Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 18 Descendre
Play Day
Play Day commemorates the day when Ecaflip realised that his cards could provide him with another ...

No flash

Multiman Assemble
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté November 18, 2013, 20:34:08 | #21
i find issue with different parts of this.

First off im sad to see the feca revamp pushed off... im not a feca but still. I guess i need to see how this sidekick thing works before i can judge it as being worth the time invested.

Second: i dont think the challenge system in fights is a bad idea... per say depends on the bonus we get i suppose. I like the new looting rules cause it will make someone dying right before the fight ends not shed in tears.... i like this.

the pp/wisdom lock... id be ok with it if its a high number like 400 because as a xelor in my pp gear i can get about 210 not counting the 100 pp we all have so i hover over 300. I dont want it so my pp gear is worthless. If your worried about enutrofs and relic shards then limit it so you can only drop so many relic shards at a time or fight like idk 4 max a person perhaps? not sure but that feels the better system i just need to see the pp lock number before i complain this is a good or bad thing. if its 400 a person id be ok with that because i consider that reasonable and a normal person cant reach that but a enu can and it would limit them as well so makes them like us in aspects. Anything below 400 imo would severely harm farming of items for soloers.

Third: the main quest reward... i really hope you give it to people or make it accessible to people who have already done the quest... also nice kwismas

Fourth: ok the relic quest line... I really like the idea behind it but i feel its to easy for higher levels to just do it ya know... that being said its a motivator to do all the dungeons. Id be ok with this i just kinda dont want relics to be common place... ive said it on other threads but i believe that relics should be rare and hard to get and this one just seems easy. That being said im opposed to it on that fact alone because i just dont want everyone having a relic like i said they should be rare and hard to get. I wouldnt be totally upset with it though if this happened... really depends on the relic... maybe since its hunter guild it can be a relic to do with gathering or something? if it was like that id like it alot because the nature of it is farming mats so itd fit in.

Fifth: this is mostly to do with the new relic drop system. Again i think relics should be hard to get but this system i can see as being not easy because even 1% is a hard drop rate to get. Im going on the assumption that things like the celestial bearmulet, powerful dazzling belt, and meridia wont have these because they arnt drops persay. the bearmulet needs an item to get, dazzling a recipe to craft it and the meridia tokens. So this really effects, gelano, nettlez, and solomonk. I think this is a fair system would the fragments have a pp lock on them? I like this change because it will make getting more relics for myself easier but again... maybe a bit to easy for my liking. Im still deciding if i like this change or not.

Sixth: sorry kinda glanced over the smithmagic but id be interested in what your doing with it... and if we are going to get runes and things back like we did last time you updated it from our runed equips ;o.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-07-13
posté November 18, 2013, 20:39:46 | #22

Quote (Troyle @ 18 November 2013 16:00) *
Experience curve: It will be reevaluated especially for mid and high levels. Players will keep their level and progression percentage to reach the next level.

Wisdom and Prospecting: Abilities and bonuses together, it will no longer be possible to exceed a specific value (not yet decided) in Wisdom and Prospecting regarding Loot attribution and Experience gain. Enutrofs’ PP will not be limited in combat, but will be limited during Loot attribution.

1. If you do happen to change the experience curve (thank you for telling us this time) there really should be a global respec.

2. I don't understand why you would combine these two. Leadership and Mechanics made sense, but Wisdom and Prospecting? Can someone explain?

Miss Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté November 18, 2013, 20:41:53 | #23

Quote (Spazturtle @ 18 November 2013 19:51) *

I really hope you will make these costumes, they are really good.
This is what I'm hoping when they said they're adding an extra reward to Astrub quest line.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-05-10
posté November 18, 2013, 21:02:40 | #24
Very nice!
Thx for Looting rules!!!

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté November 18, 2013, 21:14:38 | #25
A quick review from the information we have been provided with but like I always say I will wait and see.

Good
  • Kwismas is coming!
  • Rotcere Mine: This building will give a bonus of +10 Prospecting to all guild members, and +5 Prospecting to visitors. IT WILL REQUIRE GUILD HALL LEVEL 3. Which you recently posted BARELY anyone has. Do you understand the requirements of getting guild hall level 2 let alone 3 and how weak +10/5 pp is?. This building should be guild hall level 1 as level 1 leaves much to be desired.
  • New relic system sounds good, I think this is a much more rewarding grind as much less luck based.

Bad/ Dissapointed
  • Feca revamp so you understand it is important to do a class revamp properly. Do you also understand that historically being very objective Ankama usually takes away what we loved and enjoyed about playing that class but it seems Ankama are burying their head in the sand. At this rate you should be compensation feca with a free relic for the fact you have left them on a cliff-edge for over 12 months.
Straight copy and paste from Dofus

• [OLD] Combat challenge system so everyone is clear when this system was introduced on Dofus they took out 50% of normal experience forcing you to do challenges so you was basically jumping through hoops like a monkey. Very often the challenges was impossible/not fun/uninspired or just stupid and they took so much longer to do at the end of the day they was just a waste of time.
For example only use one spell once to complete the fight its hard to put into words how much Ankama logic was put into this system.

