Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

AdmiralWhiske...'s profile
Statistics
60 Posts (0.06 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté December 11, 2014, 19:42:22 | #1

Quote (picklesaregood @ 11 December 2014 19:17) *
pretty much this, admiral's argument is only valid if you're talking about farming 3 relics of the same kind from the same dungeon

And you're argument is only valid if you're farming different relics, see where this is headed?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807664  Replies : 52  Views : 1411
posté December 11, 2014, 18:23:56 | #2

Quote (Merriden @ 11 December 2014 18:22) *
This is a pain experienced often by tanks.

I have a tank feca and haven't experienced this, are you fully runed and have no need for runes?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807647  Replies : 52  Views : 1411
posté December 11, 2014, 18:17:33 | #3

Quote (Heartyace @ 11 December 2014 16:47) *
That is one scumbag way to make the game P2W holy.

How on earth is this a P2W feature, it seems you don't understand the concept of "pay to win". I agree it may be pay to speed up progression but there is nothing wrong with that. In a F2P game, free players should be disadvantaged a bit more so than paying players in terms of progression speed, or then it will become a p2w model to make money.

Quote (Merriden @ 11 December 2014 18:16) *
How limited is your mental capacity?

Let's say a player is using the Heroes system with 1 Sram, 1 tank Sac, and 1 healer Eni. Do they each want the same Relic? Unlikely! You can argue that farming three of the same item takes the same amount of time, but farming three different things goes THREE TIMES AS FAST.

If a single character on an account wants the linked Gwand Viziew set, they could either run Wabbit dungeon 25 times, or with the Heroes system, merely 14.

Alright, that is a valid point i will give you that. But any dungeon you run will most likely have an advantageous piece of gear for one of your chars anyways, and even if not, you can use the tokens to buy pieces of gear to crush for runes. Heroic does speed up progression somewhat but not to the standards you all are making it out to be.

It can also be argued that while farming that relic for that single char, your other chars aren't gaining much what so ever. I never experienced the pains of farming an item for a char and the run's being completely useless for the rest of my team.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807644  Replies : 52  Views : 1411
posté December 11, 2014, 18:14:09 | #4

Quote (Heartyace @ 11 December 2014 16:38) *
I don't understand what your saying. If you use the hero system you get more tokens on that one account, make the first relic faster. Equip it to a character, then hunt the rest. Your gearing regardless what route you go, your just doing it more efficiently the heroes way.

I don't get what your arguing... Your doing the same thing as multiclienting but progressing faster because your actually gearing while doing it.

Alright i'll agree with that, its more efficient farming but only a bit faster tbh.

if you need 60 tokens for a relic, you get 20 each on 3 chars right? transfer it over to make the single relic, 20+20+20=60. But to get 3 relics, one for each char, it still will take 60 runs, same as multi accounters.

Quote (LolinhaLove @ 11 December 2014 16:45) *
Dump that much money? What are you talking about? So far nobody from Ankama has said anything about how Heroes will work regarding payment. For all I know it could actually be free to all booster pack users. For what you're saying it seems that you're implying that it will be some kind of slot/consumable thing that we'll have to pay monthly for.

From what i saw on the beta sever the hero slot had an ogrine cost, which im assuming is going to be a large cost as it should be. Im 95% certain it will be a standalone feature which you will have to pay extra for/upfront for and not just available to boosters. And if it is something you pay monthly for, there's nothing wrong in that. You are literally taking another character into a dungeon, its right that you should pay for its sub and the efficiency of usage.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807640  Replies : 52  Views : 1411
posté December 11, 2014, 16:33:12 | #5

Quote (Heartyace @ 11 December 2014 16:11) *
No, you can't run the dungeon regardless if they're not geared as well. Your not making anyone weaker. Your just making one character progress faster. IT's just way faster and way more efficient to hunt anything token related on heroes.

So im assuming you're stating someone will use the hero system just to gear up one char? If someone is willing to dump that much money to gear one character up, i would say sure go ahead do it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807607  Replies : 52  Views : 1411
posté December 11, 2014, 16:07:06 | #6

Quote (Heartyace @ 11 December 2014 15:56) *
It is because you get the first relic become stronger and then get the second one. But besides the point of that. Multiboxing is redundant at that point and running a billion dungeons is not as fun as practicing and wiping to beat one dungeon 3-4 times for an equip.

But those alt's will have to be geared for that dungeon too, and by getting that relic/focusing soley on one char aren't you making the rest of your heroic alts weaker, and once again they have to have to gear to run the dungeons, you make it sound like a peice of cake... It's the same struggles for a multi accounter but less CPU intesive.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807598  Replies : 52  Views : 1411
posté December 11, 2014, 15:49:55 | #7

Quote (Heartyace @ 11 December 2014 15:33) *
Account vault can store account locked fragments, so it's roughly 3x faster than hunting multiboxing. unless your doing unlinked. Lets be honest, there's no reason to do that. I only make both because I sell the other one.

