Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Shu'Far Away From Home
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-05-30
posté February 03, 2014, 18:26:53 | #221
But but...why? that helmet from Mekator is so nice for many chars  

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2008-02-09
posté February 03, 2014, 18:59:10 | #222

Quote (Sabi @ 03 February 2014 17:22) *
  • Alkatrool: After further discussions, the team doesn't think that the content provided by Alkatrool is of a sufficient quality, it was then decided that the access to the island would be closed, and the area removed from the game.

Why the hell did you do that!?!?! ANKAMA WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?!
This is just another stupid decision of yours!
Why don´t you let the community decide what is content of sufficient quality?

I realy can´t belive it... and i also can´t belive it that i write "i can´t belive" once again.

It´s just another example for the worst communication experienced ever in an mmorpg.

posté February 03, 2014, 19:42:46 | #223

Quote (Sabi @ 03 February 2014 18:21) *
Hi guys,

Adding to today's information, the January compensation for the Almanax quests is in the process of being injected to the servers, one server at a time and 1 quest at a time. This will be for 8 quests total.

You will be receiving these Almokens starting now but it is possible that the injection will continue tomorrow as well.

only have 3 token (i ask a few friend and they have only 3) this is normal or the rest of the token is for tomorrow ?

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-01-07
posté February 03, 2014, 20:14:15 | #224

• Alkatrool: After further discussions, the team doesn't think that the content provided by Alkatrool is of a sufficient quality, it was then decided that the access to the island would be closed, and the area removed from the game.

THIS IS NOT OKAY.

It's Mobile Arenas all over again.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-05
posté February 03, 2014, 21:54:20 | #225
A real pity as i really liked that gear, it was so useful  

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-05-07
posté February 03, 2014, 21:59:28 | #226

#ankamalogic

._. We ask for more content and fixing the existing, and you answer with... removing content? Please tell me, and you may ask the devs in our name, what the in the ever-loving Shushu Kingdom was wrong with Alkatrool? Too easy? Too hard? Unlike some UBs around here (*coughdragonpigcough*) the battle design for them was fun and challenging enough even after you master it, kept us on our toes and didn't require characters of an absurd level and equipment to complete.

The costumes were nice, the gear was nice and if there ever was a matter of balance, you could have just changed it just like you love to "revamp" every little other thing. Moreover, when you decide to "rebalance" things, it's closer to beating them up with the nerf bat to everyone's control. It made more sense to reduce Piercing Shot's or the firewall's base damage, but noooOOOOoOOoOOOo. Was it truly that bad to impose even more silly restrictions on abilities, just because enemy design can't be matched up to it? Please. ;_; Give me a reason not to sigh and walk away from this otherwise wonderful game.

This post has been edited by FurmentalAlchemy - February 03, 2014, 22:00:03.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté February 04, 2014, 05:02:10 | #227
"Alkatrool: After further discussions, the team doesn’t think that the content provided by Alkatrool is of a sufficient quality, it was then decided that the access to the island would be closed, and the area removed from the game."

No.

The discussion should be: How can we expand and/or improve on the content in the game.

The discussion should not be: What are we too lazy to work on? Let's just delete it from the game.

This is the most impossible kind of thing to understand, from a player perspective. How is it possible to go in just a few months from a "Prisoners of Alkatrool" themed website and update to "Lets just delete the whole damned thing"

I do not agree, and I can not even comprehend. One may as well throw away their children because they catch colds or occasionally break an expensive item of household decor; you do not simply eliminate a good thing because it is imperfect.

The whole game itself is imperfect. Are you going to delete the entirety of Wakfu, too? Just because it needs work? Why release anything at all, if you're just going to abandon it or destroy it a few months down the line?

Even if none of these reasons stir the heart of Ankama, the simple truth is: Some of this equipment from Alkatrool is really desirable, hard to get, and needed by many people.

Just for that reason, it should be kept open. Even if you never do another thing with it, just keep it open for people who need or want a shot at that equipment every week.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2006-04-28
posté February 04, 2014, 06:05:30 | #228

Quote (Merriden @ 03 February 2014 20:14) *

THIS IS NOT OKAY.

