Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

A Game of Thwones
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté August 26, 2013, 18:54:57 | #21
okay saphi that was sarcarm about nox's population and the eni revamp.

I do not think new players should be directed to dathura b/c nox will die, it has few enough people already. I've posted about this repeatedly as all new players are told nox is a cesspool of toxicity and to contact a dev to change servers.

The eni revamp is a disaster. I've posted extensively about why in the eni devblog denoting the change of giving fortifying word a wp cost and why this will be awful b/c eni can no longer heal without los and has no real way to navigate a battlefield and escape lock. I don't think grou realizes how this truly has a ripple effect that will change combat and strategies for entire groups and that this spell had a wp cost in closed beta and it didn't work then and it won't work now.

Obviously you're still upset about a comment that I made in another thread that was weeks ago. I barely even remember it but I know that your reaction indicated that you read something into my comment that I had not meant. It was a miscommunication. I don't know you, I'm sure you're a nice person. Whatever I said, I do not want to have an ongoing conflict with you. If I have upset you and you're still holding on to it, I accept the blame for being entirely wrong and I apologize deeply from my heart and hope you will forgive me and we can move on.

I'm also very sorry that I play more accounts than 2. I do frequently group with other people and only use 1 or 2 of my characters. I ran people through dungeons all weekend. I play in the morning on weekdays and no one is on, and it's just fun for me, and I like it. It's fun for me to work out strategies and execute them when no one else is even going to sign on that I know for like 7 hours. Sometimes i just work on crafting on one account.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - August 26, 2013, 19:15:47.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-01-22
posté August 26, 2013, 19:14:29 | #22
Making it that placing a Time Rift cost 1WP is utterly atrocious. This way It's too restricting for the Xelor and it diminishes its utility greatly. I really don't understand the reasoning behind this change at all. Maybe Troyle or someone could shed some light on this matter.

You could have at least made it that there's 45% chance to regain 1WP back after moving a target over the time rift or something since the time rift is destroyed anyways. This way the Xelor could maintain his utility and maximize his team-play efficiency if you insist on the 1WP cost. Honestly, this doesn't seem like a well-thought-out modification at all. I really hope that they rethink this immediately.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté August 26, 2013, 19:20:27 | #23
At this point in time, I'd recommend any new players join Dathura. So far it has been untainted by the dupers and has a higher overall population.

Nox needs a server merge to survive. I can't see how that will happen however.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté August 26, 2013, 19:37:45 | #24

Quote (Gynrei @ 26 August 2013 19:20) *
At this point in time, I'd recommend any new players join Dathura. So far it has been untainted by the dupers and has a higher overall population.

And the sad thing is for many of us we had no choice. Square enix got north american distribution and we had to go with them. We were told we could not join any other server. Duping went on all through beta and though it was reported it still happened on live. The people involved in most of the stuff on nox from account hacking to duping were well known and repeat offenders and by the time anything was finally done about it square enix left and the started letting players transfer to dathura. Most of the troublemakers are finally gone and the duping seems to now certainly be a thing of the past as it doesn't include many of the highest item levels now in game and those duped items have lost relevance or will soon with wabbit island, but the server's reputation was ruined and now all the new players will join dathura.

It just makes me so filled with apathy to think about starting over again when my main character has all but 3 professions maxed. Not to mention all the resources and gear and accomplishments I've made. I don't think I can do it. I think I'd just let it all go if nox is going to die, then I think I'll just cancel my accounts and find another game entirely. Nox won't get any more new players though, anyone who reads the forums will go to dathura so it's just a matter of time.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - August 26, 2013, 19:38:50.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté August 26, 2013, 19:41:31 | #25
What about Fogger's Stasis branch? Is that being fixed so the resistance debuff applies?

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-10-22
posté August 26, 2013, 19:48:47 | #26

Quote (Troyle @ 26 August 2013 16:00) *
Sadida

Brambly Armor: Will be rebalanced as follows :
Bramble: Damage will now be 25 at level 100 (instead of 30),
Fertilizer: Damage will now be 34 at level 100 (instead of 40),
Wild Grass: Damage will now be 37 at level 100 (instead of 32).

Da faq is this garbage? Grou nerffed the two spells Sadidas normally use to apply Brambly Armour, and buffed the one that Sadidas normally do not use to apply Brambly Armour? How does this make any sense at all? Since when was Brambly Armour so over-powered that it deserved a nerf like this?

I can't wait to see all of the other nerfs Grou has made to this poor class. You know, the ones too "minor" to be mentioned in this change log, even though they are not minor at all in any way. Cut Sadidas some slack, yeesh.

This post has been edited by Moongrove89 - August 26, 2013, 19:52:50.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté August 26, 2013, 19:49:21 | #27
Also... you're making Eniripsas No-LOS spell cost a Wakfu Point AND 4ap AND a 2/turn restriction? Holy clusterfock.

Not only is this going to make the game WAY harder than it needs to be.....

It's also going to force me to make myself a GobGob Osamodas to help compensate in team battles.

