Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Kamas in WAKFU
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2009-09-05
posté December 20, 2012, 20:20:35 | #21
I think the all kamas + kama recipes x10 is a good implementation.
This should help the lower level players a lot with selling and buying items / materials.

In my opinion, giving everyone 200K for free is a bad choice, even more if this is for every character instead of per account. (people might create 20 new accounts with a day or week subscription, meaning 100 chars & 20.000K for real money which isn't a good thing for Wakfu).
Like said before, it is a nicer thought that all kamas in game were created by players.

Bosses dropping kamas, I'm not sure about this yet. How Resonate it said sounded nice for the low level players but this could give high level players tons and tons of kamas per dungeon run which they will do anyway because they want certain drops (plus the drops can usually already be sold for pretty high prices).
When the higher level kama recipes come out this might not be so much anymore when you compare it with the time you could spend mining against the time it would take to run a dungeon but that is for later.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-11-19
posté December 20, 2012, 20:32:32 | #22
I hope you guys are kidding, no one wants to see item sets selling for could of million kamas.

this isi christmas, not april fool

if this is a joke, yeah why not. lets make a single bread 10 thousand kama

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté December 20, 2012, 20:37:33 | #23
I think the all kamas + kama recipes x10 is a good implementation. This should help the lower level players a lot with selling and buying items / materials.

You realize that this on its own doesn't do anything. It just adds a 0 to everything.

What has to be done is what TroubleAqua is telling. You need incentives to spend money late game. Even when you own everything there is to own already. Challenges for titles, achievements, ladders that cost kamas would be an option or the mentioned necessity to repair/replace equipment.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-12-13
posté December 20, 2012, 20:45:04 | #24
hey people needs money, LETS PRINT OUT MORE.

damn it, now we all have plenty of money, but its useless since

no one wants to sell anything for kama. eveyone has so much kama!

why did this happen?

INFLATION RETARDS.

I know some players already have couple of million kama.

there is nowhere really to spend kama and

its been stacking only between users. so make solutions, work hard and use brain.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté December 20, 2012, 20:57:20 | #25
The time taken to clear dungeon should be equal to time where we could instead mint kamas. Those who will find no group will go to mine for ore's and those with team and keys will go to dungeons, but the time in both situation to get kamas should be the same. Take average time of group clearing each dungeon into account and you will know what rewards should be from boss's.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-08-28
posté December 20, 2012, 20:58:46 | #26
sory about my bad english speak
kamas good at the maximum amount but whether it would be useful if we are ready with all the weapons and equipment (only use in zap, cannon, repair and maybe haven next world)

why not make a passport to visit other countries and if the use or zap cannon (no passport) then you are a violator of rules and must follow the local guards (note: the passport must be made by the state and the approval of other countries by paying kamas each month or a few days)

my suggest why not make a rate and different nation every example bonta kamas kamas (Bak), brakmar kamas (BRK), amakna kamas (aak) and sufokia kamas (sak)Because every nation have own product and now import and export should be used

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-25
posté December 20, 2012, 22:00:09 | #27

Quote (zunc @ 20 December 2012 20:58) *
sory about my bad english speak
kamas good at the maximum amount but whether it would be useful if we are ready with all the weapons and equipment (only use in zap, cannon, repair and maybe haven next world)

why not make a passport to visit other countries and if the use or zap cannon (no passport) then you are a violator of rules and must follow the local guards (note: the passport must be made by the state and the approval of other countries by paying kamas each month or a few days)

my suggest why not make a rate and different nation every example bonta kamas kamas (Bak), brakmar kamas (BRK), amakna kamas (aak) and sufokia kamas (sak)Because every nation have own product and now import and export should be used
You realize its still a game right?  

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2009-04-06
posté December 20, 2012, 23:15:21 | #28
Yep, looks like we're getting hyperinfllation for christmas this year. Not something you can wrap up in paper.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-05-12
posté December 21, 2012, 00:03:09 | #29
Kama x10

Oh tanks god so much kamas i'm rich all my problem are resolviNFLAAATION!

Kamas on boss

No. NO.

If you cant resist to destroy the last aspect of some originality in wakfu, please, do like this:

Quote (AngelicPorcelain @ 20 December 2012 22:00) *
"We didn’t decide yet the amount of Kamas received, and we would actually like to have your opinion on this point."Only receive kamas for the first 10 times defeating the boss, reduce this everytime.

dont make looting kamas on boss more profitable than mining or selling drops.

