Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Focus: Shustuft Crust Dimension
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-22
posté January 28, 2014, 22:58:52 | #21

Quote (Kaitenzushi @ 28 January 2014 19:25) *

* Wall 75% - While your health is lower than 75%: +10% resist
* Reblood 33% - While your health is lower than 33%, at the start of your turn heal 2% health
* Berserk 66% - While your health is lower than 66%, +5% on damage
* Earth conversion - 2% of your damages received are converted into earth damage
* Fortification - +0.40% resist for every 1% health you are missing
* Rage - +0.40% damage for every 1% health you are missing

Also known as: ouchiewawa!
It's so...beautiful...

Post Script: I just realized that a Remington Smisse build is totally possible. Brb, renaming my Rogue...

This post has been edited by Toasty4 - January 28, 2014, 23:03:51.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté January 28, 2014, 23:09:11 | #22
Excuse me, but do ANY of these things have Control on them? Sheesh....

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-12-03
posté January 29, 2014, 03:45:25 | #23
yay, lvl 0 on all profesions, way to ankama, way to go....

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté January 29, 2014, 07:47:10 | #24

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 28 January 2014 23:09) *
You just got a control pet. Shut up, stop whining, and sit down. Wakfu doesn't revolve around control.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-03-13
posté January 29, 2014, 07:55:43 | #25

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 28 January 2014 22:24) *

Quote (Gynrei @ 28 January 2014 20:32) *
Does anyone know the exact formula Ankama uses when making gear? I'm curious what weight value, if any, these new states have.
I have never found such a table on the FR Forums, so I doubt one exists. Only HP is really known which is worth .8 points per HP on equipment. Though you can come to a close approximation with player stat cost and math involving pets, which of course you have to remember they based their value on old costs. As for the weight of states, if you compare it with something very similar, such as the Apprentice Cape with the Cape d'Ocushus you will notice that the Cape d'Ocushus is somewhat lower, even with point cost error taken into account. So yes they do take away from the cost. The best example though would be the Sage Breastplate vs. Tortured (Tormented, et cetera) Breastplate. Despite the Tortured Breastplate being 15 levels higher, the Sage Breastplate has a drastically bigger pool of points that even human error cannot be the cause of. That automatically can tell you that states have a worth, given that a breastplate 15 levels lower has a much larger pool of stat points. Earth Conversion is a very good passive, and is directed towards pure Earth characters. So that is how it evens out since Tortured (sounds better than Tormented) Breastplate makes Earth very tank-ish, and when calculating the potential of the ability the cost of it is balanced. The ability might seem a little overpowering for an Earth character at first, since 20% of the opponent's final damage will be hitting earth resistance, but when you do all the calculations it is very balanced. I hope to see even more powerful states similar to Earth Conversion that cost a lot to put on equipment.
Much appreciated. Thanks !

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-06-07
posté January 29, 2014, 08:09:40 | #26
I'm very glad to see new all-elements-dmg items
I like this new passive bonuses thing too.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté January 29, 2014, 15:59:52 | #27
I'm not impressed with those states.

They are all very situational and offer small bonuses. Most teams should be at full HP as much as possible so none of those states will be active. Earth conversion sounds nice but having some attacks use my best resistance for 20% of that damage isn't that attractive. Useful, yes, but what are the odds it'll be better than the end game alternative.

Give me a state called Canine dodge and then i'll be excited.

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté January 29, 2014, 16:57:03 | #28

Quote (Gynrei @ 29 January 2014 15:59) *
I'm not impressed with those states.

They are all very situational and offer small bonuses. Most teams should be at full HP as much as possible so none of those states will be active. Earth conversion sounds nice but having some attacks use my best resistance for 20% of that damage isn't that attractive. Useful, yes, but what are the odds it'll be better than the end game alternative.

Give me a state called Canine dodge and then i'll be excited.
A pure earth character with the breastplate will have 200%+ resistance than the nearest resistance if they did not choose to stat stats like crits instead of strength. 20% of that is 40% resistance, which is the hidden resistance bonus that you will get for all other elements than earth. Yes, when you do the math on the gear, the state does use a huge chuck of gear stat points. Even without doing math you realize that the breastplate is mediocre, without taking into account the state, just by looking at the stats. However that passive is well worth the points. As for the other states, I do agree that it would be hard to fully get their worth, though that is why those states have a much lower point value than something like Earth Conversion. They seem more useful for PvP than PvM. Though I do agree I want to see more powerful states similar to Earth Conversion which would be active all the time, and Canine Dodge would be one of those states. Another powerful interesting state that a DPT would find useful is something along the lines of this: 10% of damage received between your turns will be added on to your next attack as non-reducible damage.

