Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

WIP: Craft Revamp
Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #41
I believe at a certain point, like 120+, craftable gear should not be lower than an orange rarity. Green gear and below is just not practical, since it takes longer to craft than to drop it. Plus, there is no reward in crafting a green item since there is an orange item that is so much better that is a drop. Green gear pretty much function as fillers until you get an orange or higher.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #42
wow this is great..finally doing things in wakfu crafting has more meaning than just crafting legendary weapons

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-10-21
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #43
All this is nice and dandy IF and only IF the craft able gear becomes comparable if not better than the droppable gear. I've seen no point in leveling up any of the weapon masters professions because the only worthwhile gear is the lvl 100 sealed ones... The other professions only have decent gear due to the UBs - everything else is sub par compared to stuff dropped in game. Especially considering that it is a lot quicker to drop something than it is to craft it...

It would be nice being able to make things that are actually useful while you level the profession and not terrible/useless gear that just gets thrown away or crushed. Hmm...

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #44
This looks very interesting

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #45
Everything looks great except the "specific gears" contest section. In theory it seems nice since like you said crafting would be more than just maxing the profession, but in reality it will cause a lot of fighting.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-11-30
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #46
I think I like this.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #47
I am... very hesitant towards this. It seems to me crafters are being screwed over and forced to fight each other to get these "rare recipes" so they could in theory just charge an outrageous amount and actually keep that position making it so they monopolize a whole profession... i really need to see more about this before i make final judgement but i have mixed thoughts about all of this.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2014-01-13
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #48
Wow, this is way better than I expected. Just started leveling my second craft, I think I may put it off and wait patiently for this revamp and take it from there.

Take your time Ankama and get it right! Make crafted gear more useful, comparable to dropped gear, while you're at it.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #49
So we will be able to check out available craftsmen online?
How about doing the same thing for group search?

Overall i am excited to read this all. However what will happen to those that already have 100 lvl crafts? You will downgrade everybody down to level 0 proffesions? Even if it may seem more fair for ranking concept to make everybody start togather, i can feel that those hard workers with 100 lvls proffesions will rage against it.

I like the idea to let other people do the job for you. I remember there was a system in other game where someoen could drop a receipe and then use it repeatadly and others couldn't untill they dropped it. That was cool system and people wanted to "collect them all" (the recepies i mean). Would be nice to have something similar in wakfu. I just hope you won't make us waste materials trying to figure out secret receipes...

As for letting us play the game while our craft is being worked on by someone else (NPC or player) i think it would be cool idea. However i don't think we should hire NPC. It might lead to crowd of NPC's if people start recruiting them. Instead how about entering workshop and talking to the head manager there that you want X item to be crafted? Then you will give the materials and he will tell us how long we must wait till the work is over. Obviously this may seem awkward to level our proffesion when ... someone else (recruit?) do it for us... Therefore i would avoid any NPC. Simply let us open workshop, place required materials in there and start the craft, then close the window and let us play, and allow us to have ability to open the workshop again to see the progress. This would make crafting workshops for haven bag convenient and wanted.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-10-21
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #50
@Kiku - "The workshops will disappear, and to earn XP for your professions, you will now have to perform "tasks". Also note that all professions will have 200 levels. Your craft levels remain the same as of now. Which means that for example, an Armorer level 100 will still be level 100."

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #51
I dont want read all these things, can somebody explain it shorter?

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-09
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #52
I strongly dislike the exclusive recipes for a few crafters. This will demotivate the casual crafter that just wishes to play moderately and craft to him/herself or the guild all the items they need.
A strong reduction on task time or even material costs on the recipes would be a more fair alternative to reward the most commited high level crafters. Maybe unlock an extra slot or two for them?

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-06-07
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #53
"Finally, note that the best ranked craftsmen will have access to specific recipes, which only they will be able to make!"

As someone already pointed out, just annoyng, why the hell should we want a ranked system of crafters? This is ridicolous

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #54
Trust me when I say this, "I hate profs"

But damn, this sounds enticing, and could make me want to actually get into it.