Thank Osamodas that I kept my Milkar equips and was prepping for a disaster for Eniripsas just in case, but still, wow. Just wow.

JUST FREAKING WOW!

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté August 26, 2013, 20:16:06 | #28
A+ disaster update.

"Hey let's nerf the op class that is Sadida"

"Xelor's Underhand needs a nerf. We could balance it properly...OR we make it more expensive, add WP costs and limit it so it is entirely useless and will not ever get used by anyone ever again."

"Someone mentioned Enis aren't using WP anymore? We could either develop an interesting new mechanic with WP...or we just nerf the main healing spell to hell..."

"Free respecs are actually fun for the players? Oh hells no, gotta milk our cash cow that is the "cosmetic shop""

There must be a mixture of lab monkeys and evil geniuses working at Ankama HQ...

And then there is auto follow.
It makes me endure this update.
That feature single handedly makes up for most of the trash you have been producing lately. But seriously step up your game and stop with the mindless nerf hammer swinging.

Intelligent Devs balance, they don't just nerf!

P.S.: I would really like to hear an explanation to that Sadida nerf. That is one of the most ridiculous patches I ever saw in a game.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-07-14
posté August 26, 2013, 20:17:15 | #29

Weapons with damage bonus to all elements (+X% Damage): For more coherence, the damages of these weapons will now be Chromatic.
What the hell, Ankama. I really, really want to see the justification behind this. None of that "for more coherence" crap. I really want to see it. I understood +Damage was generally more expensive in terms of item value than +Single-element Damage because it precisely covered all four elements. In turn, multi-elemental damage didn't count for heals. Are you effectively nerfing ALL items that grant multi-elemental damage because of this? Including Makabra items we bought with more or less an implicit guarantee they wouldn't be changed?

Also, what happened with all the "promoting hybrid builds" business? This only encourages mono-elemental builds even further if my +Damage weapon that grants less of a damage bonus that an alternative +(Fire/Water/Air/Earth) Damage will be effectively the same.
ALSO, why so much Sadida hate? ;_; Was Brambly Armor considered to be that OP? I don't get it at all.

EDIT: I would like to know if it's only the damage inflicted what becomes Chromatic instead of the damage bonus. It's not so clear from the description. If it's the former, that is actually pretty good. My point about Sadida nerfs still stands, though.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - August 26, 2013, 20:39:46.
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-21
posté August 26, 2013, 20:34:49 | #30
Troyle, how are chromatic weapons effecting stasis damage? Also, are we ever getting our satisfied bonus back?

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté August 26, 2013, 20:35:31 | #31

Quote (FurmentalAlchemy @ 26 August 2013 20:17) *

Weapons with damage bonus to all elements (+X% Damage): For more coherence, the damages of these weapons will now be Chromatic.
What the hell, Ankama. I really, really want to see the justification behind this. None of that "for more coherence" crap. I really want to see it. I understood +Damage was generally more expensive in terms of item value than +Single-element Damage because it precisely covered all four elements. In turn, multi-elemental damage didn't count for heals. Are you effectively nerfing ALL items that grant multi-elemental damage because of this? Including Makabra items we bought with more or less an implicit guarantee they wouldn't be changed?

Also, what happened with all the "promoting hybrid builds" business? This only encourages mono-elemental builds even further if my +Damage weapon that grants less of a damage bonus that an alternative +(Fire/Water/Air/Earth) Damage will be effectively the same. ALSO, why so much Sadida hate? ;_; Was Brambly Armor considered to be that OP? I don't get it at all.
Please let me explain it to you as i believe you dont understand it well enough. What Troyle is talking about is the elemental dmg the weapon deals not the dmg bonus on that weapon itself. So that makawand will instead of water dmg deal fire dmg if you have high fire dmg % or air if you have high air dmg %.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-07-14
posté August 26, 2013, 20:38:57 | #32

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 26 August 2013 20:35) *

Quote (FurmentalAlchemy @ 26 August 2013 20:17) *

Also, what happened with all the "promoting hybrid builds" business? This only encourages mono-elemental builds even further if my +Damage weapon that grants less of a damage bonus that an alternative +(Fire/Water/Air/Earth) Damage will be effectively the same. ALSO, why so much Sadida hate? ;_; Was Brambly Armor considered to be that OP? I don't get it at all.
Please let me explain it to you as i believe you dont understand it well enough. What Troyle is talking about is the elemental dmg the weapon deals not the dmg bonus on that weapon itself. So that makawand will instead of water dmg deal fire dmg if you have high fire dmg % or air if you have high air dmg %.
Yeah, I gave it another read and that's how it seems that will work now. It's still counter-intuitive for the times you had a weapon that didn't match your highest elemental mastery on purpose to deal with high-resist enemies against your main element, but it's a good change save such fringe cases overall.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-04-09
posté August 26, 2013, 21:25:19 | #33

Quote (cyndiloo @ 26 August 2013 18:54) *
okay saphi that was sarcarm about nox's population and the eni revamp.

