Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

Revamping the experience curve
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2009-09-26
posté December 04, 2013, 22:45:28 | #41
So wait let me get this straight. You're capping wis and pp for a system that most people didn't ask for? And to get the old drop rates and xp you -need- to use it? Why is this going in again?

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-06-02
posté December 04, 2013, 22:52:51 | #42

Quote (Ninjjo @ 04 December 2013 22:45) *
So wait let me get this straight. You're capping wis and pp for a system that most people didn't ask for? And to get the old drop rates and xp you -need- to use it? Why is this going in again?
Where do you see it saying that you need to do challenges to get the same xp and drops as before?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté December 04, 2013, 22:54:32 | #43
The PP cap should be 200. :c

Community Helper * Member Since 2013-01-13
posté December 04, 2013, 23:22:33 | #44
Aw, I just gathered all the matts for an Apprentice Set too :'(

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté December 04, 2013, 23:26:05 | #45
So you added new wis sets to the game that are very hard to make, nerf their wis, and when exp revamp comes, nerf the wis again? Why were they even added to the game?

posté December 04, 2013, 23:35:10 | #46

Quote (tashlol @ 04 December 2013 23:22) *
I'll go ahead and take those off your hands.

As long as they're still good for tri-ele chars I don't really care what they do to the wisdom of them.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté December 04, 2013, 23:41:55 | #47
With the challenge bonuses along with the wisdom set bonus you would have overkill wisdom if wisdom sets weren't changed, so the superfluous wisdom - although counted in the stat weight of the items - would be useless. So you can expect the items to be changed to -wisdom, +damage. It's not a nerf at all, although this might be a good time to get a good deal off panic sellers.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-07-02
posté December 05, 2013, 00:33:47 | #48
Thanks for your replies guys, I am excited to see the changes and I truly hope that the exp revamp promotes the growth of the player base.

I am still concerned with the issue of multi boxing, although there are advantages to multi clienting. We have to understand that there is also a fee. As a company Ankama has to understand that we also contribute 3-6x more in subscription than the regular player/ single account does. So I hope to gain some understanding from the company upon revamp, personally I enjoy solo-play with my... 5 mini-mes... I actually can't enjoy the game with out them.

Also I hope to see a pp revamp soon since I feel like my enus spine has been ripped out alive. I carry 350 pp on my enu after accumulating my bonus, this has taken a lot of hard work, accumulating gear, leveling my crafts to 100 to make my imperial rings and etc. So this is a breath taking hit to my gut, I hope we receive more details on this soon... Since this barely touches the surface of the pp problem.

like I am sure a lot of people are wondering if: "did the grind for gear just get worse" ? After all we have been complaining about the grind for gear for months now.

Big changes hover in our horizon. For the most part they are good, I am just worried about a few things here and there

This post has been edited by aquabeauty - December 05, 2013, 00:46:30.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté December 05, 2013, 01:34:05 | #49
That's great, but where is my Sram revamp? :

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté December 05, 2013, 02:32:40 | #50
I imagine the grind for gear will be worse in the short term. The PP loss from Enu's and the only way to make up for it are challenges. I like the idea of challenges but i have a feeling they will be more annoying and unpredictable than anything else.

Once Ankama implements the second half of it's planned PP changes I expect the grind for gear to be better.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-02-16
posté December 05, 2013, 03:12:42 | #51
"The second highest level character of your account will now gain twice more experience"

YES!

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-06-11
posté December 05, 2013, 03:28:29 | #52
Man... i really hate the 2nd highest = 2x more, third = 3x more.
I really hated dofus for adding this, and now wakfu is adding this crap too.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-10-31
posté December 05, 2013, 04:29:57 | #53

Quote (TheMightyShell @ 04 December 2013 23:35) *

Quote (tashlol @ 04 December 2013 23:22) *
I'll go ahead and take those off your hands.

As long as they're still good for tri-ele chars I don't really care what they do to the wisdom of them.

Hopefully they at least get some slight buffs with the wisdom nerf.

posté December 05, 2013, 05:28:08 | #54

Quote (MikuH4tsun3 @ 05 December 2013 03:28) *
Man... i really hate the 2nd highest = 2x more, third = 3x more.
I really hated dofus for adding this, and now wakfu is adding this crap too.
What do you hate about it?

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-10-25
posté December 05, 2013, 06:22:24 | #55
Combat penalty
First, you will no longer have to cast a spell to gain experience for the fight.

Also, penalty in case of death was too limiting and generated complicated situations. For example, it was often not interesting to sacrifice yourself for an ally, or take too much risk for him. Similarly, resurrection abilities were just a necessity to avoid anyone being left aside in terms of reward. Overall, it was just too frustrating to not receive experience and loots for helping your team win a fight by sacrificing yourself.

So? what did you actually do with this? will we no longer "die" when we get ko-d in battle?

