Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Haven Worlds
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-08-05
posté June 25, 2013, 00:07:00 | #41

Quote (Troyle @ 24 June 2013 18:03) *
Additional information:

There will now be a limit of 200 maximum members in a Guild. This is implemented to solve the issue where guilds with too many members would experience game breaking display bugs.

If your guild has more than 200 members after the update, you will simply not be able to recruit more, and your guild interface will only list 200 of them.

You can not possibly be serious. Twohundred members in a guild is close to nothing!

Fix your stuff, Ankama. We can not even use alts to get guild points this way. What is the point of this whole guild revamp then?

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-04-11
posté June 25, 2013, 00:27:12 | #42

Quote (Troyle @ 24 June 2013 16:00) *

we wanted to bring Guilds back right in the center of the game. It’ll now be the case.

Well, you're doing it wrong by limiting the amount of members to 200 just because of a bug, current guilds with 300+ members (which are the ones more likely to get a HW and actually start outright building in it) are not happy.

The prices for Haven World buildings were initially based on a 50,000 kama per player in guild per week if the guild has 10 active members (that is 500,000 kama per week for the "active members"). If you cap the maximum members in a Guild you're either wanting small guilds to thrive or want big guilds to be torn apart.

What's the point? To make new guilds for alts or players that aren't cut to be on the existing guild with this absurd cap? I know you guys are not kicking the members of the guild but you're forcing the players to do so if we want to have more players.

Can you please reconsider this? Keep in mind that you're not introducing guild alliances with this update.

I thought "well, there's a crazy amount of small guilds for whatever reason, with the HW update players might actually want to join bigger guilds, guilds that are active and have never gone inactive or just stop messing around with personal guilds" but it seems you guys actually want more guilds to be created.

Is this for PvP/GvsG purposes? Stop making the game PvP oriented, there are really just a few people that actually enjoy this and are devoted to that.

The standard PvP maniac is a player that gets to cap level, gets the ultimate available gear, proves his/her worth as a fighter then goes inactive until new equipment is added or the level cap increased. You guys really want your playerbase to be like that?  

posté June 25, 2013, 00:49:53 | #43

Quote (katralynn @ 24 June 2013 22:00) *

Quote (saphiLC @ 24 June 2013 21:37) *
And about blind state removal.... just 2 words.... dragon pig
Yup... instead of fixing DP they fixed us... how nice
They could at least change the spell name and make it "Waste of Time Arrow" "Disorientate Arrow" or something stupid. It doesn't actually BLIND any more, it just Disorientates.

Fix Dragon Pig's problem, don't nerf the class just to keep your failure of a boss in check. Maybe you should consider the definition of "rebalancing" because you just seem to think that it has to do with nerfing everything to death instead of actually generating a positive outcome. Instead of thinking "how can we gimp the players against the bosses and each other" it should be "how can we make the bosses and players stronger against each other" so that tactics actually come into play instead of just beating down on the player because you borked your own dragonpig?

Also, 200 guild member cap? Are you even awake when you guys discuss and implement these kinds of changes? People can reach that level cap with just their alts. Not everyone wants all their alts spread out over various guilds. That would ruin loyalty factors, for one. I have 4 accounts. Each character spot is being used. That is 20 characters in a single guild because I refuse to spread out my loyalties. And yet, you are telling me that ... because I pay for four accounts... because I give you money for four accounts... that I have to either go to another guild (to free up space for players instead of characters) or I have to just be guildless on those characters...

I'm sorry, but even if I did overlook the entire stupid price setup and point distribution and the over all bum-prodding you're doing to guilds (especially level 20 guilds) via Haven Worlds/Guild-Revamps, etc.... I cannot overlook this. It's a slap in the face. Are you trying to get people to quit? because if you tear apart their guilds (some guilds that have 300+ members for instance) then they are not going to want to deal with it. I mean yeah people are free to just walk away but we love this game... but you're making it to where it's like.. "Oh god are they going to rip apart my Wakfu Family today?!" at this point.

