Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 18 Descendre
Play Day
Play Day commemorates the day when Ecaflip realised that his cards could provide him with another ...

No flash

Focus: Shustuft Crust Dimension
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté January 30, 2014, 04:01:29 | #41
Took a good looksie at what equipment we already have. I guess what I really want is a Control cape from here, something neat to replace my Tofu one. Nobody should be forced to wear a lv 47 piece of equipment all the way up to level cap.

I just wish I understood how they can let something like that go for so long. This would have been a wonderful chance to introduce a Control cape, beyond the single one we have ingame currently.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté January 30, 2014, 04:29:02 | #42

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 29 January 2014 20:22) *

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 29 January 2014 07:47) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 28 January 2014 23:09) *
Excuse me, but do ANY of these things have Control on them? Sheesh....
You just got a control pet. Shut up, stop whining, and sit down. Wakfu doesn't revolve around control.
I play an Osamodas, a Rogue, a Foggernaut and and Ecaflip. The only character I have that would not benefit from having Control on her equipment would be my Enutrof.

I beg to differ. Control is a foundational part of this game's systems, and a very good number of classes and spell branches become very nearly unplayable the moment you start shaving off their access to Control equipment.

The addition of what will be 1 more Control in a few months, via a pet, is very nice. But it does not make up for Belts, Epaulettes, Breastplates, and who knows how many other new Shushu items that totally lack the Control stat.

Furthermore, I would like to point out that Osamodas created the Demons that later became Shushus, so from a purely pious standpoint, I have every reason to expect and impatiently demand Summoner compatible pieces of equipment from a branch of creatures that would not exist, but for the beneficence of my patron Deity.

Have you seen Srams complain about the lack of Perception or Backstab in gear? Or hell, how about the Backstab Resistance some gears have? I'm just saying, Ankama throws you guys a bunch of bones yet you still complain that there's not enough to satisfy you. Runes originally weren't going to give CMC damage, then they added it to satisfy summoners. Then you guys get an easy-to-get control pet with CMC damage thrown at you. Another update happened but this time didn't have anything for summoners? Screw Ankama, they suck! They always forget about us!

I don't find it surprising that none of the items have control, they're all meant for tanks. What tank uses control anyway? Give other classes a chance to get gear that benefits them.

EDIT:

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 30 January 2014 04:01) *
Took a good looksie at what equipment we already have. I guess what I really want is a Control cape from here, something neat to replace my Tofu one. Nobody should be forced to wear a lv 47 piece of equipment all the way up to level cap.

I just wish I understood how they can let something like that go for so long. This would have been a wonderful chance to introduce a Control cape, beyond the single one we have ingame currently.

I guess you're right there. There should be a better control cape than a lv47 one.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - January 30, 2014, 04:30:48.
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-12-30
posté February 11, 2014, 15:29:40 | #43
shushus all fine, but the only request I have is BRING BACK EMBLEM MENDING.
THAT WAS SO GOOD WHY HAVE YOU TAKEN IT AWAY

31.media.tumblr.com/02ebd44bc432aaaacde9fb13da38c008/tumblr_n0hheiKreQ1t47w2co1_500.jpg

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-16
posté February 14, 2014, 16:00:14 | #44

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 29 January 2014 20:22) *
Control is a foundational part of this game's systems, and a very good number of classes and spell branches become very nearly unplayable the moment you start shaving off their access to Control equipment.

The addition of what will be 1 more Control in a few months, via a pet, is very nice. But it does not make up for Belts, Epaulettes, Breastplates, and who knows how many other new Shushu items that totally lack the Control stat.
Let's see, without control:
  • Fecas, Sadidas, Rouges, Xelors, Cras, Foggernauts are limited to three mechanics or summons.
  • Osamodas to one summon.
  • Ecaflips to Bow Meow or Chance for a Kittikaze (with tarot).
  • Enutrofs, Srams, Eniripsias, Iops, Sacrieurs, Pandawas, Masqueraiders don't care.
The only ones which are seriously "nearly unplayable" without extra control are Doll Army Sadidas, Firewall Rouges and Dual Summon Osamodas. Three specific playstyles of fourteen classes.

Dual Summon Osamodas suffer like Air Srams from a dated mechanic. With higher levels you need more and more control for the possibility to call strong enough summons. The central problem isn't the lack of control gear, it's the way Osamoda's Blessing works. 

This post has been edited by Rimali - February 21, 2014, 03:30:22.
Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-05-15
posté February 14, 2014, 22:21:47 | #45

Quote (Rimali @ 14 February 2014 16:00) *
The only ones which are seriously "nearly unplayable" without extra control are Doll Army Sadidas, Firewall Rouges and Dual Summon Osamodas. Three specific playstyles of fourteen classes.

Dual Summon Osamodas suffer like Air Srams from a dated mechanic. With higher levels you need more and more control for the possibility to call strong enough summons. The central problem isn't the lack of control gear, it's the way Osamoda's Blessing works.

And don't forget that both Sadida and Osa have no cmc damage as passive to support them which is ridiculous. All the other classes have their special passives to help them ea: Rogues have initiative as support, mask have dodge, xelor have initiative as well, Enu have pp etc etc. Only summoner classes are crippled. I don't understand why Ankama remains to be so blind and not do their best towards these classes in order to work properly. Any other company wouldn't dare to cripple a class so much and wouldn't cause people to complain or quit the game.

The lack of understanding on Ankama's side is astonishing....

This post has been edited by Karakedi - February 14, 2014, 22:26:28.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-18
posté February 14, 2014, 22:25:26 | #46

Quote (Karakedi @ 14 February 2014 22:21) *

Quote (Rimali @ 14 February 2014 16:00) *

And don't forget that both Sadida and Osa have no cmc damage as passive to support them which is ridiculous. All the other classes have their special passives to help them ea: Rogues have initiative as support, mask have dodge, xelor have initiative as well, Enu have pp etc etc..
Thats so so true but of course grou is scared of summons and will do anything so that they dont do more than 200 damage/heal

This post has been edited by Neneko88 - February 14, 2014, 22:25:48.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2007-10-26
posté April 12, 2014, 22:04:45 | #47
So messy update...

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2005-12-15
posté May 08, 2014, 22:45:41 | #48
I don't get the late game Osa complaints. From 1-100 as a summon osa dual summons was FAR too powerful. Being able to hit 600+ with 2 Wild War Chiefs is retarded for lvl 55 (It's also AoE). You want Dual summons at 100+? Reduce CMC and give control, or give dmg sets CMC so they aren't dependent on one or the other. I made my osa a pvp hybrid so she can mono summon and use powerful fire/air spells for dmg/buff with the ability to dragon when needed. Works amazingly. If she was dual summon I'd be bored as f&^% casting whip every turn.. Give us better AI and dont worry about control. The games super team based after lvl 70.. so where is the fairness in an osa summoning 2 monsters that sum1 of equal level can barely kill 1 of? +Its buffed from CMC so it deals more than normal. I think people are crying over a mechanic thats broken and decreases to a fair point at higher levels.

posté November 16, 2014, 15:19:03 | #49
fight with shusu. yes