Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

WIP: Craft Revamp
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2014-01-30
posté February 25, 2014, 18:15:48 | #81
This is a good idea, in the wrong direction. I like crafting items. I hate the mundane task of gathering the resources.

Give me a crew of lumberjacks, Miners, Farmers.

Let them roam the nations.
Let them become a target of other nations.
Let me hire other NPC's characters to group up with them for protection.

I like crafting. Let me take the fruits of their labor and craft things with it.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2013-11-02
posté February 26, 2014, 09:15:08 | #82

Quote (VxVxE @ 05 February 2014 20:14) *
So, instead of clicking on a mine-block and watch the character hitting it, it could open a little window and WE would need to hit the rock like 10 times (the number of hits would depend on the tool) .

Sounds like the ore mining in "Galaxy On Fire 2". You put your ship on an asteroid, then a new screen pops up with the asteroid and your drill. The drill spins out of control easily and it's up to you to keep the drill centered as long as possible. Drilling way down to the center gives you not just the ore, but also a core.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté February 28, 2014, 21:32:55 | #83
Hmm, but, what if I have no endeavour of being an entrprenuer?

You see, the main thing you need to be doing Ankama is removing the heavy dependence that one profession has on the others. What do I mean? Well, let's say I am magically given 53 levels into Armor Crafting, and I have built up (what one would think is required) mining to have the ores to produce the components to make the armor. With the way "crafting" is in Wakfu, before I can make said armor, not only do I need the 53 levels in my main profession to make the armor, I also need to have lvl 53, or around there, in at least 3 or more other professions to craft the armor from the profession I'd rather be concentrating on! I need herbing for oils; lumber for Christ knows what; Skinner for items from a monster, and the seeds, PLUS any lesser armor drop from a certain monster. Now—if you don't have the same levels in those other professions, you can't make your armor.

The point is, when we craft, we shouldn't be required to have a crap load of other items from other professions as requirements. You thought that would create a community trading forum of some kind? No. At least, not as far as I can tell. Only a few people who are willing to mindlessly take 2 or more months to level up ALL of the professions can make 1 set that would be worth while. And that's not counting how ridiculosly time consuming it is to find some rare ingredients. If you want people to trade, you can't have everyone having the ability to have ALL professions. The professions in themselves should have some amazing use—some function they can fill. Some need to satisfy.

Going back to the fundamental concept that a person who will be making a cloth garment, will most likely want....get this, cotton, silk or any such thing that can be found from monster drops! A person who is making food, most likely wants herbs and or meats, fruits. Making weapons and armor? Well, that isn't made out of herb oil now is it? Nope. It should mostly require ores and some leather. Let people who are willing to focus on one profession (plus it's material gathering) to see not only value in that profession and what they make, but also profits if they take the time to sell what others may need in other profession (very little) from it.

Another fundamental mistake is that you've allowed EVERYONE to be EVERYTHING—but not EVERYONE wants EVERYTHING. Again, only the hand full of people who took the time to level them all can produce any one set/thing in the end game (lvl 100). And only them see profit. Crafting is a hastle in this game. Sure, you want to get rid of me standing around crafting 500 things for 2 hours; but putting that same work else where and calling it a game within a game does nothing. Perhaps you've become too accustomed to people who are easily amused. But I see a few of us are smartening up, and seeing the deception of progress continually being put forward in these updates. All that you're adding now as a means to entice me, I can do by going to where most people are gathered, and making a shout for what I need. They're nice additions, but not game breaking.

This post has been edited by IDCAA - February 28, 2014, 21:36:20.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2014-01-20
posté March 08, 2014, 20:41:34 | #84
--------------------------------------------
What will happen to the harvesting and planting professions?

Harvesting/Planting professions will not change and will always be the main source of obtaining resources for the craft professions. However, the refinement recipes will be moved to the craft professions themselves. For example, the Farmer will no longer make flour, it will become the role of the Baker. Obviously, to address these changes, the progression of the harvesting professions and resources harvest levels will be reviewed. All this will be communicated more in details in time.

How will we earn XP for these craft professions?

The workshops will disappear, and to earn XP for your professions, you will now have to perform "tasks". Also note that all professions will have 200 levels. Your craft levels remain the same as of now. Which means that for example, an Armorer level 100 will still be level 100. In contrast, the 100 + level items which can currently be crafted at level 100 will finally find their proper place from this balancing. Basically an item level 130 can only be crafted by a craftsman level 130 +, not less.

------------------------------------------

Soooo... harvesting Professions and mats stay at lvl 100, right?
You are not gonna kick me back some month in crafting/harvesting and let me do
half of it again, right?

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-04-26
posté May 05, 2014, 10:55:13 | #85
And no new info whatsoever?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté May 05, 2014, 15:24:52 | #86

Quote (Graveraider @ 05 May 2014 10:55) *
And no new info whatsoever?

'soon'