Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Wild Wild Quest
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-19
posté October 22, 2013, 04:58:24 | #21

Quote (Pyralless @ 22 October 2013 03:25) *
"Mines: Will now be limited to 3 per type, to limit botting and farming."

What if we've already purchased more than 3 per type? What will happen then? I don't permit botting in my guild in the first place and the mines are checked and no suspicious activity so far, actually they're hardly used.

-Zip
An excellent question!

About reducing kamas and increasing Resources for buildings, how do you think that is really going to help low population servers? The resources take far longer to gather. When we want to build something, we toil until we have the resources and then I go deposit the kamas for whatever we want to build. Kamas are easy to make!

Rather than do us a favor, just leave it alone, you are not helping!

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-01-11
posté October 22, 2013, 05:08:52 | #22

Quote (Goblin-Cleaver @ 22 October 2013 04:58) *

What if we've already purchased more than 3 per type? What will happen then? I don't permit botting in my guild in the first place and the mines are checked and no suspicious activity so far, actually they're hardly used.

-Zip
An excellent question!

About reducing kamas and increasing Resources for buildings, how do you think that is really going to help low population servers? The resources take far longer to gather. When we want to build something, we toil until we have the resources and then I go deposit the kamas for whatever we want to build. Kamas are easy to make!

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-21
posté October 22, 2013, 05:38:23 | #23

Quote (Troyle @ 21 October 2013 14:00) *
    [New] Amanax: The Almanax quests of December and further will be slightly modified. Each month will now match a protector, and the Meridia will ask you for resources matching the island linked to this protector. For example, in December, the protector will be Djaul, linked to Frigost. The offering quests of this month will focus on resources that can be found on Frigost (drops and professions).Mines: Will now be limited to 3 per type, to limit botting and farming.
First of all you once said that the almanax can be done by everyone. Yet making the almanax linked with islands that have a lvl cap means that people below that lvl can't go there to do it. Or they have to buy it for overly jacked up prices.

Secondly, leave the mines of HW alone! We use our mines all the time in our HW and no one bots in our guild. Again another discouragement.

Thirdly, upping the cost of resources hurts small guilds. It takes a long time for the guild I'm in to get the resources required for certain things. Making them even higher means we may never grow.

More and more your pushing players to hate your changes and game.

This post has been edited by katralynn - October 22, 2013, 05:41:58.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté October 22, 2013, 05:42:08 | #24

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 21 October 2013 23:37) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 21 October 2013 19:16) *
This looks very promising! A lot better than what I was expecting wild estate to be when you guys all voted for it.

But this is for november ; _ ; what about al howin??
the new quests are in the game already with the new rewards (new insignia and decorations), they just need to activate when the time comes.
No I saw that! I'm more curious about the release date >.< sdfsdgsd

This post has been edited by MiniMikeh - October 22, 2013, 05:49:52.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté October 22, 2013, 05:45:55 | #25
Inb4 using the Pray emote in front of your class statue grants you a timed bonus.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-06-07
posté October 22, 2013, 08:22:40 | #26

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 22 October 2013 05:42) *

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 21 October 2013 23:37) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 21 October 2013 19:16) *
This looks very promising! A lot better than what I was expecting wild estate to be when you guys all voted for it.

But this is for november ; _ ; what about al howin??
the new quests are in the game already with the new rewards (new insignia and decorations), they just need to activate when the time comes.
No I saw that! I'm more curious about the release date >.< sdfsdgsd

For some reason I want to say the 29th is when al howin starts to kick in? I don't remember where I read this in the forums, so I'll come back and edit when I find it again for proof. I'm super excited for it as well It's a shame they don't celebrate the holiday for the month's entirety! QQ

Quote (Goblin-Cleaver @ 22 October 2013 04:58) *

-Zip
An excellent question!

Preach. I'd really like to meet the dev that took their time to gather that many resources and figured, eh, that should be good enough for them to work towards for that building. please. Now it wont take us days to gather the millions of resources, we're looking at weeks to a month.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté October 22, 2013, 10:37:28 | #27
good news about building kama cost reduction

Also, will there be an option to move forest/field/mine patches around?

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-23
posté October 22, 2013, 13:03:34 | #28
As mentioned in the entry post, not every server is flooded with kamas. The reduced costs will improve the accessibility at least on my server, depending how far they increase the needed ressources. The latter limits my enthusiasm currently.

