Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 18 Descendre
Play Day
Play Day commemorates the day when Ecaflip realised that his cards could provide him with another ...

No flash

Hotfix for 1.30 - 12.12.2013
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté December 12, 2013, 09:00:00 | #1
Hotfix for 1.30 - 12.12.2013

Sidekicks

• Costume slot: It will be unlocked for you to retrieve any costume that you may have equipped your Sidekick with. It will not however be possible to equip another costume with this slot. As a reminder, the Sidekicks cannot wear costumes.
  • Combat: A player who has more Sidekicks than available spots in a fight can no longer join.

Ultimate Bosses

• General: Following the removal of the Ultimate Bosses quests (which allowed to restrict  the access based on  player level) and the redesign of the Xp curve we will implement a new access rule:
    • Excarnus: The character must be level 55 minimum to enter
    • Milkar: The character must be level 65 minimum to enter
    • Black Crow: The character must be level 80 minimum to enter
    • Magmog: The character must be level 90 minimum to enter
    • Dragon Pig: The character must be level 100 minimum to enter

Nations

• Guard quest  "Joining the Ranks": The description will be clarified to explain that you will need to reach 100 Citizenship points or get more points if you are already over 100 Citizenship points.

Wild Estate

• Environmental quest "The Excarnate": It will now validate correctly.

Chillberg Island

• Nileza's Vault's chest quest: It will now be interactive.
  • Missiz Freezz:  The edges effects associated with the arrival of Multiman in combat have been  corrected, and the combat against Missiz Freezz can again be done properly.

Wabbit Island

• Mini-Lenald: Will no longer heal all the fighters when they perform a Critical Hit with the spell Jutsu Wisdom.

Haven Worlds

• Kwismas Soil: It will now be working correctly.

Smithmagic

• Smithhammer: Given their high drop rate, the drop rate will now be divided by three.

Experience System

Following your feedback on the new experience system, we have identified the cause of what appears to have given you problems:

• When high level characters were trying to give XP to their lower level characters, the penalty applied to the characters considered  as "mules" was too important to compensate for the time gained fighting against monsters of the same level as the mule. If we tried to compensate for this by increasing the level of monsters, this time it would be the combination of two factors (monster too hard + muling) that  would prevent to obtain a correct experience.
  • Note that this was not visible with a Multiman since his experience at the end of combat depends on the level of its master.
  • The characters below the average level of their team are no longer impacted by any penalty.
  • For example a level 40 character can fight with a level 100, 140 or 200 character without a penalty, only the average level of the monsters will matter.
  • The experience gained by a player at the end of combat will no longer depend on the allies levels, nor the total level of the team or even the total level of the opposing team.
  • We also changed the way the factor decreases on the easier and harder monsters in order to make the  group search a lot easier.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-09-16
posté December 12, 2013, 09:54:01 | #2
Sabi are you from the future?! The patch-note page says this thread was posted on "2013-12-15 15:48"

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté December 12, 2013, 09:58:07 | #3
Yay Nizela's Vault is being fixed!

posté December 12, 2013, 10:07:54 | #4

Quote (DangerOfDarkness @ 12 December 2013 09:54) *
Sabi are you from the future?! The patch-note page says this thread was posted on "2013-12-15 15:48"

Haha yes, this is due to the time difference from where I am (PST) and my publishing tool which thinks in FR time.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-03-26
posté December 12, 2013, 10:44:59 | #5
I don't know about the multiman in Missiz Freez but have the other bugs in that dungeon been fixed too. We can still run it but have to kill all the chafers twice since kicking the bones is useless 'cause they'll resurrect too early.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-12-21
posté December 12, 2013, 10:51:50 | #6
I think a bug having to do with the chafers was screwing with the dungeon mechanics. I really hope they get it fixed.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2008-06-02
posté December 12, 2013, 11:34:38 | #7
Btw, Boney Wabbits are spawning even if you destroy the body of other Zwombbits... I though this hotfix would fix this...

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-01-29
posté December 12, 2013, 14:49:34 | #8
Chest with Gleaming Edges in the secret tunnel under the prison. I could never get any item from this chest and from the first time I attempted to open it to every time since I get the message, "There is nothing else Available".

did I miss something here? What was in the box?

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-03-07
posté December 12, 2013, 15:57:24 | #9
So basically half of the things that the new exp system devblog described jsut ceased existing.

I'm really confused right now and I'd apreciate a new devblog explaining the final exp system when all the hotfixes for it stop happening.

Majoras

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-08-16
posté December 12, 2013, 17:22:48 | #10
If i understood this correctly, all they did was remove the loss of experience for lowbies. Everything is still the same, its just that the lowbies wont get 0 exp if they fight a mob that is 40 lvls above it owns. It wont get the full exp benefits (i think) but it will still get the mobs base experience.