It's faster to obtain a single relic, how is it faster to obtain all 3? It would take the same amount of time. You need to run the same amount of dungeons to get all 3 relics as you would with a normal multibox accounts. Once again, it speeds up the process of obtaining a single relic, but not the relic for all 3 chars, it would take the same amount of time.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807576  Replies : 52  Views : 1411
posté December 11, 2014, 15:26:32 | #8

Quote (Asriah @ 11 December 2014 15:01) *
Sure, if you are farming the same relic for three characters. It will feel the same. But only having to run Wa 20 times for one relic, then Blackspore 20 times for another relic? (not actual 20 times, just an example)

Will all the chars be geared and capable of doing these dungeons? Those multiple runs for that relic would add up to the same amount 3 chars on different accounts would need to run to get a relic, you don't obtain the relics faster overall, you simply speed up the process of obtaining one. Honestly capability of doing the dungeon is going to be a huge factor, and then even so you are going to want the gear for your heroic alts as well.

Quote (Agosta @ 11 December 2014 15:19) *
And this is where you're wrong again devs. Last major patch you reduce the time it takes to gain items making it more accessible for players to be on the same level, which was FUCKING GREAT. On top of that, you introduce organized PvP, which, when properly balanced, is ACTUAL FUN REPLAYABILITY.

You know what's not fun? Running the same fucking dungeon a million times to get one piece of gear. You guys talk about how goddamn difficult these dungeons are supposed to be, and even harder on hardcore, and it's designed for the top .1% of players. Maybe soon you'll wake up and realize that the more you fuck over your playerbase the less likely they'll give you money.

We're only at level 170. Stop with this over-the-top exclusivity crap. If you want to make us run for 60 hours per level 200 equipment, that's a TINY BIT more understandable, but setting this standard in midgame is bullshit. I don't want to hear people saying "oh but this is end game RIGHT NOW" because just like always Ankama will just realize they made a mistake and change it again later like they always do.

If you had jumped on beta and tried the boss out, you would of realized its hard in terms of mechanics. Sure you need end game gear to fight these bosses, as it should be, but the "hard" part of these fights is the sheer mechanical finesse you would need over various different aspects of combat. And honestly, shouldn't end game gear be hard to obtain? And why are you blindly focused on token items, there is a chance the item may drop, albeit a low chance but that's because its a damn EPIC item. You can only wear one of these and it should be hard to obtain.

The level of gear you need to reach the be able to do the new content is not hard at all, the reason its for the top 5% or so, .1% is an exaggeration, is that it requires you to think a lot during the fight and plan the fight before going in, its not a simple wam bam thank you mam. Also this is not "midgame" this is current endgame, and as such should be treated as such.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807553  Replies : 52  Views : 1411
posté December 11, 2014, 14:55:39 | #9

Quote (picklesaregood @ 11 December 2014 14:46) *
people seem to be forgetting that you can get relics 3x faster with hero system by combining and ps, 50% threads complaining about unobtainable relics is so pre-sept

nowadays everyone has a relic, if you dont then you must not play this game

1- I believe this is an invalid argument, you can get it faster for one char yes but you're going to need to get it for all 3 chars, or if they are throw away character you use just to farm relics, you need to gear them to be able to run the dungeons and pay for sub or ogrine, since the payment system isn't confirmed

2-Everyone has a relic now because of the changes implemented, which made the game better in my opinion, and this is a perfectly reasonable and justifiable change, epics should be hard to obtain, they are epic items, a piece of gear you should be wearing for a long time.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807537  Replies : 52  Views : 1411
posté December 11, 2014, 14:31:06 | #10

Quote (Asriah @ 11 December 2014 13:28) *

Except Heroes system does make it easier than multi-clienting. It makes everything easier. Farming linked relics, farming epics, farming legendaries. They are simplifying a process with the idea that they are going to make more money off of it.

As for your choices? I would have preferred option 3. Which was to make sure the system was balanced in the first place. I think its unprofessional for a company to ask what does or does not make sense after they make a mistake and go with it anyways.

But I said whatever, because I'll go along with it anyways. I just wanted to point out how silly this all sounds.

Sorry what, how does the hero system make it easier? Mango explained that the tokens will go to their respective characters and not to the main. That's exactly the same as multi-clienting. They are not simplifying a process to make money off of it, they are doing it because before the current version of the game 50% of the threads were people whining about how they can never obtain a relic, or how hard x or y was to drop. They are doing it for you, the player you self entitled child.

And what, get everything perfect the first time? With a small development team pumping out content all the time. Oh but WoW or no other MMO or game in the history of the world of this universe has ever had a bug or a problem with game play that were not fixed before release, right? Nor any balancing issues as well.

In all rights ankama doesn't have to justify squat to you, but they are because they do care about the player base and are trying to make it a better game, i'll see you in the next thread you cry in kiddo.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #807509  Replies : 52  Views : 1411
posté December 10, 2014, 14:45:00 | #11

Quote (Neneko88 @ 10 December 2014 09:04) *
Can you increase drop % on everything and lower tokens cost?
Or ankama's math doesn't have balance and just changes one thing without changing the other?

