Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Sidekicks
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-06
posté December 12, 2013, 10:14:06 | #181
I'm always amused by people who defend multiboxing with 'Well, I don't like it when people fuck up a dungeon or steal my loot or ruin a challenge or just suck.' because what I'm reading is, "I am really just an elitist, narcissistic ass hole who'd rather do it by myself than have fun with/making friends."

Like these aren't even defense points. WoW doesn't have a huge multiboxing threshold. Know what? WoW has bosses that even if you do everything right at the exactly the right moment, you will still get smashed. Know what? People deal with it. They brush themselves off, go over what may have gone wrong, and try again. With randoms no less. This isn't the only game, but by far the most well known. If you've ever done heroics or raids, you know it's incredibly easy to fall prey to one little fuck up in a group and all you do is replace him with another person who hopefully won't fuck up.

Multiboxing is an option because ankama allows it. Ankama doesn't want to deal with the backlash of suddenly forbidding it, even if they wanted to. But Ankama has made it's stance on it as this: We don't want people who only have an hour to play to fall behind those who have 8 hours to play.

Now, to this I have always said, 'Then why allow multiboxing because that just makes it so the people who have 8 hours to play 8x further than the person who has an hour to play.' It's unbelievably retarded in my opinion but oh well. That's their view and no one post is going to change it. So my guess is MM are the answer to the solo player's blight of not being able to find groups whenever he wants. So how about this, instead of complaining about multiboxers and how ankama gives you a not even p2w task of ensuring you have an option, (One because they aren't all that OP, two because you can buy them off the market) and talk to random people. Shout out for an hour your looking for people to do a dungeon. Spend time cultivating both friendship and personality. It's not an obscene thing unless you make it the case. If you want more friends, MAKE them. The only people who have to fear multiboxers, are people who don't see the clear option in front of them. Say hey to every random person you meet and make friends.

Now, is multiboxing an issue that destroys the sense of community? Yes. As a matter of fact, it is. Does that mean you need to let it? Not by a long shot. Be part of a movement. Encourage your nation leaders to set up something between nations or otherwise to help promote party play. This game gives you the world at your finger tips. Get off the forums and use it once in a while.

Suggestion: Bonta has a big fat mass of wealth. Maybe that could provide seed money to start a social movement. Just a hint.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-03-28
posté December 12, 2013, 10:37:20 | #182
I tottaly aggree with waht your saying the problem is the chalanges are in themselves annoying and cannot be completed most of the time while players dont bother with completing them due to the fact that they are new and another thing using multiman to replace chars is tottaly unapropriate i would rather have a talking person by my side then 2 summons controlled by me its an MMORPG afterall so ankama should really think things out. But i tottaly agrre if you need any experienced fighters to group with in remington contact me IGN: Feral-Death.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-02-22
posté December 12, 2013, 10:47:59 | #183
Imho I think that these Sidekicks r a great idea; me and my boyfriend can play together and finally we can do more difficult dung. For my guild my main char and the main char of my bf r useless in pvm, for these reason 2 character over lvl 120 aren't bringing to dungeon. I've never done Sylargh dung, or Misses Freez, the new wabbit dungeons or other dung easier than these. Btw I feel that with sidekick FINALLY I can do something in game; with our char we can't do also UB, just Excarnus and Milkar, I played since February 2013 and I've nerver saw Black Crow or Magmog or Dragon Pig, unfortunately sidekick can't do them, but I'm happy instead 'coz now I can do much more dungeon and have more fun.
This is an mmorpg, but if my guild masters don't wanna bring us in funny and difficult dungeons I'll do by myself, and now this is possible. So thank you Ankama.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-06
posté December 12, 2013, 10:54:41 | #184

