Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Class Revamp - Feca
posté February 05, 2014, 04:35:35 | #341
Newbie, this is to ensure excellent quality for this revamp, which Ankama notoriously fails to do, especially with support classes.

-Rizarealm

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 05, 2014, 09:06:26 | #342

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 05 February 2014 04:35) *
Newbie, this is to ensure excellent quality for this revamp, which Ankama notoriously fails to do, especially with support classes.

-Rizarealm
No matter how long they decide to hold of releasing it officially the best test will come from real use. (inside actual servers, not beta) We'll have a week or two of hotfixes / changes regardless of when its released.

posté February 05, 2014, 17:07:59 | #343
Ok that's good!

-Rizarealm

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 06, 2014, 16:53:20 | #344
Hi everyone,

We just updated the Feca Class revamp devblog with the latest changes which are highlighted in teal for better visibility.

Happy reading and we look forward to your feedback!

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2009-11-06
posté February 06, 2014, 18:16:03 | #345
so.... nerfed before the revamp happens?? that is what i see tbh

at least if you are going to lessen things make teleportation not just in a straight line since that is losing a lot of lock and a lot of resist with this change....

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-06-24
posté February 06, 2014, 18:47:40 | #346
Still full of wrong numbers, like e.g. the Fecahammer costs or the earth scaling in water branch-spells.

Pls give us feedback to these wrong informations. I promise you you won't be heard anyway, so what?

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-08-16
posté February 06, 2014, 19:08:08 | #347
@shamgar : i dont totally get what you are saying, but if/when they fix the +10 per AP at the start of your turn. You are guaranteed 30 % more resists throughout the fight with a 10 ap build. You actually get more resist than the other proposed idea. The other ideas was that you'd get 100 % of your lock ( cap'd at 100) So you had to absolutely get 100 lock( or more) out of fight before you could get another 100 from this passive. Now as long as you start you turn with 10 AP you get 100 lock.

I've spent quite some time playing around with the feca on the beta server. I thought a certain 'thing' was going to get nerf'd but its description on the devblog has not changed since the first set of ideas were proposed. I know the feca has not been officially released but it seems like that thing isnt going to get nerf'd. Not mentioning what it is cause i don't wanna jinx it, but that thing... does make the fire feca , hybrid or not, a lean mean DPT machine.

Water is just as strong as fire. Earths coag makes it an awesome tank. For now, im satisfied with these changes.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté February 06, 2014, 19:11:25 | #348

Quote (Beezle @ 06 February 2014 19:08) *
I've spent quite some time playing around with the feca on the beta server. I thought a certain 'thing' was going to get nerf'd but its description on the devblog has not changed since the first set of ideas were proposed. I know the feca has not been officially released but it seems like that thing isnt going to get nerf'd. Not mentioning what it is cause i don't wanna jinx it, but that thing... does make the fire feca , hybrid or not, a lean mean DPT machine.

That's just mean. I assumed you were talking about Defensive Orb until you mentioned Fire Feca. What's up?

This post has been edited by Gynrei - February 06, 2014, 19:11:40.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2009-11-06
posté February 06, 2014, 22:01:26 | #349
beta had the cap (which was bugged many other places)... the proposed did not have a cap... just saying

with that said... i looked at numbers i was going to pull... yea, i'm fine with it in the sense that it was a little too op and if you went tank really made you set on certain gears, this for tanking gives different opportunities than hope to only get best gear.

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-07-23
posté February 07, 2014, 01:51:59 | #350
I'm surprised they didn't nerf that. I really hope it carries over to Live so I can have some fun with my fire spec.

This post has been edited by Vaultic - February 07, 2014, 01:53:08.
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté February 07, 2014, 18:37:14 | #351
But now i want all support spells and passives max level. T_T

posté February 07, 2014, 19:46:25 | #352

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 04 February 2014 21:33) *
Postpone the feca revamp for 2 weeks, Sabi. Update the Beta Server with the revamp (including aesthetics). During that time frame we will test the feca and give quick feedback for final changes. Please!

-Rizarealm

Heck, no!

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-28
posté February 08, 2014, 02:09:37 | #353
On the Fecammer spell, it says it gives +40 Feca's Staff levels. What are Feca's Staff levels? And I hate to be the spelling lord today, but I'm not quite sure what Perfect Armo is either.

posté February 08, 2014, 08:42:52 | #354
@Marbowser: Maybe that's just a typo, the "feca staff levels" are probably the shield effect all other earth spells give.

