Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

WIP: Craft Revamp

Thread closed

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-11-10
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #41
I'm lvl 100 in all gatherings and 100 in all crafting except for armorer and chef, which I am working on. Will my levels still be maxed? Are you increasing the max level to 200?

I would hate to see my previous work go to waste.

All good, I just read Sabi's post. It'll be nice to be able to lvl crafts more to 200 now. I have no life xD

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #42
I was crying about having to collect a lot of plants to make just an item, i hope this revamp make it better. I like too much the Craft part of the game.

Like a lot of people said before, 100% sucess rate is a must have. We would not level up our professions and collect resources to put all in risk.

I suppose these tools will be something easy to obtain. And PLEASE, make a system that EVERYONE can be a Craftsman, not only elite players! (gracefully, this didn't happen in the current system. But in some games, only elite players have a good profit of craft and i hate that)

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #43
Since the new level cap for profession is 200 does that mean that the current level 100 recipes will require us to be level 200 to craft or will new recipes be implemented along with the changes to augment the revamp?

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-28
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #44
"Finally, note that the best ranked craftsmen will have access to specific recipes, which only they will be able to make!"

Don't like that part.

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #45
This has probably been asked, but what of the players that already have lvl 100 profs, where will we stand in this. I mean, will we be put into a hard place to continue lvling our profs further. I know from the last craft revamp, when I was lvling Leather Dealer, the system changed putting me in between key lvls for making dyes and the items that required them.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2008-05-30
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #46
wow! THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME! I do have to say though... it seems very similar to the professions system in the Neverwinter game, so similar in fact its damn near identical, other than the web based part. But I totally love the way it works in Neverwinter and hope they do implement it in here as well. Because you can "set it and forget it" and continue adventuring. And then sell your products later. Only Problem i forsee is the lack of space we already deal with, unless they make a specific tab just for profession related items like craftsmen and their tools.

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #47
just don't slap the lv 100 craftsmen in the face or your mosts devoted player will quit i worked hard for my levels so i want a head start

the last revamp was kick in the face and set me back a year on crafting

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #48
I will say that you NEED to take people with lvl 100 professions into consideration.
I mean I spent a good week or 2 getting fishing from 90-100 the other day and seeing my hard work go poof, well its annoying..

And if you are not careful when IF people see their months... or even years of hard work levelling their professions lost they will be really annoyed and may even quit.. and well I dunno about the other servers but Remington cant afford the losses. I was here when it was packed with people and over the years it has slowly got lower and lower to the point where it can be harder to find a group.. sometime even impossible..

If I lose all my high lvl profession I know that I would seriously have to consider quitting, I have worked hard getting them levelled and think it would be a slap around the face to lose them all.

A revamp of this system in a good thing.. I don't think anyone would disagree. you just need to seriously consider (and preferably tell) people who have worked VERY HARD maxing their professions they have spent months doing this that they will not be penalised for subbing and playing the game and bothering to lvl their professions.

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #49
TheKillerlives 29 January 2014 - 13:56
I will say that you NEED to take people with lvl 100 professions into consideration.
I mean I spent a good week or 2 getting fishing from 90-100 the other day and seeing my hard work go poof, well its annoying..

And if you are not careful when IF people see their months... or even years of hard work levelling their professions lost they will be really annoyed and may even quit.. and well I dunno about the other servers but Remington cant afford the losses. I was here when it was packed with people and over the years it has slowly got lower and lower to the point where it can be harder to find a group.. sometime even impossible..

If I lose all my high lvl profession I know that I would seriously have to consider quitting, I have worked hard getting them levelled and think it would be a slap around the face to lose them all.

A revamp of this system in a good thing.. I don't think anyone would disagree. you just need to seriously consider (and preferably tell) people who have worked VERY HARD maxing their professions they have spent months doing this that they will not be penalised for subbing and playing the game and bothering to lvl their professions.

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #50
Why is there no link to this topic on the forums? I can't find it anywhere. And is it only me or do I see some posts getting deleted? Also why do I see the date of peoples post on January the 29, while it is the 23rd?? For example all people who wrote a message before me was on 29th of January..

Confused..

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #51
So crafting becomes a whole new haven world concept? No thank you!

Web interface? Great, I never have to log in again.

Crafting needs some changes and having a crafting board is a good idea but I do not want another piece of the game wherein I am not actively involved just to satisfy those who will not take time out from fighting in order to craft.

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #52
I do have to say I like this idea. Many people don't want to focus on crafting professions. This is a nice way around it and I do believe we made similar suggestions on the forums a few months ago.

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #53
this is an intriguing idea. looking forward to seeing it implemented. to all the complainers about disliking the elite crafter recipes, do not listen to them. hard work should be encouraged in this game, not the other way around.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2009-02-27
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #54
Man this is just like neverwinter... I agree improvments can be made, but eplace a complitly original sistem with a copy doesn't seem an improvment to me...

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #55
Why is everyone saying this is a copy of Neverwinter? There's a few key differences, and the system itself was done a few times already (mostly in single player RPG's) way before it was done in that game.

There's only so many ways you can make a good crafting system - changing it just to be different doesn't make it good.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #56
I only wonder why i can't find this topic anywhere on the forum... Have to reply via main page.

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #57
Where did my post go? I posted here but now I don't see my message. I didn't break any forum rules either so why I can't see my post?? :/ Also why is this thread not on official forum? I can't find it anywhere, I am replying via main page as well...

And also the date of the post before me are not correct, it shows that all posts are made on 29th of January,, wtf!!

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #58
There has to be some sort of system to equate your progress in the old crafting system to some sort of equal level in the new system. Cuz, if I lose the months of progress it took maxing all gathers and crafts back when it was 200xp for any craft without anything to show for it, I'm going to cry, then cancel my sub.

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #59
so as you make it play it making in game is like cooking take taste to see its palatable. Complexity is bad for games KISS keep it simple sister. don't give in to the content creep

posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #60
Love the basic idea; as I already said in another post I really like crafting and the idea of having people craft as an actual job in the game, with some players fighting and leveling and those who like to craft using that to make money instead. Hope this works out well, we'll see.

Can we expect this kind of "contract system" to be carried over to other player-to-player, player-to-guild and nation-to-player/guild interactions in the future? I just ask because when I first heard of the possibility, for Guilds, to ally themselves with Nations I thought Ankama would implement a system similar to this one with Guilds as Private Contractors.

Thread closed