Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Hotfix for 1.27 - 04.09.2013
Community Manager * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté September 03, 2013, 18:08:17 | #1
Hotfix for 1.27 - 04.09.2013

Combat

• To prevent a combat flaw identified in Haven Worlds, placement cells will now be spread all over the combat area, and no longer cover the entire area. Please note that abusing this bug before the fix will be considered as an exploit and lead to sanctions taken against your account.

Another information: During the weekly maintenance of Tuesday, September 3rd, the experience provided by Wabbit monsters has been modified as follows:
  • Black Tiwabbit: +12%
  • Black Wabbit: +15%
  • Black Wo Wabbit: +12.5%
  • Black Gwandpa Wabbit: +16%
  • Mini Lenald: +7%
  • Lenald: +7%
  • Old Lenald: +9%
  • Fatt Lenald: +3%

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-01-30
posté September 03, 2013, 18:48:55 | #2
Wait?Does that mean using decoration to manipulate the map is illewgal?

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-04-09
posté September 03, 2013, 18:50:18 | #3
mmm more like you can set up the map so the monsters cant reach you.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-03-10
posté September 03, 2013, 19:06:54 | #4

[18:53:16] Avu: got to love ankamas style of punishing people for their own retardness

Quoting someone who abandoned this game from a chatlog.

You guys are unbelievable. So I am supposed to just not farm in Haven World anymore since the possibility exists that the starting positions line up like this and for your fault of making it this way I will get my account banned?

This happens out of HW too btw. So am I still allowed to farm northern chafers at the edge of the map? Because there you can enforce such battlefields as well just by...you know...starting a battle there. Because your genius level designers had to make a kind of mountain ledge there.

What is with people that did not read this? This is hardly noticeable as a bug to them. Account ban for not following very well hidden patch logs on forums?

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté September 03, 2013, 19:08:17 | #5

Quote (mimijka @ 03 September 2013 19:06) *

[18:53:16] Avu: got to love ankamas style of punishing people for their own retardness

Quoting someone who abandoned this game from a chatlog.

You guys are unbelievable. So I am supposed to just not farm in Haven World anymore since the possibility exists that the starting positions line up like this and for your fault of making it this way I will get my account banned?

This happens out of HW too btw. So am I still allowed to farm northern chafers at the edge of the map? Because there you can enforce such battlefields as well just by...you know...starting a battle there. Because your genius level designers had to make a kind of mountain ledge there.

What is with people that did not read this? This is hardly noticeable as a bug to them. Account ban for not following very well hidden patch logs on forums?

Sorry this was my post, forgot to log my account.

posté September 03, 2013, 20:13:43 | #6
This is just stupid, There is no argument at all. You create and destroy.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-07-11
posté September 04, 2013, 00:07:32 | #7

Quote (Sargent-Wiggest @ 03 September 2013 20:13) *
This is just stupid, There is no argument at all. You create and destroy.
Not when you have people abusing this and controling mobs for their drops

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté September 04, 2013, 00:19:06 | #8
So we can be banned just be fighting mobs in our havenbworlds. I thought creating our own battle field was encouraged...
we lined ours up because it kept the mobs controlled and wasn't as much of an eyesore. But if I am going to be banned because of this....

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-07-28
posté September 04, 2013, 00:25:59 | #9
Implement a standard training ground for HW!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-06-03
posté September 04, 2013, 03:49:25 | #10
its no big deal. so there arent going to be half and half maps anymore. its a shame, but hardly an exploit. they occur in the wild too.

Larva Rangers * Member Since 2011-12-23
posté September 04, 2013, 04:52:07 | #11
So is just using the half/half starting map to manipulate where the enemy is now bad?
We are still allowed to funnel mobs down a corridor so they all cant rush us at once?
Are we still allowed to use something/someone to block the corridor so the tank takes a hit and not everyone else?

I'm guessing this is HW only, since we can't control the battlefield in the wild (not everywhere).

This wont stop those with the ability to position mobs to still do so and just because the map isnt 50/50 doesnt mean the enemies and the players can't be on opposite sides of the field.

posté September 04, 2013, 09:52:13 | #12

Quote (Maxiliano @ 03 September 2013 18:48) *
Wait?Does that mean using decoration to manipulate the map is illewgal?

No it’s not. You are still welcome to create your own custom battle maps with decorations.

What is forbidden however is to manipulate the battlefield with decoration in a way that prevents the AI from fighting. Adding obstacles with decorations is fine. Manipulating the decorations to block the monsters in an area so that they just cannot attack you is not.

