Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Hotfix for 1.32 - 27.03.14
Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-01-18
posté March 25, 2014, 16:22:30 | #41
Hmm new anti-bot system sounds like it could be interesting. Also love that they're finally making a costume section. Hopefully it will be able to store all my costumes. XD

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-19
posté March 25, 2014, 17:07:48 | #42
Any reason why the respec is not for the classes affected by the changes?

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2011-05-28
posté March 25, 2014, 17:07:58 | #43
Can we seriously drop the outdated meta stating that Fecas are nothing but AP machines? Did we suddenly forget how awesome their tanking and support abilities are now? Just because our ability to give AP has been nerfed (you can still give AP you know), doesn't make the branch or the whole class useless.

That being said, 2 casts per turn would've been a acceptable change.

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 25 March 2014 15:33) *

Quote (smallz117 @ 25 March 2014 14:07) *
so what I get from this is most feca players are:
*Make feca*
"What do?"
"AP glyphs!"
*builds for ap*
*gears for ap*
*plays for ap*

Sounds like ankama is making the right move to make this change if this is everyone's reaction. Not gonna say I didnt do it, I was one of the first to run around doing this and did it tons, I'm just saying there is much more to fecas than giving tons of AP.
If there wasnt I would have gotten bored of it and stopped playing feca after about a week.
do you really play feca? i doubt it... of course there is more than just ap glyphs, but earth shields are just not strong enough with 10ap...(and im pure earth build) you need extra ap to be able to tank properly... and with this nerf... oh well, i guess getting high beligerance easyly with the extra ap was too much for their freaking UB... and we all know what happens when a UB suddenly turns easier because 1 skill, dont we? They better raise the damage of the skill way up since it got nerfed to once per turn or earth fecas will have 4 earth branch skills....

Earth armor with 10AP is fine. I'm taking 0 damage from lenalds and wabbits at 115 while wearing just a Rampart set and a makabraxe. Also, why would you care about Staff's damage if you're currently using it to increase your shield via glyphs? Increasing Staff's shield level per hit would've been a better argument.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté March 25, 2014, 17:19:38 | #44

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 25 March 2014 16:13) *

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 25 March 2014 15:33) *

Quote (smallz117 @ 25 March 2014 14:07) *
so what I (...) a week.
do you really (...)wich one is right?
Earth shields are not enough? Are you serious? With 10AP and no glyphs I can tank most of the things and got no or very little dmg. Giving 10AP was nice but it was OP no matter what you say.If you can't tank with earth feca then you're doing something wrong...

"Giving 10AP was nice but it was OP no matter what you say"
With 7mp cap, you could make 3 ap glyphs max per turn. Glyphs are getting worn out after 3 turns and you have to start creating new ones, so max glyph quantity is 9. Lets assume you have 140ish fecastaff. This makes 9x1,7ap=15ap. Lets assume fight took 4 turns (with so many aps it is hard to make longer fights, no matter the mob type).
3x1,7ap (1st turn)+6x1,7(2nd)+9x1,7(3rd)+9x1,7(4th) = 45ap (rounded). So feca have given only 5 aps more than he had during these 4 turns.
It is not OP, no matter what you say.
It is called support build...
I know that feca had some remaining aps after making 3 glyphs each turn, but being almost immobilized (1mp) after making glyphs (assuming mp cap build) made using those efficiently hard, if not impossible, since mobs are avoiding hi-res players whenever they can.
In my opinion, if ankama halfwits really want to nerf it, 2 per turn limit would be perfect solution - still usefull, but preventing ap-slave builds.

"Earth shields are not enough? Are you serious? With 10AP and no glyphs I can tank most of the things and got no or very little dmg.(...)If you can't tank with earth feca then you're doing something wrong..."
Here I must agree - my feca is cap lvl but still in 100ish eq. 9ap, good lock, good res, pathetic dmg. And his shielding is still capable of negating full attack from fat zwombie + sometimes one or two bits from small zwombie. If someone has tanker with proper eq and has problem to shield with 10ap, then something is wrong. DP is exception, if he could be negated with 10ap shield, then smth would be wrong.

