Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

The Story of the Foggernauts
Editorial Coordinator * Member Since 2012-05-16
posté September 20, 2012, 16:49:12 | #1
The Story of the Foggernauts Dearest fellow surface-dwellers. I've heard that a few of you are steaming mad and want some answers to your questions regarding the terrible tomfoolery that seems to have revealed us to you. It wasn't the best way for things to come about and we would have liked for everything to have gone a little bit more swimmingly...But unfortunately that's just sometimes the way it goes. Allow me to introduce myself: I'm Wicky Leeks, great historian and librarian, at the service of the Foggernaut royal family. Our regent sent me to meet you. He'd like me to tell you a little bit more about our people, our history and the future that we would like to build with you.
The first texts date back to before the Great Cataclysm, before Ogrest's Chaos and even before the beginning of the eight century, at the peak of the Dofus Era.

"Although it is true we have found traces of an ancient civilisation on the outskirts of Sufokia, it remains to be known what became of its inhabitants. The curious machines found under the Temple of Oktapodas leave us wondering whether the Foggernaut people were able to flee the surface and take refuge deep under the sea. Either way, their technology (or rather their technomagic, as it is written in more recently discovered books) seems to be very advanced indeed. Perhaps we could use this miracle to our advantage?"
Peter Allabord, 642

Over the course of time, the Sufokians turned to the way of Oktapodas and gradually became the new Foggernaut people; basically, our ancestors. But just like with the generations before you, Ogrest's Chaos wreaked havoc amongst our predecessors.

"King Agon seems to be going crazy. Obviously nobody dares say a word and instead they just blindly follow his orders. The loss of his daughter during the flood absolutely destroyed him. It seems that, ever since that moment, his spirit has been possessed by the purplish jewel known as Stasili. It's the only thing he talks about and he places all his faith in it. I'm not so sure our trusty technomagic will harmonise well with this strange stone. As long as we're in control, everything will be hunky-dory, I guess. As it stands, the mechanical defence equipment we dispose of requires a man on board in order to function. Tests are being carried as we speak to see if these wooden and steel beings can eventually become autonomous. Maybe this is the next step in our evolution? Then again, who am I to know?"
Darl Charwin, 790

This young scientist certainly didn't think it was sure to say, so we got researching. The people of Sufokia, wanting to flee the surface Chaos, followed in the footsteps of the very first Foggernauts. They built an immense dome at the bottom of the ocean and constructed a gigantic city within it. Believing that life up top was no more, they baptised their city 'Sufokia' in memory of their past life.
There, away from all the harm in the World, kings came and went and the people grew and evolved.

"Our research on technomagic is moving in the right direction! The Sufokians are stronger than ever! We've found a way to overcome the weakness of our organic bodies. Little by little, the workers have been replacing their tired limbs with prosthetics run on Stasis energy. If the first Foggernauts had the hang of technomagic, I think we can safely say that, thanks to Stasili, we've well and truly mastered it! The modern man will be mechanical. Think of all the advantages this unique knowledge could bring us! From our homes to our bodies, Stasis is absolutely everywhere, pleasantly leading us all into the same way of life. It's time for those still happy to live as Oktapodas made them to understand that, despite what he leads them to believe, we, the reformed Foggers, are better than them. May Rushu clamp down on their blessed butts! It's only thanks to our technomagic and our most advanced cognitive competences that our people continue to live on! One way or another we must seize the power that reigns over the city and convince our peers to embrace these changes on their own bodies, just like we have done ourselves. Who knows, perhaps we'll even be ready to resurface and annihilate those who fight against us... We used to be surface-dwellers, so these lands are rightfully ours!"
General Sid Sero, 816

Unfortunately, our benevolent King didn't see it the same way. Protecting his conventional men at all costs, he put down the rebellion. This event is known by our people as the Mechanical Uprising. A radical civil war raged for a number of long, dark days. Eventually, these events resulted in peace between the two sects. Body modifications are still being carried out all over, but the tensions have simmered down. The royal family solemnly swore never to resort to technomagical surgery to guarantee purity in their line of descent. During this time, our scientists invented soul receptacles running on Stasis energy. Our people were evolving and becoming increasingly mechanical. The majority of the population soon looked nothing like their ancestors.

