Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

WIP: Craft Revamp
Miss Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #21
Yeah... I feel a little conflicted about this. I feel like all this effort is being put into this potential system but it doesn't really seem to address the issues with the current crafting system.

Like what other people are saying- the current system needs tweaking. You increasing the xp from crafts last time was a step in the right direction, but it's not enough. It's still a tedious grind to max it out (especially chef). I think that resource requirements should be reviewed. I think that most sets/items should be craft-able (except for maybe relics). I think that there should be a lot more craft only gear options.

Why do gathering professions get titles, but crafters don't? For every maxed crafting profession, players should be rewarded with an exclusive title and insignia/costume at the bare minimum. That's more than enough of an advertisement for crafters if word-of-mouth isn't.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2007-09-11
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #22
"reward those who invest into the "PvE" aspect of WAKFU." This is a historic day! I never thought Anakama would say this! I just hope I dont have to restart from level 1. I spent all week getting my tailor to lv 60 to make the Mine helmet recipe... And hopefuly we will get guildpoints for doing x amount of crafts or crafting a orange item. I looked at my guild points donated for the week, a measly 200, Where as most of the points I have gained this week was from killing gobballs to get my citizen points back up to 10.

"Finally, note that the best ranked craftsmen will have access to specific recipes, which only they will be able to make!"

Don't like that part ether... I play on the only? international server which is like 90% french so Im screwed for this.

"With this revamp, we want to bring you a really interesting game mechanic. In short, we wanted to ask you something different than collect thousands of resources and launch a series of 500 same recipe, then "AFK" during the 2 hours and a half that it would take for you to complete them."

"it will be much longer to level up a profession because everything will go through tasks which will have a set duration."

At first, I thought this was going to be a good update, but it looks like something thats going to be tedious and bad. But this is Ankama.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-11-23
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #23
Love the basic idea; as I already said in another post I really like crafting and the idea of having people craft as an actual job in the game, with some players fighting and leveling and those who like to craft using that to make money instead. Hope this works out well, we'll see.

Can we expect this kind of "contract system" to be carried over to other player-to-player, player-to-guild and nation-to-player/guild interactions in the future? I just ask because when I first heard of the possibility, for Guilds, to ally themselves with Nations I thought Ankama would implement a system similar to this one with Guilds as Private Contractors.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-01-11
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #24
so as you make it play it making in game is like cooking take taste to see its palatable. Complexity is bad for games KISS keep it simple sister. don't give in to the content creep

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-21
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #25
There has to be some sort of system to equate your progress in the old crafting system to some sort of equal level in the new system. Cuz, if I lose the months of progress it took maxing all gathers and crafts back when it was 200xp for any craft without anything to show for it, I'm going to cry, then cancel my sub.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-05-15
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #26
Where did my post go? I posted here but now I don't see my message. I didn't break any forum rules either so why I can't see my post?? :/ Also why is this thread not on official forum? I can't find it anywhere, I am replying via main page as well...

And also the date of the post before me are not correct, it shows that all posts are made on 29th of January,, wtf!!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #27
I only wonder why i can't find this topic anywhere on the forum... Have to reply via main page.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2014-01-13
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #28
Why is everyone saying this is a copy of Neverwinter? There's a few key differences, and the system itself was done a few times already (mostly in single player RPG's) way before it was done in that game.

There's only so many ways you can make a good crafting system - changing it just to be different doesn't make it good.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2009-02-27
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #29
Man this is just like neverwinter... I agree improvments can be made, but eplace a complitly original sistem with a copy doesn't seem an improvment to me...

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-01-29
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #30
this is an intriguing idea. looking forward to seeing it implemented. to all the complainers about disliking the elite crafter recipes, do not listen to them. hard work should be encouraged in this game, not the other way around.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2013-10-31
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #31
I do have to say I like this idea. Many people don't want to focus on crafting professions. This is a nice way around it and I do believe we made similar suggestions on the forums a few months ago.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-02-16
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #32
I personally think the current system is crap, and let my guild do all the crafting for me, but im too lazy to read all of this revamp, especially when its all subject to change (and you guys know ankama with the word change)

Also, with master crafting seals, i would like to see a new way to get these for 3 reasons.