This post has been edited by semcorda - March 25, 2014, 17:21:56.
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté March 25, 2014, 17:29:59 | #45
First thank you everyone for your feedback.

Here is also another preview of how the Anti-bot system will look like:

And now for the questions:

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 24 March 2014 18:28) *
Is the resource

• multiplied by 40 (as in, a 3 resource haul would give then 120 resources)
  • or is it an additional 40% to resources collected (as in a 3 resource haul would give and additional 40% chance of becoming a 4 resource haul?)
  • How long does the buff last? That one single collection? The same length as the debuff would? A certain number of harvests?
  • Will it trigger in the Haven World? In the Haven Bag? (hope so!)

Very excited.

The bonus will work per single collection, for example (and this will be added to the hotfix changelog to make it clearer): If you are mining Iron and you harvest 3 Iron ores, if Major Cat comes and you win his challenge, then you will get another 40 extra Iron ores.

Major Cat may also choose to visit you in your Haven World.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté March 25, 2014, 17:42:08 | #46

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 24 March 2014 23:26) *
Feca nerf is ridiculous.
If anything make it a minimum of 2 casts per turn. Once per target.

(If it doesn't effect how many glyphs we can create,, not as concerned ;D)

I am coming back with information from the GD team regarding this change.

With the current spell, it is possible to give a character 18 AP after only 3 turns, therefore it had to be changed to make it more fair and balanced for everyone.

To limit this "exploit", there was only 2 solutions: either change the cost of the spell or add a limit to it, and it was decided that the best solution in terns of rebalancing would be to limit it to 1 use per turn.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2011-05-28
posté March 25, 2014, 17:42:21 | #47

Quote (Sabi @ 25 March 2014 17:29) *
Major Cat may also choose to visit you in your Haven World.

Cue bot-controlled guard bow wows.

Quote (Sabi @ 25 March 2014 17:42) *

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 24 March 2014 23:26) *
Feca nerf is ridiculous.
If anything make it a minimum of 2 casts per turn. Once per target.

(If it doesn't effect how many glyphs we can create,, not as concerned ;D)

With the current spell, it is possible to give a character 18 AP after only 3 turns, therefore it had to be changed to make it more fair and balanced for everyone.

To limit this "exploit", there was only 2 solutions: either change the cost of the spell or add a limit to it, and it was decided that the best solution in terns of rebalancing would be to limit it to 1 use per turn.

Is there any way to make it so that we can only make one Staff glyph per turn instead? That's less limitation of the spell on mobs while also taking care of the high AP issue.

This post has been edited by Tavish-DeGroot - March 25, 2014, 18:00:51.
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté March 25, 2014, 17:45:14 | #48
Sabiiiii!!!!

What about poor gemlins?!!

Will they gain bonuses?

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-08-27
posté March 25, 2014, 17:55:19 | #49
All Feca lovers are free to chase me with pitchforks but this has to be said.

"If Feca's are plain AP giving support, why would we need Xelor's?"

Right now Feca's outshine Earth Sac's tanking armor because they have Sacrier's old Armor mechanic which is 100% damage being directed to the armor not to mention the intense Block increase Feca's get, OH and lets not forget the extra lock in passive and oh right their Resist up passive for every lock they have, the only thing good with Sacrier's tanking capability is their map manipulation, can't say I am not surprise people are crying over this while Feca's tank like Gods.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-02-22
posté March 25, 2014, 18:04:03 | #50
I thought for sure the OP said that the hotfix was going to replace maintenance and happen at the time of maintenance on the 25th, not 27th. Was expecting the hotfix to come all of last night and thought bringing the server back up without a patch was a mistake.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté March 25, 2014, 18:24:57 | #51
People will still be able to bot in their haven bags but there's no way to fish or mine in bag, so that limits it a bit and they won't be hogging resources outside.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-12-12
posté March 25, 2014, 19:12:30 | #52

Quote (Sabi @ 25 March 2014 17:29) *
The bonus will work per single collection, for example (and this will be added to the hotfix changelog to make it clearer): If you are mining Iron and you harvest 3 Iron ores, if Major Cat comes and you win his challenge, then you will get another 40 extra Iron ores.

