Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Focus: Shustuft Crust Dimension
Game Designer * Member Since 2013-03-27
posté January 28, 2014, 09:00:00 | #1
Focus: Shustuft Crust Dimension

This devblog is going to give you more details on the Shustufft Crust Dimension which will arrive soon in WAKFU!

General

Shustufft Crust consists of a series of islands that includes one or more specific ecosystems related to each Shushu family and their dungeons.

These are organized one after another in a way that you must have completed the previous island’s dungeon in order to access the next island.

During the February update, only one island will be available. Because of the Shustufft Crust dimension being independent from the other content, we have already planned to regularly add new dungeons and new rewards in future updates.

Dungeons

In Shustufft Crust, dungeons have special rules. They have only one room and entering them does not require a key.

The level of monsters is not fixed because the difficulty adapts to the highest player level of the group. For example: A group of 3 players level 125, 130, 2 players 130 and 1 player 135 will face a group of level 135 monsters.

Even if there is no maximum level, a minimum level of the dungeons monsters is set. Therefore they will never be below this level.

In the ecosystem the monsters level is also set, it is based on the minimum level of the dungeon. For example, the first island of monsters will have level 100 monsters.

Each dungeon will have a daily quest which will bring you many rewards, but only for the first daily victory:
  • A bonus experience gain
  • The possibility to get the Boss’s special resource

The Boss specific challenges can increase the rate of the drop of the special resource to 100% (the base is 40%).

With each victory, players will be able to get a generic resource, which is present in all dungeons. The amount received will depend on the level of the monsters.

Please note that from the first victory, an achievement will offer a larger amount of resources.

These 2 types of resources are needed in order to make Shushu equipment items.

Also note that the access to the dungeons will be reserved to players with a certain level. This level is generally lower than the recommended level.

Rewards

The equipment items cannot be obtained directly at the end of combat, but must be made ​​using crafting.

Direct rewards exist but are mainly cosmetic such as: Insignias, titles, pets or even Shushu Fireworks to launch visual effects outside of combat, not forgetting of course the amount of generic resources received for each victory.

Equipment Items

The novelty of the Shushu equipment items comes from the fact that they offer new types of bonuses.

They will be applied in the form of a passive combat state that triggers under certain conditions.

Here is a preview of the items (Localization pending):

These new effects, possibly combined in some cases, will increase the effectiveness of different style of gameplay and will give players the opportunity to improve their role or to fill some gaps

We are hoping that you will like this new content and we will be waiting for you in the kingdom of Rushu…

http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/community/blog/posts/415453-focus-shustuft-crust-dimension

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-05-16
posté January 28, 2014, 18:40:29 | #2
Oh no..
Finally!
Items with pasives...and not lvl 30(hello to polter set or moogr...)
Yes!!!

This post has been edited by S48GSII - January 28, 2014, 18:42:46.
Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté January 28, 2014, 18:46:26 | #3
This is sexy :O

Please tell me they make rude remarks when you wear them, it would be perfect!

This post has been edited by ThyHolyOverlord - January 28, 2014, 18:48:05.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-01-21
posté January 28, 2014, 18:49:53 | #4
anyone care to translate for us dumdums that don't speak french.i kind of want to know what bonus will do.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2013-03-08
posté January 28, 2014, 18:50:11 | #5
Excited!!
This sounds fun and inventive with much potential. I hope there will be some direct nods to the anime like in some of the past dungeons.

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
A lost little Grany? xD

I can't wait to see the cosmetic items either. Can I hope for a little shushu to follow me around? ^^

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté January 28, 2014, 18:52:22 | #6
The best content, in terms of potential and thoughtfulness, that Ankama has created to date without a doubt in my opinion. This is what Frigost and such should have been doing. Very good way to start the year. It will be expanded, no more having to waste time going through rooms to get to the boss, all equipment craftable, and should give a challenge every time with better rewards for being a higher level, and the return of unique states. Plus, states like earth conversion are best for mono builds. so no build seems to be forgotten. I applaud you Ankama. It is the first big idea that is worthy of making Wakfu a successor.

If all the gear will have general damage Stasis Foggernaut could have excellent potential with these. Btw, if I'm not mistaken, Eskarina or Hush stated that they will make general damage work with heals. They will try to do it this patch, but might be delayed until the next patch.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté January 28, 2014, 19:08:41 | #7

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 28 January 2014 18:52) *
Btw, if I'm not mistaken, Eskarina or Hush stated that they will make general damage work with heals. They will try to do it this patch, but might be delayed until the next patch.

I just fainted. You'll have to take my word for it, sorry.  

This post has been edited by Gynrei - January 28, 2014, 19:09:07.
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté January 28, 2014, 19:23:39 | #8
Looks great! If only I could sub to play! I have asked for help in more than one thread, submitted a ticket, messaged you directly, yet no one has responded. I still see plenty of Moderator activity after my posts, yet no one is helping me with my issue.

There are so many other people trying to play, but they cannot subscribe as well. When is it going to be a bigger priority to help players get around the sub issue, over new content that will lead to more bugs?