It's Mobile Arenas all over again.
It is even worse. At least we had advanced notice and a lie that they would return.

posté February 04, 2014, 06:12:37 | #229

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 04 February 2014 05:02) *
"Alkatrool: After further discussions, the team doesn’t think that the content provided by Alkatrool is of a sufficient quality, it was then decided that the access to the island would be closed, and the area removed from the game."

No.

The discussion should be: How can we expand and/or improve on the content in the game.

The discussion should not be: What are we too lazy to work on? Let's just delete it from the game.
I agree, people seem to be quite happy with how it works now and if ankama wants to work on it, thats fine too. Content can be adding on in time, or have a month dedicated to making it that much better. But I dont see the reason in completely removing the island until this (if it does) happens.

posté February 04, 2014, 06:37:34 | #230
Let us consider all the work that went into releasing Alkatrool:
  • Concept Art
  • Character Design
  • Spell Animation
  • Sound Effects
  • Border Cells
  • Insignias Design
  • Level Design
  • Animation of Environment
  • Animation of NPC's
  • World Map and Area Map and Mini Map Design and Integration
  • Translation
  • Localization
  • Item Design
  • Balancing of Stats on Items
  • Art Background on Website "The Prisoners of Alkatrool"
  • Special topics about the Supervillains
  • Backstory
  • Programming it all
  • Beta Testing it
  • Bug Fixing
  • Balancing of Effects and Difficulty
And who knows how much else hard work. "The Prisoners of Alkatrool" Was an entire update theme. Wakfu Version 1.27 was all about introducing the first round of Supervillains. This was to lead into the extension of the Count Harebourg story arc, and kick off the release of the Multimen. The Part 1 of Alkatrool was always meant to be expanded upon, and it was just beginning.

So much work was put into this. This was well designed content, primed for future expansions and tie-ins to upcoming content. There are all sorts of places this can grow into. So many other things were put on hold in order to design and implement Prisoners of Alkatrool. How is it even possible to, only 3 Updates later, to scrap the entire thing? What is Ankama even doing with all the time, coming up with whole chunks of the game, and then eliminating them a few months later?

This is just like the expansion of Tokens, followed by their elimination. This is just like adding in Mobile Arenas, pulling them off for a month for a Revamp, and then never bringing them back. Count Alkatrool and Supervillains as another great idea, that for no reason, was turned into a total waste of months of people's time.

Not only do you delay other content to introduce this; then you totally abandon it, rather than expanding and improving what is already there. Thanks for creating a vortex of ill will, shame, confusion and disgust.

You might as well delete the whole game, so as to save yourselves even more time and effort in the future.

That is how I feel.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-03-26
posté February 04, 2014, 12:16:42 | #231
I actually agree with the alkatrool decision. I went through the content once and that was enough for me and didn't see much incentive to return there much. Make a bigger island with quests, dungeons and the prison. Actually revamp troolfair too.

This post has been edited by MereBytes - February 04, 2014, 12:19:25.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-08-28
posté February 04, 2014, 12:19:51 | #232
Im very disappointment to see the Islands removal. I really wanted to see Kralaman.
Seems not to be harming anything to just let it stay and table it for now.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté February 04, 2014, 15:06:40 | #233

Quote (MereBytes @ 04 February 2014 12:16) *
I actually agree with the alkatrool decision. I went through the content once and that was enough for me and didn't see much incentive to return there much. Make a bigger island with quests, dungeons and the prison. Actually revamp troolfair too.

i don't understand this statement. Does this mean any content you don't find worthwhile to return to should be deleted as well? How many other islands do you not visit anymore? Did it ever occur to you that other players enjoy this area or still need items from there? What's the harm in leaving it alone. That doesn't stop Ankama from improving it in the future if it didn't meet their standards.

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 04 February 2014 06:37) *
You might as well delete the whole game, so as to save yourselves even more time and effort in the future.

That is how I feel.

