Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Shu'Far Away From Home
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2013-03-08
posté February 08, 2014, 08:07:40 | #361
^Indeed. I hope it doesn't get edited, it's pretty dead on.
I don't like bringing so much negativity to the forums, but I'm just so disappointed with vital issues that continued to be ignored. At least some news on them or something? (Drop tables QQ)
Some good changes... but a bunch of harmful ones, but at least we can be distracted by the shiny new dungeon. You have to admit, it looks fantastic.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-05-24
posté February 08, 2014, 20:59:20 | #362
Equipment range bonuses are not applying to multimans. You cannot use the extra cell that appears on the battle for their spells.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-04-27
posté February 08, 2014, 21:30:26 | #363

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 07 February 2014 23:27) *
Furthermore, to compliment our desire for your suffering, we have decided to reduce the damage and options of the Rogue class. We hope you have many slow battles, and we anticipate the many deaths in Freeze and the Wabbit Island content!

Rogue is not needed at freeze. Actually IMO Rogue slows the dungeon down since the firewall blocks us from the enemies. Too bad for wabbit island content tho.

posté February 09, 2014, 00:44:38 | #364
Sabi can you tell me if they are going to fix manifold bramble glyph bug?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté February 09, 2014, 00:47:25 | #365
Well, I built my Rogue to help me farm Ice Chafers specifically, so...

And almost every group you see running Ambassador Wing has a Rogue or two in it...

Anyways, its going to be "interesting" to see if I can still solo level on anything appropriate after the update, or if I'm just going to have to go back to playing my much slower but much safer Osamodas main.

It was so nice to be able to kill stuff though! I was actually able to contribute as a damage dealing class for a change, instead of my usual preference of support roles. Sigh.

I do have to say, the current Fire/Earth Rogue is a real benefit for most high level content, especially in a place like Ambassador Wing. The whole idea of the Firewalls is to soften up the Chafers before they get to the group, and even occasionally kill them before they get to the group.

Since the walls don't block ranged damage, it's a great place to keep using pushback, to seal off exits with summons and players, and also to set off the bombs for additional damage if necessary to get rid of clingers-on and bone piles.

Rogues are also great at getting rid of the bone piles via their 1ap air branch spell, and to a lesser extent with their earth branch, surprise shot procs, and boombot.

Sadly these nerfs will make the walls only of slight utility, good to cast at a distance at least at the beginning, but hardly a pillar of strategy for damaging the monsters more than they can damage you.

Fire/Earth Rogues are going to be stuck spamming bombs and setting them off, praying boombot does not get locked/stunned/killed so they can carry over the explosion AP to next turn, and of course inflicting considerably less damage via their Earth branch if nothing else is going to work for their turn.

It's still going to be useful to have a Rogue, but it's also going to be a lot less appealing, as their loss in damage versus these high resist mobs is going to be so very much less than it should be.

I just hope they don't nerf Masks, Xelors, Iops and Cras next- it would be nice if some classes still maintain the ability to hit a reasonable amount of damage per turn versus these mobs. The last thing I want to do is spend 2 to 5 hours in a single dungeon run due to low as hell damage, only to then suffer under the un-revamped PP Lock/Drop Rate system. Slower, harder fights and low ass drops are not the recipe for a good time in Tommy Land.

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - February 09, 2014, 01:22:47.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2006-09-11
posté February 09, 2014, 02:03:14 | #366
So I just want to start this post by saying I rarely voice my opinion on the forums, however I can't just sit here and watch these changes without saying something, despite the fact it'll be months before something will be done about these ridiculous changes.

Rogues have and always will be my favorite class, ever since their release in Dofus I've loved their mechanics and how they require more planning and good predictive skills to utilize them to their full potential.

So you can imagine how much it saddened me to see that both the Fire AND Earth trees are being torn apart at their foundations, especially after spending the last month preparing to switch from my Air Sram main (the most neglected build on the most neglected class in Wakfu) to my Fire Rogue, I've saved up for weeks, figured out sets, leveled the character, and now, a few DAYS after I blow almost one million Kamas on the Rogues set, and finally getting it to a high enough level to be considered useful in a group.

These changes appear to have been thrown together in a few hours, a quick fix to prevent players from clearing your precious new content too quickly, and obviously haven't been thought through. There's a post Click here that puts the a Fire Rogues damage post-nerf into perspective with other classes, if you look at the numbers, you'll see that in terms of base damage a Rogue can now barely keep up with other classes in a best case scenario involving 5 crits on the bombs, 3 procs of the firewall and if all 5 bombs manage to explode on the desired target.

You've turned the Fire Rogue from an amazing AoE class into a haphazard single target damage dealer. And to top it all off, you gave us barely a weeks notice.

The only good change coming with this update is the exp bonus to additional characters, which I will be using to make a cookie-cutter build Iop, since you never seem to nerf those.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-22
posté February 09, 2014, 02:18:38 | #367

Quote (JoolsX @ 09 February 2014 02:03) *
The only good change coming with this update is the exp bonus to additional characters, which I will be using to make a cookie-cutter build Iop, since you never seem to nerf those.
Don't give them any ideas.

