Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Sidekicks
Community Helper * Member Since 2013-01-14
posté November 28, 2013, 21:01:27 | #41
Oh man, I better start buying up some gear!

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-09-01
posté November 28, 2013, 21:05:58 | #42

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 28 November 2013 20:34) *
Your credibility literally flew out the window when you used their forum accounts characters as some sort of ego boost for yourself. Especially with names like "Lord Of War" and "Lord Of Death"

Not everyone plays on their forum accounts myself included. Now you're just coming off as a self absorbed dick.

How was I ego boosting? It's simply a fact: You're not even vulnerable to being PK'd until you're over level 15. 3/5 of this characters are underneath that level, therefore he wouldn't even have to worry about it. It has nothing to do with ego.

You wanna talk about being self-absorbed? You stated your server then said you didn't wanna start a server war. Dick? You said to blame it on other people, rather than the feature. You have no room to be saying anything about others to begin with.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-11-05
posté November 28, 2013, 21:11:24 | #43
Much as I was trying to be polite, I must agree with MiniMikeh again. You don't understand my position, (in actuality, this is my alt account that I've been using after losing my main where I had everything.)

It isn't any of your business to tell me whether I have specific knowledge of something or not. The point of it still stands, I'm making an opinion, one that is rooted with the constant happenings that I've been seeing with the game itself. That means forum lurking, in-game lurking, and even beta lurking.

I said petty, meaning insignificant. That doesn't mean I'm dismissing it as a whole, that just means that I see the problem as too far small to actually russle my jammies and cry out in righteous fury. And no, your analogy of gear and Multimen are completely wrong. "Shooting yourself in the foot".

Oh sorry, did I forget to mention that you could simply ask the other person not to use Multimen before a duel or you'd call off a duel? PKing is a whole different story though, but we're taking about competitive PvP, right? Ya know, the thing that actually matters? People have created entire builds from solo pvp-play, if you're adapting a build for Multimen and choosing to fight other Multimenerrssss, then you're the only one to blame.

The fact that they exist in PvP changes NOTHING at all if people don't want it that way, if YOU don't want it that way. If you're so gung-ho of sticking to win a fight after someone has PKed you or every time you get asked for a duel, then that too is your own fault.

None of what I'm saying is actual FACT. In the end, it's an opinion. A rational opinion grounded with the knowledge that accompanies the wise in a certain subject. You need to open up your mind and accept this. Accept that opinions matter just as much in the grand scheme of life than facts. Opinions who waged wars and made world-famous paintings, opinions that govern the decisions of those who govern countries. Opinions that shape a game by the opinions of it's players.

Oh and, stop being so mean. I made the effort to make my previous comment as polite as possible. If you want people to respect your OPINION, then at least be decent about it.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-15
posté November 28, 2013, 21:15:33 | #44
And to those who think its not P2W, these things are trade-able and will have huge demand, so anyone with enough money can simply buy as many multimen as he wants and sell them on the market, then have enough kamas to buy anything they want.

posté November 28, 2013, 21:20:29 | #45
@HakazabaJub: Okay, let's blame the game and the company behind it for what the players decide to do with it's features!

That's not nice Haka... That's like me blaming you for giving me a rootbeer lollipop that I don't like and you didn't know whether I liked it or not.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-09-01
posté November 28, 2013, 21:23:47 | #46
Not gonna bother with all of it 'cause I'm on my way out, but it's silly to even bring up duels at all. You are right in that you can just state terms ahead of time, therefore it's a moot point--duels aren't an issue at play here. Stop even bringing them up, 'cause I haven't and you already know they aren't a problem.

I care about the situations where you can't stipulate terms to find an even ground--the times where it's imbalancing or can be one-sided in a number of ways.

Quote (Reiganleaf @ 28 November 2013 21:11) *
Oh and, stop being so mean. I made the effort to make my previous comment as polite as possible. If you want people to respect your OPINION, then at least be decent about it.