I just don't understand why this is a thing. If you had a logical explanation why you want to rip apart guild families in this game, then by all means, I'm willing to listen... however, you have to be willing to listen in return...? You never even asked an opinion on what this would do to/for/against us... you just did it... and didn't even put it in the patch notes, just somewhere further down as an "Oh btw ravaged your guild member cap, lol"

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté June 25, 2013, 02:00:33 | #44
I am so happy you are limiting guild sizes! I'm so sick of 3 powerful guilds running the show and giving us small guilds a chance.

posté June 25, 2013, 02:10:42 | #45
Well now cra got other nerf i think i need to find a other class :'(

AND BTW WHERE IS GUILD OFFICE I WANT A CROUUUM

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté June 25, 2013, 02:35:26 | #46
If you ask me, Blindness is not overpowered - you can still use your spells, though at limited range. Some classes can still do well even at minimal range. You could instead add resistance to Blindness state in equipement instead of replacing it with Disoriented state. Stun is worse still, yet you keep it as an optional state that might happen when we fight vs Iop or Ecaflip - both being high damage dealers. It is so ridiuclous that you add the ability to stop enemy from having their turn to a class that already has damage adventage over others. Stuns, if any, should be rather given to those with low damage. Or it should be an effect of a weak in damage spell: to use it when we want to get stun at the risk of doing less damage within turn then we normally would in case stun didn't happen.

You are just doing some bad decisions in a rush to "fix" something.
The easiest solution isn't always the best one. We expect to have good fix instead of replacement of the problem by giving us something else in its place. This is so wrong...

And the only thing that makes me interested in the whole HW update is the ability to create own "areas" where we can fight - we could use that for personal pvp arenas. Everything else seems just too costly to bother and i am afraid there will be problems with HW locations (or refunds) when you will decide to change nation maps.

Few days ago i was eager to even subscribe but then i realised those few things and the fact that Sadida is still not well revamped is just keeping me away from paying. It's good to see that you are at least buffing fire enutrof's. I hope you will eventually buff other classes as well.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-02-23
posté June 25, 2013, 02:56:06 | #47
Just came up with something, they nerfed blinding because of dragon pig, there was a tactic to beat him with blinding, now they nerfed it, they made dragon pig to be not beaten, they just dont want us to beat it??

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-04-24
posté June 25, 2013, 04:24:15 | #48
Can't help but think a cast limit on destructive arrow would've been enough to nerf the earth cras, kinda sad to see fire enus getting a buff, I like being the only gay in the village if you get my meaning!

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté June 25, 2013, 04:54:40 | #49
I have a feeling that the earth Cra nerfs happened as a result of reviewing Dragon Pig logs... Ankama has been quite keen to increase the damages of riddling, lashing, and destructive arrow but suddenly had a change of heart. Destructive arrow in particular was really only useful for bosses, as everything else would usually be dead before enough riddling would stack on a single mob for destructive arrow to become significantly useful. The nerfs are justifiable though, as air and fire Cra spells were kind of lacking in comparison to earth, although air and fire could still do with a small damage increase in my opinion.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-02
posté June 25, 2013, 05:30:52 | #50

Quote (PurpleCosmos @ 24 June 2013 22:02) *
Troyle,

I have read over the class bug fixes and changes, and I truly don't want to be "that person" but please understand. I am very upset that it has been almost two months since I messaged you regarding a bug with the Sram Classes "Trauma" spell. It is still only doing half damage while invisible. This really messes up my build because my Sram is built specifically on invisibility and it does not have the proper spells leveled to be as good as it could be while it is invisible.

I understand the Dev's have other priorities but please, please, please either add it to tonight's changes or Hotfix this quick. It has been an issue for a couple months now.

I appreciate it, thank you.

Lunar.

+1

I feel like this is something that needs to be looked at more so.

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté June 25, 2013, 05:36:14 | #51
Oh my lord did anyone actually think Destructive Arrow was balanced?

For God sake it was a 6AP skill that when maxed could spit out 560 base damage. Maybe now it'll be used properly with a lot of built up Riddling seeing as it still has a potential of 355 base damage without a critical hit.

Then some people are losing one base damage on some skills and they think the build is completely ruined. FotM is a problem with Wakfu PvP. Maybe now there will be some more Air and Fire Cra again.

Fire Enutrof buff was nice. And I agree with others that it was silly to change our spells instead of Dragon Pig, since the changes to Blindness were clearly created out of abusing the state to easily beat Dragon Pig. Most bosses are immune to it anyways, and with all classes unable to cause it now there's no point to make him vulnerable to it anymore either.

• Mango

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-01-09
posté June 25, 2013, 06:33:17 | #52
All this Class Blindness removal makes me chuckle.

Wondering if dev's even know their classes. You missed feca's Flame Carpet. As useless as it is it can still apply blindness.

Plus an UB should not lead to a state removal. Because I bet all monsters can still apply that **** to us .

Giving an UB immunities to states is a simpler solution. (but what the **** do I know about keeping effects in a game instead of trying to remake the wheel every time I need to go for a drive).