Haven Worlds have been designed to leave you as much freedom as possible, but unfortunately such freedom can lead to potential abuses that need to be addressed.

Another information: During the weekly maintenance of Tuesday, September 3rd, the experience provided by Wabbit monsters has been modified as follows:
  • Black Wo Wabbit: +12.5%
  • Black Gwandpa Wabbit: +16%

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-02-17
posté September 04, 2013, 11:06:00 | #13

Quote (Troyle @ 03 September 2013 18:08) *
Combat
  • To prevent a combat flaw identified in Haven Worlds, placement cells will now be spread all over the combat area, and no longer cover the entire area. Please note that abusing this bug before the fix will be considered as an exploit and lead to sanctions taken against your account.

• Black Wo Wabbit: +10%
  • Black Gwandpa Wabbit: -5%

Do you consider using corridors created by decorations in order to force monsters to have to travel a greater distance to reach all players while also having to walk across a bombfield to be an exploit? I want to know because apparently Ankama's policies are not clear to most people and seem to be created on the spur of the moment. I look forward to your reply.

posté September 04, 2013, 15:37:50 | #14
That is exactly what I want to know as well. The enemies can fight quite fine in such a scenario, some even got abilities to teleport to us right away, summon other enemies etc.

Still such arenas make them take some time to get over to the players.

So is that ok or not?

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-01-30
posté September 04, 2013, 15:56:25 | #15

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 04 September 2013 15:37) *
That is exactly what I want to know as well. The enemies can fight quite fine in such a scenario, some even got abilities to teleport to us right away, summon other enemies etc.

So is that ok or not?
+1

posté September 04, 2013, 16:00:54 | #16

So is that ok or not?

As long as the enemy has an alternative to get away, and actually tries to use it yes.

It is considered an abuse when the enemy is blocked in a way where the AI doesn't even try to do anything.

posté September 04, 2013, 16:10:48 | #17
Yeah the AI is moving towards us every turn just fine. Good to know that is acceptable then  

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-03-08
posté September 05, 2013, 01:55:59 | #18

Quote (Troyle @ 03 September 2013 18:08) *
Combat
Just to clarify, this hotfix fixes this "exploit" and we do not need to worry about sanctions simply from starting a battle in a narrow area, yes? The way the second sentence is worded seems to imply the bug is still active and we are still at risk.

Also, I want to know exactly where the line between "exploit" and simply "advantageous" is. So an extremely obtuse map is perfectly ok as long as there is a clear path, but what if the path is blocked by class abilities or specialties (summons or mechanics, etc) and has nothing to do with furniture or buildings?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté September 07, 2013, 23:21:24 | #19

Quote (Troyle @ 04 September 2013 16:00) *

So is that ok or not?

As long as the enemy has an alternative to get away, and actually tries to use it yes.

It is considered an abuse when the enemy is blocked in a way where the AI doesn't even try to do anything.
I once had solo fight in shin larva dungeon. I was playing around in boss room , trying to get my HP healed up with MAster of merriment before i finish fight, and i was also slowly making the boss dizzy. I was throwing the barrel to make boss not reach me, but it obviously could go around - and it did, but after several turns it stopped moving, even though it could. I have removed the barrel and the boss still did nothing to me. I don't know how to trigger it, it just happen.And it's gltich with the AI - something that we players cannot make not happen, especially if we just do what we can to not die (aka if we use brain not mindless force).

Therefore are you telling us to just build ourself for pure damage dealers as its the only way to not "abuse the bugged AI"? You should rathe rfix the AI and not blame/punish players in a way for doing something that they were meant to do : plkaying their class and build. I fear i am not gonna sub anymore if this issue is not fixed. I don't want to suffer loss or any other pnushiment for playing, in case i did something that would be considered wrong.

I know abusing bugs is wrong, but there's a difference between abusing something on purpose (like duplicating items via bug) and experiencing a bug while you play normally. And trying to not get attacked by enemy is one of the strategies - we should not get punished if AI make monster stop attacking us while we avoid attacks at any cost.

How about simple scenario when 2 players corner the red asturbian larva, making it unable to cast it spell (the red asturbian larva only spells is 2+ cell range, so in close combat it cannot attack us and either try to dodge or do nothing if there's no free cell for it to move).

It's not an exploit or abuse if you ask me - it's learning the AI and using it for your adventage. this happends in all games. We learn to avoid attacks of ranged enemies, we learn to sneak to enemy's back, or we learn to keep aggro on us, etc (other games). So why do you want to put sanctions on players when they do what they would do in any other game anyway?

I just hope for some claryfication as for now i am afraid to even play.