The higher the level of gear the lower the chance to obtain it should be right?

Or am i missing something here?

This post has been edited by AdmiralWhiskey - December 10, 2014, 14:45:16.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #806986  Replies : 6  Views : 535
posté December 09, 2014, 15:10:34 | #12

Quote (IceeeeeD @ 09 December 2014 13:45) *
I would like to add just one thing. According to the thread below this one, some players said that the Aging damage with ap removal is not enough to worth leveling.

Click here

So, if you like, you can add Underhand for example. It`s a good way to deal air damage when target is not on dial cells. Beside that, t`s a great weapon in PvP, since you can push enemies away.

I would 100% agree if this was a pvm build, but he asked for a pvp build. In a pvp build the aging proc from AP removal maximizes use from all your AP, efficient usage and extra damage. Other than that you are 100% right though ^^

Not to mention you are playing with the intention of removing AP, in order to disrupt their combos

This post has been edited by AdmiralWhiskey - December 09, 2014, 16:06:08.
Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #806551  Replies : 6  Views : 405
posté December 09, 2014, 13:36:44 | #13
Im going to have to agree there, xelors aren't that great in pvp but you do have some stuff available to you to make it easier. If you are going to go pvp based i would suggest going air/water, putting a focus on water and gearing up with the basis of resists/health.

You would want to use Xelors sandglass/ Frost bite/ Sinstro in the water branch and Aging/Xelor punishment in the air branch. Using your leveled sinstros in the fight will be mandatory, allowing you to block enemies paths off while having a constant damage dealing mechanism.

When you need nuke damage xelors punishment is the way to go, other wise rely on your ap remove to limit the enemies damage, and on tock turns cast aging+ap removal in order to maximize damage output while removing hyperaction from the enemies (gives them resist to AP loss)

Now if you have money to spend/time to invest a tri xelor is the way to go. You would drop xelors sandlgass from the water branch and instead pick up Hand and temporal burn from the fire branch. You would follow the same concept as before in terms of tactics but if you really need high dpt on tick turns to augment your ap removal, aging hand is your go to buddy.

Hope this helps ^^

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #806518  Replies : 6  Views : 405
posté December 07, 2014, 14:42:39 | #14
The xelor support line Hey my name's whiskeyjacks and i play a level 160 xelor. Seeing as there is currently a lack of guides for xelors i decided to make this thread in order to answer questions anyone may have about xelors, so just ask a question and i will do my best to help you ^^

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #805686  Replies : 6  Views : 405
posté December 06, 2014, 13:49:44 | #15
If that guide doesn't answer all your questions this video will help aswell

Click here

alternatively just tell me what type of feca you want to play and i will try and help out

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #805335  Replies : 2  Views : 740
posté December 05, 2014, 01:26:23 | #16
Contentiously asked to be leeched, and if people refuse call them mean and go into a hissy fit.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #804848  Replies : 48  Views : 2013
posté December 04, 2014, 13:33:54 | #17
WTS Onist Cloak Message whiskeyjacks in game or ankabox me, price discussed then {3

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #804647  Replies : 0  Views : 66
posté November 30, 2014, 04:24:26 | #18

Quote (Lukinerx @ 27 November 2014 18:51) *

New meta incoming:

2x EMOtropes, 2x Srams, 2xPandawas. You can kick one character and add water Enu for dem loots

all other classes needs to wait for rework half year/year/year and half/2 years/new Wakfu game so they can be as strong as those mentioned classes :^)

Ankama balancing system in a nutshell
This is complete and utterly false. I feel like you're just spewing out words without even thinking about them first. If you played the game anyway it was supposed to be played you would know that teams would need other classes to provide other forms of utility/support/damage in several different encounters, so please don't make such outrageous assumptions.

Now moving onto the actual subject, having partied with an eliotrope to attempt hardcore vortrax i have to say, they're pretty underwhelming. Sure there portals give infinite range but in order to jump from one to the other over a distance of 5 will incur heavy penalties, not to mention in order to hit enemies with spells through portal they have to be linear. The damage was quite underwhelming as well, maybe the beta just bugged out too much but there wasn't many instance where the damage wowed me.

They're a super niche class in my opinion, they will be very useful in certain encounters and have no use in other encounters what so ever, i have played around with one enough to be 100% behind this statement though. To all the people whining in the thread about elio's being OP, they really aren't, overall they're a pretty well though out class with some very interesting and cool mechanics which will breathe a ton of new strats/tactics into the game

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #802808  Replies : 205  Views : 9519
posté November 28, 2014, 17:32:44 | #19
This inst an example of out damaging, its out tanking. The feca played absoultley horribly but he basically just armored up and took the hits, right now the only 2 specs that are able to kill feca are air sadi and fire sram with bled dry.

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #802233  Replies : 11  Views : 824
posté November 27, 2014, 20:42:46 | #20
That so called 4k hp punishment your talking about is reduced to like a 500 or less hit by me. Steam glyph+crashing wave+feca shield= you will never get past my shields and hit like a baby swinging a daisy

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #801721  Replies : 8  Views : 953