Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

tashlol's profile
Statistics
530 Posts (0.78 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 05:49:33 | #1
I'm not the most knowledgeable person about PvP but here goes.

1) I give it a 4. I feel solo PvP is very unbalanced and particular classes have a very big advantage over others. I feel that when people are of the same level and similarly geared, that victory doesn't come down to tactics (mostly) but which class hits hardest. Clunky way to put it I know.

2) Probably around a 5ish. I do think teams equal out a lot of imbalances that you can't in single combat at the moment. I do still feel that people rely heavily on very similar class compositions though and not necessary for tactics, but just for damage and heals. This may be a personal choice but I see it outshining those who choose their teams tactfully.

3) Uh I guess? Like theres been very mild class changes but almost zero light has been shed on why class changes are made. I think class changes should happen in bigger batches rather than the tiny bits and pieces that it has been happening in, and I also think it should be shared when changes are made to balance PvP.

4) I think the change was neutral. I think it puts a big light on the fact that sustain classes, like sacrier, feca, fogger, etc have a large advantage because of their bruiser-like builds than other classes.

5) Well Phaeris PvP is a bit eh. It happens but due to a dip in population it just seems its the same 10 or so 160s bashing each other over the head. Sometimes people try to organise team fights but as its very casual, egos usually get in the way and ruin the fun for everyone. That being said, the Corvun event at the moment is fantastic. I do wish more people participated but hopefully this will spike some interest. I've already noticed a few new flags because of it.

6) I'm not a big PvP fan no. I think lack of reward is a big issue for me. I also think that the fact my PvM build doesn't flow well with PvP is an issue. I can't really change specs (I wish) or anything so I'm stuck with spells that don't do much beyond damage in PvP and I don't like that a whole lot.

7) Yes I would, but I'd be hesitant at the current state of PvP.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #801520  Replies : 12  Views : 322
posté November 25, 2014, 09:52:20 | #2

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 25 November 2014 07:57) *
yay...
At this point, I'd rather spend money on a server transfer.
I'm honestly surprised you stuck it out this long.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800769  Replies : 105  Views : 2451
posté November 24, 2014, 22:19:14 | #3
I'd rather server transfer.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800569  Replies : 100  Views : 1762
posté November 24, 2014, 22:15:54 | #4

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 24 November 2014 21:12) *
well if no one was buying them, and many people were vocal against them, then they would be deemed a failure for sure.

all the voices would be in sync.
Yeah see you'd think that but for some inconceivable reason, that ain't the case. I can't wrap my head around why they are continuing to do this when its not working. Its just not.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800566  Replies : 105  Views : 2451
posté November 24, 2014, 05:43:36 | #5

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 24 November 2014 05:35) *

Quote (tashlol @ 24 November 2014 05:34) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 24 November 2014 05:26) *
It took me 3 pages of ignoring the thread to mention it so that says something
That your lack of self control in regards to making sure everyone knows your right eventually gets the better of you anyway? I think most people could guess that by now.
I'm sensing some hostility in your posts tash

remember to always be kind and polite to others~
If I'm not then I expect to be moderated. Its a choice to comply friend, remember that

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800289  Replies : 105  Views : 2451
posté November 24, 2014, 05:34:03 | #6

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 24 November 2014 05:26) *
It took me 3 pages of ignoring the thread to mention it so that says something
That your lack of self control in regards to making sure everyone knows your right eventually gets the better of you anyway? I think most people could guess that by now.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800285  Replies : 105  Views : 2451
posté November 24, 2014, 05:16:00 | #7

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 24 November 2014 05:13) *
Remember when I said phaeris was gonna become the way it is now and everyone who band wagon'd over there told me I was full of it and it would never be p2w?

Because I sure do
And you don't fail to mention it at every opportunity

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800280  Replies : 105  Views : 2451
posté November 24, 2014, 04:38:23 | #8

Quote (Gunnerwolfang @ 24 November 2014 00:41) *

Quote (tashlol @ 23 November 2014 23:26) *
I really don't think you understand us when we say 'no one is buying these things'.

@Gunnerwolfang:

Do you all even know what that means? You are all contradicting yourselves... If nobody buys them and nobody wants them, then what is the problem if Ankama puts them for sale?
It means that instead of releasing items we do want to purchase, they're releasing this crap. It also means that it entices the toxic people you mentioned in another post, into our community. This is not okay. Phaeris is the most constructive and helpful community I've ever come across. They're sweet and interacive (except 1 or two but thats to be expected). A cash shop that doesn't sell P2W items is 100% sustainable if done right, and what they are doing right now is not right.
Ankama is doing the right moves with what they have.