If you guys find time to help the ticket number is NIG-241780.

This post has been edited by RaVeN-Fifteen - February 02, 2014, 17:24:06.
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2013-11-02
posté January 28, 2014, 19:25:02 | #9

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 28 January 2014 18:46) *
Please tell me they make rude remarks when you wear them, it would be perfect!
That would be wonderful

anyone care to translate for us dumdums that don't speak french.i kind of want to know what bonus will do.

* Wall 75% - While your health is lower than 75%: +10% resist
* Reblood 33% - While your health is lower than 33%, at the start of your turn heal 2% health
* Berserk 66% - While your health is lower than 66%, +5% on damage
* Earth conversion - 2% of your damages received are converted into earth damage
* Fortification - +0.40% resist for every 1% health you are missing
* Rage - +0.40% damage for every 1% health you are missing

Also known as: ouchiewawa!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté January 28, 2014, 20:17:15 | #10
Oh my god, Regen armor. *SQUEEEE*

I'm curious as to how some of these equipment passives will trigger during PvP. I hope they take the PvP Vitality into account for their trigger conditions.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté January 28, 2014, 20:29:21 | #11
I hope this doesn't mean more content that was pushed back is going to be pushed back even more.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté January 28, 2014, 20:32:39 | #12
Does anyone know the exact formula Ankama uses when making gear? I'm curious what weight value, if any, these new states have.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-03-13
posté January 28, 2014, 20:33:34 | #13

The best content, in terms of potential and thoughtfulness, that Ankama has created to date without a doubt in my opinion. This is what Frigost and such should have been doing. Very good way to start the year. It will be expanded, no more having to waste time going through rooms to get to the boss, all equipment craftable, and should give a challenge every time with better rewards for being a higher level, and the return of unique states. Plus, states like earth conversion are best for mono builds. so no build seems to be forgotten. I applaud you Ankama. It is the first big idea that is worthy of making Wakfu a successor.

If all the gear will have general damage Stasis Foggernaut could have excellent potential with these. Btw, if I'm not mistaken, Eskarina or Hush stated that they will make general damage work with heals. They will try to do it this patch, but might be delayed until the next patch.
And where might you have read this ? Got any evidence or link supporting your claim ?

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté January 28, 2014, 20:41:46 | #14
Sabi! Please refer to the list under construction! More & more players cannot sub. We cannot enjoy these updates if we cannot play.

Click here

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté January 28, 2014, 21:18:39 | #15
nice, they need to do these equips effects for high level wakfu/stasis too
And I'm still really sad they removed the effect from necro set....it made it so unique and gave it a lot of meaning.

I hope shushu island is the last one we get this year..what happened to focusing on the nations? do we need more islands?..

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-04
posté January 28, 2014, 21:42:01 | #16
I'm looking forward to it. Always wanted to see shushus in-game, also quite excited for that new dungeon system (it will probably entertain bored players for like, a month or so) and YAY EQUIPMENT EFFECTS! \o/

posté January 28, 2014, 21:44:30 | #17

Quote (Netvlies @ 28 January 2014 20:33) *

And where might you have read this ? Got any evidence or link supporting your claim ?
From your much more informative brethren, the FR Forums .

It is the very last post on the first page by the FR CM Eskarina.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2013-11-02
posté January 28, 2014, 22:21:24 | #18
Yeah, my wife would also love to know  

posté January 28, 2014, 22:24:04 | #19

Quote (Gynrei @ 28 January 2014 20:32) *
Does anyone know the exact formula Ankama uses when making gear? I'm curious what weight value, if any, these new states have.
I have never found such a table on the FR Forums, so I doubt one exists. Only HP is really known which is worth .8 points per HP on equipment. Though you can come to a close approximation with player stat cost and math involving pets, which of course you have to remember they based their value on old costs. As for the weight of states, if you compare it with something very similar, such as the Apprentice Cape with the Cape d'Ocushus you will notice that the Cape d'Ocushus is somewhat lower, even with point cost error taken into account. So yes they do take away from the cost. The best example though would be the Sage Breastplate vs. Tortured (Tormented, et cetera) Breastplate. Despite the Tortured Breastplate being 15 levels higher, the Sage Breastplate has a drastically bigger pool of points that even human error cannot be the cause of. That automatically can tell you that states have a worth, given that a breastplate 15 levels lower has a much larger pool of stat points. Earth Conversion is a very good passive, and is directed towards pure Earth characters. So that is how it evens out since Tortured (sounds better than Tormented) Breastplate makes Earth very tank-ish, and when calculating the potential of the ability the cost of it is balanced. The ability might seem a little overpowering for an Earth character at first, since 20% of the opponent's final damage will be hitting earth resistance, but when you do all the calculations it is very balanced. I hope to see even more powerful states similar to Earth Conversion that cost a lot to put on equipment.

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 28, 2014, 23:03:52.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté January 28, 2014, 22:53:26 | #20
when i tried them they seem interesting... ill have to wait till they are in English so i can really know how they work.

This post has been edited by Nox16 - January 28, 2014, 22:53:51.