No flash

tashlol's profile
Statistics
506 Posts (0.77 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 18, 2014, 13:46:33 | #1

Quote (LowWide @ 18 October 2014 03:45) *

Quote (Reg3e @ 17 October 2014 07:15) *
Just a selfish opinion, I'm Asian and I don't like it. Why did I play Dofus/Wakfu? Because its different compared to typical generic Asian MMOrpg.
Ankama already stated it: They make rentable items on Asia server, because they catch on there more easily than here. Therefore, Asian players are more willing to buy them = like them more.
The most hilarious thing about your claim apart from being a total lie is the fact that the WAPAC community have said nothing but negative things about this system, and the lack of these costumes being used is very, very evident just by walking around. No one wants these on Phaeris and thats very apparent.

This post has been edited by [MOD]Itsade - October 19, 2014, 14:52:32.
Reason for edit : Removed a statement that caused issue.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788395  Replies : 36  Views : 1596
posté October 14, 2014, 16:24:17 | #2

Quote (Neneko88 @ 14 October 2014 15:54) *
Wow that's horrible......
Imagine if they added a really great costume and it's only available for 7-30 days?

I don't even see the option to just buy those Halloween costumes...
Thats because there isn't one. There is no permanent option with these rental costumes. So when you guys are running around in your non-timed, cheaper mercenary and ghoul costumes, think of us

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787351  Replies : 36  Views : 1596
posté September 20, 2014, 09:57:24 | #3
One of the APAC mods has this to say about the issue:

" Hi guys!

Sorry for the delayed replay, we're just catching up on the information ourselves. There are two different types of steam packs, one for INT and one for APAC. Currently if you are a non-oceanic player you will not have the option to buy an APAC steam pack. This will be changed in future, and is expected to be altered in the next week or two. For more information and the specific packs I'd suggest looking at this thread by Troyle " (source

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #778252  Replies : 8  Views : 289
posté September 20, 2014, 09:51:44 | #4

Quote (Mizu-Yuki @ 20 September 2014 09:26) *
I would love to like this game but I can't even get past the 2nd part of the tutorial. I would love to plant these seeds you want me to place but apparently there are too many critters around. "Kill them or move further away." They're not attackable and if I move away from where they are I can't place the seeds at all. I read through the forums a little bit and it seems like this game is chock-full of bugs. I understand it's still in early beta but if a new user can't even get past the tutorial then clearly you're doing something wrong. Surely you could program the animals to disappear after 30 seconds or so, so they don't overflow the area. Like I said, I would like to give this game a fair shake and try it out properly, but if I still can't pass the tutorial by tomorrow, chances are, it'll be un-installed never to be played again.
I know this issue is being looked into on APAC at the least. My suggestion would be to create a character and skip the tutorial. You learn the very very basics, such as how to balance an ecosystem, interact with plants and animals and also very basic combat mechanics. You shouldn't miss to much if you skip the tutorial zone. You'll end up in Astrub, which is just an extension of the tutorial zone but within the world and will just expand on what you would have learned.

Best of luck to you Mizu, and I hope this doesn't dissuade you from giving the game a proper try  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778250  Replies : 5  Views : 501
posté September 20, 2014, 09:47:16 | #5
Just a heads up: both APAC and INT are on Steam as of the 18th. They are currently region locked, which is why Solstice is having an issue linking their account. We expect a fix to this within the next 2 weeks, meaning you can choose to download the INT or APAC clients. But at the moment you'll just have to hold tight and wait it out  

Thread : News  Preview message : #778249  Replies : 73  Views : 3699
posté August 23, 2014, 03:11:23 | #6

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 22 August 2014 15:48) *

Quote (tashlol @ 22 August 2014 14:53) *

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 22 August 2014 02:50) *
Its too small.
The issue is because it counts as being inside a building due to the elevated ground. It has nothing to do with the size of the arena. I've seen maps that small before.
That was meant to be a joke. Its obvious that they didn't checked if it will be possible to fight in there or not. Its a bug and should be fixed. Asking why its like that well... is like asking why bugs exist.
There is never any harm in inquiring why something is the way it is. With the amount of little bits of information given out here and there on the forums I think it was a pretty reasonable question  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #765591  Replies : 12  Views : 409
posté August 22, 2014, 14:53:43 | #7