While i like the new more themed Almanax, it's sad how non-subs (and to a lesser extend lowlevels) get excluded from this aspect.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté October 22, 2013, 14:17:47 | #29
expect "donate 1 hagen daz drop to alma altar"

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté October 22, 2013, 16:31:18 | #30
Now I feel glad that I obtained my Meridia Insignia a little over a week ago. Almanax appears to be getting more harsh over time rather than easier. Though sucks that I might have to miss a few days in December for the tokens I am gathering to obtain a mount. However, if the mount is a relic mount that would be great and I would just trade in my insignia for it possibly! Though of course, I might just prefer the mount to be legendary and run the year long grindfest again.

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - October 22, 2013, 16:34:11.
Community Manager * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté October 22, 2013, 16:34:38 | #31
Added the following points to the changelog:

Classes

Foggernaut
  • Some of its spells will be rebalanced: Hammer Time (up), Bombardment, Cybot (WP cost potentially revalued, modifications for transposition), Armor Plating and Groove (their bonuses will be merged), Stasis Flux (removal of the WP but use limitation), Fogginator (will correctly limit the amount of spells used to 5), but also Blockades that will see their HP modified.

Quests

• [New] Challenge system: more information soon.
  • Guild of Hunters: In order to improve accessibility of the “Kill a Dungeon Boss” quests, notably on Wabbit Island, the need to bring back the boss resource will be removed. You will only need to defeat the boss after accepting the quest to obtain the reward.

Interface

• [New] Preview feature: More information soon.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-08-17
posté October 22, 2013, 19:09:50 | #32
I don't have a high level fogger yet but i smell a nerf, that really isnt needed.

The blockades HP cant be lower than it already is. Unless a more experience fogger can tell me otherwise. For max dmg reduction a fogger has to skip a full turn of potential dmg to coag itself. If you compare it to sacrieurs who can potentially deal decent dmg and stack their coag. Sac's will have that advantage over foggers. Sure bombardment might allow a fogger to coag and deal decent dmg, but its true dmg potential is based on luck. I dont see why ecas have to be the only class to have luck based spells. Best to leave it as it is ,or if you insist on doing something about the spell add a lil base dmg on it. Stasis flux... why would you want to limit it? if 6 WP not enough? Even though it has an unlimited use on fogger you'd have to be within a range of 2 from it. I know several bosses that would love to get such an AOE.

I'm pretty sure you could add a lil rune modification in there. It really shouldn't take more than an hour to code. If you have a perfect rune it should give perfect stats. The randomness should be the stats you would get. Sparkly runes, using dam runes as an example, should give +4%. Glossy : +3 % to + 2% and the normal runes should give +1%. If you think it makes it to easy make the Perfect rune stat +5 or +4, sparkly +4 or +3, Glossy + 3 or +2 and the normal runes +2 to +1. This way you still have the randomness but at least its more rewarding. If you need more feedback. I ,like many, tried to run my sets with perfect runes. I used a perfect 120 rune and got +2% fire/air dmg. Then i used a 120 sparkly rune and got +4%fire air.Take twice the effort to make perfect to just end up with half the bonus

This could be fix now. I dont know what taking so long.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté October 22, 2013, 19:15:13 | #33

Quote (Troyle @ 22 October 2013 16:34) *
[New] Challenge system: more information soon.
Does this mean we will get in-combat challanges just like in dofus? For example: kill monsters in correct order to get more exp/higher drop rates? That would be awsome! This is something really cool that Dofus had and Wakfu needs.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-12-03
posté October 22, 2013, 20:03:44 | #34

[New] Preview feature: More information soon.
SPOILER :O

Preview feature: Is a new button in every gear that opens a new ui window that shows your current equiped gear + the item you clicked, and next to it your stats with the gear you equiped. You can remove and add gear without affecting your real equiped stuff (pets, insignias and costumes too).

How is this useful? well, people can link all pieces of magmog set and you can preview them on you, seeing how it looks on you and what stats you would have. You can also preview gear from recipes, from alamanax, tokens, etc

Kinda useful but bugged atm.