Question about the exp buff: Say my character in slot one is level 120, and my character in slot two is level 140. Character one will get double experience, right? Or does it only work left-to-right?

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-05-10
posté February 09, 2014, 02:33:50 | #368

Quote (Toasty4 @ 09 February 2014 02:18) *

Quote (JoolsX @ 09 February 2014 02:03) *
Don't give them any ideas.

Question about the exp buff: Say my character in slot one is level 120, and my character in slot two is level 140. Character one will get double experience, right? Or does it only work left-to-right?
Character 120 will get 2x xp rate till he's lvl 140. Slot order doesn't matter.

I had just started my rogue again. Thankfully I only runed 3 items of his gear, really hard to resell. No question that if these changes go through my rogue will be good for the garbage dump. I'll probably make a cra to replace him.

posté February 09, 2014, 03:26:15 | #369
I really like my Rogue- I love summons, and bombs count in my mind as summoning.

I'm just really sad to see so much of his tactical use get thrown out the window. I just don't know what class of mine to even play now to level at a reasonable rate and grind out the endless battles needed for gear and rune powder.

Ugh. I wish they threw out class buffs for us all, instead. Would be so nice.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté February 09, 2014, 07:23:02 | #370
How about rebalancing Explodoll of Sadida? Currently it deal/heal ONLY 10 HP at level 100 (when maxed passive) and just 20 HP at level 200! Make it double at least, it will be still weaker then Fire wall but would give a reason to actually level this passive at all.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté February 09, 2014, 08:15:40 | #371

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 09 February 2014 07:23) *
How about rebalancing Explodoll of Sadida? Currently it deal/heal ONLY 10 HP at level 100 (when maxed passive) and just 20 HP at level 200! Make it double at least, it will be still weaker then Fire wall but would give a reason to actually level this passive at all.

Other classes have more priority than Sadidas. You guys had a revamp (albeit not a well-received one), wait until the rest of the classes get theirs. No cutting in line.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2013-03-08
posté February 09, 2014, 08:46:00 | #372

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 09 February 2014 08:15) *

Other classes have more priority than Sadidas. You guys had a revamp (albeit not a well-received one), wait until the rest of the classes get theirs. No cutting in line.

I hope this doesn't start a Sadida war, but we WERE promised auto-control of dolls by the end of the year. That didn't happen and no news on it either. I don't expect a revamp, but this should be implemented at the very least, and sooner than later.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-02-26
posté February 09, 2014, 12:28:37 | #373
Rogues, imagine your firewall would only hit twice before vanishing and only if the enemy starts its turn in it.

You'll get adjusted to the "three hits per turn"-change. It was more than obvious the would also change the firewalls after stomping fire glyph fecas into the ground, since both classes became very powerfull in combination with Krobax.

This post has been edited by Akeja - February 09, 2014, 12:30:02.
posté February 09, 2014, 14:19:27 | #374

Quote (GriloSujo @ 08 February 2014 20:59) *
Equipment range bonuses are not applying to multimans. You cannot use the extra cell that appears on the battle for their spells.
This should be fixed at least during the update. I already reported these bugs and they told me they were going to fix it.

Sadida needs a litle change on some passives and water branch. This class is still not that viable as the paper says.

Again, for the 3rd time, Sabi could you tell me if they are going tofix manifold Bramble glyph bug?

Even with This new concept in wakfu, the elite style, the island seems poor in content. About 3 monsters and only one dungeon does not makes me exited about it.

We all know that Will take about 1-2-3 hotfixes to fix new and old content...and that demotivates me

If they fix it... Ive been playing since it came out and ive been reporting a bug since then that is still in game

And im still here paying and supporting them...

now i have reported a sadida bug to sabi, in fóruns, to a staff member named kewl, and i bet it wont get fixed for 2 reasons, its a bug and the class is the sadida

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté February 10, 2014, 09:01:30 | #375
RIP Skale  

posté February 10, 2014, 09:28:31 | #376
Of course, the Rogues will be getting a respec due to the nerf of two of their branches, correct?

Sabi?

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-12-01
posté February 10, 2014, 10:10:55 | #377
once more we discussed about it, most people not happy with rogue changes but then who are we? They are like just leave them discuss, we will change it no matter what happen!!

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté February 10, 2014, 11:24:55 | #378

Quote (LioVamp @ 10 February 2014 09:01) *
RIP Skale

You mean Krobax? o.o

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-04-15
posté February 10, 2014, 14:47:12 | #379
thanks for the nerf of rogue!

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 10, 2014, 16:48:06 | #380

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 10 February 2014 09:28) *
Of course, the Rogues will be getting a respec due to the nerf of two of their branches, correct?

Sabi?

Hi Tommy!

Yes, Rogues will be getting a respec too.

Also I have updated the changelog with the final changes, which are highlighted in teal.