Now if you added the system as purely a bonus then I wont say another word as then it is optional.

• People getting loot when they die, when Wakfu changed this basic rule meaning you had to survive this was a step in the right direction. It puts real importance on staying alive and using your brain throughout the fight.
Concerned

• Experience curve: It will be reevaluated especially for mid and high levels.I can very easily see this going wrong. I think there is nothing wrong with the current exp curve as Azael said "we will introduce real alternatives for leveling so its not just all grinding" (not exact but the rough meaning).
  • Wisdom and Prospecting: you understand these are core mechanics of the game and the slightness mistake will see mass quitting with more than justifiable reasons.
Psychic powers

You are going to cap the exp & wisdom so that your new challenge system will not allow players to gain too much exp or get 100% drop rate on items. The problem with this as I said early the challenge system on Dofus was one of the worst things ever implemented into Dofus. The main thing as I said early is it took away 50% of normal exp so you had to do the challenges to make up for it but overall we lost out massively. Simple maths -50% exp forever I would need to successfully complete a challenge worth 50% forever just to be in the same position.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - November 18, 2013, 21:36:31.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté November 18, 2013, 21:31:20 | #26
For a change I'm going to list the things I love from the initial December WIP:

• Multiman
  • Improved EXP curve
  • More Harebourg Story Arc!
  • Combat Challenge System! Yes! Gonna be so fun for my Osamodas! Hope we get Scanty challenges!
  • Dead people still getting loot and XP!
  • Kwismas again!
  • Ability do do Kwismas quests a second time. Thank you!
  • Roller Coaster/Minecart Expresses for Brakmar! OMFG I hope we get to see a special "tribal style" animation for this!
  • Guild of Hunters psuedo Eternal Harvest Relic Hunt! *nosebleed*
  • Prospecting Rotecere Mine for Guildies!
  • Smithmagic Revamp yessssssssssss
  • Relic Fragments! OMG I LOVE THIS IDEA

And a big thanks again for publishing these Works In Progress so far in advance, so you can listen to the player feedback and we can all work together!

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2010-12-17
posté November 18, 2013, 21:35:19 | #27
In my opinion, the new relics system is pretty nice!

but I'm worried about the smithmagic revamp
and the exp curve improvement.... well... I don't know what to think... let's wait for more info  

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté November 18, 2013, 21:51:20 | #28
Good job with the Multiman idea (assuming it's party filler still) and the Relic fragments. Gives non-multiclienters some help and some consistency to obtaining Relics. Also the addition of in-combat challenges is great. This is an idea that we've asked for a few times, and it's amazing you guys have gone with it and decided to incorporate it. Adds a new element to combat and rewards players for thinking a little harder.

A lot of hope that Smithmagic round two isn't a failure!

• Mango

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté November 18, 2013, 22:06:11 | #29
I like the idea of an Eternal Harvest quest to gain a relic. The resources should be new quest based items so as to make sure the player actual visits the dungeons instead of just buying the resources. Also, I think it would be better to have the quest line go from 1-200. Too much of the game, such as the Almanax, is based off level 100 when the game will go up to 200. Ankama needs to see this as a major problem. Of course there are no level 200 dungeons currently, so the quest line will develop over time. Either way, this is much better than implementing something that will give you an item that will be obsolete quickly since only a small portion of a player's time will be from 1-100, and thus not many will actual wish to complete it, especially with the new fragment system. Speaking of Almanax, Ankama needs to add new higher level items to the machine.

On a final note, I hope you do not add a challenge which asks for you to only use one spell throughout the whole match since that is impossible for many classes.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-03-22
posté November 18, 2013, 22:22:01 | #30
Everything looks great, except the capping of prospecting...

Seriously, fix the drop tables BEFORE you do things like this. It's already tough enough to drop simple things like boss mats.

STOP TAKING THINGS AWAY WITHOUT GIVING US AN ALTERNATIVE

It's like some twisted game of Jenga where the devs keep taking out interesting and helpful things just to stack something unrelated on top.

This post has been edited by Saargus - November 18, 2013, 22:25:13.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-04-14
posté November 18, 2013, 22:31:14 | #31
Ok as you know I'm pretty critical with your updates, sometimes even a little mean.

I'll be honest, overall it's looking pretty neat.

However, I seem to recall the devs stating they want the game to be less of an eternal grind for players, how capping PP before fixing drop tables helps this I do not know.

Further your planning on revamping 2 classes in one month, but have had over a year to work on the Feca revamp, which is 1 half of what your claiming you're going to be able to do for 2 months time.

Stop setting unrealistic goals for yourselves and be truthful to your customers! You have no chance of successfully updating 2 classes with the same update. You can't even successfully update one class without a whole load of problems, especially when one of them is a complete overhaul of a class which is currently the most complex in the game.