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 29, 2014, 16:59:17.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-06-07
posté January 29, 2014, 16:58:36 | #29
Why so always focused on the end game? At this moment the waku "meta" (seems ridicolous to call it like that) asks to have a team with enough healing potential and the most insane damage (look at how everybody is making a rouge char), tanks and supports are basically uselles in most cases, I hope this "meta" will change in the near future, cause atm is just boring as hell.
Anyway I like very much this new passive stat thing for its concept, despite how useless or situational it may be.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-01-18
posté January 29, 2014, 18:25:54 | #30
Hmmm.... needs more princessy stuffs... I might skip this one like the alcatrool stuffs... ( not into dark things.)

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-08-28
posté January 29, 2014, 19:43:55 | #31
Pets? Insignia's?? Yes baby here I come I hope the pet looks like a Rotcere!! I find them uber cute, I want one as a pet!! 

posté January 29, 2014, 20:22:34 | #32

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 29 January 2014 07:47) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 28 January 2014 23:09) *
You just got a control pet. Shut up, stop whining, and sit down. Wakfu doesn't revolve around control.
I play an Osamodas, a Rogue, a Foggernaut and and Ecaflip. The only character I have that would not benefit from having Control on her equipment would be my Enutrof.

I beg to differ. Control is a foundational part of this game's systems, and a very good number of classes and spell branches become very nearly unplayable the moment you start shaving off their access to Control equipment.

The addition of what will be 1 more Control in a few months, via a pet, is very nice. But it does not make up for Belts, Epaulettes, Breastplates, and who knows how many other new Shushu items that totally lack the Control stat.

Furthermore, I would like to point out that Osamodas created the Demons that later became Shushus, so from a purely pious standpoint, I have every reason to expect and impatiently demand Summoner compatible pieces of equipment from a branch of creatures that would not exist, but for the beneficence of my patron Deity.

Quote (Pakonitan @ 29 January 2014 18:25) *
Hmmm.... needs more princessy stuffs... I might skip this one like the alcatrool stuffs... ( not into dark things.)
I know many well equipped princesses who handle the armor issue by tossing on a costume or insignia.

There is no shame in both being able to survive a battle AND look good. Indeed, a dead princess in only fluffy frilly foo foo clothes looks much less regal than a live one in scarred but intact armor :p

posté January 29, 2014, 20:51:16 | #33

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 29 January 2014 16:57) *
A pure earth character with the breastplate will have 200%+ resistance than the nearest resistance if they did not choose to stat stats like crits instead of strength. 20% of that is 40% resistance, which is the hidden resistance bonus that you will get for all other elements than earth.

I'm not sure it works like that.

It sounds to me like it works this way: let's say i have 100% water res and 200% earth res. I get hit by a 150 base water dmg attack from a mob with 300% water mastery. 120 is reduced based on my water res while the remaining 30 is reduced by my earth res. Resulting in 420dmg taken. Without this Earth conversion I would have taken 450dmg.

For starters, very few classes will have the superior earth res required to take advantage of this state. And worst case scenario, players with a class that has no earth branch will likely take MORE dmg from this. That armor is now worthless for a large amount of the population. Based on this last possibility i want to believe it adds resistance like you suggest but i highly doubt it. Imagine the earth res on a Feca.

posté January 29, 2014, 21:17:23 | #34

Quote (Gynrei @ 29 January 2014 20:51) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 29 January 2014 16:57) *
A pure earth character with the breastplate will have 200%+ resistance than the nearest resistance if they did not choose to stat stats like crits instead of strength. 20% of that is 40% resistance, which is the hidden resistance bonus that you will get for all other elements than earth.

I'm not sure it works like that.

It sounds to me like it works this way: let's say i have 100% water res and 200% earth res. I get hit by a 150 base water dmg attack from a mob with 300% water mastery. 120 is reduced based on my water res while the remaining 30 is reduced by my earth res. Resulting in 420dmg taken. Without this Earth conversion I would have taken 450dmg.

For starters, very few classes will have the superior earth res required to take advantage of this state. And worst case scenario, players with a class that has no earth branch will likely take MORE dmg from this. That armor is now worthless for a large amount of the population. Based on this last possibility i want to believe it adds resistance like you suggest but i highly doubt it. Imagine the earth res on a Feca.
Actually we are are saying the same thing, but in different wording . With your example, the hidden resistance would have been 20%. 20% resistance from 150 base equals a reduction of 30. More or less, I was mentioning how you could condense the state into actual stats while you were using an applied example.