1. Only way to get them is to get 100 in that profession, which would be the only reason for me to do that profession.

2. You can only get 1 per character, but some professions have multiple items that can be made with these.

3. Main reason: You can't trade them and you can't just ask someone to use theirs for you because they would have put in time and effort for this.

I think I read something earlier about making certain quests to make these available at some point, but i'm not sure if they are crafting quests or what.

The only reason I would level a profession would be to get that specific item or whatever. Since (obviously) no gathering professions have these seals, I would have to level these as well, which all together takes too much time.

If the seals were obtainable in another way, I think this would be much better. I play this game to level up, fight things, and help out my friends/guild. I don't want to waste my time leveling up a bunch of professions just to get one specific thing.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-03-07
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #33
I strongly dislike the exclusive recipes for a few crafters. This will demotivate the casual crafter that just wishes to play moderately and craft to him/herself or the guild all the items they need.
A strong reduction on task time or even material costs on the recipes would be a more fair alternative to reward the most commited high level crafters. Maybe unlock an extra slot or two for them?

Also I'd like to point out the importance of reintroducing the gain of guild exp (or Guild Points as it is now) by crafting. As it is now, there is *no* incentive to set guild craft contests or guild group efforts towards crafting and it all falls down to the individual crafter willpower. (they daily quest of crafting 10 items doesn't even count, imo)
The guildie that spends his days crafting barely contributes to the evolution of his guild (at least not directly) and that was the most frustrating part of the Guild revamp to me.
I'd love to see something like giving the guild 20 GPs for every profession level you gain.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #34

FAQ

When is the Craft revamp?

We do not know yet! But once we have a confirmed date we will keep you informed.

What will happen to the harvesting and planting professions?

Harvesting/Planting professions will not change and will always be the main source of obtaining resources for the craft professions. However, the refinement recipes will be moved to the craft professions themselves. For example, the Farmer will no longer make flour, it will become the role of the Baker. Obviously, to address these changes, the progression of the harvesting professions and resources harvest levels will be reviewed. All this will be communicated more in details in time.

How will we earn XP for these craft professions?

The workshops will disappear, and to earn XP for your professions, you will now have to perform "tasks". Also note that all professions will have 200 levels. Your craft levels remain the same as of now. Which means that for example, an Armorer level 100 will still be level 100. In contrast, the 100 + level items which can currently be crafted at level 100 will finally find their proper place from this balancing. Basically an item level 130 can only be crafted by a craftsman level 130 +, not less.

Will the current recipes be changed?

All current recipes will be changed to match the new system. Since the limitation will now be linked to time and not on the amount of resources needed to create an item, the amount of resources needed for the recipes will also be reduced. We'll review all resources, in addition to the recipes: Crafting as it is now will no longer exist and we will start on a new basis. Some resources may also disappear from the recipes and the game, because they will no longer be useful or they is just too many of them. We will balance all of this the best we can and do not worry, the Beta Server will be opened sufficiently early so that you can anticipate all the changes, or share with us your feedback.

How can we get workers to be able to start tasks? And how to get the tools?

You can get them via the crafting system. There will be tasks of recruitment and training of workers, and other will be for the creation of tools. Ultimately, it is possible that some other features will allow to you to simply obtain them, such as the Haven World buildings allowing you to retrieve tools daily.

Will the tools be consumed after use?

Not necessarily. This will depend on your recipe conditions within a task. Be aware that the tools are easy to get and it will be "normal" to lose some of them and to restock them. In other words, loosing tools will not be detrimental to your tasks. In addition, you will have full control as you will know exactly how and what tools you will likely lose by starting a task.

Can tasks fail? What will happen in case of failure during a contract between players: Will it be canceled, will the resources be lost?