The multiman are great for regular content, but you still need the main classes to run stuff like UBs or harder content, which is why people got alts in the first place; So Multi-boxers can still lvl their alts versus higher lvl monster but at a slower rate than getting it leeched in the content area of the alts lvl.

We are now left with two choices ( for higher lvls that is) :
1. Get a multiman that will gain 120 % of your exp that you can get it to 100 in 2 days or less.
2. Or spend 2- 7 days lvling an alt to 100.

make that three
3. Or you could lvl one( alt or MM) to then lvl the other, but the time used to do so doesn't seem very appealing.

One will cost you a fixed price for your whole wakfu life and the other cost you $6 each months.
One can run dungeon without the need of keys and the other can run UBs 1 - 3 times a week.
One requires less build thinking, but will have less % dmg, the other requires specific gear for build but will give you the possibility to get high % dmg.

-Bee

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-07-29
posté December 12, 2013, 17:52:30 | #11
Things that need fixing:
1:Sidekicks dont get kittskil.
2:freezepop lab end chest we cant open it.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-08-16
posté December 12, 2013, 18:25:33 | #12

Quote (Kimaru-San @ 12 December 2013 17:52) *
Things that need fixing:
2:freezepop lab end chest we cant open it.

It was made clear on the MM devblog ( well the french one) that MM arent affect by kit skill. That was done on purpose. For what reason ? dunno.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-04-08
posté December 12, 2013, 18:26:14 | #13

Quote (sevenatbest @ 12 December 2013 14:49) *
Chest with Gleaming Edges in the secret tunnel under the prison. I could never get any item from this chest and from the first time I attempted to open it to every time since I get the message, "There is nothing else Available".

the chest contains "The Fire of Love", if you already had it... thats why you got nothing

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-01-29
posté December 12, 2013, 19:29:28 | #14

Quote (saphiLC @ 12 December 2013 18:26) *

Quote (sevenatbest @ 12 December 2013 14:49) *

the chest contains "The Fire of Love", if you already had it... thats why you got nothing
Thanks for that. was driving me crazy not knowing if another Ankbug or something I already legit had. now how to get that Occult Cult Costume! been all over the Astrub sewers and found the occult hideout/experiment room. rescued Astrub Knight after defeating Shreddie. Even found the Sisters of Darthura hangout hall. Doesn't seem to be much else down in the sewers except some larva eggs which require Backup Soles. I haven't been able to get those, were they from last patch? the turtle in the sewers, I've tried every conversation link to get them but nothing.

All in all. nice additions, but Ankama, a little help here.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-06-02
posté December 12, 2013, 19:30:42 | #15
Hey everyone I just want to clarify the changes for experience and offer some suggestions for pleveling your friends.

With this hotfix your group level, the enemy group level and such no longer matter whatsoever. It's irrelevant. As well as your group's average level, the level of any individual player in your group, none of that matters anymore.

Exp gained is based off of Your Level vs the Average Level of the Monsters. Fighting monsters 10 levels above and 10 levels below is the most efficient way to grind from here on out. The experience gained at the end of the fight increases with having more people in your group(becoming most efficient with 4-6 people in the group) and being outnumbered(the more you are outnumbered by the better). Well, how do you grind your lowbies now, you may be asking.

Find a dungeon that gives wisdom and has enemies within 10 levels of the character you wish to plevel. Dungeons frequently have 6-10 enemies in each room, give an innate wisdom bonus, provide drops which help stimulate the economy and gear other players, offer two challenges which can be completed for more bonus wisdom and are far and away the most efficient way to spend your time if you wish to plevel characters.

Keep in mind, you want to bring at least 4-6 people in these dungeon runs and make sure the dungeons are within level of the lowbie. Use multimen if needed.

Having played with this method a bit I can tell you that this is the fastest way to level characters now, and is even faster than just taking a lowbie to polars due to the new way the experience works. The downside is that it is no longer efficient for the high level character to grind lowbies since they will get next to no experience -- they really have to be doing it out of the kindness of their heart.

-- As for the change in factor for easier and harder mobs, I have no idea what that could possibly mean -- but I assume it's going to give a slightly better experience coefficient for mobs like polars, or northern chafers or what have you. Given the insane difficulty of these fights already this would be my hope.