I haven't been mean, but I have pointed out the fact that you and minimikeh have both been patronizing to others that had a different point of view. Try taking your own advice, and avoid calling people petty in the future just because you disagree with them.

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté November 28, 2013, 21:27:07 | #47

Quote (HakazabaJub @ 28 November 2013 21:15) *
And to those who think its not P2W, these things are trade-able and will have huge demand, so anyone with enough money can simply buy as many multimen as he wants and sell them on the market, then have enough kamas to buy anything they want.
They will not really have a significant demand as you would think. Ask anyone who runs high level content, they will tell you that they seem good for normal mobs but not those high dungeons. Sidekicks will have many disadvantages compared to an actual player. Furthermore, Ankama is going to semi-revamp classes in the first quarter of 2014 to provide better growth after 100, which implies changes to specialties such as adding more for certain builds such as Gobgob Osa that only have 4 specialties.Thus, there will be an even larger gap after that, whether they actually implement it in the first quarter or later. Lastly, even when Makas were in very high demand they were cheap. Why spend 12 dollars to get some kamas that won't go very far? Expect the same from these Sidekicks where people flood the market with them, but unlike Makas at the release they are not really desired.

Smithmagic Hammers will be a better buy for kamas I bet.

posté November 28, 2013, 21:34:34 | #48
And I'm saying that there doesn't exist any grounds where you won't be able to stipulate those very terms. The only time where this isn't optional is PKing, but like I said, that's entirely a different story. There is never any grounds for PKing, so as to not even bother with that aspect. I bring up duels because they're one of the only PvPing methods that MATTER for people wanting the PvP aspect. And I wasn't by any means calling you petty. I was using the word as an example to state the problems that will arise with Multimen PvP. INSIGNIFICANT.

With that said, it is safe to say that I wasn't patronizing you. And you WERE being mean by the use of prejudice, calling me out on my knowledge of PvPing just because of my character levels without knowing my situation.

posté November 28, 2013, 21:34:57 | #49

Quote (Reiganleaf @ 28 November 2013 21:20) *
@HakazabaJub: Okay, let's blame the game and the company behind it for what the players decide to do with it's features!

That's not nice Haka... That's like me blaming you for giving me a rootbeer lollipop that I don't like and you didn't know whether I liked it or not.
Actually its like me throwing fried chicken into a crowd of starving people. its my fault they ended up clawing eachothers eyes out fighting over it.

A good designer knows there will always be people who will try their hardest to abuse the system to their benefit, it is their nature, blaming them for it is like blaming those starving people for eating each other.

I will blame the designer, i think i could do a better job with Wakfu than Ankama.

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 28 November 2013 21:27) *

Quote (HakazabaJub @ 28 November 2013 21:15) *
They will not really have a significant demand as you would think. Ask anyone who runs high level content, they will tell you that they seem good for normal mobs but not those high dungeons. Sidekicks will have many disadvantages compared to an actual player. Furthermore, Ankama is going to semi-revamp classes in the first quarter of 2014 to provide better growth after 100, which implies changes to specialties such as adding more for certain builds such as Gobgob Osa that only have 4 specialties.Thus, there will be an even larger gap after that, whether they actually implement it in the first quarter or later. Lastly, even when Makas were in very high demand they were cheap. Why spend 12 dollars to get some kamas that won't go very far? Expect the same from these Sidekicks where people flood the market with them, but unlike Makas at the release they are not really desired.

Smithmagic Hammers will be a better buy for kamas I bet.
Hmm, i agree Smithmagic hammers will have more demand (comes with more competition), but i wouldn't underestimate what people would pay for another loot role when they are not already multiclienting.

Also there are already quite a few hammers floating around in-game already and its possible to stock up on them before this change comes, so at least initially multimen will have a lot less competition on the market.

I think there will be alot more demand for these than makas had, as there is nothing in the game currently that performs their role unless you are paying for more accounts.

