Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Vonboe's profile
Statistics
98 Posts (0.1 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté April 24, 2014, 11:14:27 | #1

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 24 April 2014 01:15) *
What to do if you can't remember the secret answer and therefore can't change your password? It's bothering me for over a month already. Sent an ankabox to Sabi back then and it still remains unanswered, of course.

Yeah they do have a weird secret answer policy, instead of a normal answer like "what's you mothers maid name" or "what was your first pets name" the Ankama secret answer choice was something like: "The 28'th of March three years ago, what was your 5'th favourite non-american drama series character who wasn't a main nor a minor character but still somewhat interesting. Do you like the band Creed?"

Thread : News  Preview message : #720305  Replies : 10  Views : 597
posté April 12, 2014, 14:39:35 | #2
I loved Inside Ankama On Air sooo much!!
Especially the segment "epic NPC theater" was a ton of fun  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #715009  Replies : 15  Views : 721
posté February 19, 2014, 07:22:49 | #3
@Vahn-Gala

All they are going to do is make a short comic about the Duck it self, it's back story and how it ended up in the bathtub, nothing more.... No idea how anyone could have anything againts a story about a duck, they don't even have to read...

Thread : News  Preview message : #682447  Replies : 12  Views : 874
posté February 19, 2014, 00:28:28 | #4
@Major-Caligari

Oh, so sorry for being one of those "freaks" who actually finds this teeny tiny stretch goal with the Smug Duck in a comic strip to be an awesome thing!
I guess we all have to enjoy the things you only like, since we cannot allow people to be different, and of course you are FORCED to read this comic..... wow, take it easy dude/dudette?

Thread : News  Preview message : #682351  Replies : 12  Views : 874
posté December 09, 2013, 07:02:50 | #5

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 09 December 2013 06:54) *
I honestly couldn't care less about the gender, stereotype representation, or similarity of sidekicks to real-life figures. I see these as cosmetics, and all I need are their moves at my disposal. Even if they were big muscular "gifted" manly men with hairy chests wearing ultra-tight speedos, or women completely garbed in black except for the eyes that shoot laser beams out of every hole of their body, or all just different recolors of each other, I wouldn't really care.

The way I see it is... How will their gender even help you do anything? male or female they do the same thing.

Pretty sure we'll not only get female sidekicks eventually, but humanoid ones, and others more on the monster side.
Then why stop there? Why not let every single character just be a different sized cube instead?
Some of us care about art and graphics you know,,,,,

For me, having both genders gives artistic diversity which I do prefer over just plain males all of the time
( p.s I am male )

This post has been edited by Vonboe - December 09, 2013, 07:06:49.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #648559  Replies : 94  Views : 2466
posté December 08, 2013, 15:19:51 | #6
I have never understood the joy of roleplaying inside a game...
Isn't just playing the game itself roleplaying??? Of course, unless you battle monsters and go exploring dungeons in real life

This post has been edited by Vonboe - December 08, 2013, 15:22:31.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #648237  Replies : 17  Views : 855
posté December 05, 2013, 06:55:21 | #7
Can someone explain the exp vs lvl monster thing?

Let's say I am lvl 15 and I'm in a three-man group with a lvl 12 and lvl 18 ( total level 35 )
do we get the normal 100% exp if we fight a group of 3 monsters which total level is 35-45, or is it based on the individual level of the monsters? for example, do we get the normal 100% exp gain if we fight a group of 3 monster with each is level 20 but a total of level 60

This post has been edited by Vonboe - December 05, 2013, 08:04:58.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #646393  Replies : 104  Views : 5919
posté November 26, 2013, 10:03:54 | #8

Quote (tashlol @ 26 November 2013 09:58) *

Quote (Vonboe @ 26 November 2013 09:56) *

Quote (dirkuss @ 26 November 2013 09:36) *
hmm still have not received an email. opted in from the EU site.
Same here...
Has anyone received a CB invite email yet??
I haven't either. I don't think we'll be getting them guys. As far as I know the server will be up at 5.30pm GMT+8, but I could be very wrong. See you all on when its up
Yeah it seems so, though Renommus have written a couple of times that they would send out emails....
Or it might be that after 5:30 everyone can join the server?? so much for closed beta, not that I mind at all  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #641539  Replies : 372  Views : 17860
posté November 26, 2013, 09:56:41 | #9

Quote (dirkuss @ 26 November 2013 09:36) *
hmm still have not received an email. opted in from the EU site.
Same here...
Has anyone received a CB invite email yet??

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #641531  Replies : 372  Views : 17860
posté November 23, 2013, 14:42:05 | #10
I apologize beforehand if this question already have been answered, but will there also be a character wipe after the Open beta?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #639773  Replies : 372  Views : 17860
posté November 21, 2013, 09:33:08 | #11
Troyle, being able to spell out your own name on a piece of paper ( employment contract ) does not count as a test  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #638471  Replies : 7  Views : 469
posté November 20, 2013, 05:40:04 | #12
Well us guys who actually play this game for social aspects will have a harder time finding groups because people will now be running around with their own 3 man group solo playing,,,, Hell, all they now need is two accounts and they got their own full 6 man team, so much for multiplayer, huh...