This post has been edited by saphiLC2 - October 22, 2013, 20:53:17.
Reason for edit : added an image :)
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-03-01
posté October 22, 2013, 20:24:10 | #35

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 22 October 2013 20:03) *

[New] Preview feature: More information soon.
SPOILER :O

Preview feature: Is a new button in every gear that opens a new ui window that shows your current equiped gear + the item you clicked, and next to it your stats with the gear you equiped. You can remove and add gear without affecting your real equiped stuff (pets, insignias and costumes too).

How is this useful? well, people can link all pieces of magmog set and you can preview them on you, seeing how it looks on you and what stats you would have. You can also preview gear from recipes, from alamanax, tokens, etc

Kinda useful but bugged atm.
A preview feature?! Finally!

I can stop harassing my friends to lend me their costumes to see how it looks on me/waste stuff buying costumes and realising it looks dumb on my char

i am a happy twigs

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté October 22, 2013, 21:00:37 | #36
I really hope they don't add a WP cost to Bombardment! God that's such a luck based spell as it is.

I'm VERY happy about merging those passives though.

AND OMG no more resources turned in from Bosses at Wabbit? Yespls.

Also very happy about a new challenge system. Wild challenges coming back, maybe? Or in-fight like what Dofus has? God now all I need is my old Dofus Osamodas and the Scanty challenge and I'm set for life!

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-15
posté October 22, 2013, 21:49:15 | #37
I have a couple of suggestions and a bug concernig cybot and rails i want to bring to your attention.

Cybot facing direction does not equal the projection direction of stassis spells.
This issue is similar to the Steely brrblis facing direction problem, but it effects the cybot during the turn it was made.

Cybot is made facing the same direction as the foggernaught, i see you made it that way to curve shots in a very useful way, however cybot will only project in the direction facing away from the foggernaught first turn.

Also after first turn this aiming becomes far less useful, i suggest that when a cybot is already on the field and at the start of the foggernaughts turn only, you can recast the spell and it ends the foggernaughts turn so that the cybot can act before the foggernaught and the foggernaught then takes its turn after the cybot.

Also considering the damage effect was removed from microbots and they take a large amout of specialization point investment to get charges and rail length, i suggest that rail cells deal stasis damage to enemies in a way similar to a rogues fire wall.

Also it would be far more fun if retreat could be used on allies.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté October 23, 2013, 01:14:05 | #38

ClassesFoggernaut
  • Some of its spells will be rebalanced: Hammer Time (up), Bombardment, Cybot (WP cost potentially revalued, modifications for transposition), Armor Plating and Groove (their bonuses will be merged), Stasis Flux (removal of the WP but use limitation), Fogginator (will correctly limit the amount of spells used to 5), but also Blockades that will see their HP modified.

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 22 October 2013 21:00) *
I really hope they don't add a WP cost to Bombardment! God that's such a luck based spell as it is.
I believe looking at what was posted by Troyle, the WP potential reevaluation is on the Cybot, not Bombardment.

Quote (Beezle @ 22 October 2013 19:09) *
I don't have a high level fogger yet but i smell a nerf, that really isnt needed.

The blockades HP cant be lower than it already is. Unless a more experience fogger can tell me otherwise. For max dmg reduction a fogger has to skip a full turn of potential dmg to coag itself. If you compare it to sacrieurs who can potentially deal decent dmg and stack their coag. Sac's will have that advantage over foggers. Sure bombardment might allow a fogger to coag and deal decent dmg, but its true dmg potential is based on luck. I dont see why ecas have to be the only class to have luck based spells. Best to leave it as it is ,or if you insist on doing something about the spell add a lil base dmg on it. Stasis flux... why would you want to limit it? if 6 WP not enough? Even though it has an unlimited use on fogger you'd have to be within a range of 2 from it. I know several bosses that would love to get such an AOE.
I also have to ask what this limitation on Stasis Flux would be. WP already limited it to around 6 a fight (varying up and down depending on if other WP spells were used and or how much WP was stolen from the enemy if they were a Stasis Fogger).

At max, Stasis Flux is already directing 100% of the damage back at the Fogger (whether in AoE around it, or targeted with WP spent). This is a lot of incoming damage to the Fogger and a Eni/Sadi can only heal the Fogger back up so much before Heal Resists become a problem. This already limits how much you can really use it in a fight as the Fogger will eventually kill itself helping an Ally.

