Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 27 Novamaire
Skank Hivin
The Skank Hivin festival owes its name to a Dragoturkey breeder. He was so jealous of his cousin, ...

No flash

Shu'Far Away From Home
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-11-06
posté February 05, 2014, 20:08:19 | #281

Quote (Sabi @ 05 February 2014 20:04) *

Quote (BigCarrotz @ 05 February 2014 19:46) *
Why nerf and why not balancing? Fire rogue is useless now.

Hi guys,

I understand that the changes on the Rogue comes as a bit of a surprise, from first appearing on the Beta server and needing to be confirmed still and I do want to apologize for that and will make sure to get this improved with the team.

Now I did ask Grou to explain further the Rogue changes and here is what he said:

"The limitation on Wall of Flame is to prevent AI abuse, but it is planned in the future to review the Fire Rogue to give more flexibility. Regarding Piercing Shot, it was simply too strong but if the change makes it too weak, then a review will be considered."

As usual, I will continue to share your feedback and I am also specially interested on the parts of the changelog that you still feel needs further explanations. I have already collected some but please keep on sharing them as it is important to have you understand them properly.

How about grou plays his own damn game for once. Peircing shot has really low damage per ap and if he removes that much - res from the attack itself earth rogue will be gimped. Classes like dragon osa and earth enutrofs cras and masks already do the same amount of damage if not more depending on how the gear is outfitted. Really sick of Grou's ideas

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-01-07
posté February 05, 2014, 20:09:11 | #282

Now I did ask Grou to explain further the Rogue changes and here is what he said:

"The limitation on Wall of Flame is to prevent AI abuse, but it is planned in the future to review the Fire Rogue to give more flexibility."

"But it is planned in the future to blah blah blah" NO. I refuse to accept half-done changes, Sabi! That is not even close to a satisfying response from Grou.

And tell me how the severe damage reduction has anything to do with "preventing AI abuse"?? I don't think that it does!

This post has been edited by Merriden - February 05, 2014, 20:10:15.
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-02-28
posté February 05, 2014, 20:15:21 | #283

Hi guys,

I understand that the changes on the Rogue comes as a bit of a surprise, from first appearing on the Beta server and needing to be confirmed still and I do want to apologize for that and will make sure to get this improved with the team.

"The limitation on Wall of Flame is to prevent AI abuse, but it is planned in the future to review the Fire Rogue to give more flexibility. Regarding Piercing Shot, it was simply too strong but if the change makes it too weak, then a review will be considered."

As usual, I will continue to share your feedback and I am also specially interested on the parts of the changelog that you still feel needs further explanations. I have already collected some but please keep on sharing them as it is important to have you understand them properly.

Tell grou he's not doing his work as he should. If its a AI problem, make it better. He doesnt fucking balance anything. You give us everything and then you take it all. We are paying for this game, most of us 2-3 acc and we get this shitty service. What about people who got end gear for their fire rogue and now they have to either make it earth fire or start another class. And no Sabi you can't understand what these changes means for fire rogue players.

No point sharing feed back. The feedback you will get for fire rogues will be agains these stupid changes. And that won't make them consider.

This post has been edited by [MOD]O-Respeitador - February 05, 2014, 20:20:36.
Reason for edit : [Forums Rules of Conduct - Insult]
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-09-01
posté February 05, 2014, 20:15:40 | #284
Ok i understand the problem: make UB immune to firewall or better make that a rogue with more then % fire damage cant' enter, or even if better! Fire the one who nerfed fire rogue, put him in a bag full of stones, then throw it in a river or a lake... now if he survive i will admit to be wrong, if he dont'.. well *pont and muahhaha*

posté February 05, 2014, 20:20:35 | #285
Can't he test things before the launches them like above is beeing said? I've had enough of Ankama stupid changes! This has come too far`!

You fuck all classes when you decide to change them.
You give and take back- Sidekicks , Smithmaggic hammers
Your support is absolutly crap. In a scale of 200, its -12.
All your anwsners along support is ctrl+v.

2014 should be a new year with good news, not SK nerf, Smithhammer beeing change ( u can fucking trade equips and use hammers u know? , support is still crap and the list goes on.

Wakfu is like a big and rare diamond but it's Jewelers are the worst....

Open your eyes please, this is not beta. You simply can't change a class like this from Good to useless.

This post has been edited by Sargent-Wiggest - February 05, 2014, 20:49:57.
Short Strich * Member Since 2005-08-15
posté February 05, 2014, 21:03:20 | #286

Quote (Sabi @ 16 January 2014 13:00) *

Rogue We have decided to balance the following 2 spells. Wall of Flame: Will increase to 3 triggers per turn and per target. Damage will decrease from 54 to 44 (level 100) and 104 to 84 (level 200). Piercing Shot: The loss of resistance will decrease from -100% to -50% (level 100) and -200% to -100% (level 200).