I do not think new players should be directed to dathura b/c nox will die, it has few enough people already. I've posted about this repeatedly as all new players are told nox is a cesspool of toxicity and to contact a dev to change servers.

The eni revamp is a disaster. I've posted extensively about why in the eni devblog denoting the change of giving fortifying word a wp cost and why this will be awful b/c eni can no longer heal without los and has no real way to navigate a battlefield and escape lock. I don't think grou realizes how this truly has a ripple effect that will change combat and strategies for entire groups and that this spell had a wp cost in closed beta and it didn't work then and it won't work now.

Obviously you're still upset about a comment that I made in another thread that was weeks ago. I barely even remember it but I know that your reaction indicated that you read something into my comment that I had not meant. It was a miscommunication. I don't know you, I'm sure you're a nice person. Whatever I said, I do not want to have an ongoing conflict with you. If I have upset you and you're still holding on to it, I accept the blame for being entirely wrong and I apologize deeply from my heart and hope you will forgive me and we can move on.

I'm also very sorry that I play more accounts than 2. I do frequently group with other people and only use 1 or 2 of my characters. I ran people through dungeons all weekend. I play in the morning on weekdays and no one is on, and it's just fun for me, and I like it. It's fun for me to work out strategies and execute them when no one else is even going to sign on that I know for like 7 hours. Sometimes i just work on crafting on one account.
Sorry, you should place "/sarcasm" at the end so ppl who dont know you a lot understands it, i swear i thought u was saying that for real... i saw many ppl in these forums who act like "Grou's personal lower-back cleaners (with their tongues)" that i dont know what to think anymore, but yeah, sorry again, and yeah im a nice person, im not a conformist thats all, so I may overreact sometimes(most of the time) to make a point, and since english isnt my mother language sometimes what i write may sound weird or offensive, but nah. And yeah... hope they merge servers.. but without loosing gear or lvl... that would suck big.

This post has been edited by saphiLC - August 26, 2013, 21:26:44.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-02-09
posté August 26, 2013, 22:10:50 | #34
Sad to see that u are alredy starting to destroy the great work u did on the xelor revamp.
Time Rift was the one thing that gave the xelor a chance in pvp against locking and close combat classes. and it made him usefull for UB's . So back in the corner again

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-07-07
posté August 26, 2013, 22:11:29 | #35
The balancing of underhand is reasonable except for the cost of 1WP to place a time rift. Xelors are going to be really discouraged from the usage of this spell, especially if they don't main in air, with respect to its teleportation ability. It hurts the versatility of the air branch after it received more purpose with the excellent revamp. If anything, in terms of cost, raise the AP amount further, even throw in MP if necessary but WP is too expensive, considering that you also have to use temporal distortion to move something to the rift. Xelors were more useful for UB & dungeon runs because of this mechanic, being somewhat of a nice alternative to the panda if one wasn't available. I hope the devs really reconsider this change.

The follow mechanic is cool, I've been waiting for this feature so I can be lazy.  

This post has been edited by Rusoke - August 26, 2013, 22:13:47.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-11-28
posté August 26, 2013, 22:26:29 | #36
Umm what do you do if you have forgot your secret answer?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté August 26, 2013, 22:29:11 | #37

Quote (qZEROp @ 26 August 2013 22:26) *
Umm what do you do if you have forgot your secret answer?
yeah i have no idea what mine is i forgot my password once and was super lucky i kept the email...

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté August 26, 2013, 22:31:31 | #38

Quote (Gynrei @ 26 August 2013 19:20) *

And french is the official language, no thanks

This post has been edited by Rokugatsu - August 26, 2013, 22:32:01.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté August 26, 2013, 22:39:39 | #39

Quote (Moongrove89 @ 26 August 2013 19:48) *

Sadida

Brambly Armor: Will be rebalanced as follows :
Bramble: Damage will now be 25 at level 100 (instead of 30),
Fertilizer: Damage will now be 34 at level 100 (instead of 40),
Wild Grass: Damage will now be 37 at level 100 (instead of 32).

Da faq is this garbage? Grou nerffed the two spells Sadidas normally use to apply Brambly Armour, and buffed the one that Sadidas normally do not use to apply Brambly Armour? How does this make any sense at all? Since when was Brambly Armour so over-powered that it deserved a nerf like this?

I can't wait to see all of the other nerfs Grou has made to this poor class. You know, the ones too "minor" to be mentioned in this change log, even though they are not minor at all in any way. Cut Sadidas some slack, yeesh.
Lol let's talk about being a little swiss knife now. The worst employee of the year just hates us.

Atleast, he didn't touch the water branch for sadidas.

========================

Eni Revamp, Sadida Nerf; Please explain, This Patch

Ankama patches don't get worse do they? Oh but they do.

FAREWELL AUTUMN, my beautiful water/earth Sadida. Farewell!
FAREWELL CaWinkiDink, my beautiful water eni!!

This post has been edited by aquabeauty - August 26, 2013, 22:47:22.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-01-30
posté August 26, 2013, 23:08:01 | #40

Why is that needed?
There is a tale: If something works well, don't fix it! You are trying to do the opposite!