Ankama do not the number of playerbase to sustain a game in a F2P model... Yes there are MOBA games that sells F2P items in their cash shop and they can sustain those games simply because they have vast numbers of playerbase...

Unfortunately, Ankama do not have those numbers of playerbase to support their game with cheap novelty items. Wakfu/Dofus is not a mainstream MOBA game.

You say, you want Ankama to release items that you want, but what happens after you get what you want? Will you buy them again next month? You want a transparent costume, and Ankama give it to you, will you buy one transparent costume every month for the next 5 years? Maybe you want Ankama to add a new costume every month for the next 5 years? Will you buy all 60 costume so that Ankama will have sustainable income?
Is that an entirely unreasonable concept for you to grasp? Is it also unreasonable to think that people will buy multiple of this item so that F2Pers can also purchase it in game? This is the ins-and-out of the F2P model. The big spenders can spend big and sell items in-game to earn in-game currency to spend on items that will make them the best. This system benefits everyone and is fair and maintains a healthy and fun community. P2W does not. Why is INT not introducing rental costumes if you think this is the way all F2P games go? Hm? Phaeris is not the test server everyone makes it out to be so don't even try that excuse.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800271  Replies : 105  Views : 2451
posté November 23, 2014, 23:26:23 | #9
I really don't think you understand us when we say 'no one is buying these things'.

@Gunnerwolfang:

Do you all even know what that means? You are all contradicting yourselves... If nobody buys them and nobody wants them, then what is the problem if Ankama puts them for sale?
It means that instead of releasing items we do want to purchase, they're releasing this crap. It also means that it entices the toxic people you mentioned in another post, into our community. This is not okay. Phaeris is the most constructive and helpful community I've ever come across. They're sweet and interacive (except 1 or two but thats to be expected). A cash shop that doesn't sell P2W items is 100% sustainable if done right, and what they are doing right now is not right.

@Xander-is-Zander:

I think the main thing to point out is that if you HAVE to pay $10 here, and there to make it anywhere in a game, the game is not free.
I completely disagree. I know a lot, and I mean a lot, of players who haven't spent a cent in the cash shop and play the game just fine. Its not mandatory, but the mentality you're talking about is exactly why the F2P model is popular and successful. I dare say you've been suckered in my friend.

@Nox16:

I think something to keep in mind is that phaeris is still a very young server. Like they could put stuff out like this for the older servers but its not like there isnt better things that we cant get.
What I think you're trying to do/say is excusing the behaviour as testing the waters. I'd agree if you'd said this after the first rental costume. Then 2 more came. Then 1 with stats. Then booster packs that gave you rental costumes with stats, two of them (to make it look like they're selling better I dare say). Then 2 mystery boxes that gave you seal crafted armour and weapons. Then another rental with stats.This has been going on since October 22nd and I honestly don't feel this will stop. I was part of a group that collected feedback via focus groups in-game. Out of everyone, I didn't hear a single person like the concept of rentals (at the very least without permanents). This may be a young server, but the people running the shop aren't 5 year olds (or so I hope).

This post has been edited by tashlol - November 23, 2014, 23:27:18.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800217  Replies : 105  Views : 2451
posté November 23, 2014, 08:33:43 | #10

Quote (Gunnerwolfang @ 23 November 2014 07:31) *
Like I said, 90% of you F2P player could cry all you want, but as long as the 10% wallet warriors buy the P2W items, you will all be crying in vain.

You can be idealistic and say that you are the majority, but it will still be the 10% of wallet warriors who are making the call...

Cash is stronger than words. Money talk is louder than mobs shouting.

Funny thing about the P2W model is, some of those who are joining the anti-P2W mobs are buying those P2W items behind their back... One hand holds a anti-P2W placard while the other hand is using his credit card... Why? Because they do not want to be admired for their cash purchase and is saying that he is a good player instead. So until nobody buys those P2W items, stop assuming that everybody hates the P2W model.
All it takes is for you to log in and see that no one is purchasing these items. Speculation is not the way to have a constructive conversation. Your points hold zero substance and I would strongly suggesting researching your own ideas before spouting them as fact. Kthx.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800039  Replies : 105  Views : 2451
posté November 23, 2014, 06:29:27 | #11
I 100% agree that the selling of the Infuntry Costume does nothing but invalidate the hard work our PvP players put into getting the orbs for it. This is a giant kick in the teeth and its absolutely ridiculous. I suggest putting in an exclusive PvP costume for players to earn that will not be purchasable with ogrines. Ankama have a habit of invalidating player's efforts, change that culture please.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800009  Replies : 7  Views : 384
posté November 23, 2014, 06:24:07 | #12

Quote (Gunnerwolfang @ 22 November 2014 19:05) *
I'm an asian gamer and just to give everyone, who do not know yet, an insight of the asian gaming culture....

