Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Class Revamp - Foggernaut
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté September 13, 2013, 00:00:05 | #41

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 12 September 2013 22:29) *
Why can't you just make something oryginal for Foggernaut instead and keep Sacrier job to Sacrier and Sadida oryginal design to Sadida? Why you... ruin everything? Now with these changes to Foggernaut i will feel like creating one for that link to summoned toys, wich i used to love in Sadida before it got revamped. And then again i fear that you will remove it again from Foggernaut class once i hit high lvl , just to create new class with this ability by removing what was cool from other classes.

Seriously Ankama, you are doing it wrong.

"Original mechanic, do not steal"

In case you dont know, blockades are still different from dolls. Mostly because, blockades last one turn, blockades cant deal damage, blockades have less hp than Greedies/Ultrapowers/Inflatables/Blocks.
The 'sacrifice' offered by foggernauts is only partially effective. It doesnt move the ally away, it only effects the ally for that turn instead of till the charges end, its still plenty unique in its own way, but its an alternative.

And keeping mechanics to a class only is one of the reasons why there were such imbalances in the game and why they are revamping things in the first place.

This post has been edited by smallz117 - September 13, 2013, 00:01:08.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-15
posté September 13, 2013, 00:24:37 | #42

Quote (smallz117 @ 13 September 2013 00:00) *
"Original mechanic, do not steal"

In case you dont know, blockades are still different from dolls. Mostly because, blockades last one turn, blockades cant deal damage, blockades have less hp than Greedies/Ultrapowers/Inflatables/Blocks.
The 'sacrifice' offered by foggernauts is only partially effective. It doesnt move the ally away, it only effects the ally for that turn instead of till the charges end, its still plenty unique in its own way, but its an alternative.

And keeping mechanics to a class only is one of the reasons why there were such imbalances in the game and why they are revamping things in the first place.
You seem pretty uninformed on Saddidas. This was similar to a mechanic they had and was taken away, also you are completely wrong about the health of dolls.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-03-18
posté September 13, 2013, 00:51:48 | #43
why we even comment u are keeping this new refamp annyway (nothing is going to change) u guys do ignore us like u always do.

The Sinister Six * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté September 13, 2013, 01:09:36 | #44
Blazing Fire is so boring still.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté September 13, 2013, 01:14:02 | #45
Wow, I'm sort of mad at the fact I deleted my fogger. The new fogger tanking mechanics is definitely more strategized than a sacriers, I'm loving the revamp. Tanking classes is what I like in mmo's!

Time to level one up again, i suppose.

-Faded

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2008-06-24
posté September 13, 2013, 01:45:27 | #46
Ok, some people are being outlandish.

We haven't even seen all the spell values and damage in-game yet.

Exactly how is this a negative revamp?

Fogginator is now feasible without essentially committing suicide. Salveage has been replaced in favor of something that actually benefits you. Brushfire is gone (wasn't even useful).

Fire branch has gotten a major buff and earth's already large tanking ability has been solidified.

MICROBOTS HAVE RANGE. Foggers can now contend with other high mobility classes and kite easier...

Only possible negative thing is Foggers taking damage for their teammates every single time they get hurt (kind of a pain conceptually).

posté September 13, 2013, 02:12:01 | #47

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 13 September 2013 01:45) *

Fogginator is now feasible without essentially committing suicide. Salveage has been replaced in favor of something that actually benefits you. Brushfire is gone (wasn't even useful).

Fire branch has gotten a major buff and earth's already large tanking ability has been solidified.

MICROBOTS HAVE RANGE. Foggers can now contend with other high mobility classes and kite easier...

Only possible negative thing is Foggers taking damage for their teammates every single time they get hurt (kind of a pain conceptually).
...Who exactly is claiming that this is bad? Seems to me everyone is liking it and want a couple of tweaks, I'm just jealous of them XD.

This post has been edited by HakazabaJub - September 13, 2013, 02:12:54.
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2008-06-24
posté September 13, 2013, 02:53:59 | #48

Quote (HakazabaJub @ 13 September 2013 02:12) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 13 September 2013 01:45) *

...Who exactly is claiming that this is bad? Seems to me everyone is liking it and want a couple of tweaks, I'm just jealous of them XD.
couple folks, nothing major.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-04-11
posté September 13, 2013, 03:19:37 | #49
I love the changes, I currently started re-leveling my Fogger after I read this, who ever's idea this was I'm so happy for that person! Great job.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté September 13, 2013, 05:43:25 | #50
Just a quick note to thank you all for your feedback.

They have been compiled to share them with the Devs and we look forward to keep receiving them.

We will of course keep you updated on any returns that we receive as usual.

posté September 13, 2013, 05:47:35 | #51
Hey don't you think mechanics damage should do something for the Foggernaught? Maybe it should apply for blockade hp or something?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté September 13, 2013, 06:07:06 | #52

Quote (Sabi @ 13 September 2013 05:43) *
Just a quick note to thank you all for your feedback.