"We need resources. We've run out of Stasis energy. We have to resurface and boldly go where Stasis exists in abundance in its natural state. Our guides have informed us that the ancient inhabitants of the World are still present. We must co-operate with them. Our appearance will no doubt repel them, but these primitive beings might just be our salvation! Whatever you do, do not cause them to panic. They must understand that we come in peace."
Regent Skye Nett (by order of Prince Adal), 969

Unfortunately, we have been overtaken. Apparently, some of the very first modified beings found prototypes of our mechanical shells and sent them into war against you. We're distraught. The last thing we want to do is rock the boat. We only wish for our people to survive, nothing more. A first wave of back-up will arrive soon, followed by the rest of us, if all goes to plan. Our receptacles have been designed to contain any new soul wanting to join us. Please, once again, accept our sincere apologies for this unfortunate turn of events. We would like to work together, hand in hand and side by side, towards a better future for our respective communities.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-08-29
posté September 20, 2012, 17:12:09 | #2
aww so all human foggernauts are dead that`s why their machines are as old remembering of the foggernauts

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-08-27
posté September 20, 2012, 17:17:21 | #3

Quote (Domesday @ 20 September 2012 17:12) *
aww so all human foggernauts are dead that`s why their machines are as old remembering of the foggernauts

not all of them dead..

The royal family solemnly swore never to resort to technomagical surgery to guarantee purity in their line of descent.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-08-29
posté September 20, 2012, 17:20:16 | #4
it`s possible that there was an disorderlike possibility that the people of sufokia are worried out?

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-08-27
posté September 20, 2012, 17:32:43 | #5
that could be possible ..

i just wondering why people of the bottom sea doesnt have water branch on their attack ?????  

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté September 20, 2012, 19:55:55 | #6
I couldn't be bothered to read any of it.
Fix some bugs!!!.

posté September 21, 2012, 03:58:28 | #7
I don;t quite get it, are there still many human foggernauts? or are most of them already robots? because the class page made it sound like the robot ones are only a few of them, "the King of the Foggernauts sent his militia ahead to the surface: this is the modified Foggernauts, those that the Technomogic had transformed"; but this blog says: "During this time, our scientists invented soul receptacles running on Stasis energy. Our people were evolving and becoming increasingly mechanical. The majority of the population soon looked nothing like their ancestors".
I'm confused. O.O

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2008-06-02
posté September 22, 2012, 04:33:40 | #8
is funny that the story make sense @all,so tell me when you reborn agen in incranam you come like a robot?, i hope the series stay the same the wakfu mmo is just a ripoff of farmvile the dofus story and wakfu is not connecting,and why not make the steamer( i hate use the word froggonot are whatever it is) full robot?? that is just a excuses for making cheap avatars,ankama i will go ahead of you guys win you make the next game of dofus/wakfu 1000 in the future what will the steamer be like??? flying head? a orb ? or the steamer will become human again possible SPOILER.
it a shame to see my fav gameing company game us the fan a cheap game and a poor story line(harvest seed?? WTH!!! is a loot of good idea how to multiple monster population like take the essence of the monster and do blablabla for more not some god make the monster able to make seed THAT CHEAP!! lake of creativity, am sorry for what I say you have done a great job but this story is cool but not for the dofus univers
it a shame how fans wast time posting stuff on forums and you the dev-team do noting .shame

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2006-03-20
posté September 22, 2012, 05:47:26 | #9

