Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Letter to the Community - November 2013
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-10-12
posté November 28, 2013, 01:13:13 | #21
As everyone said, thank you for these letters is really great to see such updates from devs to the community

On a different note I want to point most multiaccounter teams have one or two or even three enutrofs for drop hunting. Unless there is going to be a multiman to raise prospecting multi-accounting is not going to be impacted as much since having enutrofs in team will still be necessary to overcome prospecting locks for rare items.Write your reply here

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2011-05-10
posté November 28, 2013, 01:19:48 | #22
While a lot of people might criticize him, he is only one man. He is responsible for all the major decisions regarding Wakfu's future. Keep that in mind before you bash him, I personally think he's doing a great job and I hope he is not steered away by the negativity he may see here.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-02-02
posté November 28, 2013, 10:12:27 | #23
In Dofus Multimen do increase the prospecting of the group just like normal players, they don't drop items though. I think it's going to be the same for Wakfu.

This update will finally bring a better equality between multiclienting and solo players, multiclienters will still get the bigger part of the cake though. However I should be happy with that.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2013-11-02
posté November 28, 2013, 10:59:07 | #24
Just wanted to say "thanks"! I like just about all that I read in this letter  

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2007-03-10
posté November 28, 2013, 12:56:29 | #25
Now, I've been waiting for a Feca revamp since.... Well, since they COMPLETELY reworked them once they were released in the English beta. Since then, I've only seen the "Bugs" that make Feca playable and competitive slowly being removed and replaced with.. well, nothing much besides a damage-dealing class or a supportive class that can't really support too well.

Quote (Azael @ 27 November 2013 16:00) *
The time left for Feca just seemed too short to offer a complete revamp. As I said, classes remain a priority, which means that I want to be sure to have enough time to guarantee the best quality possible.

I had to make a decision, and one of the things that influenced this decision was that in the first quarter of 2014, we will implement new rules for levels over 100.

We will have to modify all classes to add a real gain after level 100, which should make many of you happy.

I didn’t want to have to modify a class that was already revamped two months earlier.
This is a good enough excuse, I guess. You didn't want to revamp them twice when doing it once after you do a game overhaul would be less work. Think about the players who have been waiting for a rework since 2012, though. Hell, think of the players who have been waiting for a rework since 2010. Were here.... Waiting. I wouldn't care if Feca got completely broken, one way or the other, if it got me to play something other than an earth hybrid to be competitive. I mean, once the Feca rework was pushed back in 2012 I just said F it and quit the game for almost a year.

A lot of other players have that same problem. They want class balances that were promised back in the English Open Beta, not more content and a higher level cap. I really think that's what's driving a lot of people to just said, "forget this game" in NA.

Sram and Feca were promised a rework AGES ago. But Froggernaut still managed to get released THEN reworked before these two have even really been touched. It's just.... Annoying, to say the least.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-10-31
posté November 28, 2013, 13:58:21 | #26

Quote (Frittei @ 27 November 2013 17:46) *

December Update
While the last update was focused on content addition, the next one will not only include a new feature (Sidekicks), but also a couple revamps: Smithmagic and the experience gain in-game.This is quite an ambitious program that I hope will be a success in terms of new content and the overall quality of the update.

You dont even mention the PP-Cap which is part of the Dropsystem update you promised us.
You also promised us to "release things when they will be completed entirely, and not half done like you did in the past" in your last letter to the community.
The PP-Cap is seen as completly half done and they wont accept this to get implemented.
They feel like you lie to them!

Challenges in combat:
"We know that the first challenges will not be achievable by all, but this is intended."

You justify these changes (PP-Cap) with the Combat-Challange-System nobody asked for and as you say not everyone can take part in this (which in my opinion again is completly half done!).

And then the sidekicks?! Nobody asked for them but everyone wants class revamps!

The Sidekick feature was indeed designed by the same team as classes, and required a significant testing time

As I said, classes remain a priority, which means that I want to be sure to have enough time to guarantee the best quality possible.

So to sum it up: We feel like we are hearing lies from you and aren´t getting heard from you.

So we feel not as half as good as you think we are feeling.

Exactly that.
Pls handle my post as if i wrote the same, because these are exactly the thoughts that came in my mind while reading.