The 200 peep guild limit seems like a cop out for saying we don't want you to max the new Haven World material too fast. (there will always be a race to finish crap first, let them waste their time) Leave the guilds to recruit the size that they deem fit.

~Ryn

overall satisfaction 6.5/10

This post has been edited by RynthZero - June 25, 2013, 06:35:28.
Reason for edit : :P
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2011-08-16
posté June 25, 2013, 08:07:44 | #53
To be honest, the thing I hope for the most is that the translation doesn't spell the new status effect as "Disorientated", when it should probably be "Disoriented".

If they spell it incorrectly, I'm going to just go cross-eyed. :|

Also, I'd probably have made Disoriented be a static 100% chance of inflicting a non-stackable -2 or -3 Range penalty, but that's just me. Make those people that statted out Range and have Range bonuses smile in glee, make the rest feel the pain.

~ Mielle

posté June 25, 2013, 08:15:51 | #54
where are stasis changes ? i want foggernaut changes :I

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-04-17
posté June 25, 2013, 08:31:09 | #55
Some rise sets in the east, sets in the west. Looking forward to this, keep it up. Talking revamps and heaven worlds I'm dreamin success.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-06-02
posté June 25, 2013, 09:26:35 | #56
I really don't understand the rationale for reducing the amount of guild members. There's a display bug, so instead of doing the sensible thing and fixing it, they instead stab any guild with more than 200 members in the back.

Could anyone from Ankama confirm whether this is a temporary workaround until this is fixed? Because that's the only way I can rationalise this – if you're really trying to "bring Guilds back right in the center of the game" it seems kind of strange to arbitrarily impose restrictions on them.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté June 25, 2013, 10:03:14 | #57
If removal of blindness was because of Dragon Pig, they could simply make Dragon's Pig spells not modifiable in range (or leave some of them modifiable only) so that it can still use some spells when blind.

I liked the Blindness state because of those non-modifiable spells that shine with their usefulnes when you are blind. Now there is no positive aspect of the "non modifiable" range, only the negative one, that it cannot be increased. -1Range doesn't change anything, especially that we usually have +1 range from stats, wich only make us have normal range in case Disoriented happen.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-01-26
posté June 25, 2013, 10:16:33 | #58

Quote (Brokonaut @ 25 June 2013 05:36) *

For God sake it was a 6AP skill that when maxed could spit out 560 base damage. Maybe now it'll be used properly with a lot of built up Riddling seeing as it still has a potential of 355 base damage without a critical hit.

Then some people are losing one base damage on some skills and they think the build is completely ruined. FotM is a problem with Wakfu PvP. Maybe now there will be some more Air and Fire Cra again.

Fire Enutrof buff was nice. And I agree with others that it was silly to change our spells instead of Dragon Pig, since the changes to Blindness were clearly created out of abusing the state to easily beat Dragon Pig. Most bosses are immune to it anyways, and with all classes unable to cause it now there's no point to make him vulnerable to it anymore either.

• Mango
Oh yeah, and you know

punishment and execution are just fine. Nothin like dropping 170 base of something with 200% final damage, or 213 base several times a fight.

BALANCED THOUGH.

VERY BALANCED.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-06-21
posté June 25, 2013, 10:48:17 | #59
Blinding Arrow that causes Disorientation?Whats going on here ppl oO !!!!!Ankama has fun i guess

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-01-04
posté June 25, 2013, 11:20:21 | #60
@ Kikuihimonji, Grou said that all states (such as stuns, blindness, madness, etc.) will be nerfed in the future to be less "game-breaking". So put your mind at ease.
Although I don't see how stuns are game-breaking since it's a recurrent element in most MMOs especially for warrior-type classes like Iops. But I'd like to see that they implement a one-turn immunity to stuns after being stunned in PvP. That way Stun-Locking can no longer be executed. Maybe something similar to "Toughen up". Or maybe stun resistance after being stunned, something along the same lines of Hyperaction and Hypermovement. Or maybe just make it that stunned targets lose half their AP, MP and WP without missing their turn.

Quote (HateSpawn @ 25 June 2013 10:16) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 25 June 2013 05:36) *

• Mango
Oh yeah, and you know

punishment and execution are just fine. Nothin like dropping 170 base of something with 200% final damage, or 213 base several times a fight.

BALANCED THOUGH.

VERY BALANCED.
Well said.

This post has been edited by UberShanks - June 25, 2013, 11:22:02.