs do not, which is renewable and sustainable endgame via, PVP, Outlaw, Government, Eco-terrorism, and Housing. Just imagine how fun the game would be if there were more playerbase + people at max level. Other games have to constantly spit out end game dungeons/content/carrot on a stick... this game has the community to make the most of itself.

I only wish for the success of this game, as it took great risks in the concept. The only other MMO out there that can hold a candle to this game's end game fun is maybe EVE online. I truly hope the devs read this and take it in at least a little.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté September 06, 2013, 01:12:35 | #64

Quote (BennyDP @ 05 September 2013 17:40) *
The only other important thing is being able to play with friends... When I was max level in this game, 5 of my other friends were struggling at level 60s trying to catchup. Ultimately you can guess what happened shortly after. What is an MMO where you cannot enjoy playing with your friends at all times without making an alt? Someone has to figure out this formula of horizontal scaling vs vertical scaling like every other mmo is doing due to having a hard on for Blizzard's WOW success. Wakfu has something most MMOs do not, which is renewable and sustainable endgame via, PVP, Outlaw, Government, Eco-terrorism, and Housing. Just imagine how fun the game would be if there were more playerbase + people at max level. Other games have to constantly spit out end game dungeons/content/carrot on a stick... this game has the community to make the most of itself.

I only wish for the success of this game, as it took great risks in the concept. The only other MMO out there that can hold a candle to this game's end game fun is maybe EVE online. I truly hope the devs read this and take it in at least a little.

Agreed. More people to play with is more fun. Wakfu has lot of content already. At the rate the devs can create new content the game should be incredible at level cap. I don't know any other MMO that has added so much in such a short amount of time.

Ankama's problem is retaining players and population growth. It isn't doing either here on Nox. I'm not going to repeat why. It's not because of a lack of content imo. The only content that's lacking is PvP.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté September 06, 2013, 01:42:13 | #65
I agree playing with friends is nice and i'm getting really tired of this whole "have a team of 6 alts or you dont get to play" nonsense that ankama has adopted recently. I left nox because of it and it's just sad seeing my favorite game turn into this.

posté September 06, 2013, 11:22:20 | #66
Is PVP still bad in the sense that outlaws get nothing while guards get bonuses against outlaws? Also are punishments for griefing still only -10 cp? Last time I played was when they decided to raise the level cap past 100, when not even 50% of the playerbase was that level. Raising cap, rebalancing classes, and not filling gear between levels 60-100 were all reasons I quit. If those were addressed my eyes are open again for this game.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-02-09
posté September 06, 2013, 11:43:13 | #67
Hi Nice to hear that u finaly decide to do somthing but :
1 Pls Make it finaly possibel for the Amara players tho transver there Account with Caracters and Everthing. U loose good paying customers by forcing us tho play on a dying server !
2 Its Nice that u plan tho reevaluate the items but i hope ur doing that by making the wabit items more useful and not by destroying the existing sets just tho make the new ones look better!

U proved enough poor jujment in balancing as it is (Like nerving the Xelor teleport or the Eni)
Try not the forget that we the players are ur paying custumers and that making us happy should be first in line^^
I played many games and ill be glad tho offer advise just ask.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-16
posté September 06, 2013, 14:15:00 | #68
@BennyDP:
Outlaws are, like the name suggest,s not bound by the law, don't you consider this a bonus? They also plan to add content for Outlaws (Click here). The punishments through the laws are partly percentual now, but parasites and eco-terrorists still aren't covered properly. They added a lot of content for the range between 60 and 100. Most classes have been revamped, where a lot of people tend to fokus and whine about the changes they don't like - like always. Current example: Enis lost the unlimited use of their nLoS-Heal. Looking at the discussions you can easily guess who's also playing other healing classes and who's not.

@LingBreit77:
The perspective of a player and that of a developer differ greatly. Having played a lot of games just gives you more insight into one of them.

@topic:
Nice to see you'll also rethink the smithmagic system, the only person i know who's trying to make use of the current version is Chrolo.*grins*

posté September 06, 2013, 18:12:59 | #69

Quote (Rimali @ 06 September 2013 14:15) *
@BennyDP:
Outlaws are, like the name suggest,s not bound by the law, don't you consider this a bonus? They also plan to add content for Outlaws (Click here). The punishments through the laws are partly percentual now, but parasites and eco-terrorists still aren't covered properly. They added a lot of content for the range between 60 and 100. Most classes have been revamped, where a lot of people tend to fokus and whine about the changes they don't like - like always. Current example: Enis lost the unlimited use of their nLoS-Heal. Looking at the discussions you can easily guess who's also playing other healing classes and who's not.

Thanks Rimali! This is exactly what I wanted to see. This was originally their plan for outlaws when I started this game over a year ago... sad it still hasn't been implemented, but it is good that it is fresh in their mind.

I am glad to hear the punishment is more than the mere -10 cp that it used to be... mainly because I had over 1000 cp and I could kill players like no tomorrow. Becoming an outlaw should have been an easy feat, but for me it was not.

I suggest that maybe they consider making pvp in the city an instant outlaw status, or make the head guard get the ability to name a player an outlaw due to other player's evidence of pvp etc.

This game truly has the most potential of all the current market MMORPGs minus the good old text based MUDs which don't need to worry about art.

I will keep my eye out for this outlaw/bounty etc system. Once this comes into play I may restart my sub... that or if they make it free to play so I can actually convince my friends to play again.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté September 06, 2013, 23:29:39 | #70

I only wish for the success of this game, as it took great risks in the concept. The only other MMO out there that can hold a candle to this game's end game fun is maybe EVE online

LOL

This game truly has the most potential of all the current market MMORPGs minus the good old text based MUDs which don't need to worry about art. Add Quote Here

ROFL

posté September 21, 2013, 09:22:20 | #71
Honestly, most of this is blah blah blah to me right now as it all sounds relatively fine in my books.... but my biggest concern is the stupidity of the smithmagic right now. Getting runes instead of powders was fun. Breaking gears to get the same level or so rune was interesting. Stacking powder upon powder upon powder upon powder... only to get a CHANCE of something good is BS, especially when you have to break an equal item to reslot if the rune sucks or is useless to you in some fashion. The CHANCE/RANDOMNESS behind it is way too sucky. The powders are a stupid idea (sorry.. but they are..) because there are 9374928734298347234 different kinds of them, and 92734928734928347 levels in each kind, and they take up all of the room in your inventory .... and it's just a stupid idea. And the breaking of the item to replace a rune, as I said, is stupid because I'm not going to break magmog gear or something like that just to reslot another CHANCE rune... and buying your hammers is just a money dump, and kind of rude honestly. A lot of people support the boutique anyway, the hammers (especially at that price) was a kick in the face.

Old rune system was better, even with the stupidly random chance of what rune you would get... still way better than these jerkish powders and the infinite randomness and breaking of other important gears such as UB items etc.

Rethinking this system is probably the most interesting thing in this entire list for me. It's nice to be able to break junk gears and get things to make higher level runes eventually ... however why not just have a rune combining system instead of fifty thousand powders? Or at least make the powders and runes able to be thrown into the damned resource bin in haven world if nothing else...

This system is, at the moment, about as useless as the current political system...