Anyway, here's a suggestion on dungeons to run with lowbies:
: Clan Dungeons til 10-15
: Larva Dungeon til 25
: Snapper/Blibli/Scara/Fields dungeon til 35
: Tsu Tsu palace until 45
: Royal Moogr/Puddly/etc until 55
: Treechnid dungeon until 65
: Drheller estate until 70
: LUNARRRRRRR until 80
: Undie until 90
: Brrrbli until 100

From here I'd continue to run dungeons purely for experience and drops and what not, but once you've hit 100 you should be pretty self-capable and able to play in all the high level games you want. I have been using this method and it has been very good to me, I'd like to see how this has worked for others. Thank you

posté December 12, 2013, 19:45:06 | #16
Hi guys,

we understand that it is important to help further explain the experience system, therefore I wanted to share more information coming from the devs with you in a form of a quick Q&A with examples:

Question:

Does this means that the Maximum XP will be gained depending on the average level of the group?
For example if I am level 140 and I want to help give experience to 2 level 40s, since our group average level is 74, would it be best to fight 3 level 74 monsters to gain the most amount of XP?

What to take first into account is that the factor calculations are specific to each player.

Since it is based on the average level of the opposing team of monsters and depending also on the level of the player (and not on the average level of the player's team (otherwise it would mean that we are including the levels of allies)), it simply means that you have to adjust the level of monsters to the character level you want to gain XP on.

In that example of being a level 140 and helping give experience to 2 level 40s characters (mules), since there is too much difference between your characters, the level 140 is the one to be sacrificing his time to advance the mule quickly. Therefore, it would be better to focus on level 40 monsters if it is only a "time saving" case.

But a level 140 character can also afford to hit monsters which are 15-30 levels higher than the level 40s, as the basic experience of these monsters will be also improved with the "monsters too difficult for the level 40" factor.

So for optimal XP in this case, it may be best to fight monsters such as 3 Boowolves to advance a level 40 character rather quickly. And the more monsters of this level you will add to the group that you are fighting, the more experience you will earn. There is no "penalty " if there are more monsters than characters to fight.

One other thing is that you must also make note of is the fact that when a level 40 is leveling with a level 140, the character does not count for the group bonus (40 <140/3).

Question:

How to still gain XP when there will be no group bonus when leveling a high level character (140) with 2 Multiman fighting 3 monsters for example?
Since the Multimen levels are too low, will the XP gain be the same as if I was fighting solo (except that I have 3 opponents instead, which changes the difficulty level)?

The case of grouping with Multimen is different than the explanation given above as it applied to a real level 40 characters.

Since the Multimen take a % of the XP received from the character who controls them, it is best to target monsters in the level range of the character itself.

But as you pointed out, in theory it would mean that you will have to face 3 monsters close to level 130. In that case for example, you will gain XP from one monster which be spread over 3 characters with a (small) penalty because you will find yourself in a 3 vs 1. Except that in practice you would not be able to easily win these fights.

Also to give XP to the Multimen, you should do it as if you wanted to give XP to your level 140 character while taking into account the fact that it is better to fight 2 or 3 monsters at a time. Therefore the most profitable situation would be a group of 2 or 3 monsters with the highest average level that you are able to fight.

posté December 12, 2013, 20:08:37 | #17

Quote (Beezle @ 12 December 2013 18:25) *

Quote (Kimaru-San @ 12 December 2013 17:52) *
Things that need fixing:
It was made clear on the MM devblog ( well the french one) that MM arent affect by kit skill. That was done on purpose. For what reason ? dunno.

I can confirm it to you guys as well.

I have added this information and extra to the Sidekicks devblog which now says:

A Sidekick will not have its own inventory, but it will be possible to equip it with the same items as any other character, with level as the only restriction. It will have the same equipment slots (including pet, insignias, etc.) and they will boost his abilities just as they would do for your character. Please note that the Multiman will not be able to use consumables, pick up pouches, wear a costume, benefit from Kit Skill, and the equipped pets will boost them without gaining XP from combat (they will be considered as static objects).

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2008-07-10
posté December 12, 2013, 20:41:09 | #18
Question- would multimen level maka items or would I have to level those on my actual character for them to use? I wanted to get a maka wand for my lumino but leveling it myself would be an absolute pain (no heals at all)

it might be worth pointing out that sidekicks by Nileza's vault and fight normally alongside your character. Also if you die, they can finish the fight for you and this effectively removes the entire air supply effect

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté December 12, 2013, 21:18:51 | #19
Thanks Sabi,

That was very clear and explains well what players should be focusing on. It also seems like a good change to the way exp is distributed overall. Calculating exp based on the individual as apposed to the whole team is easier to deal with for players.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-01-12
posté December 12, 2013, 22:32:33 | #20

Quote (Tosca- @ 12 December 2013 20:41) *
Question- would multimen level maka items or would I have to level those on my actual character for them to use? I wanted to get a maka wand for my lumino but leveling it myself would be an absolute pain (no heals at all)

it might be worth pointing out that sidekicks by Nileza's vault and fight normally alongside your character. Also if you die, they can finish the fight for you and this effectively removes the entire air supply effect

Tried it myself, Multimen do not level maka's. If they did that would certainly be overpowered because of the fact multi men get 120% xp