Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Sidekicks
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2008-05-13
posté November 28, 2013, 18:55:22 | #21
The game is not becoming P2W, as it has been P2W since multi clienting was allowed at first. With this update, even though multimen aren't as good as players, it'll facilitate the life of people that do not like to have two, three, four, five or even six different personalities.

I am able to play up to two, three accounts but I find it rather boring and somehow game breaking. With this update I'll be finally able to do some stuff that I never find reliable people up for.

And one thing, for those saying that they're weak for endgame content. I'd not gamble this information, I've taken a look in a Dofus Multimen testing video that shows that their damage/support ability is comparable to classes, just not as good as. I'd gamble 10-20% weaker.

The fire one was doing more damage with spells than a level 200 Enutrof. Of course the Enutrof beats it in close combat

Now for PvP: I quite don't agree with that, you should rethink about allowing them in PvP.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - November 28, 2013, 18:57:35.
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-17
posté November 28, 2013, 18:56:40 | #22
Why in the world (of twelve) would you let sidekicks be used in PVP? Are you kidding me? NO, NO, NOOOOO!!!! I can't wait for the ganking parties people are gonna have with this.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté November 28, 2013, 19:01:31 | #23
I don't know why everyone is complaining about the pvp thing it's not like multiclienters haven't been ganking for months now this just gives single clienters a chance to fight back a little bit which is a good thing

And it's nice to know they're tradable since everyone started spouting some rumour that they weren't because you guys said linked to the account feels good to be right

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-11-05
posté November 28, 2013, 19:08:56 | #24
What MiniMikeh said. It'd be more tactical and interesting to see what types of Multimen someone brings into PvP. If you don't want to use them, then make sure you're opponent knows the terms of battle. You don't have to fight someone if you don't want to. This is all optional, don't freak the hell out just because of this.

You all seem to forget that this entire feature is OPTIONAL. Even for PvP.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-06-29
posté November 28, 2013, 19:15:53 | #25

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 28 November 2013 19:01) *
I don't know why everyone is complaining about the pvp thing it's not like multiclienters haven't been ganking for months now this just gives single clienters a chance to fight back a little bit which is a good thing

And it's nice to know they're tradable since everyone started spouting some rumour that they weren't because you guys said linked to the account feels good to be right

Because multiclienting before for PvP meant you were spending a good chunk of money to do so every month. It was an investment that deterred people.

Multimen is the opposite, and makes it incredibly convenient to gank people with a team of 3 (or 6), using only two accounts. People that want to PvP now can gear up three people to gank people with their PvP-centric multimen + themselves with ease.

But the people who don't want to PvP are now more susceptible to ganking. They may not have multimen themselves (in which case they're just screwed whenever it becomes 3v1), or their multimen will be used for PvE (and therefore not geared for PvP). If you didn't want to PvP before and disliked the PKing, you're going to be hating it even more now as you're required to get two multimen to defend yourself from theirs, or just get owned anytime someone decides to fight you.

It just makes things worse for people that don't want to PvP. For those that do, I'm sure they're excited for the possibilities and strategies that might come up as a result.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté November 28, 2013, 19:18:05 | #26
There's no current PvP incentives other than e-peen measuring so it's not a big deal.  

posté November 28, 2013, 19:21:49 | #27

Quote (Asthis @ 28 November 2013 19:18) *
There's no current PvP incentives other than e-peen measuring so it's not a big deal.

That hasn't stopped people from PKing others since beta--people will do it just because they can, even if there's no incentive. Adding multimen into this equation makes it worse for unbalancing the sides.

posté November 28, 2013, 19:28:59 | #28

Quote (Taku- @ 28 November 2013 19:21) *

That hasn't stopped people from PKing others since beta--people will do it just because they can, even if there's no incentive. Adding multimen into this equation makes it worse for unbalancing the sides.
After several months of playing on dathura I haven't been pk'd once. Blame the people you play with not the feature.

Not gonna start a server war but seriously just leave the fights being pk'd does literally nothing just ignore them

This post has been edited by MiniMikeh - November 28, 2013, 19:30:14.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-01-12
posté November 28, 2013, 19:32:19 | #29
This is so exciting!

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2006-03-30
posté November 28, 2013, 19:38:53 | #30

Quote (Troyle @ 28 November 2013 17:00) *
and will also offer you an additional roll for the loot. In other words, a Sidekick will increase your chances to loot.

Wait, so a sidekick offers "an additional roll for the loot"? Or do you mean that they roll in the same way as an addition player would, because these two are very different...

posté November 28, 2013, 19:40:51 | #31

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 28 November 2013 19:28) *

Quote (Taku- @ 28 November 2013 19:21) *

After several months of playing on dathura I haven't been pk'd once. Blame the people you play with not the feature.