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #55
Two words: Craft Guilds

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-02-22
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #56
More items and sets need to be made craftable as an alternative to being dropped, so I hope that is considered when the new craft lists for each profession are made. Crafting isn't as important at the moment because most good gear is drop only, with some wabbit island and seal craft exceptions.

The contract system is great, previously there were very limited ways of ensuring you didn't get scammed, such as trading the materials directly for an existing version of the item. Having this method makes it safer for buyers and should hopefully make it much better for making money as a crafter.

The apprentice idea will be nice in the long run, it just annoys me that I'll have to start with basic apprentices on my lvl 100 professions. Anyone who's maxed will have to backtrack again, just like they had to with the guild and smithmagic revamps. I was ok afk crafting, but having it being done while I do other stuff is also pretty good, items like handles, kamas and bread need to not take too long though, or apprentices are going to be clogged up for days making anything in large quantities.

I'm eager to find out more about the changes to master seals and lvl 150 versions of seal crafts, now the lvl 100 versions are becoming outdated. I bet the quests will be just as grindy as getting the materials in the first place was, but I guess that's what makes them so good for their level in the first place.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-06-07
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #57
I haven't made up my mind yet if I like this new system or not, BUT I can tell this is not the revamp that crafting system needs.

At this moment players have VERY LOW INTEREST in crafting professions and items, here some reason:
-Very few interesting items to craft.
-You can find a much better drop-item counterpart for every craft-item.
-Not convenient to make kamas from selling because (read above).
-Legendary items (seal craftings) that should be very good since every player can only craft one for profession, are extremely outdated and the value keeps geting lower and lower (also you can count 3 or 4 good legendary weapon, all other legendaries are s***t, nobody wants/needs them).

Solutions may be:
-Make craft items more powerfull and harder to craft.
-Make craft items (expecially legendary items) upgradable or customizable.
-Make more various items, why not some crazy full utilities weapon or armors? hp, lock, dodge, no dmg, full hp i don't know... something that might open perspective for cool and various builds.

I'm not saying this new system is bad, i repeat, it's just not what professions need to become an important feature.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-11-22
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #58
Despite the fact that it is essentially a 1:1 knockoff of Neverwinter's crafting system, it actually seems a big step up from the mind-numbing melancholy that is crafting in Wakfu. It just seems strange to scrap the entire crafting system and start from scratch for a game that was supposed to be, in a big way, about crafting. The lack of any system-generated currency was meant to enforce/encourage a healthy game economy, but did it? At the end of the day, crafting was boring, and offered fairly lackluster rewards. The rewards have gotten better, money now grows on tree's, but the drop rates for rare materials are still abysmal and the process of harvesting/crafting is uninvolved and repetitive to the extreme.

If this is the sum total of the proposed changes to crafting, it will be at best, slightly less tedious, and not really any more rewarding than it currently is. The crafting system, even after the proposed modifications, lacks any need to distinguish "talented" craftsmen from less prestigious ones. If say, craftsman A and craftsman B each have the recipe to make a piece of armor, what would distinguish the two sets, and thus, the two craftsman? Nothing. Each piece of armor would be the exact same as the last one made, with no variation to stats or aesthetics. "Interaction, Speed, Price" are fairly weak differentiating factors for various craftsman.

All craftsman will try as best as possible to be amiable, have competitive prices, and to get things done as quickly as possible. Even among the top 20, say, craftsman, your going to find very very little differentiation in the way they do business, and no variation in the things they produce.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-04-17
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #59
Liking the concepts a lot. I'm very hopeful that this will be a rousing success and bring some life back into the more dull portion of the game.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-05
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #60
Time based crafting instead of material based crafting. - how is this better? I am already annoyed by time based things, like constant feeding of pets, and dailies.

Leaderboards - Do we really need rankings for everything?

"Finally, note that the best ranked craftsmen will have access to specific recipes, which only they will be able to make! " -This will just annoy people. It annoys me right now.

Do people really like this?

What we really needed was for ankama to give us useful recipes. Stuff we want, and which require materials amounts that are appropriate and make sense. But instead we get a whole new system, that is going to need more revamping and bug fixing.