Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Revamping Incarnam and Astrub
Lead Community Manager * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté September 20, 2013, 11:00:00 | #1
Revamping Incarnam and Astrub

Incarnam and Astrub get a makeover to better welcome all the newcomers that will be joining us starting from October 1st!By doing the tutorial in the next update you will no longer be asked to create a character belonging to a class, but a new type of character that was created for the occasion: the Incarnate

When first stepping in Incarnam, you will play an Incarnate. With this character you will learn how to use the controls of WAKFU, the basic rules of the game, and choose your class.

Master Kano will also welcome you and teach you the basics. Starting a fight, moving and using spells, the importance of positioning, learning about masteries and side and back damage… All of these will be explained, as well as more details all along your experience on Incarnam and Astrub, such as how to use the map or what do quest items mean.

This revamp should help newcomers learn the rules of the game, with much more precise indications:
 Feature in development and not yet translated.

These will not be the only additions. For example, Wodents will have a new look, and see new members added to its family:

You will even find your very first dungeon, dedicated to this family!

After learning the basics in Incarnam, Sokay will ask you to choose a class.

Once this is done, you will be sent to Astrub (with the level and equipment items received in Incarnam) where a quest will ask you to talk to Master Bossowl to learn more about this old city, the Orgest Chaos and above all, the Nations from which you can chose a nationality…

Something important: You will be able to choose your nation by talking directly to Bossowl. You will see a window summing up all the specificities of each nation. This should make for a much easier Nation choice!

Feature in development and not yet translated.

The entire geography of Astrub will also be modified. Its points of interest will be better centralized and moving through it will be much easier and fun! Monsters and resources will also change, as you will now find a Bow Meow family and no more Astrub Resources, replaced by the normal resources available everywhere else in the game. But don’t worry, you should still find your way! Dungeons for example will be the same, and you will still find the Temple of Scriptures at the same place!

Some features will also be unlocked in Astrub for non-subscribers for them to better apprehend the game: they will be able to trade between non-subscribers, level up their gathering professions up to level 10 with the first game resources. For this purpose the Astrub resources will be removed in favor of "true" level 1 harvestable resources: Wheat, Ash, Sturgeon, Tin, Thistle and seeds. The new level 0 Tin ore will be replacing the Iron ore. Non-subscribers will be able to manage an exclusive ecosystem and Marketplace, and also use the boats!

New quests will be added to begin your journey from a new angle and better guide you to Mount Zinit. Talking of which, Zinit will now be doable in group, but this is another story, one that you will get to discover on October 1st!http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/community/blog/posts/405935-revamping-incarnam-astrub

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté September 20, 2013, 16:25:01 | #2
EPIC!.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-01-19
posté September 20, 2013, 16:27:47 | #3
nice it can be cool !!!

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-10-15
posté September 20, 2013, 16:28:21 | #4
WOW, this is going to be good for the new players, really good job!

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2009-12-08
posté September 20, 2013, 16:29:19 | #5
Sounds good for new players.

If only i could stay as a incarnate. :O

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-11-07
posté September 20, 2013, 16:30:32 | #6
Sounds amazing! Can't wait to learn more from Master Bossowl about Astrub and Ogrest! I do wonder how the Incarnate will work out, especially with looks and abilities and stuff.
I like the market and trade for the non-subscribers a lot!

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-09-10
posté September 20, 2013, 16:30:41 | #7
It's looking really nice ^^
And I see new outfit on osa... Do we get something new for ours charas?  

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-02-06
posté September 20, 2013, 16:41:24 | #8
It's looking really nice ^^ And I see new outfit on osa... Do we get something new for ours charas?
i think thats just the female incarnate aha

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté September 20, 2013, 17:05:20 | #9
id love to try this out... but wait i cant make new characters.... how sad for me guess ill never know what this is like.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-04-11
posté September 20, 2013, 17:08:07 | #10
So do you customize your character after you have completed this area and choose your class, or do you customize the Incarnate character and they just gain the aspects of the class you pick (Such as horns on Osa)?

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-10-29
posté September 20, 2013, 17:10:20 | #11
Good job we need new players

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-28
posté September 20, 2013, 17:29:42 | #12
Whoa great job.

This looks really good and will help get new players.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-14
posté September 20, 2013, 17:33:41 | #13
Those chars look awesome! I'm not sure if people will want to choose a class now

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-16
posté September 20, 2013, 17:51:41 | #14
Looks quite well and promising. But two critical points directly caught my attention:

First, there is no nation with highlevel players to keep parasites & ecoterrorists from abusing the ecosystem in Astrub.

Second, the "information" given about the different nations is missleading.
Current gouverneurs & alliances are momentary snapshots telling nothing about the longterm situation of a nation. The amount of territories is unimportant. The islands are also a momentary snapshot and Amakna doesn't profit from having one base territory more than the others. Richness and number of inhabitants would actually help deciding, but without further real information about the nations these two will just increase the population of the nation which already has the most inhabitants.
How about:
The differences in landscape and monsters influencing how easily available a certain ressource is?
(Amakna: Fields, Bonta: Forests, Brâkmar: Ores, Sufokia: Fishing Grounds)
The connection to a certain gathering job and element resulting in a (slight) bonus?
Which types of workshops are found outside of cities exclusively in the nation?
Simply: More like the stuff which was written in the old books we originally got from the four owls.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-04-26
posté September 20, 2013, 18:51:01 | #15
Love how the new Astrub looks like

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-05-18
posté September 20, 2013, 18:59:57 | #16
Write your reply hereNox16 20 September 2013 - 17:05

id love to try this out... but wait i cant make new characters.... how sad for me guess ill never know what this is like.
I have a similar issue. I cant delete my characters without a secret password that I have no recollection of typing in o.o

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-18
posté September 20, 2013, 19:09:58 | #17

Quote (Freewinds @ 20 September 2013 17:08) *
So do you customize your character after you have completed this area and choose your class, or do you customize the Incarnate character and they just gain the aspects of the class you pick (Such as horns on Osa)?

I really want to know this, it would be fun choosing any hair from any class. But I would prefer new hair on the boutique.

But to me this feels like ankama just wants money from bots. All resources you can find in the nations? can use boats, can trade?

Bye bye economy you wanted to protect so much azael o.o

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-16
posté September 20, 2013, 19:17:12 | #18

Quote (Neneko88 @ 20 September 2013 19:09) *
All resources you can find in the nations? can use boats, can trade?
The normal versions of the astrub ressources, i expect.
The long bridges will be replaced by boats.
Trade maybe just between nonsubscribed characters.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-18
posté September 20, 2013, 19:20:20 | #19

Quote (Rimali @ 20 September 2013 19:17) *

Quote (Neneko88 @ 20 September 2013 19:09) *
All resources you can find in the nations? can use boats, can trade?
The normal versions of the astrub ressources, i expect.
The long bridges will be replaced by boats.
Trade maybe just between nonsubscribed characters.
until they say otherwiseI expect bots to mine iron forever there and trading things
but if sabi or troyle could give us information..

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-05
posté September 20, 2013, 19:31:50 | #20
I love it and wonder how players get to see class info, perhaps with a class trailer or something?