This post has been edited by Vonboe - November 20, 2013, 05:42:38.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #637865  Replies : 372  Views : 17860
posté November 19, 2013, 05:55:47 | #13

Quote (tashlol @ 19 November 2013 05:47) *

Quote (Vonboe @ 19 November 2013 05:32) *
Would you play Wakfu if you had your own server where you would be the only player?? Not all games are ment to be played solo player.

I guess in this scenario where you can buy anything with real money there wouldn't be any need for a bot since you could just buy yourself to the highest level or buy all materials you would need.
Oh I see the point you're trying to make, I apologise Vonboe
I know some games aren't designed to be played solo player, but I was just stating the preference of some players. We have the opportunity currently to be able to play this game single player if we choose to, and I was expressing my hope that the new sidekick feature would improve this idea. I mentioned the group scaling of dungeons because it wouldn't just benefit single players, but players like you who struggle to find a complete group. I feel it'd be a positive step in improving game play for lots of people's play styles.
Its been said quite frequently that this game will not be a pay-to-win model, so I don't think 'buy yourself to the highest level' is quite accurate. But as I've said before, I can only speculate I hope I haven't trod on any toes, and if I have, I apologise.
Hehe no worries, I guess we all just want to have the ideal version of Wakfu, and each one of us have our own vision of what that implies
But lucky soon all will be revealed, as said before can't wait for the close beta to start ( even if I don't get to be a part of it )

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #637191  Replies : 372  Views : 17860
posté November 19, 2013, 05:32:58 | #14
Would you play Wakfu if you had your own server where you would be the only player?? Not all games are ment to be played solo player.

I guess in this scenario where you can buy anything with real money there wouldn't be any need for a bot since you could just buy yourself to the highest level or buy all materials you would need.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #637181  Replies : 372  Views : 17860
posté November 19, 2013, 05:12:15 | #15

Quote (tashlol @ 19 November 2013 04:50) *
I don't understand why there is this need to 'force' people into using one account. If someone would prefer to spend their money and their time playing a game they enjoy by themselves, or only with a few people, then why is there a problem? I understand that people are frustrated with the lack of people who wish to join groups with people, do dungeons, etc. But I feel that issue should not impact on those who wish to multibox. The fact that content does not scale to suit different sized groups should be something that needs discussing more, in my opinion.
I really don't understand that argument, because then you could just as well allow players to purchases ingame bots, lvl 140 characters, the best items and so forth since it's "their money and their time playing a game they enjoy by themselves" . Again I'm probably in the minority, but I play MMORPG mainly for the social aspects and If I wanted to play by myself I would play a solo player game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #637165  Replies : 372  Views : 17860
posté November 19, 2013, 01:35:59 | #16
I might be in the minority, but I would love to see a total restriction on multiclienting so people was more or less forced to join up with other people and be more social. I know that the obstacle with there not being a proper group-finding ingame mechanic is a problem, but hopefully it will get fixed at some point.
And even without it, I find it better than the current mass multiclienting which is going on with the current Wakfu.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #637089  Replies : 372  Views : 17860
posté November 18, 2013, 10:40:43 | #17

Quote (Renommus @ 18 November 2013 10:24) *

Quote (Keli-Liesin @ 18 November 2013 07:02) *
@Ren:

How long is the CB going to last?

Heya, CB is expected to last for a week, and following that a week will be taken to fix any really broken issues with the game (or longer, depending on what we find). During the duration of the test, all accounts will be set to premium and a large portion of the game that will be tested should be the early stages. This is due to the huge amount of new players that will likely be in the servers at that point, so we want to ensure that everyone at that stage will find this game enjoyable and playable.

It going to be different than any other experience players have had so far, due to the lack of "help" they can get from higher level players and items in the market. This should promote party play somewhat, and hopefully that will stick. There will also be a few in game events from the beginning to help players out, and also a few interesting ones that span months.

Sounds awesome, can't wait for this to happen  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #636683  Replies : 372  Views : 17860
posté November 13, 2013, 01:28:45 | #18
YahUuuu! Thanks for your hard work Renommus!!
Can't wait to see you all on the new server  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #633675  Replies : 372  Views : 17860
posté November 11, 2013, 12:50:18 | #19

Quote (Renommus @ 11 November 2013 12:02) *

Quote (Vonboe @ 11 November 2013 02:29) *
Just got a reply from the kind people at Ankama Japan, after I've send them an email about whatever or not Japan at some point will be part of the new Asia server or if there will be a specific server for Japan.
( short version of their reply )
"We do not answer questions regarding development"

Hey Von, i've brought this up and will clear it up with you really soon. Don't take it personally though. In matters like these, it's about managing expectations. The reason why a company takes a little step back before revealing any of their plans is due to the possibility of it not happening due to a gazillion possible reasons, which would be a huge bummer to their fans (reveal, promise but then doesn't happen - aside from other reasons of course)

So give me a little bit of time and i'll prod and poke to see what I can share with you on English users in Japan.

Thanks Renommus for taking your time investigating this!!
Though it might not end with the result I am hoping for, I still really appreciate your efforts.
Wakfu Asia is really lucky to have you as their community manager

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #632421  Replies : 372  Views : 17860