Discover now the proposed changes for this class and we are looking forward to read any feedback that you will share with us, so that we can send them to Grou!
Changes and Goals of the Revamp
- Stasis branch and Stasified state: Our goal here was to review the costs for better flexibility of use of the spells so that we can offer you real choices between spells, which was not possible with the old hit system. Thanks to more balanced resistances, the changes planned for the Motherfogger will allow a better viability of the Foggernaut against monsters. As for the Statisfied state, it will not change, but its application levels will be rebalanced as you will see further below. The damage bonus of Stasified will double if the monster has equal resists (bosses and UBs included). Also, we decided to lower the damages of the Stasis Branch to balance it with other elementary branched, since this branch will benefit from more "damage all" bonuses equipment with the Equipment Items revamp. Additionally, the Stasis Branch will now receive its own Mastery. Each Stasis spell will contribute to the Mastery just like any other Element, but the total bonus will be divided by 2. The other half of the Mastery will be calculated by the overall Mastery in the other Elements.
- Earth branch and Blockades: This branch has been revised in order to make the Foggernaut a real tank. With lots of support spells, we wanted to offer a serious alternative to the Sacrier class. To do so, we will make him able to take many punches, but also able to protect allies. Regarding the Earth spells, they will always summon a Blockade if used on an empty cell. However, from now on, the Blockades will have their HP based on the Earth Mastery of the Foggernaut (more or less depending on the spell used to summon it) and it will also have resistances. The Foggernaut will be able to return 70% of damage taken to the nearest Blockade. In case of destruction of the Blockade before the total absorption is met, the rest of the damage will be transferred to the next Blockade, and finally the Foggernaut. Also note that the Blockades will still block the line of sight. Also, in case of critical hit by the Foggernaut, the Blockades will have more HP.
- The Fire branch is Under Pressure and might even be Overheating: We removed the Brushfires that were not really useful in order to implement a mechanic based on alternating states to boost gameplay. The branch will strengthen its focus on long distance damage dealing with area of effect. In return, close combat will be more restricted, which will allow us to maintain a correct damage base, therefore, also making combat even more technical. The novelties of this small redesign of the Fire branch are the "Under Pressure" and "Overheating" states. Whenever a Foggernaut will cast a Fire spell, he will first become "Under Pressure", which will apply certain levels of "Overheating" starting at the beginning of the next turn. This condition will allow him to receive a bonus to its damage for 1 turn (1% per level of Overheating and up to 200% maximum), before reaching the "Cooling" state at the start of the next turn, which will give the Foggernaut a Fire damage penalty (-0.5% per level of Cooling and up to -100% maximum). These states will alternate every other turn. After testing, we slightly lowered the levels of Under Pressure applied (8 per AP instead of 10).
- Specialty Spells: They have been revised to provide you with more choices for each branch. Our goal was to avoid as much as possible that players find themselves forced to select certain specialty spells instead of having more freedom in their choice. In addition, the Foggernaut gameplay based on Rails will be made easier to use. We especially would like to improve this class aspect which currently is hard to use. New tools will therefore be made available to create and maintain the use of Motherfogger, Cybots, Rails, etc.. Overall, this should give the Foggernaut a real boost to his support abilities.
Heart of SteamIts damage will be
Cost: 5 AP | Range 1-4 in line | Area: No | LoS: Yes | Boostable: Yes | Conditions: None
Damage (lvl 1, lvl 100, lvl 200): 5 - 83 - 161 | Effects: Applies 20 levels of Stasified
Ray of StasisIts damage will be
Cost: 1 AP 1 MP | Range: 1-5 in line | Area: No | LoS: Yes | Boostable: Yes | Conditions: 2 per target
Damage: 2 - 31 - 60 | Effects: Applies 8 levels of Stasified
Stasis ShotIts range will be slightly decreased, but this spell will have no line of sight and Its damage will be
Cost: 3 AP | Range: 2-6 in line | Area: No | LoS: No | Boostable: Yes | Conditions: None
Damage: 3 - 44 - 85 | Effects: Applies 12 levels of Stasified
Stasis StrikeIt will lose its MP cost but its damage and levels of "Stasified" will be reduced accordingly. Also, it will no longer allow the Foggernaut to get closer by one cell and will not allow for double damage with the Cybot Relay. Finally, its condition "Must have a target" will disappear.
Cost: 4 AP | Range: 3-4 in line | Area: Cross | LoS: Yes | Boostable: Yes | Conditions: None
Damage: 4 - 58 - 112 | Effects: Applies 12 levels of Stasified
AynaloxideIts "Stasified" levels will be doubled.