Since you are doing the same over and over again, last year you did and a lot of people quit and now you are doing it again, I dont usually post anything since sometimes is a balance, like you did with cras long ago, but now, with rogue, seriously, let me tell you something, that is not a balance to earth rogues, we are already very limited with a need line of sight, linear spell, that cannot be casted on close combat and the damage was good, so we accepted it, now, with that what you call "balance" more rogues will quit or start new classes. You should start listen to the community since you clearly dont play as you say, otherwise you would be listening and not killing a game. Oh by the way, as you don't even care, like you never care about us, feeling the same dissapointment that lead me to quit once. How about you check for once the comments of the people, people who pay you.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté February 05, 2014, 21:14:58 | #287
Real reason of removing alkatrool: They don't want spend time with 2 other villains.

You can say them lazy or busy.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté February 05, 2014, 21:31:19 | #288
Has Ankama ever played a Rogue? I made mine because content in Frigost and Wabbits had so much HP and Resist that my friends and I needed something that could inflict a reasonable amount of damage, so we could stand a chance of winning our battles.

I can tell you, after playing Wabbit Island, if anything, Fire and Earth Rogues need a buff to both wall and piercing shot, not a nerf. That stuff they have sitting in those dungeons is just truly insane.

Hell, just leave my Fire/Earth Rogue alone, and buff the other classes so we have a good opportunity to damage stuff too.

Ugh its going to be so difficult to kill stuff with walls now, AND you're reducing the base damage? WTF. If procs per turn go down, the least you can do to compensate is to buff the base damage! Geez! Give us some hope of winning battles that match our character level, my gods....

posté February 05, 2014, 21:33:16 | #289
Devs will be insane to go ahead with this Rogue nerf considering the amount of dissent on both the EU and FR forums. On the other hand, maybe they truly, truly do not care what anyone else thinks.

posté February 05, 2014, 21:34:32 | #290

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 05 February 2014 21:31) *
Has Ankama ever played a Rogue? I made mine because content in Frigost and Wabbits had so much HP and Resist that my friends and I needed something that could inflict a reasonable amount of damage, so we could stand a chance of winning our battles.

I can tell you, after playing Wabbit Island, if anything, Fire and Earth Rogues need a buff to both wall and piercing shot, not a nerf. That stuff they have sitting in those dungeons is just truly insane.

Hell, just leave my Fire/Earth Rogue alone, and buff the other classes so we have a good opportunity to damage stuff too.

Ugh its going to be so difficult to kill stuff with walls now, AND you're reducing the base damage? WTF. If procs per turn go down, the least you can do to compensate is to buff the base damage! Geez! Give us some hope of winning battles that match our character level, my gods....
I agree completely.

I don't know how can they be so blind. They say they hear us, the community, but just look at this... Grou is at his worse by nerfing rogues like this. 2014 is a bad year for Wakfu so far...

Rogue will just be another Sadida or Foggernaut

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-10-30
posté February 05, 2014, 21:56:49 | #291
Dude, have you ever seen a Foggernaut? Because I doubt that...

posté February 05, 2014, 22:03:24 | #292
I'm just horrified at what they're considering! 3 procs on Wall AND a reduce in base damage?

They say they're encouraging hybrid builds, but seriously, if you want to get ANY damage out of the Fire or Earth branch now, you'll have to go Mono-elemental, and just pray they don't nerf it any further. God, at least give the Fire Branch a way to set off bombs that costs less than the AP to cast them! Fire walls are very nearly useless now, and has Ankama even SEEN the monsters we need to fight? Their resist easily equals or exceeds the damage a hybrid Fire/Earth Rogue can put out on Walls in nearly every instance.

On most of the Wabiit mobs we hit at or only somewhat above the base damage of Wall to begin with. We won't survive long enough to kill anything at all, with procs cut off and base damage reduced so far!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté February 05, 2014, 22:07:40 | #293

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 05 February 2014 19:01) *
@Gynrei

Yup, I know. But consider the time invested, the AP invested, and the turns without doing decent damage. It should be worth it.

For Short Fights Rogues can use other spells that directly do damage, I think bombs gameplay should be restricted to that, otherwise I'd rather take a Cra or a Fire enu that has a great direct damage with area of effect power :]

I have considered the time invested and I still feel they do not need to be stronger as turns go on.

What you gain by spending all your turns to place bombs is MASSIVE BURST dmg. That is it's own reward. Sure you could simply attack each turn and do the same dmg but in certain fights the delayed dmg from bombs is far better. Once a boss enters it dangerous phase or gets close enough to attack your party... unleashing those 5 turns planting bombs at once is an extremely powerful tactic. Bombs are a utility other classes do not have. I'd love to unleash 5 turns of damage at once on certain bosses. Cra's using Destructive arrow do not come close to the level of destruction Rogues are capable of.

Currently I lack burst dmg in my characters. I really hope Defensive Orb will remedy that.

posté February 05, 2014, 22:09:12 | #294
And don't even get me started on the AP cost to push away an enemy so you can shoot it.

Has Ankama ever heard of "point blank range"?