They have been compiled to share them with the Devs and we look forward to keep receiving them.

We will of course keep you updated on any returns that we receive as usual.

^^ thanks i hope you keep us updated with every little detail... *i really do want every little detail*

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté September 13, 2013, 07:20:41 | #53

Quote (azalyn @ 12 September 2013 20:38) *
Great. Now please add a female foggernaut.

And stop giving us the excuse that they are genderless because they're androids. Works of fiction feature plenty of clearly gendered androids.

The UI clearly shows the female icon as greyed out when you select them. The real reason is because the fogger appears to be the only class in the game to use a custom sprite, every other class uses more or less the same base sprites, with some additional class-specific overlays. I understand it's more work to animate a new sprite, but MMOs are all about character customization, and many people don't want to play them the way they look right now.

Please? At least tell us if it's being considered? Give us some hope?
i'm gonna have to respectfully disagree.

there are plenty of classes to relate to for male and female players but none for androgynous players. I don't want them to take away this ONE option which is so rare for mmos in general.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-01-11
posté September 13, 2013, 07:23:37 | #54
I refuse to play this class based on how ugly it is. I do not mind that it is a robot, and not male or female (even though it is male by default because it only appears when you click the male icon for character selection). But please make it better looking, it is just so ugly.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté September 13, 2013, 08:48:04 | #55

Quote (androgyous @ 13 September 2013 07:23) *
I refuse to play this class based on how ugly it is. I do not mind that it is a robot, and not male or female (even though it is male by default because it only appears when you click the male icon for character selection). But please make it better looking, it is just so ugly.
Just wear a hoodlum insignia XD

i love the dofus design more, maybe we can get a insignia skin  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté September 13, 2013, 10:20:56 | #56

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 13 September 2013 07:20) *
there are plenty of classes to relate to for male and female players but none for androgynous players. I don't want them to take away this ONE option which is so rare for mmos in general.
I dont see why androgyous gets to have the foggernaut class all to herself!

Quote (androgyous @ 13 September 2013 07:23) *

I mean she doesn't even want to play one...

*is a joke* .-.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-01-22
posté September 13, 2013, 12:07:33 | #57
In overall the changes look good and pretty interesting. Although I'd like some clarification on:
*Armor Plating: "...and reduce the resistance to Overheating while increasing the resistance to Cooling." What does that mean? And how is it supposed to work with the fire branch?

*New ranges of fire spells. Because as it stands now Fire and Oil only corresponds with Steampalm.

And I'd like to make a suggestion concerning Stasis Link. It costs 1 WP on allies but doesn't have any sort of charges? That's a bit much since it doesn't even redirect all the damage taken by the ally. I think it should work a bit like Sacrier's sacrifice where if cast on an ally it would cost 1WP and it'd add 3 charges/levels of "Stasis Protection" (Doesn't switch places) where all the damages suffered by the ally would be redirected to the Foggernaut. When all charges are consumed the ally would become "Depleted" and can longer receive a Stasis Link for a turn. I think this way it'd be more efficient in a group setting.

EDIT: Suggestion concerning Critical Turbo. Why not make it that the Foggernaut receives the bonuses (Dodge, CH) the moment he uses a WP? instead of waiting till the beginning of his next turn. Critical Turbo will last till the end of the Foggernaut's next turn. I think this way it'd add more flexibility and conservation of WPs since the Foggernaut wouldn't be forced to use WPs each turn to get the bonuses allowing him to use a multitude of different spells.

This post has been edited by Khaled-Jaber - September 13, 2013, 12:28:29.
Reason for edit : Added another suggestion
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-02-15
posté September 13, 2013, 12:55:32 | #58

And stop giving us the excuse that they are genderless because they're androids. Works of fiction feature plenty of clearly gendered androids.

The UI clearly shows the female icon as greyed out when you select them. The real reason is because the fogger appears to be the only class in the game to use a custom sprite, every other class uses more or less the same base sprites, with some additional class-specific overlays. I understand it's more work to animate a new sprite, but MMOs are all about character customization, and many people don't want to play them the way they look right now.

Who ever said that Male was an automatic "androgynous" characteristic. The option for male is there....it says male. However the female option is voided out. That's not androgynous at all. Just lazy. They could have made an entirely separate option for foggers that just said "robutt" but it is just implied that they are androgynous, so we can get over it.

The only thing you seem to care about is that the sprite stays the same. I feel the same, but what matters in this game are animations and gear accommodations based on gender. I'd like to be able to use the female animations simply by having the option to select male or female. Just copy/paste the fogger sprite on the currently vacant female select option. Everybody happy. I mean, don't you find it boring that foggers can only wear male oriented style gear since most gear changes accustomed to a characters sex?

Almanax costumes and other costumes that change based on a character being male or female only always being male for foggers...honestly I'm surprised that ankama didn't just give the option for "female" foggers to begin with. Actually....since Ankama animators and designers have to animate the custom sprite that is the foggernaught class.... I can almost guarantee that they started with a male character first and decided to not do the female animations just to save time under the guise of androgyny. Speculation and slander~ I'm kidding.