As for the rest you have mentioned, remember these states are not meant to be used by everyone. As stated in the devblog, the equipment "will increase the effectiveness of different style of gameplay and will give players the opportunity to improve their role or to fill some gaps". Hence, they are meant to create build diversity. There will definitely be states that will not help out earth builds. This equipment is aimed at pure earth characters since being pure earth generally means you want to be pure tank, and what is wrong with that? The equipment is aimed toward the earth branch to enhance the branch's tanking aspect. Even if there are other abilities like Water Conversion, that more than likely means Ankama wants to just enhance mono elemental gameplay since at current end game mono elemental builds are dead if they are not support. This is due to the fact that there is no mono elemental sets past Hagen. Plus, this is the first equipment past Hagen that is aimed towards pure Earth characters, besides the silly Gauwd Fishing Speaw. Wakfu needs items that help mono elemental builds. I am sure there will be plenty of other states that apply to specific builds . There are going to be states that apply to everyone, and states that do not. Ther probably will be dodge states, lock states, and maybe a state that add explosion to your next attack which will only help fire characters. Part of creating diversity is to make some states tailored to specific playing styles .

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 29, 2014, 21:25:03.
posté January 29, 2014, 21:47:48 | #35
I'm confused. Why is the Earth Conversion state equivalent to 20% general res in my example?

posté January 29, 2014, 22:05:36 | #36
I must say, I'm looking forward to the health regen and the earth conversion and the fortification on my Earth Fogger

posté January 29, 2014, 22:06:15 | #37

Quote (Gynrei @ 29 January 2014 21:47) *
I'm confused. Why is the Earth Conversion state equivalent to 20% general res in my example?
It will actually be equivalent to 20% hidden water resistance. Here is how you get Earth Conversion into resistance terms:

Take your example. The player have 200% earth resistance and 100% water resistance. The first thing you do is find the difference between the two resistances, which is just through subtraction.

200% - 100% = 100%.

Now, you have to figure out how much of your water damage will turn into earth damage. For Earth Conversion, it states that it is 20% conversion, or one fifth. Now all you have to do is divide the resistance by the conversion percentage:

100%/5 = 20% hidden water resistance.

Pretty much all you have to do is find the difference in resistance divide by ten and times by two. Quick and easy.

More or less, it is just the shortcut to your method. So instead of having to calculate two numbers and other math, I can just look and see on my character chart and say "oh so since I have 240% res more in earth than water that means I will have 48% hidden water resistance" and just add the hidden water res to my character and calculate the damage taken from there. Pretty much your way makes the person have to hold two trains of thought in your head while mine uses only one train of thought, making it more mental friendly.

Hope that explains it to you. I don't know how else to explain it.

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 29, 2014, 22:19:24.
posté January 29, 2014, 22:07:14 | #38
Along with the Secondary Character XP System, this equipment should go a long way towards making my Ermahgerd Rerberts a really sick support princess.

posté January 29, 2014, 22:35:43 | #39
That makes sense now, thanks. So each element will have a different bonus resistance from the state based on the difference between that element and the earth res. Do players really have such an extremely high earth res compared to the others to make this worthwhile? Most gear i see in game is general res. Stating strength could net you 50 res if you really wanted to. Combined with spell experience for another 50% maybe the most i can see is a 100% gap. 150% for the element a player doesn't have.

I don't know enough players built that way to make this worthwhile. I tend to play hybrid so two elements are equal. The other two are never that far behind. I don't feel the states are worthwhile.

posté January 29, 2014, 22:59:53 | #40

Quote (Gynrei @ 29 January 2014 22:35) *
That makes sense now, thanks. So each element will have a different bonus resistance from the state based on the difference between that element and the earth res. Do players really have such an extremely high earth res compared to the others to make this worthwhile? Most gear i see in game is general res. Stating strength could net you 50 res if you really wanted to. Combined with spell experience for another 50% maybe the most i can see is a 100% gap. 150% for the element a player doesn't have.

I don't know enough players built that way to make this worthwhile. I tend to play hybrid so two elements are equal. The other two are never that far behind. I don't feel the states are worthwhile.
From my experience, a mono build at 140 generally has at least 200% more resistance in their main branch than the element that is their weakest and about 160% to 175% more resistance than the other two elemental branches that they have. Obtaining an AP, then using points in either kit skill or range, will leave you with 150+ strength to stat which is 75%+ earth resistance. The spell bonus will get you around 125%+ earth resistance as well. Also, add in the fact that the breastplate gives 35% earth resistance and no other resistance and you will see a great difference. So it is worth it for pure earth, but no other build. So it is specific, but specific for a reason since it is meant to enhance mono elemental builds which are pretty much dead outside of support branches at high level. They want to entice players to pick and chose gameplay and stats with the introduction of states, and it is a step in the right direction since it will put people at a dilemma on what to chose rather than go after the highest level item. To get the most out of Earth Conversion, you shouldn't stat crits and be dual elemental. There will be plenty of other states that are build specific but in the end that is the point, to create diversity. In my opinion, it is better than going the Dofus route of using negative stats. However, I do hope there are more states that are similar to Earth Conversion, in that you do not have to lose HP to activate a state since the losing HP requirement is not PvM friendly.

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 29, 2014, 23:11:44.