Quote (LaInTheHouse @ 12 December 2013 10:37) *
I tottaly aggree with waht your saying the problem is the chalanges are in themselves annoying and cannot be completed most of the time while players dont bother with completing them due to the fact that they are new and another thing using multiman to replace chars is tottaly unapropriate i would rather have a talking person by my side then 2 summons controlled by me its an MMORPG afterall so ankama should really think things out. But i tottaly agrre if you need any experienced fighters to group with in remington contact me IGN: Feral-Death.
A broken challenge is not the end of the world. I'd rather die in Zombies on wave five a thousand times laughing with my XBL friends about how one is over thinking moron who trips himself up in most of his life endevours, another is a girl who is more manly than the three guys, and the third is a show offy douche with a big heart rather than get to wave 100 with people who never say a word. It's lonely at the top. And we'll get there. But like Macklemore said, You know you got a whole world to change, but understand who you have to change first.

IGN: Zyrlux Currently a level 20 stasis fog, might play with my Xelor soon though. I'm feeling time mage-y

This post has been edited by DemonSin - December 12, 2013, 11:16:49.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté December 12, 2013, 17:52:06 | #185
I'm a fan of Multimen. Most players will only need to find one other person their level to enjoy a full party situation now. It may not be as powerful compared to six different players and there are a few limitations but i think the benefits are fantastic for Wakfu.

This is one step closer to an MMO where I can control a whole party made up of my own characters on one account. The first FF and FFT come to mind. This is the future and all the developers have to do is find a way to keep the community working together and interacting.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté December 13, 2013, 08:49:42 | #186
You can't though, so you might want to take the word MMO out of your comment.

This is a p2p, p2w single player game with an online chatroom as of the last update.

posté December 13, 2013, 16:33:49 | #187
I'm not convinced Wakfu is P2W. The fact it has both a subscription fee and a cash shop rubs people the wrong way. I understand that, but why does it have to be so black and white? Can't there be some middle ground. The sub is half the price of other games which Ankama supplements with their cash shop. Atm, I'm content with the 'power' you can buy from the cash shop.

With level caps being raised every few patches you won't see much benefit from cash shop smithmagic hammering your way into extra stats. I agree it's still possible and some gear like relics lends itself to the system rather well.

The dawn of Multimen certainly changes how we group now. I find this a good thing. My guild is rather small and we're doing well if we have six players on at a time. Sure it's harder to slot into a group now that everyone is running three toons. However, it's easier to find one friend, and start your own full party.

Ankama has also smartly, (I can't believe I just said that), restricted what content Multimen can participate in. This makes certain content like UB's still require a regular party to encourage the MMO play.

This is the first update the good has over shadowed the bad in awhile for me. That's saying a lot considering the Challenge system and PP nerf for the time being. I've actually resubbed on Nox. Not because of the update, I just need my Wakfu fix.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - December 13, 2013, 16:36:00.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté December 13, 2013, 22:17:24 | #188
As long as sidekicks won't be allowed in any form of PVP or UB fights, and as long as classes will be better then multimen then i will accept them as lesser evil.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-08-15
posté December 14, 2013, 10:43:36 | #189

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 13 December 2013 08:49) *
You can't though, so you might want to take the word MMO out of your comment.

This is a p2p, p2w single player game with an online chatroom as of the last update.
This whole "This update makes this game P2W" conversation is absolutely insane.

Multiman aren't usable in UBs. They will be removed from PVP pending future updates, they aren't fully leveled characters you can buy. They aren't overpowered titans of the server, their stats are not predetermined like their Dofus Era counter-parts. They do not require real life money to obtain, as they are obtainable via the in-game market, achievements, and subscription gifts. They require a timely amount of effort just to make them reasonably unusable.

Where do we draw the line with this? Paying to win is exactly that. Paying to win. If the Multiman are infact a P2W servivce than we might as well call subscribing P2W. Since you're paying for the access of these services at low levels, and must put work into them to achieve the "Winning" aspect of the game, which is the exact same thing you do when you pay money to subscribe to Wakfu.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-02-27
posté January 07, 2014, 13:06:29 | #190
So, I'm a little confused about multimen still, in regards to prospecting... And I went through the thread, but it was still confusing...