Honestly I'd love to be able to separately select a characters gender specific animations at the character creation screen for all classes along with what ever sex we want. For example, male character with female animations or female character with male animations. Other gender rules that tag along with gear should apply here as well.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - September 13, 2013, 13:01:53.
Reason for edit : spacing things out cause text in a bunch is silly....get over it~ love, Frey Haakon Erich
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté September 13, 2013, 14:02:12 | #59

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 13 September 2013 12:55) *

Who ever said that Male was an automatic "androgynous" characteristic. The option for male is there....it says male. However the female option is voided out. That's not androgynous at all. Just lazy. They could have made an entirely separate option for foggers that just said "robutt" but it is just implied that they are androgynous, so we can get over it.

The only thing you seem to care about is that the sprite stays the same. I feel the same, but what matters in this game are animations and gear accommodations based on gender. I'd like to be able to use the female animations simply by having the option to select male or female. Just copy/paste the fogger sprite on the currently vacant female select option. Everybody happy. I mean, don't you find it boring that foggers can only wear male oriented style gear since most gear changes accustomed to a characters sex?

Almanax costumes and other costumes that change based on a character being male or female only always being male for foggers...honestly I'm surprised that ankama didn't just give the option for "female" foggers to begin with. Actually....since Ankama animators and designers have to animate the custom sprite that is the foggernaught class.... I can almost guarantee that they started with a male character first and decided to not do the female animations just to save time under the guise of androgyny. Speculation and slander~ I'm kidding.

Honestly I'd love to be able to separately select a characters gender specific animations at the character creation screen for all classes along with what ever sex we want. For example, male character with female animations or female character with male animations. Other gender rules that tag along with gear should apply here as well.

Agreed with pretty much all. If it was supposed to be androgynous, why are we stuck with male only animations. We should be able to select Female in character select, even if they leave the look the same so that gear and the animations are female.

That being said though, please please please allow us to make a female Fogger like in Dofus, they are so bad-ass and amazing. I mean look at them:

I so want to make one in Wakfu that looks like this. She's adorable. You don't even need to change the animations for the Fogger's abilities. She can shoot the stasis from those amazing gloves and the cavity in the chest. She can so summon hammers like earth or fire off blasts of fire. Imagine her getting the Fogginator gear popping out on her... Ah, amazing.

Even with all that, leave the male Fogger's look like they are now. Just give us the option to make these amazing Fogger Gals.

- Kat

This post has been edited by kurokat - September 13, 2013, 14:11:43.
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-02-15
posté September 13, 2013, 16:40:47 | #60

Quote (kurokat @ 13 September 2013 14:02) *

Agreed with pretty much all. If it was supposed to be androgynous, why are we stuck with male only animations. We should be able to select Female in character select, even if they leave the look the same so that gear and the animations are female.

That being said though, please please please allow us to make a female Fogger like in Dofus, they are so bad-ass and amazing. I mean look at them...

I so want to make one in Wakfu that looks like this. She's adorable. You don't even need to change the animations for the Fogger's abilities. She can shoot the stasis from those amazing gloves and the cavity in the chest. She can so summon hammers like earth or fire off blasts of fire. Imagine her getting the Fogginator gear popping out on her... Ah, amazing.

Even with all that, leave the male Fogger's look like they are now. Just give us the option to make these amazing Fogger Gals.

- Kat

I wouldn't get too carried away with that one. It would be too much in my opinion, to expect them to do that. However if they were to make costumes of dofus incarnations for the classes ( well some of them since certain ones just don't change all that much....and I mean a more streamline version of the dofus design because, lets be honest here and agree that it's not pretty to look at in terms of their sprites) as a sort of tribute or ode` to the past, that would be great.

Also, I mean more on the lines of how in-game devs can use costumes like Vamp and Blackcrow, completely transforming the character into a certain form. Not the move-set shenanigans and stuff but it would be pretty interesting to have costumes that make a character no longer even resemble it's current class...

Whoa, flying off topic~ Anyway, I don't really understand the costs of Flame Fervor... It's weaker than before has less range and doesn't give you back stab initiative...yet it costs a wp? It must be crazy good when the fogger is "under pressure"....I hope...or else that cost is just silly stupid for the sake of being silly...and stupid. Having a spell that can help you escape lock should cost a wp? So it's like a reverse cras disengage...or did that get changed... what about Srams, who can escape lock with relative ease? Looks not worthwhile, but at least it opens the targets back and gives it to the rest of your team. Lots of things to do here... won't know until it comes out~ Can't wait.

Oh, well the fire tree does focus on range so making it having difficulty at close range does seem fair. So I guess it should be like a cra and have to pay a hefty sum to escape lock... it's really interesting how they are changing foggers now....I repeat, can't wait~ do we have a date for this one?

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - September 13, 2013, 17:33:17.
Reason for edit : stuff~ '3'