DONT, for god sake.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-25
posté December 21, 2012, 00:58:20 | #30

Quote (Jurambalco @ 21 December 2012 00:03) *
If you cant resist to destroy the last aspect of some originality in wakfu, please, do like this:

Quote (AngelicPorcelain @ 20 December 2012 22:00) *
"We didn’t decide yet the amount of Kamas received, and we would actually like to have your opinion on this point."Only receive kamas for the first 10 times defeating the boss, reduce this everytime.
That quote isn't mine

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-08-26
posté December 21, 2012, 01:24:44 | #31
No for 10x kamas.

No for kamas on bosses.

But anyway, the opinion of internation community don't have any value to Ankama than the french one. Sad but true.

This only go result on more inflation.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté December 21, 2012, 04:51:33 | #32
@Homaraga

Dude it was just a suggestion where to start. Don't call people stupid right away if you don't understand the idea. It won't make your arguement better. If you disagree then just say why and give your own idea. UB drops have nothing to do with dungeon runs. You could as well say that players who make legendary weapon should be rewarded in kamas for the time they spend leveling proffesion, so don't compare one thing to another. I was just clearly saying that if they have problem with amount of kamas that boss should drop in dungeon, then they should take into account the time that players are spenging to mint kamas. If all people will fight over ore's, some will choose to find somekeys to dungeons instead and do the dungeon. It will be harder way then mining because it will require them to be of proper level or have good team (or both) and mining simply require you to run from 1 ore to another and you dont even need to plant anything or kill monsters. Kamas from boss's could make more players likely to help others, new comers, because they will get kamas for that, so they might leave boring mining and group up for a change. If you think it's too much kamas then how about 1/2 of the time or 1/3? Make some constructive feedback instead of laughing at others opinions and calling them stupid.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - December 21, 2012, 04:53:09.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté December 21, 2012, 05:34:19 | #33
Why not just have Kama bags or something as uncommon drops on bosses which contain some kamas, or a guarenteed drop of it to 1 or 2 people in a full group. Opening the bag could either give a set amount of kamas or could follow the lotto system of Kwismas Stockings / krosboxes and have the posibility of giving an emote / title. Idk, just an idea xD

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-12-13
posté December 21, 2012, 05:51:10 | #34

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 21 December 2012 04:51) *
@Homaraga

Dude it was just a suggestion where to start. Don't call people stupid right away if you don't understand the idea. It won't make your arguement better. If you disagree then just say why and give your own idea. UB drops have nothing to do with dungeon runs. You could as well say that players who make legendary weapon should be rewarded in kamas for the time they spend leveling proffesion, so don't compare one thing to another. I was just clearly saying that if they have problem with amount of kamas that boss should drop in dungeon, then they should take into account the time that players are spenging to mint kamas. If all people will fight over ore's, some will choose to find somekeys to dungeons instead and do the dungeon. It will be harder way then mining because it will require them to be of proper level or have good team (or both) and mining simply require you to run from 1 ore to another and you dont even need to plant anything or kill monsters. Kamas from boss's could make more players likely to help others, new comers, because they will get kamas for that, so they might leave boring mining and group up for a change. If you think it's too much kamas then how about 1/2 of the time or 1/3? Make some constructive feedback instead of laughing at others opinions and calling them stupid.

you are the one compared that fails.

ub dungeon is a dungeon.

no one ever going to mine if the kama drops from dungeon runs

since already items drop from are better than almost every craft items.

This post has been edited by Homaraga - December 21, 2012, 05:53:04.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-10-02
posté December 21, 2012, 06:36:49 | #35
ooooh yea baby i love you mother fucking love you ankama my lvl 60 minning will be usefull hahhahaa

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2010-02-22
posté December 21, 2012, 07:36:44 | #36
Concerning boss drops, please make a reasonable amount, proportionally perhaps to the gear prices, or recipes. Otherwise would become much like Dofus where (at least on my server) all battles gave kamas but a decimal amount, useless...
500k maximum sounds reasonable since the biggest recipe will give now 60, so it's not 10 times the value, avoiding processes of dungeon spammers to become millionaires - this would make economy fall again into the same point.
But anyways will be an unavoidable tendency since Wakfu dungeons area easier and faster (less rooms then dofus, where you had 8 or even more) to be done, except by World bosses. So, kama reward on dungeons can be a tricky feature.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-06-28
posté December 21, 2012, 08:35:33 | #37
Haven't read any replies to this devblog, so this might have already been said.

1. The gap between rich and poor players will not improve by letting bosses drop kamas. It is the rich players who kill bosses often, they get the rare boss drops, and they sell the rare boss drops, and that is why they are rich in the first place.