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 22 August 2014 02:50) *
Its too small.
The issue is because it counts as being inside a building due to the elevated ground. It has nothing to do with the size of the arena. I've seen maps that small before.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #765304  Replies : 12  Views : 409
posté August 18, 2014, 06:38:14 | #8
About time someone put all of these together! Have you considered putting these images in the Encyclopedia comment section for each? I'm sure that'd be really helpful for people in future  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #764030  Replies : 17  Views : 2177
posté August 17, 2014, 10:35:50 | #9
If I remember rightly, Trolol(etc) was a very loud advocate of the F2P system some months ago, being one of the few level 50's in Astrub with no subscription. Even before F2P hit these servers there were very low level people jumping in fights to leech XP. The issue here isn't necessarily that F2P encourages these kinds of behaviours (it can be argued that it does, but thats not the point I'm making), but the current leveling methods are so bland or time consuming that people feel the need to seek power-leveling. Instead of running our mouths at each other about who should and shouldn't post, wouldn't this be a good time to discuss possible ways to change the leveling system to be more engaging and rewarding?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #763782  Replies : 27  Views : 1101
posté June 24, 2014, 19:23:17 | #10

Quote (krowakot @ 24 June 2014 19:22) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 24 June 2014 19:11) *
I am so worried about this.

F2P people ruin stuff almost across the board. They haven't invested in the game, so what is to stop them from destroying the ecosystem at every turn, just so they can craft some low level junk they don't even need?

We are going to see so many botters.

Probably going to see drop rates lowered even more, when what we need is a buff to the rates.

Ugh. So hard not to be pessimistic.

I hope, at least, that you expand the Guild sizes to beyond 200 people, so we can make the most of our limited Haven Worlds.

I also really REALLY wish you'd shared, immediately, what will be done for current subscribers, and what similar options are available down the road for those who actually want to subscribe.

I also really wish you didn't force f2p on us. It is almost always a scourge. I am so so so worried about being forced to make micro-transactions. I am going to worry about this endlessly until I see information posted otherwise.

Please give us more info Sabi
I have a question about comments like this. What makes you assume, that f2p players are some animals? That they will ruin the server, ecosystem, everything? That they're dumber than p2p players?

You know, just because someone doesn't want to pay subscription, doesn't mean he's retarded.
+1 Krow. I couldn't have said it better myself. Its such a big snobfest right now :/

Thread : News  Preview message : #748925  Replies : 303  Views : 16053
posté June 24, 2014, 19:12:31 | #11

Quote (Sabi @ 24 June 2014 19:00) *

Quote (tashlol @ 24 June 2014 18:12) *
The questions I have:
- If theres to be a Beta does that mean we'll be able to opt-in for the change or is Beta just a technical term? Is there a big reason or point to the term being used?
- The idea of a Beta phase might lead me to ask if there'll be server wipes?
- What servers will be making the change?
- Will we be using the same client version as WAPAC?
- Will there be server merges along with this? Or the introduction of new servers?
- Will we be getting a premium service similar to WAPAC? Will it just be a carbon copy of WAPAC?

My advice for the cashshop: get Snoofles while you still can!

*Cracks knuckles*

Thank you for those questions Tashlol.

The reference to Beta is only a technical term here to show the start of a new beginning for WAKFU's International community. There will be no server wipe. All communities expect the FR community will be making the switch to the new model.

Our game client version will continue to be the same client version than FR as the WAPAC version is specific to their region.

As far as a premium service, or information on the Boutique it will be soon revealed to the community once confirmed.

Thank you kindly! You can uncrack your knuckles now  

Thread : News  Preview message : #748918  Replies : 303  Views : 16053
posté June 24, 2014, 18:59:02 | #12

Quote (Sargent-Wiggest @ 24 June 2014 18:55) *
This won't end well... Dofus is p2p and just look at the amount of Bots. Just get ready
Then whats stopping them from botting on P2P Wakfu now? I don't understand the logic here.

Thread : News  Preview message : #748906  Replies : 303  Views : 16053
posté June 24, 2014, 18:27:55 | #13

Quote (Neneko88 @ 24 June 2014 18:26) *

Quote (tashlol @ 24 June 2014 18:22) *

Quote (Neneko88 @ 24 June 2014 18:19) *

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 24 June 2014 17:39) *
Im assuming this is to stop people from saying "As a customer..." : /

I'd just like to mention though, there is a difference between f2p and p2w. Hopefully they can maintain the balance on a cosmetic market.
Also, you may want to consider stocking up on costumes and such, it's likely the change to f2p will increase the prices of cosmetics (see wapac)

I think most people who wanted f2p jumped ship to wapac anyway, so the ones left on remington seem to be mostly against a f2p server. I think instead of removing subscription, they should get out that server change feature.
If we look at this logically for a second we can see that Wakfu servers are divided into regions. If Wakfu APAC was truly destined to be the only F2P server then it wouldn't have been named specifically for its region. This has been a long time coming, not just a spare of the moment thing. They didn't just release new cash shop items so frequently in the last couple months on INT for no reason at all.