Cost: 6 AP 1 WP | Range: 0 | Area: Circle 2 | LoS: No | Boostable: No | Conditions: None
Damage: 7 - 105 - 203 | Effects: Applies 12 levels of Stasified
Cost: 4 AP | Range: 1-4 | Area: Point | LoS: Yes | Boostable: No | Conditions: None
Damage: 4 - 56 - 108 | Effects: Applies Blockade if cast on an empty cell with 4-38-72 (modified by Earth mastery) HP and resists of the Foggernaut
Its range will be increased
Cost: 2 PM | Range: 1-3 | Area: Point | LoS: Yes | Boostable: No | Conditions: 1/turn
Damage: 2 - 35 - 68 | Effects: Applies Blockade if cast on an empty cellwith 2-24-46 (modified by Earth Mastery) HP and resists of the Foggernaut
Hammer TimeIts range will be increased and will now work on a straight line,
Cost: 5 AP | Range: 1-3 in line | Area: Point | LoS: No | Boostable: No | Conditions: No
Damage: 5 - 61 - 97 | Effects: Applies Blockade if cast on an empty cell with 5-46-87 (modified by Earth Mastery) HP and resists of the Foggernaut.
ShebangIts damage will be increased. This spell will still not be used to summon a Blockade.
Cost: 6 AP 1 WP | Range: 0 | Area: Circle 2 | LoS: Yes | Boostable: No | Conditions: None
Damage: 6 - 100 - 194 | Effects: None
BombardmentIts MP cost will be removed and its range increased. It will now be cast 2 times per turn (instead of 2 per target). Its damage will be decreased. Unlike now, if cast on an empty cell, the spell will summon a Blockade. Its HP will correspond at level (1-200) to 3 an up to 39 x coefficient of the Foggernaut Earth Mastery.
Cost: 3 AP | Range: 1-5 | Area: No | LoS: Yes | Boostable: No | Conditions: 2/turn
Damage: 2 - 23 - 44 | Effects: 50% chance to cast again after each attack / Applies Blockade if cast on an empty cell with 2-30-58 (modified by Earth Mastery) HP and resists of the Foggernaut.
FlambéIts costs and damages will be increased, as its range will also work on a straight line and be boostable without line of sight. If the Foggernaut is not Overheating when he casts this spell, he will gain +
Cost: 3 AP | Range: 2-3 in line | Area: 3 in line | LoS: No | Boostable: Yes | Conditions: None
Damage: 3 - 40 - 77 | Effects: If Foggernaut isn't Overheating: +1/24/48 levels of Under Pressure
Under Pressure: Applies 1/100/200 levels of Overheating at the beginning of the turn
Overheating: +1/+100/+200% fire damage for 1 turn and then applies Cooling for 1 turn (-0/-50/-100% fire damage)
Flame ThrowerIts range will be increased, as well as working on a straight line and boostable. Its damage will be increased. If the Foggernaut is not Overheating when he casts this spell, he will gain +
Cost: 6 AP | Range: 2-4 in line | Area: Triangle 3 | LoS: Yes | Boostable: Yes | Conditions: None
Damage: 6 - 74 - 142 | Effects: If Foggernaut isn't Overheating: +1/48/96 levels of Under Pressure
Blazing FireIts AP cost will be decreased and the cost of WP will be switched to MP. Its damage will be increased. In return, it will only rebound on 1 single target instead of 2. If the Foggernaut is not Overheating when he casts this spell, he will gain +
Cost: 2 AP 1 MP | Range: 1-3 | Area: None | LoS: Yes | Boostable: Yes | Conditions: 2/turn
Damage: 3 - 40 - 77 | Effects: Bounces on one target after the first (2 max in total). -15% per rebound / If Foggernaut isn't Overheating: +1/16/32 levels of Under Pressure
Flame FervorIts MP cost will be switched to a WP cost and its range will be decreased as it will now start on contact. Its damage will be decreased. In addition to get behind the target, the Foggernaut will end 2 cells behind it and turn the target's gaze to him. If the Foggernaut is not Overheating when he casts this spell, he will gain +
Cost: 4 AP 1 WP | Range: 1-1 in line | Area: None | LoS: Yes | Boostable: No | Conditions: None
Damage: 5 - 70 - 135 | Effects: Goes through the target and ends 2 cells behind. Turns the target towards the Foggernaut. / If Foggernaut isn't Overheating: +1/40/80 levels of Under Pressure
SteampalmThis spell will keep its values. If the Foggernaut is not Overheating when he casts this spell, he will gain +
Cost: 5 AP | Range: 5 | Area: Circle 2 | LoS: No | Boostable: No | Conditions: None
Damage: 5 - 70 - 135 | Effects: If Foggernaut isn't Overheating: +1/50/100 levels of Under Pressure
MicrobotIts cost will be lowered and its range increased. It will no longer cast Aynaloxide. Allies will be able to use the Rails as well as the Foggernaut, which will cost 1 MP per 3 travelled cells. Only allied players (not the summons or Foggernaut) will be concerned by this cost.