Each recipe has an initial success rate depending on the level and rarity of the item (we are speaking here about the recipe and not the task, we must make the difference). Tools will be there to increase the success rate of a recipe when you start your task. There will be no absolute randomization since you will always have tools at your disposal to control the success rate of your recipes. Therefore you will have to make the right choices to maximize your profitability: Ensure that all your recipes have a 100% success rate by helping you with tools, or prefer to save your tools while knowing that it will lower the success rate of your recipes. In case of failure of a recipe, the ingredients will not be lost, only the tools will, by following specific rules that will allow you to assess the risks. All this and especially recipe failure during a contract, is still being reviewed and will probably evolve one step at a time, therefore we will not get into the details yet. What you need to know for now is that we will ensure that there is no randomization for you to worry about, so that you always know what you will lose or gain by making a recipe.

Will the tasks of making tools require anything other than time? Will we have to commit resources or Kamas for example?

The tasks of making tools will require resources, which will be accessible and probably fast enough to get.

Can we already increase our Professions to level 200? Or will they be limited to the maximum level of the recipes?

The maximum level of professions will be limited to recipes (and items) available in-game. Just like the character level, it seems uninteresting to unlock all levels of professions if there is not yet any content tailored to its evolution. Unlocking the levels of craftsmanship will follow the one of the characters.

Will it still possible to level up a profession to the highest level in a few hours if I have all the ingredients it takes?

It will not be possible to level up a profession to the highest level in a few hours and it is just another advantage of this system in terms of game design. Indeed, the minimum amount of time to get to the maximum level will be decreased: Even if you had the opportunity to purchase all of the ingredients to suddenly go from level 0 to level 100 (very common practice today), it will be much longer to level up a profession because everything will go through tasks which will have a set duration. This give more value to the players who invest in their profession(s) for several months and were feeling "cheated" by the very wealthy players wanting to become a max level craftsman overnight, to get for example : "Grou’s Axe". Now, if you want to get there by the next day, you will have to take your time, go through a skilled craftsman, or the Marketplace.

What will happen to the Master Craftsmen seals?

They will remain in-game and we will improve their use by adding opportunities to recover seals (in small amount of course). For example, a seal could be received once the profession is at level 100 and another at 150. Similarly, long enough and hard quests could be another way to obtain them, etc... We believe to also add other items that will work with the same principle as those seals. All this is still in the thinking stage.

Will part of this new system be monetized?

As for Smithmagic, this aspect is considered. Should this happen, we would not want it to give access to additional things that are not already in-game. Our thoughts are more oriented towards time gain and XP.

What about guilds and nations in all this?

We believe in putting in place a guild and nation gameplay via this new craft system, as well as quests, achievements and everything that makes up the current PvE. The goal for us, is to ensure that crafting is as viable, attractive and interesting as combat is in WAKFU.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #35
Do you have to be an apprentice to level your professions? If so, what's stopping dual boxers from just hiring themselves... They wouldn't have to pay anyone... If there's a minimum wage then they could just trade the kamas to the main. So... If this is true... Wouldn't that mean you would have to hope you can find someone to work for for free? Spending your time for nothing in return?

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-03-26
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #36
My only concern is if we're not the ones crafting any longer then what happens to our personal crafting skills?

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-09
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #37
This is the same system as in Neverwinter online...
I'm sorry, but I don't like this... Specially craftsman leaderboard seems like not a good idea

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-11-15
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #38
Huh?

I don't like this......

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #39
Haha, sounds like my Hamster And Friends company!
I really like it, huge change, hopefully everything will work as intended and leveling professions will be more interesting. Very original for an mmo as well, whcih is great, that's what brought me to Wakfu, original concepts...

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-03
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #40
I'm rather excited to see the player-crafter contract system and crafting marketboard. It's exactly what we were asking for, and it's finally coming. Yay.

However, I'd prefer to rush and get some seals before this revamp comes. Seems that it will be just another time consuming hell, and also mea culpa will completely lose its worth. With wisdom cap and "free" wisdom bonuses given by challenges, it's already pointless to use mea culpa for raising a character. I was keeping my potions for crafts only, but well, now it's time to burn them all while it still helps.