2. By introducing more kamas into the economy, inflation will occur. The fact that every single player can create brand new kamas without removing anything from the economy means that the game will always suffer inflation, but adding even more kamas by letting the bosses drop them will only make the matters worse.

3. The issue with items being considered unsellable because they are too common would not be solved by inflating the economy. It would, however, easily be solved if you were to revert the markets back to what they were a year ago (or maybe make a combination of the two systems). Back when a player could place their haven bag anywhere on the trade bridge and then register their entire haven bag content with one click, the market was thriving in a way that is impossible now. Players who are actively looking for the common drops actually have issues finding them now, because other players believe they are unsellable, but they are very much sellable if only they were easier to find. I remember trade bridges being completely filled with haven bags, so filled that you would not find ONE empty space on the entire bridge, and I am confident that the playerbase is still big enough for that to happen if only the market system were to encourage it like it used to.

4. The market would also be better off if taxes were to be applied upon sales instead of upon advertising. In the real world you pay taxes when items are actually being exchanged between people, not every single time one person is simply trying to sell it. Taxes in the game right now are discouraging selling items and therefor hurting the market. Yes, it is true that the governments will get less kamas if the taxes were to be applied less often, but the market would also be used a lot more which should result in more kamas in the treasury.

5. I like that 1 kama means a lot. It is different from other games. If it is too hard for a new player to get 1 kama, don't inflate the entire economy but just simply give them 10 kamas together with Jonk's bag and they will have a decent starter pack right there. An extra introduction of 10 kamas per character will not inflate the economy much, but all your other ideas would.

I hope it is clear that I am against all the ideas posted in this devblog, and I hope my suggestions will give you a different perspective and better ideas.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-06-25
posté December 21, 2012, 08:46:35 | #38
I agree with kamas recipe changes, but boss drop? HELL NO (sorry for caps). I mean, it's what makes Wakfu unique, why you want to change it?

Btw, rich people becomes rich because of his hardwork, poor people is lazy person.

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté December 21, 2012, 11:00:15 | #39
I don't like the idea of bosses dropping kamas. Just make professions (except miner) more profitable. Right now you're just making mining even easier, while other profs are almost useless compared to it... Almost everyone mines already, because it's the easiest way to get kamas, and yet you're making it even easier by changing recipes AND giving it a pet with +50% hervesting speed...

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2006-06-27
posté December 21, 2012, 11:26:21 | #40

Quote (Nillii @ 21 December 2012 08:35) *
Haven't read any replies to this devblog, so this might have already been said.

1. The gap between rich and poor players will not improve by letting bosses drop kamas. It is the rich players who kill bosses often, they get the rare boss drops, and they sell the rare boss drops, and that is why they are rich in the first place.

2. By introducing more kamas into the economy, inflation will occur. The fact that every single player can create brand new kamas without removing anything from the economy means that the game will always suffer inflation, but adding even more kamas by letting the bosses drop them will only make the matters worse.

3. The issue with items being considered unsellable because they are too common would not be solved by inflating the economy. It would, however, easily be solved if you were to revert the markets back to what they were a year ago (or maybe make a combination of the two systems). Back when a player could place their haven bag anywhere on the trade bridge and then register their entire haven bag content with one click, the market was thriving in a way that is impossible now. Players who are actively looking for the common drops actually have issues finding them now, because other players believe they are unsellable, but they are very much sellable if only they were easier to find. I remember trade bridges being completely filled with haven bags, so filled that you would not find ONE empty space on the entire bridge, and I am confident that the playerbase is still big enough for that to happen if only the market system were to encourage it like it used to.

4. The market would also be better off if taxes were to be applied upon sales instead of upon advertising. In the real world you pay taxes when items are actually being exchanged between people, not every single time one person is simply trying to sell it. Taxes in the game right now are discouraging selling items and therefor hurting the market. Yes, it is true that the governments will get less kamas if the taxes were to be applied less often, but the market would also be used a lot more which should result in more kamas in the treasury.

5. I like that 1 kama means a lot. It is different from other games. If it is too hard for a new player to get 1 kama, don't inflate the entire economy but just simply give them 10 kamas together with Jonk's bag and they will have a decent starter pack right there. An extra introduction of 10 kamas per character will not inflate the economy much, but all your other ideas would.

I hope it is clear that I am against all the ideas posted in this devblog, and I hope my suggestions will give you a different perspective and better ideas.

I completely agree with all of your points

~Misfits