Cost (lvl 0 / lvl max): 5 AP / 2 AP | Range (lvl 0 / lvl max): 1 / 1-3
Effects (lvl 0 / lvl max): Place a Microbot of lvl 1, 2 charges, rail size 3 in line / Place a microbot of lvl 1, 4 charges, rail size 5 in line.
MotherfoggerThe values to place it in combat will remain the same, but its mechanism to cast spells will change radically.
Cost: 6 AP / 1 AP | Range: 0 / 0
Effects: Transform into a Motherfogger, +3 to all resists, +5% Stasis damage if target has equal resists / Transform into a Motherfogger, +30 to all resists, +50% Stasis damage if target has equal resists
- Fire Thrower: Its cost will be reduced and its range increased, as well as becoming boostable, but damage will be decreased. It will be possible to cast it 6 times per turn, but only once per target. You will earn +10 Fire damage for each target that has been hit.
Damage: 2 - 25 - 48 | Effects: For each target hit, +10 Fire damage
- Rock Thrower: Its cost and range will be decreased, its area of effect will become a single cell (and not a circle of 2 cells), and will be cast 3 times per turn maximum. In return, if cast on an empty cell, it will place a Blockade "loaded in Stasis" which will absorb 50% of damage to any allies situated 2 cells around it.
Damage: 4 - 50 - 98 | Effects: Place a Stasis Blockade: 39 HP (modified by Earth Mastery)
- Bot Thrower: This new spell will allow you to place a Microbot from your Motherfogger, with a bonus of 3 Range!
Effects: Place a Microbot
- Repositioning: No change will be made.
Effects: The next move of the motherfogger on rails will only cost 1 MP, no matter the distance
- Stasis Thrower: This spell will no longer exist for the benefit of being able to access all Stasis spells, which we mentioned a little earlier.
CybotIt will now only cost 1 WP, and improving it will increase the range of the spell. The Cybot will have from 3 and up to 30% of the Foggernaut HP (that is to say less than before at low levels, but more at high levels). The spells assimilation system was abandoned in favor of a list of "classic" spells to give him more of a support role rather than becoming a "mini" damage dealer. The Cybot will be able to cast them like any other controlled creature. It will have 3 AP/ 2 MP / 3 WP at level 1, with only the Retreat spell available to use. Whereas at level 9 it will have 6 AP / 5 MP / 3 WP and 5 spells (so 3 new ones):
Cost: 1 WP / 1 WP | Range: 1 / 1-3
Effects: Place a Cybot with 3% of the Foggernaut HP, 4 AP, 3MP, 3 WP, skills Relay, spell: Retreat / Place a Cybot with 30% of the Foggernaut HP, 6 AP, 5 MP, 3 WP, skills Relay, spells: Retreat, Stasification, Salvage, Microbot, Teleportation
Relay: The Cybot can relay the shots of the Foggernaut. Its gaze will determine the direction of the shot.
- Retreat: Attracts the Foggernaut closer.
Effects: Pulls to contact
- Stasification: Adds Stasified levels.
Effects: +12 levels of Stasified
- Salvage: Restores 2 charges to the targeted Microbot.
Effects: Gives back 2 charges to the targeted Microbot
- Microbot: Place a Microbot with a cost of 2 AP for the Foggernaut.
Effects: Place a Microbot, -2 AP to the Foggernaut
- Teleportation: Teleport the Cybot 2 cells away from a Microbot.
Effects: Teleports the Cybot 2 cells away from a Microbot
Finally, note that the Cybot will have the Masteries and Resistances of the Foggernaut.