Quote (hand-of-honer @ 22 September 2012 04:33) *
is funny that the story make sense @all,so tell me when you reborn agen in incranam you come like a robot?, i hope the series stay the same the wakfu mmo is just a ripoff of farmvile the dofus story and wakfu is not connecting,and why not make the steamer( i hate use the word froggonot are whatever it is) full robot?? that is just a excuses for making cheap avatars,ankama i will go ahead of you guys win you make the next game of dofus/wakfu 1000 in the future what will the steamer be like??? flying head? a orb ? or the steamer will become human again possible SPOILER.
it a shame to see my fav gameing company game us the fan a cheap game and a poor story line(harvest seed?? WTH!!! is a loot of good idea how to multiple monster population like take the essence of the monster and do blablabla for more not some god make the monster able to make seed THAT CHEAP!! lake of creativity, am sorry for what I say you have done a great job but this story is cool but not for the dofus univers
it a shame how fans wast time posting stuff on forums and you the dev-team do noting .shame

Greetings Hand-of-honer (honor? honour?),

Tell me again how ANY character can just be created out of thin air? A humanoid cat or panda? Oh wait, this is a game, of course there's no logic.
Wakfu is a ripoff of farmville you say? Well please, go play farmville ! Wakfu is Dofus, just a 1000 years in the future, it's a sister game, not Dofus 3.0. They can make the fogger class full robot if they want, on Dofus Osas are human, yet on Wakfu they're extremely animalistic... I know, it's crazy how different games with a completely different set of developers approach things!
Wakfu is rather "unique" in terms of gameplay, ecosystem and politic system.. so please, if you find it cheap, move on, find a game more to your taste.

All in all your post is amusing, please, go cry elsewhere, there's enough of your kind of people on the forum already. Seriously.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-09-14
posté September 23, 2012, 14:27:32 | #10
Foggernauts looks just like Necrons from Warhammer 40.000

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2008-06-02
posté September 24, 2012, 00:20:48 | #11

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 22 September 2012 05:47) *

Quote (hand-of-honer @ 22 September 2012 04:33) *

Greetings Hand-of-honer (honor? honour?),

Tell me again how ANY character can just be created out of thin air? A humanoid cat or panda? Oh wait, this is a game, of course there's no logic.
Wakfu is a ripoff of farmville you say? Well please, go play farmville ! Wakfu is Dofus, just a 1000 years in the future, it's a sister game, not Dofus 3.0. They can make the fogger class full robot if they want, on Dofus Osas are human, yet on Wakfu they're extremely animalistic... I know, it's crazy how different games with a completely different set of developers approach things!
Wakfu is rather "unique" in terms of gameplay, ecosystem and politic system.. so please, if you find it cheap, move on, find a game more to your taste.

All in all your post is amusing, please, go cry elsewhere, there's enough of your kind of people on the forum already. Seriously.
i comment when and what i won to and i play the games that i won to, i post MY comment FOR the dev-team,(not for a random kawa) like the diamondback use to say: "I completely respect your opinion, as long as you keep it to yourself."

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2006-03-20
posté September 24, 2012, 03:14:53 | #12

i comment when and what i won to and i play the games that i won to, i post MY comment FOR the dev-team,(not for a random kawa) like the diamondback use to say: "I completely respect your opinion, as long as you keep it to yourself."

Going to go on a limb and assume English isn't your mother tongue, and take the higher ground and not correct all your errors.
Your comment is your opinion, you expressed it freely and so I turn expressed my opinion. Don't expect to just get away with posting utter nonsense on a forum, if you posted something constructive that wasn't all "QQ farmville QQ fogger robot, y no human?!" I might have just giggled and left it alone.

Welcome to the internet buddy.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-04-25
posté September 24, 2012, 05:09:00 | #13
OMG!
i'm simply am in love with this class =3
The art style is so cute (yeah,i do think that a gold robot with purple steam coming out of its body is cute,so deal with it. .-.)
The gameplay is so awesome (even though i am still trying to figure it out a good use for the blockades of the Earth branch)
And the story is actually pretty fun to read.
So basically what i'm saying is: LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT

Love you ankama

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-03-14
posté September 30, 2012, 19:47:57 | #14
So they do create new characters like the foggernaut, but what i don't understand is why they create new characters, and don't use the elliatrope from the wakfu series. I mean, wouldn't it be fun to teleport and sh*t.

posté October 01, 2012, 06:47:49 | #15
how to create this character?