You should be able to shoot stuff immediately in front of you, for goodness sakes. If you can swing a Sword, Axe, Daggers, Staffs, Hammer and goodness knows what else at something in front of you, you can certainly pull a trigger on a gun.

posté February 05, 2014, 22:10:15 | #295
Islands like Wabbit and Frigost made us to create a fire rogue, which is currently the best char in PVM ( player versus monsters ) so we could get a great amount of XP and for most of us to farm relics ( which will be harder after the update ).

Grou, is again, not doing his job as he should. I am sick of being told that the community, at least the international community is heard.These changes cannot be implemented like this , due to the short amount of time we had to know these changes.

Fire rogue: is an absolutely amazing char for pvm. Firewall is indeed one of the best things to fight monsters. But by nerfing it as they are they will turn Fire rogues useless. Having 3 procs ( damages per monster in one turn ) is way too low. And even with this firewall nerf, they will make it weaker. Are they only thinking about High level rogues, like 140, who farmed their sets for months and have great stats and etc? Have they thought about alvl 80 fire rogue soloing mobs? A Rogue by this level cannot do any high damage besides his firewall and bombs. His spells are way too low to compensate this nerf.

Example: Imagine a fire rogue that gets surrounded. His spells are so weak!, that if this happens he will probably be dead any time soon.

Earth Rogue: So I played fire rogue and I love it like it is and I want to enjoy this class as it is At the moment and due to this useless and stupid and nonsense nerf I have to change elements?. I say No! Because we don't deserve this nerf. Earth rogue is an excelente Damage dealer. But it is linear and we can't do any damage in close combat! Piercing shot is good as it is!

Most of us are playing Wakfu since it came out and we don't deserve these sudden changes. We are talking about almost 2 years of effort put into this game! Those who play as fire rogues for almost 1 year will have their game experience completely ruined! We , the community, whether French orInternational deserve to be listen.

Air Rogue: This version of rogue is absolutely crap. A completeCTRL+v of an pseudo Air iop.

Let's say NO! to these changes, Let's say YES! to a more competent Wakfu and Support team. WE pay for services we DON'T get. WE don't want to play to be fearing sudden changes like these! We want a good STABLE game!

A litle message for the whole Wakfu team:

There are two key words that every company should follow:

Effectiveness and Efficiency, tell your managers study there2 words, because they have been BAD managers.

You should really "revamp" all the programming team. Since there isn't any patch since launch that didn't need 1,2 or 3 hotfixes.

Grou, stop for a while, open your eyes and ears. Test your own creations. This isn't beta server, you CANNOT keep doing sudden and useless changes just because you want.

This post has been edited by Sargent-Wiggest - February 05, 2014, 22:40:16.
posté February 05, 2014, 22:23:06 | #296
Wow, I've put so much time and effort into fire rogue and now it gets shot in the legs out of nowhere. I would be ok if the damage was decreased a little but for monsters to get hit just 3 times per turn by a firewall is absolutely outrageous. If this rogue nerf goes through then i definitely think i'm leaving.

I'm seriously disappointed Ankama, you're doing a good job of pushing people away from this game.

This post has been edited by shadowmandon15 - February 05, 2014, 22:26:00.
Reason for edit : typo
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté February 05, 2014, 22:36:51 | #297
I'm still very curious about what prompted Ankama to 'improve' Rogues. Was it the recent videos posted from players clearing dungeons using Firewall?

Because if Ankama doesn't tell us the reason... players are going to make and post fewer videos. This also slows word of mouth about the game.

posté February 05, 2014, 22:50:54 | #298

Quote (Gynrei @ 05 February 2014 22:36) *
I'm still very curious about what prompted Ankama to 'improve' Rogues. Was it the recent videos posted from players clearing dungeons using Firewall?

Because if Ankama doesn't tell us the reason... players are going to make and post fewer videos. This also slows word of mouth about the game.

If there are bugs or unfair systems in the game that hinder players, Ankama turns a blind eye, but bugs or unfair systems that benefit players are swiftly dealt with.

posté February 05, 2014, 22:58:18 | #299
Since almost every creature post 100 is going to run right through our walls with a minimum of damage, what is being done to ensure Fire Rogues can kill the stuff when it ends up in their face?

We only have one CC spell and it is VERY lackluster. (well there is another but the base damage is what, 40 at lv 200, so it counts even less)

How are we gonna kill the stuff that walks unmolested over acres of fire walls?! Those walls are how we deal our damage in almost all situations!

The least you could do would be to make Rogues 100% resistant to their explosions, so they can use bombs to make up for the lack of CC damage and the neutering of their Walls.

Turning a Range AOE branch into a laughing stock is a terrible thing to do, without giving them a viable spell to use for CC damage.

Another idea: make the bombs NO-LOS so we can cast them immediately behind stuff that reaches us in Close Combat.

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-06-24
posté February 05, 2014, 23:28:51 | #300

Hi guys,

Wow, that was fast. Still wait for an Azael-explanation regarding Feca-Revamp and and a Grou-explanation regarding Drop-Revamp.

Although those 2 liners don't really make us happy. Seriously Sabi, the devs lie about wanting feedback but nothing we write here influences them in any decisions. They don't care about and coult at least be honest about this fact...