Asian gamers love the P2W model.... Maybe not all asian gamers, but certainly the majority of serious asian gamers. I don't know why, but the P2W model is perfect for our culture of hardcore gamer owning the casual gamer...
I very much agree that there is a stereotypical culture in Asian gaming communities, especially the F2P scene, where P2W is popular and wanted. But to apply that to Phaeris is wrong. If you paid attention and did a little bit of research you'd realise a few things about APAC:
- The community as a whole hate this idea. This was evident on both the forums when the first rentals came out (even without stats). The outcry was bigger when they were given stats.To say its what Asian gamers want is great and all until you apply the idea to the context of Phaeris. Everything in context friend.
- The gaming community on Phaeris is very westernised (for lack of a better word), and I don't necessarily mean that as in the majority of the population are from non-asian countries (because thats dumb and totally not true). What I do mean with it however is that the opinions and stances the community over there holds on issues are atypical to what 'average' (I use the term loosely) Asian gaming communities want.
- What you term as hardcore gamer does not apply to Wakfu's casual turn based nature. There is very little room to be hardcore in Wakfu. I know plenty of casuals who have relics and fully runed, and I can definitely tell you that there is not a culture of hardcore players on Phaeris.

I urge you to look at context and apply your opinions to Phaeris rather than sweeping generalisations. No one on Phaeris wants this crap, thats evident on the forums, from the amount of people who left and also the lack of these items purchased in-game. Don't you even try to tell me otherwise, because you're flat out wrong.

This post has been edited by tashlol - November 23, 2014, 06:25:14.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800008  Replies : 105  Views : 2451
posté November 18, 2014, 07:50:43 | #13

Quote (eolsunder @ 18 November 2014 07:44) *
So really, why talk about it more when it won't be changed, and probably actually be changed worse in the future since they haven't changed it for the better ever since the game is out.
People complained for months for a Black Wabbit Costume and got it. Maybe if we kick up a collective fuss about an awful system we may have our voices heard too.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #797739  Replies : 13  Views : 486
posté November 18, 2014, 06:30:09 | #14

Quote (Chompers @ 18 November 2014 06:28) *

Quote (tashlol @ 18 November 2014 06:23) *

I specifically said that the PvP protect system is not good enough. It doesn't protect the player and it is removed immediately upon interaction with something. This needs to be addressed in any future iterations of the PvP system so that it does as it name says: protect. There needs to be deterrents for griefing behaviour and there isn't any.

That is a good thing otherwise people could grief your crops and such while being untouchable.
I'll just go ahead and quote myself since you quite obviously don't have the capability to scroll up:
"- A better PvP protect, that doesn't trigger if you interact with absolutely anything. As competitive as the world is I very much think that PvP protect shouldn't be removed with fighting normal mobs (enviro mobs and interacting with resources is different)." Source.

This post has been edited by tashlol - November 18, 2014, 06:30:47.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #797730  Replies : 13  Views : 486
posté November 18, 2014, 06:23:29 | #15

Quote (Chompers @ 18 November 2014 05:32) *

Quote (tashlol @ 18 November 2014 05:25) *

Quote (Chompers @ 18 November 2014 04:42) *
Welcome to open world pvp and like other games with it you can get griefed.

If they are camping a zone best to head to another one for a bit until they leave as it's part of the game.
Griefing is not part of the game. No one should be forcefully pushed from an area where they are doing things because of constant PKing that prevents them from playing the game. This is the mentality I was talking about in my previous post and all it does is give a space for this toxic behaviour to thrive.

Except it was a part of the game before the update and happened then although it wasn't as bad.

If they allow open pvp like then and now after it they know it will happen thus the timer where you cannot get attacked after being killed is in place and if a person sticks around these people while it runs out what do you expect?

Either remove yourself from the situation or get some backup to take the players out and while it is unfair just remember open world pvp usually is.

Taking over a zone is a tactic some games allow and no one is preventing you from playing the game but instead just hunting in one small area.
You're assume that I didn't think there was a problem with the PvP system before its most recent revamp: there was. I'm very well aware that Wakfu is an open-world-PvP game but what the issue here is that the system in place currently breeds griefers, and that there is no way to avoid this with the current system, nor is there any punishment.

I specifically said that the PvP protect system is not good enough. It doesn't protect the player and it is removed immediately upon interaction with something. This needs to be addressed in any future iterations of the PvP system so that it does as it name says: protect. There needs to be deterrents for griefing behaviour and there isn't any.