The WAPAC test was obviously proved successful, both in population and cash viability. I have high hopes of this F2P change increasing the player base for Wakfu again and I also think it leads the way for some very needed advertising. As an active player on WAPAC I can say the bots are see are dealt with very quickly, especially with that 'Contact a Moderator' button put in. Multi-accounting isn't so much of an issue and in fact I see way more multi accounters on INT than WAPAC. I do think these reasons for not being F2P are a bit snobby. My concern is though, the lack of in-game moderator presence and the awful time with Support.

The questions I have:
- If theres to be a Beta does that mean we'll be able to opt-in for the change or is Beta just a technical term? Is there a big reason or point to the term being used?
- Will there be server merges along with this? Or the introduction of new servers?
- Will we be getting a premium service similar to WAPAC? Will it just be a carbon copy of WAPAC?

you think they will make any money in North America this way? People won't buy anything and when they see that they will just start adding stuff like +30% damage foods and etc. I could even see more maka weapons (higher level)
I think so many people bought the Dynast costumes, the new furnitures, the new pets and the new Spring/Love costumes that your assumption is completely and utterly invalid.
I can claim that a lot of people play sadida and everyone will believe me too
Sadida's are one of the most popular classes on WAPAC actually. So I think you're just proving your own opinions wrong hahah. The fact of the matter is we have literally no proof for our claims. They are purely anecdotal. So I think we should agree to disagree on this

Thread : News  Preview message : #748884  Replies : 303  Views : 16053
posté June 24, 2014, 18:22:15 | #14

Quote (Neneko88 @ 24 June 2014 18:19) *

I'd just like to mention though, there is a difference between f2p and p2w. Hopefully they can maintain the balance on a cosmetic market.
Also, you may want to consider stocking up on costumes and such, it's likely the change to f2p will increase the prices of cosmetics (see wapac)

I think most people who wanted f2p jumped ship to wapac anyway, so the ones left on remington seem to be mostly against a f2p server. I think instead of removing subscription, they should get out that server change feature.
If we look at this logically for a second we can see that Wakfu servers are divided into regions. If Wakfu APAC was truly destined to be the only F2P server then it wouldn't have been named specifically for its region. This has been a long time coming, not just a spare of the moment thing. They didn't just release new cash shop items so frequently in the last couple months on INT for no reason at all.

The WAPAC test was obviously proved successful, both in population and cash viability. I have high hopes of this F2P change increasing the player base for Wakfu again and I also think it leads the way for some very needed advertising. As an active player on WAPAC I can say the bots are see are dealt with very quickly, especially with that 'Contact a Moderator' button put in. Multi-accounting isn't so much of an issue and in fact I see way more multi accounters on INT than WAPAC. I do think these reasons for not being F2P are a bit snobby. My concern is though, the lack of in-game moderator presence and the awful time with Support.

The questions I have:

you think they will make any money in North America this way? People won't buy anything and when they see that they will just start adding stuff like +30% damage foods and etc. I could even see more maka weapons (higher level)
I think so many people bought the Dynast costumes, the new furnitures, the new pets and the new Spring/Love costumes that your assumption is completely and utterly invalid.

Thread : News  Preview message : #748881  Replies : 303  Views : 16053
posté June 24, 2014, 18:12:15 | #15

The questions I have:

Thread : News  Preview message : #748875  Replies : 303  Views : 16053
posté June 15, 2014, 03:14:41 | #16

Quote (Gynrei @ 13 June 2014 16:19) *

Quote (tashlol @ 13 June 2014 02:29) *
I find it very telling that people create this sense of elitism that 'well you can't get a relic then thats your fault', 'well you can't afford a sub then thats your fault' etc but as soon as someone doesn't get an Almoken because their country isn't participating in event then its guns blazing 'WHY CAN'T EVERYONE GET ONE'. To be frank, this isn't an event its just a pleasant bonus for those eligible. If you're going to take a stand about the disparity in countries then you should do it for things like the Silver Dynast promotion and how that left out SO MANY COUNTRIES! Oh wait, thats right, you guys were probably eligible for that promotion anyway so of course it doesn't matter if people are left out.

You've made some giant assumptions in your thinking here. No one in this thread has even mentioned relics or subscriptions. If you can't afford a sub or get a relic that's a completely separate issue and has absolutely nothing to do with the issues surrounding this 'event'. For example, the issues involved in getting a relic affects every single player on a server equally. Every single player on that same server can't enjoy this 'event'.

When you made your post it must have been directed at me as i was easily the first and most vocal about this event. I've never said any of the things you've associated with me. For the record, i have no relics either.