WILL A MOD/DEV PLEASE CLARIFY or if someone has already gotten the clarification straight from Ankama, will they please link to the info?

Basically I want to know this:

I have base 100 + 20 pp from gear on my character.
One multi has gear that has 82 pp, the other has gear that has 115 pp.
There is an item that is a 400 pp lock.

I can or cannot get this item that has 400 pp lock if it is just me and my 2 multis? If yes, please explain. If no, please explain.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-12-10
posté January 07, 2014, 13:29:55 | #191

Quote (FeldePard @ 07 January 2014 13:06) *
So, I'm a little confused about multimen still, in regards to prospecting... And I went through the thread, but it was still confusing...

WILL A MOD/DEV PLEASE CLARIFY or if someone has already gotten the clarification straight from Ankama, will they please link to the info?

Basically I want to know this:

I have base 100 + 20 pp from gear on my character.
One multi has gear that has 82 pp, the other has gear that has 115 pp.
There is an item that is a 400 pp lock.

I can or cannot get this item that has 400 pp lock if it is just me and my 2 multis? If yes, please explain. If no, please explain.

Multiman only reroll for items you dont drop with 100 pp, and also only count for 100 pp each. Wisdom and PP from gear don´t work on Sidekicks!

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-02-27
posté January 07, 2014, 13:49:38 | #192
While that was information, it wasn't an explanation with mod/dev evidence. So.. uh.. thanks but.. it wasn't very helpful and had no source.

One of the reasons I am asking this is because before I gear my multis, I go into a battle.. I drop.. 1 key, a couple resource items, and that's it. But when I gear my multis, I drop 3 keys in one battle, twice as much resources, several gear items, etc. So I was wondering what the depth of gearing multis for pp actually did, and whether it broke pp locks, as per something the devs/mods actually state (which was why I asked for a link to a source remark? and dev/mod explanation not entirely player explanation since I get a lot of he said, she said when it comes to people telling me how pp on multis work.)

posté January 07, 2014, 17:32:43 | #193

Quote (FeldePard @ 07 January 2014 13:49) *
While that was information, it wasn't an explanation with mod/dev evidence. So.. uh.. thanks but.. it wasn't very helpful and had no source.

One of the reasons I am asking this is because before I gear my multis, I go into a battle.. I drop.. 1 key, a couple resource items, and that's it. But when I gear my multis, I drop 3 keys in one battle, twice as much resources, several gear items, etc. So I was wondering what the depth of gearing multis for pp actually did, and whether it broke pp locks, as per something the devs/mods actually state (which was why I asked for a link to a source remark? and dev/mod explanation not entirely player explanation since I get a lot of he said, she said when it comes to people telling me how pp on multis work.)

And without evidence to back it up we can't take it on faith your geared MM are increasing your drop rates. There are many factors to account for. To my knowledge MM work as Daniel explained.

Ankama has explained how MM are 'supposed' to work. If you don't believe them, and to be fair, you shouldn't considering how buggy the game is. Any new feature or change Ankama makes I look at this way: Whatever Ankama intended a new feature to work like means very little with how poorly Wakfu is coded and tested. You need to make in game tests.

I still don't recall any definitive information about how effective using Purge is on a bag. If we want to confront Ankama... find an item with a PP lock and high drop rate. Verify the PP lock, and test away gearing MM to give your team a different PP lock value. After that you can determine how the extra roll we are given actually works. There are many factors with gear, challenges, and deaths to consider. It can be done though.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-05-10
posté February 07, 2014, 11:09:51 | #194
It is avaible to 6 months o3 1 year subs? already or not??? im not seing in the gift...

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 07, 2014, 12:41:50 | #195

Quote (KazyK @ 07 February 2014 11:09) *
It is avaible to 6 months o3 1 year subs? already or not??? im not seing in the gift...
I think this promotion ended a while ago  

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté August 03, 2014, 04:22:50 | #196
p2win