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-02-10
posté December 05, 2013, 06:55:21 | #56
Can someone explain the exp vs lvl monster thing?

Let's say I am lvl 15 and I'm in a three-man group with a lvl 12 and lvl 18 ( total level 35 )
do we get the normal 100% exp if we fight a group of 3 monsters which total level is 35-45, or is it based on the individual level of the monsters? for example, do we get the normal 100% exp gain if we fight a group of 3 monster with each is level 20 but a total of level 60

This post has been edited by Vonboe - December 05, 2013, 08:04:58.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-01-19
posté December 05, 2013, 07:58:05 | #57
How does this new experience curve affect our spell experience? Will we get a loss of spell experience since our needed experience for each level is lowered?

Scary Polter * Member Since 2007-11-27
posté December 05, 2013, 08:26:32 | #58
It would be nice if the exp for mob pack will be printed on mob group pop-up (like in dofus) to actually see which group is suitable to fight (of course the challenges will modify the final values but at least we would know the relative difference)

Star system (again from dofus) is an excellent feature too, I'd like to see this in wakfu.

Too bad capping the pp would not be compensated with drop chances revamp.

Good to see the secondary characters exp boost, nice feature.

No need to cast spells - very good.

Gain exp, loot on death with party win - sweet. (It would be even better if a dead person will revive after party victory, if not, I expect kenko will be as popular as bread).

Challenges - awesome. (I expect they would be modified/added/removed/debugged a lot).

Many good changes, many questionable (at least we will see how this will turn out in couple of days after revamp)

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2013-10-31
posté December 05, 2013, 08:34:33 | #59

Quote (Vonboe @ 05 December 2013 06:55) *
Can someone explain the exp vs lvl monster thing?
Pimento2 just did a great explanation on page 2 of this thread. Post #28. 

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-05-12
posté December 05, 2013, 12:41:01 | #60

Quote (Pimento2 @ 04 December 2013 19:51) *
If I am reading the revamp correctly, the revamp actually helps address this issue. Take a level 60 character killing a group of 6 polters (level 50 each, level 300 in total). The current system compares the total group level of the groups in battle (60 versus 300) and applies penalties based on that. Specifically, if the enemy group level is greater than 2.05 * character group level + 70, the characters receive 0 exp, which is clearly the case in this situation (300 > 2.05*60 + 70). The big problem with the current system is its emphasis on total group level, which is clearly flawed when considering the difficulty of two level 150 enemies versus six level 50 enemies.

In the new system, total group levels no longer matter. Exp modifiers are now based on individual player level, average enemy level, and number of combatants on both sides. In this case, the player's level (60) in within 10 levels of the average enemy level (50) and thus doesn't get any exp penalty for that. The player is outnumbered by five, so the exp given by those five enemies is reduced by 50%. This results in getting 3.5x the normal exp for a polter for completing the fight rather than 0x in the current system..

Players getting an exp penalty for fighting an enemy group with far higher enemy average level exists to counter power leveling. Remember that this is based on individual level and not group level, so if a level 60 and level 130 fight a group of two level 130 enemies, the level 60 appropriately gets 0 exp and the level 130 gets normal exp, as the level 60 would not be able to significantly contribute in this fight. This is not the case in the current exp system, which only considers the total group level (130 + 60 versus 130 + 130), allowing for power leveling. This really shouldn't affect solo players anyways as it is extremely inefficient to solo things far higher level than them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you still "power" level a lower character by bringing a higher level to the fight?

A level 140 and a level 60 fight a group of 6 level 50 polters.

Wouldn't the level 60 still gain 2x the experience and the fight would go by much faster than if they had done it solo?

2 players fighting 6 monsters will get 200% of the experience of a combat versus one monster. ((6-2 * 50% / 2 = 100%)

This strategy would also allow the low character to wear full wisdom (or pp) gear since they wouldn't need to do any damage with a higher level character carrying them.

They would also be free to complete challenges for bonus wis and pp, again since they wouldn't need to do any damage or limit themselves to a certain playstyle.

Also since the monsters are lower level they wouldn't be at a high risk to die, unlike what can happen in current power leveling when one attack can kill a leecher.

Hell if you fought one of the new groups of 7 mobs couldn't you hit a 2.25x multiplier?

While the higher level doesn't get any experience at all I think it's balanced by the fact most people I know only power level their own alts rather than every person they come across.

But once you get one character max (high enough) level you could use this strategy to get a friends character to max (high enough) level and they could use that character to get your next character up and then you get their next up; rinse, repeat, profit.

And with the future bonus to alt xp it would get easier with each new character after the first.

Again you could do this to yourself if you have two accounts you just need to get one max level character to start the chain.

All these ideas are based on the premise that I stated at the start being true.

PS
Hurry with the sram and feca revamps so you guys can fix the Sadi, kthx

This post has been edited by Loneith - December 05, 2013, 13:13:43.
Reason for edit : cleaned up the multiquotes