FogginatorYou will notice a lot of changes for this spell. Once transformed into a Fogginator, the Foggernaut will be able to use it for 1 turn only but will no longer die. Similarly, rather than a bonus to damage / AP / MP / Range, it will gain instead:
- -2 Range to Earth spells, which will no longer place any Blockades,
+ x% of Earth damage per level (up to +150%). The +X% damage will be replaced by a damage transfer from Water to Earth (-10 Water to +10 Earth for example).
- +1 Range to Fire spells, transform 10% (100% at maximum level) of the Cooling levels into Overheating levels.
- Stasis spells will cost 1 AP less, but they will lose a certain amount of HP per Stasis spell used (up to 5 spells may be cast that way).
These values are of course subject to change. The Fogginator spell cannot be used after Statis Flow, and if used for 2 consecutive turns,
Cost: 1 PW / 1 PW | Range: 0 / 0
Effects: Turns the Foggernaut into a Fogginator, -2 Range on Earth spell, Earth spells don't place Blockades, +0.15% Earth damage per level (max +150), turn 10% of Cooling into Overheating, +1 Range on Fire spells, Stasis spells cost 1 AP less, -0.25*lvl Stasis damage per Stasis spell used (max 5) / Turns the Foggernaut into a Fogginator, -2 Range on Earth spell, Earth spells don't place Blockades, +1.5% Earth damage per level (max +150), turn 100% of Cooling into Overheating, +1 Range on Fire spells, Stasis spells cost 1 AP less, -0.2*lvl Stasis damage per Stasis spell used (max 5)
Stasis FlowThis spell will replace Salvage and allow to redirect some of the damage suffered by the allies to the Foggernaut. Its cost will range from 1 to 6 AP, and its Range from 1 to 6 at maximum level. If cast on the Foggernaut, it will apply the Stasis Flow . If cast on an ally it will apply the Stasis Link (-1 WP to the Foggernaut). Stasis Flow
Cost: 6 AP / 2 AP | Range: 1 / 6 | Conditions: cannot be cast after Fogginator, cannot target the same target two turns in a row
Effects: On Foggernaut: Apply Stasis Flow (1), on ally: apply Stasis Link (1) and Foggernaut looses 1 WP / On Foggernaut: Apply Stasis Flow (10), on ally: apply Stasis Link (10) and Foggernaut looses 1 WP
Stasis Flow: Absorbs 10%/100% of damages received by allies, up to 2 cells away
Stasis Link: Rebounds 10%/100% of the damages received to the Foggernaut
Overheating: -1% resist all / -20 % resist all
Cooling: +2% resist all / +40% resist all
Blockades absorb 2.5% damages dealt to allies in contact / Blockades absorb 50% damages dealt to allies in contact
+1% to the lowest resist at the beginning of the fight / +20% to the lowest resist at the beginning of the fight
+1.5 Lock / +30 Lock
GrooveIt will allow the Earth spells to increase the Foggernaut Lock by 1 and up to 10 per AP used (for 1 turn). It will always award Mechanics points and additional Rails but will no longer boost the Microbot damage.
Effects: Earth spells increase the Lock of the Foggernaut by 1 per AP used (1turn) / +2 Control, +2 Rails, Earth spells increase the Lock of the Foggernaut by 10.5 per AP used (1 turn)
Critical TurboIts bonuses will no longer be cumulative. It will give less Dodge but therefore also give Lock.
Effects: +1 CH, +2.5 Dodge, +1.5 Lock / +20 CH, +50 Dodge, +30 Lock
Stasis ShieldThis passive spell will replace Painless Steel. In addition to the HP bonus to the Foggernaut, this shield will provide an additional bonus of 8% per ally present in battle. However, the Foggernaut will suffer from 0.5 up to 10% of the maximum of HP lost by his allies.
Effects: +1% HP, +0.4% HP per ally, loss of 0.35% of the max HP lost by allies / +20% HP, +8% HP per ally, loss of 7% of the max HP lost by allies
Fire and OilIn addition to its current effect, this passive spell will increase the range of Fire spells. In addition, it will provide additional levels of Under Pressure per AP spent on a Fire spell, which has wounded a target more than 5 cells away from the Foggernaut. Note, however, that there will be more explosion around the Foggernaut when the effect is applied
Effects: +0 level of Under Pressure per AP if a fire spell hits a target more than 5 cells away / +2 Range for fire spells, +4 levels of Under Pressure per AP if a fire spell hits a target more than 5 cells away
*Localized words subject to change.
Now that you have discovered the proposed changes, we will continue to listen to your feedback and it is now your turn!
Additions of October 3rd in blue.http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/community/blog/posts/405378-class-revamp-foggernaut