Agreed. If Ankama really feels this way about Alkatrool... I'm curious about what they think of Wakfu itself. Surely the state of Wakfu is in much worse shape considering all the bugs, problems, and errors it already contains. Delete it and put me out of my misery. For me, Wakfu really is a love hate relationship.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-07-04
posté February 04, 2014, 15:27:19 | #234

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 04 February 2014 06:37) *
Let us consider all the work that went into releasing Alkatrool[...]

That is how I feel.
Have you ever thought about all the time that goes to waste because people disagree with class revamp decisions? How many revamps have been delayed because people often neglect to see the whole picture of a class or are stuck on one aspect of a class and refuse to move from it? (poor panda revamp, ill miss you so)

And it's not like all that programming goes to waste, anyway. All that data is still stored.(unless they make a terrible decision and actually delete it all)

If you honestly feel that way about Wakfu, then it probably should have been deleted long ago.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté February 04, 2014, 16:03:25 | #235
So do we know when is this update comming yet? Next week? Two, three weeks from now?

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-08-16
posté February 04, 2014, 16:10:58 | #236
Oh wow i thought that would atleast get updated. The update is going to happen on the 11th of Feb.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-12
posté February 04, 2014, 18:20:34 | #237
So will Multimen be removed too? (Since Alkatrool was their precursor)?

Prepare for a wave of anger and mistrust regarding content changes made to this game for the next year at least, and probably everything done in the last year as well.
This is outrageous. It wasn't imperative to my game play, but just the way this has been handled, along with all the other issues*, that really puts a sour taste in my mouth.
It's been said time and time again, it really doesn't seem like Ankama cares about their players, or the game is dying from lack of funding, and we will never know because they aren't transparent about anything. I wouldn't want to be part of this if not for my guild and the incredible Wakfu world that still remains, even though it's slowly being chipped away with each update.

*MM changes, drop tables left unfinished for months, massive amounts of bugs, class revamps/fixes never delivered when promised, arena, tokens, and other unfulfilled promises

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 04, 2014, 18:48:26 | #238
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your continuous feedback. Here is more information regarding this update that I would like to share with you today:

Smithmagic Hammers

We have shared your feedback with the team and if the situation evolves regarding this subject, we will make sure to keep you updated.

Please note that only the Smithmagic Hammers which are looted in-game will become untradable. The Boutique Hammers and the Smithmagic Hammers will still be tradable.

Alkatrool

Regarding Alkatrool, we have noticed your disappointment across the communities and informed the team, therefore the team has decided to react.

The quality issue was first regarding the area itself and the concept of Alkatrool and not the offered content. The combat with the 2 bosses and their rewards being still good elements.

Therefore, it is the reason why, even if the area will no longer exist, starting from February 11th, you will still be able to fight the 2 bosses:

• Decepticod will await you in Astrub Sewers
  • Merkator will await you in Forfut

The rewards and the access conditions will remain the same (1000K to open their cell).

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-12
posté February 04, 2014, 19:45:41 | #239

Quote (Sabi @ 04 February 2014 18:48) *
AlkatroolRegarding Alkatrool, we have noticed your disappointment across the communities and informed the team, therefore the team has decided to react.

The quality issue was first regarding the area itself and the concept of Alkatrool and not the offered content. The combat with the 2 bosses and their rewards being still good elements.

Therefore, it is the reason why, even if the area will no longer exist, starting from February 11th, you will still be able to fight the 2 bosses:

• Decepticod will await you in Astrub Sewers
  • Merkator will await you in Forfut

The rewards and the access conditions will remain the same (1000K to open their cell).

THANK YOU,
SO-
VERY-
MUCH!

These are exactly the compromises we need when content changes without warning, thank you!

This post has been edited by cbunny - February 04, 2014, 19:50:05.
posté February 04, 2014, 19:54:53 | #240
Thank you Sabi for relaying that information back regarding Decepticod and Merkator!

A thousand hugs!

We really do need info about the PP Lock/Drop Table revamp though Sorry to keep bringing this up, but thousands of us individual human beings are waiting for this update, and a deeper bunch of info about it. Thank you.