Let's hope they don't decrease the normal harvest gain rate by one to balance those 40 extra ores out...

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-04-24
posté March 25, 2014, 19:34:55 | #53
Would've made more sense to just make it so the AP glyphs don't stack, simples...

I hardly use the AP buff anyway other than when we really need to 'BLARGH!!' something.

This post has been edited by JustD87 - March 25, 2014, 19:35:08.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté March 25, 2014, 19:49:05 | #54
We need a costume inventory that is linked to our account and not just the character

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-12-10
posté March 25, 2014, 20:01:38 | #55
How often will Major Cat appear if you win the fight against him? Just wondering how potentially annoying/getting free extra resources it will be.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté March 25, 2014, 21:56:04 | #56

Quote (OM3GA-Z3R0 @ 25 March 2014 17:55) *
All Feca lovers are free to chase me with pitchforks but this has to be said.

"If Feca's are plain AP giving support, why would we need Xelor's?"

Right now Feca's outshine Earth Sac's tanking armor |not much, fecas armor requires dmg%, sacs don't, sometimes it is better, sometimes worse, definetly not "outshining"| because they have Sacrier's old Armor mechanic which is 100% damage being directed to the armor not to mention the intense Block increase Feca's get, OH and lets not forget the extra lock in passive |missed again, fecas' lock passives are more or less enough to even sacs' dodge steal, fecas are better only at multi-enemy locking| and oh right their Resist up passive for every |ekhm, another miss, after passing 333lock the lock-resist bonus stops raising| lock they have, the only thing good with Sacrier's tanking capability is their map manipulation, can't say I am not surprise people are crying over this while Feca's tank like Gods.

Fecas' tanking deity claim may be a bit too far fetched (bold parts prove why). Still, one of two best tanks in this game. You forgot to add fecas resist lowering ability, very useful, one of it's advantages over sac. I also don't understand why people whine so much because of ap-slave nerf. I must agree however, that 1 per turn is borderline useless. 2 per turn should satisfy both balance and players. Too bad that devs are to hard headed, and every op-ness THEY created and let into game they always nerf to the extreme up-ness.
They should sometimes try to TEST stuff before introducing, it would make everyones game experience easier.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-01-07
posté March 25, 2014, 22:57:35 | #57
I still think captchas would be better than this cat. No anti-botting on haven bags?  

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté March 25, 2014, 23:36:02 | #58

Quote (Sabi @ 25 March 2014 17:42) *

Thankyou sabi c:

Its hard to see something like this go so soon after we got it :s
But at its current state its a repeat of the fire rogue nerf. While the intention seems to be an attempt to stop an overpowered combo,, which does seem fair,, youre pushing the spell so far down that it will be almost unusable. I think a max of 2 per turn, or a limit on how many feca staff glyphs are allowed out at once are better compromises to controlling the spell. By allowing it to be used twice you can guarentee the player will benefit from your support, something you cant guarentee with 1 glyph at a time. (How often does 1 ap help a fully equip build? :l)
Or if youre going to make it 1 per turn it needs to be stronger than it currently is.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-08-19
posté March 25, 2014, 23:59:14 | #59
Will we have a video demonstrating the way to kill these things cuz i'm reading that paragraph and i'm getting a bit confused..... thanks ankama

posté March 26, 2014, 01:11:56 | #60
Please answer my question about the costumes.

Also, please answer the others person about how the major cat affects harvesting in bags.