Am i the only one that is very concerned about a Feca's ability to actualy, well, tank?
Sure fecas have plenty of tools for defense (resists, block, absorption, etc), but their positioning abilities are horrible. A push and pull that activate after the enemy ran off somewhere, a mid range LoS dependent teleport that is limited by WP and apperantly will be restricted to line only, and a 3 AP "taunt", also requiring LoS and with limited range.

Im seeing a Feca having a disastrous time trying to bring enemies close to try to tank them. And at higher levels stuns/lead legs/ pushes are sooo common that the poor tank will end up spending all his AP/MP flailing around trying to get a monster back next to him.

I know that when i fool around in the beta server i cant protect my sidekicks from black wabbits in most situations. If i taunt a normal wabbit he shoots his wabehemeha at me, but procedes to go to CC and massacre a sidekick. If i lock a fat wabbit he can just push me back, so i need to teleport somewhere where there is some wall stopping me from getting pushed. But then the little wabbit comes and gives me lead legs and there goes the lock. Fat wabbit escapes and so much for my WP usage.

Its not just fecas really. Sometimes im not sure if this game made their mind on supporting a tanking role or not. Too many abilities (like lead legs and stuns) remove lock, and it feels like that kinda kills the entire role when it happens. Iike having a monster cast a spell on a DD that makes him not deal damage for a turn. And too many abilities push us around (with too few ways to stabilize ourselves deliberatly).

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-10-05
posté February 08, 2014, 10:38:26 | #355

Quote (YetAnotherNewbie @ 08 February 2014 08:42) *
Am i the only one that is very concerned about a Feca's ability to actualy, well, tank?
Sure fecas have plenty of tools for defense (resists, block, absorption, etc), but their positioning abilities are horrible. A push and pull that activate after the enemy ran off somewhere, a mid range LoS dependent teleport that is limited by WP and apperantly will be restricted to line only, and a 3 AP "taunt", also requiring LoS and with limited range.
And too many abilities push us around (with too few ways to stabilize ourselves deliberatly)
While Teleportation will not be restricted to line, it seems you cannot use it if you do not face anyone (i.e. u HAVE to carry someone), which makes it impossible to "launch" yourself into a tanking position -.-

I would also really like to see a way to stabilize yourself. They could change Stabilization Aura so that if you face an enemy, you stabilize both you and the enemy at the end of your turn. And/or instead of pulling, Fecabo armor could make it harder to take a step away from the feca (it could cost 2MP per cell). If we are bad at making things move, we should at least be good at preventing them from moving.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 08, 2014, 12:36:39 | #356

Quote (Marbowser @ 08 February 2014 02:09) *
On the Fecammer spell, it says it gives +40 Feca's Staff levels. What are Feca's Staff levels? And I hate to be the spelling lord today, but I'm not quite sure what Perfect Armo is either.
Probably just a typo, and meant to be feca armour, and I guess theyre just forgetting an 'r' if theyre going for the american spelling.
I think fecammer and feca staff are the wrong way around
Each ap spent in the earth tree gives +8feca armour when the spell is lvl 100

I think some sort of stabilisation tool would be nice too, would have have to replace iops lock with it though? (otherwise we could build a castle out of cra altars!)
Maybe we could reverse this?
Stabilization: Will be applied to enemies in close combat with the Feca at the beginning of their turn (every other turn).and make it every other turn we become stabilised?

also, is there a lock cap for the new feca master, or can it go beyond 100? 

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-07-23
posté February 10, 2014, 00:22:11 | #357

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 08 February 2014 12:36) *

Quote (Marbowser @ 08 February 2014 02:09) *
Probably just a typo, and meant to be feca armour, and I guess theyre just forgetting an 'r' if theyre going for the american spelling.
I think fecammer and feca staff are the wrong way around
Each ap spent in the earth tree gives +8feca armour when the spell is lvl 100

I think some sort of stabilisation tool would be nice too, would have have to replace iops lock with it though? (otherwise we could build a castle out of cra altars!)
Maybe we could reverse this?
Stabilization: Will be applied to enemies in close combat with the Feca at the beginning of their turn (every other turn).and make it every other turn we become stabilised?

also, is there a lock cap for the new feca master, or can it go beyond 100?
The cap is 120 lock on the beta server.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2014-01-03
posté February 10, 2014, 10:39:01 | #358
Currently piecing together a fire/earth build with the new revamp and while I know changes aren't final yet, I have some questions mainly about stats.