I do not believe a turn limitation on Stasis Flux would be wise.

------------------------------------

On the Fogginator, while it said it limited Stasis Spell usage to 5 in the revamp devblog, this was never followed through in the game. I am not saying it was a bug that it didn't limit it, but that they didn't even have it listed as something that would happen when using Fogginator in the spell description.

In the end it is only limiting the spell rotation of (with 12ap):
(8 spell casts) 6x Stasis Shot, 2x Ray of Stasis
(6 spell casts) 4x Stasis Strike, 2x Ray of Stasis

Other Rotations that didn't exceed 5 spell casts:
(5 spell casts) 3x Heart of Steam, 2x Ray of Stasis
(5 spell casts) 2x Aynaloxide, 1x Stasis Shot, 2x Ray of Stasis

That being said, I believe that it is fine leaving the the Fogginator without a Spell Limit as there is no spell limit normally on spells. Fogginator still hurts the Fogger for every Stasis Spell used. Along with the fact that you cannot get more than 12ap normally, without a Xelor or Feca (who knows after the revamp), you won't be able to cast more than that.

With Fogginator only affecting Stasis by lower the AP cost by 1 and hurting themselves, a limit on casts makes Stasis Shot, and to a lesser extent Stasis Strike, a bit more useless once you have 12ap. Though at lower levels it'll still be nice (I'm just thinking in the long run with the final level cap hitting 200 and all).

Please leave the Spell Limit off of Fogginator (and I'm saying this as a Fogger who's not even going to use those high hit combo, I'll be using the Heart of Steam/ Ray of Stasis one).

--------------------------------------

One last thing.

Since Groove and Armor Plating are being merged, this gives rise to the question, "What will be added?" As with two passives now as one, Fogger's will be short a passive.

Any ideas on what this new passive might be.

- Kat

This post has been edited by kurokat - October 23, 2013, 01:16:27.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-09-03
posté October 23, 2013, 04:10:12 | #39

Quote (Troyle @ 21 October 2013 14:00) *
Buildings cost rebalancing: The kama cost will be reduced and the resources cost increased. The goal is to improve accessibility to building on the servers with lower population, while helping the global economy.

NO.
NO.

This is a VERY bad idea. Haven worlds are already almost impossible for smaller guilds to build up. The kama cost is heavy, yes. But realistically, it is doable. The resource cost, however, is ridiculous and disheartening.

My friends and I were very excited to get a haven world for our guild. It was so cool! A little kingdom for us to build and create. It took weeks and weeks, but we finally managed to make the last bid on one. Image our disappointment when we step inside and find out we could do almost NOTHING with it. 30% planting rate, expensive terrain, and the first building cost MORE than we had paid for the haven world! We were very let down. Even after we managed to make the guild hall, the resource cost for the other buildings killed any enthusiasm we had left. Here we are a month later, and we don't even have 1/3 of the resources for the laboratory.

You wanna help the global economy? Don't make it so the players have to grind more. Make the market better. Players are afraid to sell things on the market because 1. They have no idea what to sell the item for and 2. If they put it too high, that is just wasted kamas.
So why not implement some sort of "Want to buy" function? Make it so that a player can indicate an item they want to buy, and the price they are willing to pay for it. So if another player has a bunch of stuff he doesn't want, he can check the market and immediately see if anybody else needs it.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-21
posté October 23, 2013, 09:08:57 | #40

Quote (kurokat @ 23 October 2013 01:14) *

On the Fogginator, while it said it limited Stasis Spell usage to 5 in the revamp devblog, this was never followed through in the game. I am not saying it was a bug that it didn't limit it, but that they didn't even have it listed as something that would happen when using Fogginator in the spell description.

- Kat

I actually have been using the stasis shot 12ap combo, and it is worth noting that fogginator does not continue to deal damage to the fogger after 5 spells have been cast. I do, however, agree that it doesnt seem imbalanced at all. I think they should simply have fogginator deal damage for every spell cast and place no other limit on it. Currently, with level 1 fogginator, the spell deals almost a third of my health back to me in damage. I feel like it would still be a worthwhile and interesting spell if it did even more. The spell is really only feasible in groups, anyways, and with my 419% stasis damage it still doesnt do *that* much damage versus high level mobs.