Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

The Prisoners of Alkatrool
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-03-31
posté October 07, 2013, 21:05:56 | #41
Lock, Dodge and reset of the abilities and Specialties: From now on, it will only be possible to invest up to 100 ability points in Lock and/or Dodge. With this update all Ability/Specialty points will be reset without need to visit the respect instance.

maybe this joke?(plzzzz)

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-02-15
posté October 07, 2013, 21:07:40 | #42

Quote (Erylane2596 @ 07 October 2013 20:34) *
Ankama,what are you doing?Why you nerf doogde(and lock)?Guys, u are understand that you kill masquearaiders build and tactic?I can not make up for this nerf by sets.Why not fix ini for rouges then?I'm really disappointed at you,Ankama.Enough to kill characters who are based on the dooge and lock.
Thnx for masks again.

Initiative effects turn order so no, they wouldn't alter initiative in anyway since initiative may play a part in strategies in game but it was Lock that was used to defeat dragon pig.

Now...saying that...why in the great blue sea of Orgest's tears was Dodge nerfed along with Lock?

Ankamas logic around this is staggering...dodge shouldn't be subjected to this change, if this change was only meant to be a reaction to players downing DP with lock... This means , as always, that Akamas Wakfu development team is playing the "for the good of the future" card again with their game.

They are preparing our characters for the changes that will be applied to Lock and Doge way before anything has even been brought to the table or worked on...typical. So that's what they are up to as it stands, since current events do not show that this change is just... so it is for changes to the mechanics in lock and dodge that aren't even in the works yet.

Like Srams with perception, it is just a way for them to control certain current situations without having to put any actual work into developing new mechanics. Saves them a headache really...

Our disputes don't matter much to them, as it does say in the terms and agreements that Ankama doesn't have to consider anything when it comes to the players current enjoyment of the game. They are thinking long term in a bad way.

There needs to be a journey or step by step process into progression before just tossing things out and in as you please all for the sake of features that the dev team honestly hasn't even started truly brainstorming yet....take it slow, my god. At least have the decency to explain why this change was necessary... I'm still convinced on my theory in the beginning of my response though.

Unless creatures stats are balanced in terms of lock and dodge then all strategy is thrown out the proverbial window and our characters ( who all recieved damage buffs) are just going to focus on unsavory things like damage, healing and map manipulation ( not to say, that's not what everything is about now). As escaping an opponent, without someone sacrificing some ap/mp/wp during their turn, will be all but impossible now.

The resistance buff for creatures is moot since resistance as a whole was nerfed across the board as a mechanic with the spell level revamp to 200. We will still be able to deal our base damage to enemies just as before with a slight buffer with their new upcoming res buff...

It's your game Ankama, do what you want...just don't end up being the only ones who play it, please be careful ...communication is important in everything in life. Telling players about these upcoming changes at the same time you made all the nice news posts would save you a world of grief in the future. Telling us you'll give us candy and then a moment before giving it to us revealing that it is made out of sardines and pickle juice as we take our first bite is pretty mean. Give it to us straight, we all know you already had these intentions for weeks now and just chose to only reveal it now. These are not, last minute decisions. So don't treat revealing them like they are.

-- Argus Saffi Espen

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté October 07, 2013, 21:07:42 | #43

Quote (Troyle @ 07 October 2013 16:00) *
Pandawa
(...)
Barrel: In order to fix many issues that appeared with it, barrels can no longer be pushed or teleported.
Barrel & Karchamrak: In the same intent, it will no longer be possible to target combat borders with these spells.
oh my god, what have you done

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-23
posté October 07, 2013, 21:12:49 | #44
Relics: It will now be possible to crush them into powder, and obtain 700 to 800 powders. The rank of this powder will follow the general rules of Smithmagic. Rarity will be Perfect. For example, a Gelano will give 700 to 800 Perfect Powders of rank 8.

SEEMS LEGIT

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté October 07, 2013, 21:14:02 | #45
As a mask main this update upsets me greatly
I was looking forward to the island and the gear but the dodge change? Why? Because of dragon pig?

Why fuck over an entire classes theme because of one fucking boss

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-05-10
posté October 07, 2013, 21:20:35 | #46

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 07 October 2013 21:14) *
I was looking forward to the island and the gear but the dodge change? Why? Because of dragon pig?

Ikr. How many things have been nerfed so that their precious dragon pig doesn't get killed? Earth cras, critical failure, blindless, lock sacris... At this point they might as well close down the boss and stop the massacre.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-03-31
posté October 07, 2013, 21:23:46 | #47

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-04-09
posté October 07, 2013, 21:25:20 | #48

Quote (IvanSouza @ 07 October 2013 21:03) *
And I thought a game with a smaller community would take easier on Developers.

So many different features and changes and so many people sticking to one feature or balance that will "kill his fun forever".

Changes, nerfs, buffs and re-designs is something that will happens on EVERY MMO. Because balance in every aspect is an impossible goal, heck, even Blizzard gave up and admitted that 2x2 and duels would NOT be balanced.