There should never be a time where you have to remove yourself from an entire island in order to play the game. The thing that struck me most with what you had to say is this: 'while it is unfair just remember open world pvp usually is". That doesn't mean its okay, and that doesn't mean we can't want better and share our suggestions. Just because this issue doesn't effect you and your gameplay doesn't mean that it doesn't effect others. When there is no reason to kill someone (ie: reward of orbs, merits, or territory) and the person is pursued (like the OP said) then that is behaviour we as players should call out and work together on bringing it to Ankama's attention. We want people to enjoy their time in this game with us, not feel threatened, upset and paranoid.

This post has been edited by tashlol - November 18, 2014, 06:28:59.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #797726  Replies : 13  Views : 486
posté November 18, 2014, 05:25:34 | #16

Quote (Chompers @ 18 November 2014 04:42) *
Welcome to open world pvp and like other games with it you can get griefed.

If they are camping a zone best to head to another one for a bit until they leave as it's part of the game.
Griefing is not part of the game. No one should be forcefully pushed from an area where they are doing things because of constant PKing that prevents them from playing the game. This is the mentality I was talking about in my previous post and all it does is give a space for this toxic behaviour to thrive.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #797704  Replies : 13  Views : 486
posté November 18, 2014, 02:15:41 | #17
I am a strong believer that the new PvP system is set in a way that encourages griefing (please note that I don't mean encourage in the sense that Ankama endorse it). Sure reporting is one way to deal with the issue, but thats something you do AFTER the abuse has occurred. There needs to be systems in place that stop it before it happens or while its still going on, and I believe this is what the OP is talking about too. The PvP system is not fair. The PvP protect you get is not fair. The dismissive nature of the community and lack of response on this issue is not fair. Griefers drive people away from the game and there shouldn't be a single inch of rope for them to move freely on.

Possible systems that could work could be:
- An active in-game moderation team that have the power to defuse the situation, either by warnings or temporary bans.
- A karma system that is triggered by how many non-flagged people someone kills and monitoring their behaviour.
- A better PvP protect, that doesn't trigger if you interact with absolutely anything. As competitive as the world is I very much think that PvP protect shouldn't be removed with fighting normal mobs (enviro mobs and interacting with resources is different).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #797654  Replies : 13  Views : 486
posté November 17, 2014, 12:13:02 | #18

Quote (Asthis @ 17 November 2014 09:01) *
I guess it's time you left and found something with a bit more serious and solid lore then. It doesn't sound like you appreciate the kind of humor and appeal that the French are used to, which includes lots of sexy fan service.

Also, you have to understand that France has difference standards than over here. In France, the legal age of consent is 15, but in the US, it's 18. The topic of sex is much more lax there (Paris, city of Love?), and the human form is praised as beautiful in art, so naturally you're going to see lots of sexy woman from French artists.
Did you literally just try to justify the sexualisation of children (even as fan service)? While I'm not surprised I still find it a bit surreal. As Major said, the anime is very heavily aimed at children. Its being aired on children's networks in Australia and and various Asian countries at the moment, and this is not by coincidence. This is a children's show, but the lore and game are aimed at a more mature audience. You can argue fan service in that regard but to do so for the anime is a bit sick.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #797527  Replies : 1441  Views : 47916
posté November 16, 2014, 08:06:58 | #19

Quote (Xander-is-Kander @ 16 November 2014 04:15) *

Quote (tashlol @ 16 November 2014 03:48) *
I completely agree. I think if you can trade in your drago turkey for another that'd be great. Instead of a quest similar to respec, it might be a fair trade off to only be allowed to trade in max level turkeys for level zero turkeys. This puts an artificial timer on the exchange (since for some reason Ankama love their artificial timers), but also mean that the trade off comes at a cost (that isn't an arm and a leg, or the player's sanity).
You can get a character on a different account to level 35, do the quest, and trade much sooner than you can get a dragoturkey to level 50. So your idea would actually be much harder than what we can already do.

A way to change dragoturkey stats is a good idea though. It just needs to be a good alternative to creating an alt and trading, you know?
At last check mounts weren't tradeable. The only way they could be considered tradeable is via account chest, and that requires premium (which is not a F2P option)  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #797137  Replies : 9  Views : 486
posté November 16, 2014, 03:48:54 | #20
I completely agree. I think if you can trade in your drago turkey for another that'd be great. Instead of a quest similar to respec, it might be a fair trade off to only be allowed to trade in max level turkeys for level zero turkeys. This puts an artificial timer on the exchange (since for some reason Ankama love their artificial timers), but also mean that the trade off comes at a cost (that isn't an arm and a leg, or the player's sanity).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #797099  Replies : 9  Views : 486