Regarding the limited edition and server specific costumes: Those are fair for everyone on that server. Yeah it sucks they are server specific but each server is treated fairly and any offer is available to everyone on that server. There is a big difference between playing favorites for each server and playing favorites between players on the same server.

Everyone playing Wakfu has accepted it is an online game with a boutique. The boutique will have items and specials you can either afford to buy or not. Again, each person has accepted this before playing. If you can't afford everything in the boutique and this bothers you... maybe this game isn't for you.

This World Cup event is a bad precedent. Thankfully it's only Almokens and a costume only a few will get. But you can't argue that everyone on the server has an equal chance to get those rewards. If your country is poor with a football you'll have little chance. If your country isn't even at the World Cup, you have no chance.

I'm letting Ankama know how bad this idea was so hopefully in the future they will find a way to have a 'World Cup' or another special event that everyone can enjoy. I think that is a very reasonable request. If you disagree... i think you're the one being elitist.

PS: I'm a massive football/soccer fan who supports Chelsea. I will miss you Frank Lampard^^
I'll also add in the other section of my comment as it directly ties in with the first and excluding it like you have is doing my opinion an injustice:
" In short: I think this is a really sweet bonus idea for getting into the spirit of things. I'd much prefer if Gobbowl was still alive so that they could hold tournaments there. Perhaps next time to sooth the whiners giving out a complimentary in-game Gobbowl item for everyone might be a good idea. Ah well another time "

Nothing I said in my comment was directly targeted at you, so I feel your defensive stance isn't particularly needed. I do apologise for the miscommunication and can see how it would appear like it was directed at you. For that I'm sorry. I saw comments before yours complaining about this, and many many after my response have been negative as well (as I assumed when posting). We disagree, thats fine. I have nothing new to add nor do I have a desire to try and convince anyone of my point of view. I would like you to know however that completely disregarding the bit where I offered an alternative where everyone could benefit was quite plainly showing that I think this event could be approached a lot better and give everyone at least a tangible item so that they can enjoy in the fun as well. You've jumped to a lot of conclusions, like my opinion on a cash Boutique, who (if anyone) this comment was directed at, and that my reference to the elitism on these forums was purely from this thread. My suggestion to you in future is to take your negative opinion and try to derive some suggestions on how to improve things like this in the future. Thats what I tried to do with my response, which is why I'm disappointed you neglected my second paragraph. Criticism is only constructive if you can derive ways of how to better something. I see a lot of people's criticism over and over and again and offering zero in regards of how to fix it. So my parting question to you Gynrei is: What would you do to make this event more satisfying and inclusive for the entire player base? Please note that removing it entirely or making the costume available in the shop are of course options.

Thread : News  Preview message : #744855  Replies : 73  Views : 2890
posté June 13, 2014, 02:35:31 | #17

Quote (Elithril @ 12 June 2014 16:28) *
As far as i know APAC is independent from the rest of the servers. So events on the non-chinese servers and events on the chinese servers are two different things from two different companies.
You complain at the wrong place Zhao.
WAPAC and the Chinese servers are completely different.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #744097  Replies : 5  Views : 414
posté June 13, 2014, 02:33:26 | #18
This emote and portal were removed, and the emote is now located somewhere else.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #744095  Replies : 9  Views : 1448
posté June 13, 2014, 02:31:20 | #19

Quote (Neneko88 @ 12 June 2014 23:39) *
This was Ankama's 2014 strategy if you didn't know
keep drop rates so low so that they could make wakfu f2p outside of france

around july-august they will make it f2p

then they will ask you to pay $10 for higher drop rates

but that also means bots, exp scrolls, ruined economy, etc
You've obviously never been mining in Remington if you think P2P is excluded from bots XD

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #744093  Replies : 99  Views : 5113
posté June 13, 2014, 02:29:19 | #20
I find it very telling that people create this sense of elitism that 'well you can't get a relic then thats your fault', 'well you can't afford a sub then thats your fault' etc but as soon as someone doesn't get an Almoken because their country isn't participating in event then its guns blazing 'WHY CAN'T EVERYONE GET ONE'. To be frank, this isn't an event its just a pleasant bonus for those eligible. If you're going to take a stand about the disparity in countries then you should do it for things like the Silver Dynast promotion and how that left out SO MANY COUNTRIES! Oh wait, thats right, you guys were probably eligible for that promotion anyway so of course it doesn't matter if people are left out.

In short: I think this is a really sweet bonus idea for getting into the spirit of things. I'd much prefer if Gobbowl was still alive so that they could hold tournaments there. Perhaps next time to sooth the whiners giving out a complimentary in-game Gobbowl item for everyone might be a good idea. Ah well another time

Thread : News  Preview message : #744091  Replies : 73  Views : 2890