Play the patch first, or at least be polite submitting your feedback.
i never played a single MMOrpg with so many changes from patch to patch, ever.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté October 07, 2013, 21:40:49 | #49
I hate my RL job. Everything we do as a company is so ass backwards. But the way Ankama handles Wakfu blows my mind. Every patch is like a new game. The plus side to this is some players will never get bored. The downside... very few want to play it.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-08-24
posté October 07, 2013, 21:47:57 | #50

Quote (BeliVoron @ 07 October 2013 20:53) *
mobs can lock me with 5 % now , what i can do after update?
Im not tank =_=
Really, so mobs do with me. Damn 5% to lock, damn 95% to dodge, I EVEN CANT DODGE WITH DAMN 95 %
Dont know what to expect from 100 dodge...
Omg.

Ankama, why not to just give MORE dodge for UBs? D:
Or sth like this.

DERP SO DERP

-----------------
-Delyrus-
or
-Marselon-

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté October 07, 2013, 21:58:28 | #51
  • Lock, Dodge and reset of the abilities and Specialties: From now on, it will only be possible to invest up to 100 ability points in Lock and/or Dodge. With this update all Ability/Specialty points will be reset without need to visit the respect instance.

You people are horrible.

Does this mean 100 pts total (5 each level) for a total of 50 dodge and 50 lock max? or are we only going to be able to do 25 lock 25 dodge or 30/20 or some other mix (50 stats total, out of 100 ability points at 2 pts per stat)

Or does this mean 100 of each?

Would you please be less evil to my dodge build enu with horrible minimum range restraints, and make the stats invested go up to 200 dodge and lock instead? Otherwise I am going to be very horrifically trapped.

Are these stats being increased on equipment?

Are monsters losing some dodge and lock to compensate?

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - October 07, 2013, 22:02:26.
Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté October 07, 2013, 22:01:58 | #52

From now on, it will only be possible to invest up to 100 ability points in Lock and/or Dodge.
WTF IS THIS SHIT?

Honestly, EVERYTHING looked good UNTIL that. For fucks sake, why does Ankama move 1 step toward the right the direction, and the same time move 10 steps in the opposite direction?

Why is initiative not included in there? This directly nerfs Masqueraiders, and affects Sacriers and Enu's in an undirect manner.

I can understand the panda barrel nerf (I was expecting it), the environmental xp nerf, the osa nerf, and the rest of the nerfs as they are justified.

But explain to me why initiative is not included? DO NOT mention that it directly affects the total count of initiative while in fights, because in the same manner they capped dodge/lock and increased resistances of higher level mobs, they could've capped initiative WHILE taking the total initiative count on fights into account.

Not even going to waste my time in continuing writing this post as to why... nvm, just stopping here.

-Faded

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-01-09
posté October 07, 2013, 22:10:56 | #53
Lol rune a relic, if you have that many you should be rethinking your playing habits

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-15
posté October 07, 2013, 22:39:16 | #54
Ooops they did it again :p

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-02-15
posté October 07, 2013, 22:46:19 | #55

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 07 October 2013 22:01) *

From now on, it will only be possible to invest up to 100 ability points in Lock and/or Dodge.
WTF IS THIS SHIT?

Honestly, EVERYTHING looked good UNTIL that. For fucks sake, why does Ankama move 1 step toward the right the direction, and the same time move 10 steps in the opposite direction?

Why is initiative not included in there? This directly nerfs Masqueraiders, and affects Sacriers and Enu's in an undirect manner.

But explain to me why initiative is not included? DO NOT mention that it directly affects the total count of initiative while in fights, because in the same manner they capped dodge/lock and increased resistances of higher level mobs, they could've capped initiative WHILE taking the total initiative count on fights into account.

Not even going to waste my time in continuing writing this post as to why... nvm, just stopping here.

-Faded

Why get rid of perception, why get rid of willpower, why cap lock and dodge, why do they change anything?... simply because these stats mechanics are being replaced or altered in some way in the "near future". That's my take on it.

As for initiative, Ankama wasn't taking into account classes who use lock and dodge as a bonus for damage or function when they made this decision as it is pretty obvious that "if" they were taking them into account they would have mentioned it in this update that they would be working on alternative changes to make these passives and abilities usable and that would mean that they just simply forgot about initiative based passives.

Now, that is if they were trying to lower players abilities with those passives. This however is not the case. As stated above, they are changing the functions of lock and dodge ( eventually) , but not initiative (yet). Of course this is just speculation...I am sure you are waiting for Troyle to post some dev feedback to our concerns and questions.

--Argus Saffi Espen

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-27
posté October 07, 2013, 22:46:33 | #56
Oh boy, i sure DO LOVE having another class i decide to main get nerfed the shit out of. Thanks for that 100 dodge/lock limit, we already know you're nerfing dodge and lock on sets, but now my masqueriader this time gets a huge hammer to the face just like my sacrier did back in the day. If you're going to do this, nerf lock and dodge on monsters as well ( we all know you guys make fights completely unfair against monsters in terms of what they are given to work with ) and you might as well change masqueraiders passive damage increase to something else that isn't 30%. It should clearly get increased % and have an increased damage gain to 150% like you got with the Enu class.