Azael said how they respect our feedback in the changelog but in reality, they nearly don't.
The only things we were able to influence yet were the kama/reessource-cost-modifcation of haven worlds and the kama-costs and CMC% of the smithmagic. That's all. Everything else was ignored.

I really liked the last 2 letters because i believed the promises in them, but now i know nothing has changed.

Btw.: Didn't you also promised us to make summons controlable? Well, why should you mention it. Doesn't sound good, does it?

This post has been edited by Elithril - November 28, 2013, 13:59:53.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté November 28, 2013, 14:26:23 | #27
Hey Troyle, i know Azael is kind of a superior for you, but could you please tell him that we take him by his word and we feel that he isn´t honest!
He has a nice style to write things very very positive, to give everyone a good feeling, but if you take him by the facts than he realy seems to be NOT honest!

This Update on 12/10/2013 will be half done sh** and he promised NOT to do such things!

posté November 28, 2013, 23:27:55 | #28
Classes are NOT YOUR TOP PRIORITY. FFS stop flipping lying to us every month.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté November 29, 2013, 07:42:10 | #29
Yay! I'm happy to hear all of this Azael.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-10-01
posté November 29, 2013, 12:54:27 | #30
I don't got a thing.
So, next year all the classes will have another revamp ??

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-05-04
posté November 29, 2013, 21:16:44 | #31
Write your reply hereBugs
Once again, this is a huge downside of the update. But I want to talk about it as I believe that regarding content addition, our new methods have proven efficient.

However, there are two points that couldn’t go unnoticed:

Al Howin
Updater

Al Howin… Too many issues with this one. We’re already taking steps to make sure that this doesn’t happen again. In the name of the team I sincerely apologize and a compensation has already been sent to all those that connected during the event.

What compensation? A pat on the back, because it doesn't appear like many people received theirs.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté December 01, 2013, 13:44:37 | #32
I for one would like to know where our Al Howin compensation is.

Mine had better include that Bibliobranch!

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-10-03
posté December 02, 2013, 07:37:02 | #33
I had logged on during the All Howin event, and did a majority of the quest(s) on two separate characters on the same account. I two have yet to see the "compensation" that is spoke of.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-03-26
posté December 02, 2013, 18:59:37 | #34

Al Howin… Too many issues with this one. We’re already taking steps to make sure that this doesn’t happen again. In the name of the team I sincerely apologize and a compensation has already been sent to all those that connected during the event.

I still have not received any form of compensation and I did not receive all of my rewards, items OR title, even though I completed all of the quests.

I understand that it takes a lot of time and effort to develop the events and we really, really, REALLY enjoy them! When they're messed up it decreases moral for the majority of the server. I saw a huge decrease in the player base because of the poorly executed event. Perhaps instead of planning right before a holiday you could have an ongoing events/holiday project folder where ideas are stored and once a month the information is worked on. When rolling out projects, such as a class revamp, look at what else is scheduled to happen that month and don't double book yourself so to speak. Planning and time management, simple things that would increase your success rate exponentially.

P.S. I can't wait for the experience revamp. The cap keeps getting pushed out and xp keeps getting nerfed. It isn't just a matter of how much we gain, it is that the experience keeps getting reduced as well! It isn't just a matter of wisdom, it is that you broke your own game. I can't get my main characters leveled let alone my secondary characters I enjoy playing. So, as I was saying, I look forward to actually being able to level again.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-04-27
posté December 03, 2013, 09:21:55 | #35

Quote (twintiger @ 02 December 2013 18:59) *

P.S. I can't wait for the experience revamp. The cap keeps getting pushed out and xp keeps getting nerfed. It isn't just a matter of how much we gain, it is that the experience keeps getting reduced as well! It isn't just a matter of wisdom, it is that you broke your own game. I can't get my main characters leveled let alone my secondary characters I enjoy playing. So, as I was saying, I look forward to actually being able to level again.

Don´t hope too much.
At the moment it seems that the new XP-system is worse than the system we have now

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-06-23
posté December 10, 2013, 14:57:29 | #36
Am I the only one who is sad that the Pandawa revamp is delayed ,too ? Hope they dont forget about that