If you guys are looking for ideas, an easy fix to make the rune system better would be to make it so applying a rune to an item shows what stats the rune gives, once removed the rune would keep the same stats and then could be placed in an item of the users choice. (obviously alongside fixing the stupid stats system you currently have on them)

This post has been edited by JustD87 - November 18, 2013, 23:21:51.
The Sinister Six * Member Since 2012-01-13
posté November 18, 2013, 22:35:32 | #32
The prospecting change will break Enutrofs.

Please, rethink what you're doing here.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté November 18, 2013, 22:45:33 | #33

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 18 November 2013 22:06) *
I like the idea of an Eternal Harvest quest to gain a relic. The resources should be new quest based items so as to make sure the player actual visits the dungeons instead of just buying the resources. Also, I think it would be better to have the quest line go from 1-200. Too much of the game, such as the Almanax, is based off level 100 when the game will go up to 200. Ankama needs to see this as a major problem. Of course there are no level 200 dungeons currently, so the quest line will develop over time. Either way, this is much better than implementing something that will give you an item that will be obsolete quickly since only a small portion of a player's time will be from 1-100, and thus not many will actual wish to complete it, especially with the new fragment system. Speaking of Almanax, Ankama needs to add new higher level items to the machine.

On a final note, I hope you do not add a challenge which asks for you to only use one spell throughout the whole match since that is impossible for many classes.
Why make it go from 1 - 200 when they can keep this current 1 - 100 one and then make a 100 - 200 one later when the cap reaches that point.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-12-30
posté November 18, 2013, 23:22:18 | #34
As a person who mains an lvl138 enutrof, and who keep losing more and more friends because they are irritated by bugs or sick of being nerfed this update makes me sad. I have difficulty finding people to group with, you are going to make it even harder for me to play this game when you cap my prospecting. ITS THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO OFFER.. very sad.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-09-18
posté November 18, 2013, 23:41:06 | #35

Quote (JerryDB @ 18 November 2013 21:14) *
Straight copy and paste from Dofus

• [OLD] Combat challenge system so everyone is clear when this system was introduced on Dofus they took out 50% of normal experience forcing you to do challenges so you was basically jumping through hoops like a monkey. Very often the challenges was impossible/not fun/uninspired or just stupid and they took so much longer to do at the end of the day they was just a waste of time.
For example only use one spell once to complete the fight its hard to put into words how much Ankama logic was put into this system.

Now if you added the system as purely a bonus then I wont say another word as then it is optional.

Psychic powers

You are going to cap the exp & wisdom so that your new challenge system will not allow players to gain too much exp or get 100% drop rate on items. The problem with this as I said early the challenge system on Dofus was one of the worst things ever implemented into Dofus. The main thing as I said early is it took away 50% of normal exp so you had to do the challenges to make up for it but overall we lost out massively. Simple maths -50% exp forever I would need to successfully complete a challenge worth 50% forever just to be in the same position.
Oh God Jerry I couldn't agree more on that, I freakin' HATED the challenge system from Dofus T_T Because you know, leveling in Wakfu right now is so easy, team of less than 6 or not leeching, good luck getting a decent amount on exp:time ratio...So essentially lowering that by 50%....and making it so that we can get that 50% back potentially, but spend so much more time on the fight due to the challenge...just...why? xD Oh well...I sure can't wait to do Scanty (no more than one cast of each spell per fight) challenge again...or oooh Cras will have fun with the "Do not break lock with your enemies!" one...Again...Yay xD

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-07
posté November 18, 2013, 23:43:38 | #36
Uh, moxie, Your prospecting doesn't help people other than breaking prospecting lock which is only necessary for relics. Only you get a greater chance of dropping things.

I suppose if you give them the items you drop its helping, Ive never seen an enutroph that is not greedy though.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-12-30
posté November 18, 2013, 23:50:20 | #37
HakazabaJub 18 November 2013 - 23:43
Uh, moxie, Your prospecting doesn't help people other than breaking prospecting lock which is only necessary for relics. Only you get a greater chance of dropping things.

I suppose if you give them the items you drop its helping, Ive never seen an enutroph that is not greedy though.

this is Papple (aka poorest enu on nox). i give 90% of my stuff away. guess we havent met. - and my PP is split to all team members in the group as far as i know.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-07
posté November 18, 2013, 23:59:29 | #38

Quote (moxie69 @ 18 November 2013 23:50) *
HakazabaJub 18 November 2013 - 23:43

this is Papple (aka poorest enu on nox). i give 90% of my stuff away. guess we havent met. - and my PP is split to all team members in the group as far as i know.
I'm on Remington, I feel like i just met a unicorn.

Also that's not how pp works(i wish it did sooooo much)

This post has been edited by HakazabaJub - November 19, 2013, 00:00:23.
The Sinister Six * Member Since 2012-01-04
posté November 19, 2013, 00:13:56 | #39
With the postponement of Feca and Pandawa to Feburary, Srams might be revamped soon.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté November 19, 2013, 00:31:40 | #40
If there is going to be a cap on the amount of prospecting and wisdom we can have in a fight then will challenges be able to exceed that limit?

Also, will this new limit include our base 100 or not?

Thanks in advance.