This post has been edited by HakazabaJub - November 28, 2013, 21:45:25.
posté November 28, 2013, 21:43:37 | #50
So we let nature dictate our humanity? Will you submit to being a pawn of the natural life? Rationally, I feel that Azazeal and the others thought of this with good intentions. For a solo-player, it's very difficult to play the game and enjoy the full contents due to the difficulty of the game when playing solo. For groups, they only exist to fill the gaps. This was the good intentions.

In the end, they are a company, they need to stay afloat somehow, and they reward their players with subscription bonuses and extra goodies to help them along their way if they can afford it. Without condoning, or condemning.

It's you who is deciding this. Not them. Prejudice.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-04-27
posté November 28, 2013, 21:43:54 | #51

Quote (HakazabaJub @ 28 November 2013 20:50) *
To those saying this is optional, do you really think people will let you in the group over an additional loot role and multiman xp?

No, we will be forced to play solo as now it will be much harder to find a group willing to take you, to adapt to only way is to do the same thing.

unfortunatley this is the pure truth

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté November 28, 2013, 21:52:33 | #52
i think i back Wakfu!!! :]

Sidekick = +loot i happy :] (not must multi acc)

posté November 28, 2013, 21:58:21 | #53

Quote (Reiganleaf @ 28 November 2013 21:43) *
So we let nature dictate our humanity? Will you submit to being a pawn of the natural life? Rationally, I feel that Azazeal and the others thought of this with good intentions. For a solo-player, it's very difficult to play the game and enjoy the full contents due to the difficulty of the game when playing solo. For groups, they only exist to fill the gaps. This was the good intentions.

In the end, they are a company, they need to stay afloat somehow, and they reward their players with subscription bonuses and extra goodies to help them along their way if they can afford it. Without condoning, or condemning.

It's you who is deciding this. Not them. Prejudice.
Humanity is our nature, we have natural lives, what the hell are you talking about? XD

Yeah, i hope that it is their intention to help out solo players, i really hope they fail to see the consequences doing this will have.

In the long term, this will be creating more solo players, as groups can be fulled with less accounts and they things that they full hold more personal benefit to the people in the group than a normal player through extra drop roles.

people who currently can run into saddida kingdom or ice floe and ask to join groups will find it much more difficult, they will end up being forced to make a decision between buying multimen or quitting.

I really hope that Ankama doesn't realize this, i really do. Because if this is all intentional then its just a blatant cash grab.

Please let me continue thinking they are stupid and not evil.

PS: "Rationally, i feel" was painful to read

This post has been edited by HakazabaJub - November 28, 2013, 22:01:28.
posté November 28, 2013, 22:00:02 | #54
My definition for humanity is the thoughts and actions that separate us from animals.

That includes nature and instinct.

posté November 28, 2013, 22:08:02 | #55

Quote (Reiganleaf @ 28 November 2013 22:00) *
My definition for humanity is the thoughts and actions that separate us from animals.

That includes nature and instinct.
Interesting, i think humans 'are' animals. The only difference being knowledge.

Infact 'humane' is my most hated word, since humans are capable of the most cruelty out of all animals.

I enjoy discussing this kind of thing would you like to continue this philosophical conversation somewhere else?

posté November 28, 2013, 22:09:48 | #56
That'd be fun! Err... hmm. Not sure how to go about it though.

posté November 28, 2013, 22:10:32 | #57
Ill sent you an ankabox message

PS: Our avatars and what we are discussing is making me

This post has been edited by HakazabaJub - November 28, 2013, 22:36:10.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-06-25
posté November 28, 2013, 23:15:31 | #58
Now u know why fix a pp cap so low like 150, multimen will help u with more drops, feel like a child asking where from the babies come...

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-10-12
posté November 28, 2013, 23:28:26 | #59
Love it!

posté November 28, 2013, 23:44:43 | #60
Epic. Now fix FECAS so i can play again ffs