Regarding stat points, 1ap 1mp is pretty much a given but should I dump into lock for my earth side of things or strength/intelligence for my fire side of things? It pretty much rounds down to about 200 lock vs 50% earth/fire. Personally in terms of function, it sounds like my earth side of things can barely function at all if I don't dump lock which is why I'm leaning towards putting points in lock but honestly I don't know how things go in high end and it would all be pointless if I get more than enough lock from gear. Alternatively I can dump something like 100 lock and rest on earth/intelligence.

Regarding specialties, I know the end revamp may have differing descriptions but basing off what we currently know of in beta, I judged peace armor to be not worth getting because of its high wp consumption and inability to cast on same person. Also I didn't want to bother with stabilizing enemies because I honestly can barely see any purpose. I've barely seen any enemies that teleport, all of them push me instead so I'd honestly rather get myself stabilized. If it were constant stabilize then it would be worth considering as well in PvP or so but since it's only every other turn, it means there's always going to be a turn where they can escape without stabilization anyway. Am I correct in judging these two to not be worth it?

posté February 10, 2014, 16:21:43 | #359
You cant stat 200 lock, it caps at 100.

I dont really think you can be "half a tank" If you wanna be a hybrid fire-earth DD, thats fine. But then i would suggest you use your points for interesting DD abilities (damage, crits, whatever is best for a DD) rather then lock.

I do not beleive items with earth/fire damages + lock exist to support a tank and hybrid earth/fire DD build.

Peace armor becomes 1 WP at higher levels. Its only 2 at the first. And there are quite a few enemies that have some sort of mobility ability that makes stabilizing them a interesting ability, but stabilization aura is one of the more "take only if you are strictly a tank" abilities, imho.

This post has been edited by YetAnotherNewbie - February 10, 2014, 16:24:15.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2014-01-03
posté February 10, 2014, 17:32:16 | #360

Quote (YetAnotherNewbie @ 10 February 2014 16:21) *
You cant stat 200 lock, it caps at 100.

I dont really think you can be "half a tank" If you wanna be a hybrid fire-earth DD, thats fine. But then i would suggest you use your points for interesting DD abilities (damage, crits, whatever is best for a DD) rather then lock.

I do not beleive items with earth/fire damages + lock exist to support a tank and hybrid earth/fire DD build.

Peace armor becomes 1 WP at higher levels. Its only 2 at the first. And there are quite a few enemies that have some sort of mobility ability that makes stabilizing them a interesting ability, but stabilization aura is one of the more "take only if you are strictly a tank" abilities, imho.
Regarding lock: Oops, I should have read the fine print.

That aside, I should have elaborated a bit I suppose.

My idea is that because from what I can see on current feca spells, *all* earth spells essentially give the same Feca absorption. This means that if excluding the armors/glyphs that come with the skill, shield-wise it makes absolutely no difference no matter what spell you use and most earth glyphs/armors are frankly uninteresting so far.

In addition, with how the spell exp is distributed for resists, it should basically mean that even if I dumped all of my spell exp into earth I would actually be losing resists than gaining any.

In that case I might as well choose a few useful earth spells and train the rest of my exp in fire so that I can deal damage when in a map that does not require me to tank. The only thing I'm uncertain about is whether or not more hits is better than less hits when it comes to triggering the shielding. I've noticed several monsters have buffs that cause trouble if you hit them many times and considering you won't be doing much damage as earth, that could be quite troublesome.

When I have to focus on tanking I can switch to a tank set but otherwise I can use an earth/fire hybrid set for usual fighting as I don't want to be a character that sits there doing next to nothing when not tanking.

My issue comes in that I'm unsure how useful lock actually is as I've had plenty of experience of being pushed away back and forth, rendering the lock pointless. If lock is useless then I should be dumping points into strength/intelligence for a stronger earth shield and higher fire damage (and more resists of course).

Specialty-wise I have an idea on what to get but I'm a bit afraid of dropping some specialties that later turn out to be crucial (even though they may be due for changes in the final revamp so it could be too early to say).

Peace armor and stabilization aura both seem very situational for me when compared to the others which are mostly universally useful which is why I'm considering dropping them from the specialty list.

tl;dr: Get 100 lock or go for earth% from strength instead?

This post has been edited by Ringa - February 10, 2014, 22:56:54.