Not gonna start a server war but seriously just leave the fights being pk'd does literally nothing just ignore them

You're completely missing the point.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-11-05
posté November 28, 2013, 19:49:05 | #32
As are you, Taku. PvP are currently initiated in very few ways. One of them is PKing, which you wouldn't be able to do much of anyways if someone much higher than you in levels did so, and that's only in places that are not safe zones, I.E. Outposts, towns, etc. The other is a friendly duel. This one is initiated when someone asks you for a fight. You do understand that it ASKS you whether you want to fight, right? And even if you do go in seeing a Multiman squad, there is no penalty for giving up like PKing would've otherwise had.

The point is, you don't realize that PvPing isn't a big issue due to the mechanics and Multimen is completely an optional part to any battle, even PvEing. I don't mean to be rude, but simply said, your complaints are petty. In the sense that they don't mean much when there is no imminent threat.

The first part of what I said wasn't for you. Please don't take the first to heart. It's for the others posting against pvping. The second part, yeah, a little bit. Just understand that as where we stand, there is no real threat. If one does come up after the release of Multimen, then be sure to slap it in my face.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-01-13
posté November 28, 2013, 19:58:02 | #33
lol Now 6-boxers will have 3 groups you must kill to successfully pk one person.
This will be interesting xD

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté November 28, 2013, 20:16:19 | #34
Im exited and worried at the same time. It does sounds nice but it may also ruin the game. And still, I would prefer Ankama to focus on more important things but it's just me...

posté November 28, 2013, 20:29:02 | #35

Quote (Reiganleaf @ 28 November 2013 19:49) *
As are you, Taku. PvP are currently initiated in very few ways. One of them is PKing, which you wouldn't be able to do much of anyways if someone much higher than you in levels did so, and that's only in places that are not safe zones, I.E. Outposts, towns, etc. The other is a friendly duel. This one is initiated when someone asks you for a fight. You do understand that it ASKS you whether you want to fight, right? And even if you do go in seeing a Multiman squad, there is no penalty for giving up like PKing would've otherwise had.

The point is, you don't realize that PvPing isn't a big issue due to the mechanics and Multimen is completely an optional part to any battle, even PvEing. I don't mean to be rude, but simply said, your complaints are petty. In the sense that they don't mean much when there is no imminent threat.

The first part of what I said wasn't for you. Please don't take the first to heart. It's for the others posting against pvping. The second part, yeah, a little bit. Just understand that as where we stand, there is no real threat. If one does come up after the release of Multimen, then be sure to slap it in my face.

I know how PvP works. You, however, aren't in a position to tell anybody else whether PvP is or isn't a big deal, especially when 3/5 of your characters on your posting account aren't even high enough level to participate in it.

Multimen are "optional" just like having good gear is "optional". You can opt not to wear the best gear available to you, but you're just shooting yourself in the foot for doing so. The same will be true of Multimen.

I know where you and others in the "we" stand, you've made it clear you do not think it's a big deal. That doesn't invalidate the opinions and concerns of others, and to simply dismiss them is asking for them to do the same to you, because you really have no basis for doing so. You haven't provided any evidence for why it isn't a big deal, just that you don't think it is. Great.

Beyond the passive-aggressive nature of your post, you really didn't contribute anything and you should just stay out of it if that's all you've got to offer. Minimike already made the same point as you, including the patronizing method of disagreeing.

posté November 28, 2013, 20:34:56 | #36
Your credibility literally flew out the window when you used their forum accounts characters as some sort of ego boost for yourself. Especially with names like "Lord Of War" and "Lord Of Death"

Not everyone plays on their forum accounts myself included. Now you're just coming off as a self absorbed dick.

This post has been edited by MiniMikeh - November 28, 2013, 20:36:03.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-01-13
posté November 28, 2013, 20:37:25 | #37
Do I have to level a multi man for each character on my account or will they carry over?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté November 28, 2013, 20:38:40 | #38
Aside from the PvP use I'm really excited for this. Even in PvP, at least I'll have a little more chance vs gankers than I do now, so that's nice?

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-11-07
posté November 28, 2013, 20:39:04 | #39
Did you guys notice you can name your own multiman?

Shweet!

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-07
posté November 28, 2013, 20:50:08 | #40
To those saying this is optional, do you really think people will let you in the group over an additional loot role and multiman xp?

No, we will be forced to play solo as now it will be much harder to find a group willing to take you, to adapt to only way is to do the same thing.