This post has been edited by Reime - October 07, 2013, 22:51:03.
The Sinister Six * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté October 07, 2013, 22:54:00 | #57
Snip for stupidity.

This post has been edited by axemangx - October 07, 2013, 23:02:55.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-01-18
posté October 07, 2013, 22:56:01 | #58
Omng nice
but
I have problem with my Subscription
It gives an Error " (Notice: Payment Method Unavailable) "
I send lot's of messages to Ankama suport center but no any answer..
I'm waiting 1 month and 2 weeks but no any reply
I hope Ankama fix it this Update
Thank you Ankama
Sorry for comment that problem because i haven't any choice for that..

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté October 07, 2013, 23:10:55 | #59

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 07 October 2013 21:14) *

Welcome to the group ^ ^

Totem was nerfed because of UBs too. And that was their best support spell.
They ruined the class that was supposed to be pure support

sadidas, masqueraiders, related to the same god. No coincidence...

Zeorus has too much say at ankama. The classes get ruined (and Grou takes a lot of the negative feedback for it.

It's amazing how they would ruin wakfu (wakfu is about classes, without classes wakfu/dofus is nothing). just because of UBs.

Mango
I think it's obvious now, just lock dragonpig with iops Lock pro glyph.

Quote (HakazabaJub @ 07 October 2013 22:39) *
Ooops they did it again :p
Class ruined because of UBs XD sounds familiar...

Quote (Gynrei @ 07 October 2013 21:40) *
I hate my RL job. Everything we do as a company is so ass backwards. But the way Ankama handles Wakfu blows my mind. Every patch is like a new game. The plus side to this is some players will never get bored. The downside... very few want to play it.
It's not easy to recommend wakfu to any friends

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-01-27
posté October 07, 2013, 23:23:25 | #60
Hi,

I am assuming either Pain Flask's spell description or Link of Pain's description has not been changed as it is not stated so in the change log. For those that do not know what each states:

Pain Flask's spell description: "Master of alchemy and elemental forces, the Eniripsa can take damage received and transmit around himself."

Link of Pain's description: "Inflicts xx% of damage from single-target spells on the cells adjacent to the target." Note: xx is an amount dependent on the level of Pain Flask (Level/2).

With that said, there's a conflict here... To match Pain Flask's spell description, Link of Pain needs to be only applied to the Eniripsa and not any other target. As of now, it can be applied to any other target except the Eniripsa. If Link of Pain's description is the intended effect then Pain Flask's spell description needs to be modified to reflect what it actually does. If Pain Flask's spell description is the correct version then the Link of Pain effect needs to be modified to match it.

Now onto the things that were changed...

Pain Flask: In order to boost the Air Branch, Link of Pain will now spread in a square of 1, and no longer a cross of 1.

Assuming Link of Pain's description is correct and is the intended effect the developers had wanted then this just made an already situational effect even more situational. The increased spread is a nice buff but it also limits its usage even more so due to its ability to harm allies as well. Also, this counters the goal the developers has set forth for the air branch, which is to use spell's effects more.

Master Propagator: We decided to rebalance this Specialty. The old version could lead players not to use the effects of their spells and only stack damages. It will now be the opposite. Using spells’ effects will now be the main interest. At max level, it will change from “+2% Air damage per level of Propagator” to “+2% Air damage per level of Propagator consumed (maximum 100%).

I'd like to edit this a bit:

Master Propagator: We decided to rebalance this Specialty. The old version could lead players not to use the effects of their spells and only stack damages. It will now be the opposite. Using spells’ effects will now be the main interest. At max level, it will change from “+2% Air damage per level of Propagator” to “+2% Air damage per level of Propagator consumed (maximum 100%).

Reason for edit:
Old version: Avoided effects + stack damage bonus
Opposite of old version: Use effects + not stack damage bonus
New version: Use effects + stack damage bonus

If you truly wanted to do the opposite of the old version then you would have modified the effects and/or the effect's propagator cost to encourage players to choose to apply the effects instead of opting for the damage bonus. This is what I liked about the old version, the ability to have a choice: effects or damage bonus. In the old version, I could have opted to build my damage bonus quickly or to focus on applying effects in a consistent manner or a combination of both. With the new version, it now takes longer to max the damage bonus (Approximately 10% per turn for 5 propagator cost, 11% per turn for 10 propagator cost, and 16% per turn for 20 propagator cost* vs 20% per turn in the old version) while being forced to use an effect which may or may not be that useful depending on the level of the spell and/or spell used. Granted, I no longer have to worry about losing some of the damage bonus when using spells' effects in this version.

*: This is for 10 AP and maybe higher for builds that have more AP. Also, I may be wrong as I did it quickly.

-Serah