Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

TheMightyShel...'s profile
Statistics
153 Posts (0.17 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté December 31, 2013, 23:28:15 | #1
In my opinion, I'd hold off on the panda/sacri until we see what the Panda and Feca reworks be. But I'd say 3 DPTs(one melee), two supports, and one tank would be best.

Thread : General  Preview message : #658535  Replies : 5  Views : 786
posté December 28, 2013, 21:46:54 | #2
  • Continue copying the good aspects of dofus.
  • create more reasons to nations and guilds to have conflict.
  • Make spells more interesting at higher levels, I think the fact that Assault changes so much as you level it up is cool
  • Make drop rates at higher levels better, not worse. The enemies already take forever to kill.
  • More gear diversity. Finding Water/Fire gear or Water/Earth gear is a huge pain.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #657407  Replies : 290  Views : 14450
posté December 27, 2013, 18:40:45 | #3
You complain about the nerfs now while you can, because after the rework it shall be far worse! Haha.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #657075  Replies : 3  Views : 441
posté December 27, 2013, 10:49:17 | #4
I don't have an issue with Black Wabbits or Mechas. My issue is with the really annoying mechanics that come from mobs like Lenalds and what not. The fights just get soooo long, especially when youre trying to run dungeons. Bilziba monsters aren't hard, but the mechanics associated with the fights makes running dancehall take 30 minutes to an hour longer than it should for a well prepared group.

The fights would feel more rewarding if the drop rates on items were better. Drop rates on items early in the game goes from 3% for really easy to kill, weak monsters down to .3% for some of the late game item drops. So they're making the fights far longer and the drop rates far worse, so farming late game gear solo is just an overall frustrating experience. Heck, I'd even be happy if more things were just craftable. For example - we can craft Gobball and Tofu set, a set which already isn't very difficult to drop set, but we can't craft any of the late game sets that are also dropped. I'd think putting more importance on crafting, and pulling some of the luck out of getting drops out of the game would make killing the long battles of end-game mobs just a little bit more rewarding because -- you'll be getting something out of it regardless.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #656941  Replies : 29  Views : 1355
posté December 24, 2013, 02:24:54 | #5
Nothing in the game is "pay-to-win", the items are fairly reasonably powered and Multimen can be easily purchased in game, and are weaker than real players.

Yes you can play the game sustainably with just one account. Most people who get more accounts just prefer it for the convenience of not having to fill groups, but a lot of that is remedied by multimen.

The game still has its grind, but its much more bearable now than it was a year ago.

I suggest getting into a guild, and working with them to find groups and activities -- it'll give you the best game experience with Wakfu.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #655819  Replies : 4  Views : 308
posté December 22, 2013, 21:40:28 | #6

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 22 December 2013 09:47) *
What is this?
An awesome show at 5th Bonta complete with drums, bass, trumpets, and the stray harps.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #655283  Replies : 6  Views : 460
posté December 21, 2013, 23:36:33 | #7
Wow 4ap for barrel. And no longer charges. What a weird change, going to make these really different.
Only one barrel hop per turn as well.

So the translation is really hard to make out, but it looks like allies will get health for hitting the barrel, and the panda and allies can get bonus damage or something from starting/ending turn next to barrel.

This post has been edited by TheMightyShell - December 21, 2013, 23:39:38.
Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #654981  Replies : 99  Views : 12008
posté December 21, 2013, 01:03:27 | #8
Grinding and even plevelling is much faster now than it was before. You have to double check the patch notes to see exactly how it works best, but in short. Fight in groups of 4-6. Fight mobs that are on average 10 levels higher than the character you wish to level. Fight groups bigger than the size of your group. Fight in dungeons for natural wisdom bonus and double challenges.

This has been one of the best changes in recent memory that I can recall, it's just people not knowing how they should be leveling or what groups they should be fighting that are having the most difficulty adjusting to the changes. I have gone from 1-100 in 7 days to 1-100 in 4 days since this patch.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #654681  Replies : 37  Views : 1709
posté December 19, 2013, 01:58:16 | #9
I'm going to be a little bit helpful and offer you some advice on where to level. I run a level 124 and a level 113 and bar far the best experience I have found has been all of the whisper dungeons. My personal favorite has been the Crisper due to its ease.

The best way to level in general now is either big groups, or dungeons. Dungeons are by far the go to place for levels due to being able to do two dungeons. Alternative to this make sure you collect the guild hunter's quests every day as now they give a ton of experience than they used to. Levelling is easier now, it's just more about knowing where you need to be rather than repeating the same mobs over and over.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #653975  Replies : 3  Views : 327
posté December 16, 2013, 21:54:35 | #10
The game just won't be financially sustainable as a free to play without being freemium in the process. I see no problem with the way the system works, subscriptions are cheap and you're getting a lot of content out of it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #653107  Replies : 24  Views : 2149
posté December 12, 2013, 21:37:46 | #11
All of the multimen are a slow burn. They start getting really good the higher levels you get them to. As for shadow, at level 100 he can use his ap buff and, with 10ap, cast shadowy explosion twice, or shadowy explosion + chainsx2. That's 288 or 352 base damage respectively. Or heck, if you really have to pile on the single target damage you can use chainsx2 then gruesome blade x 3 for 376 base damage. Compare this with a jabs x 5 which does 310 from an Iop. Sure you gotta use wakfu to get to that number, but since it's readily doable at 10 ap it's rather fantastic.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #651305  Replies : 4  Views : 536
posté December 12, 2013, 19:30:42 | #12
Hey everyone I just want to clarify the changes for experience and offer some suggestions for pleveling your friends.

With this hotfix your group level, the enemy group level and such no longer matter whatsoever. It's irrelevant. As well as your group's average level, the level of any individual player in your group, none of that matters anymore.

Exp gained is based off of Your Level vs the Average Level of the Monsters. Fighting monsters 10 levels above and 10 levels below is the most efficient way to grind from here on out. The experience gained at the end of the fight increases with having more people in your group(becoming most efficient with 4-6 people in the group) and being outnumbered(the more you are outnumbered by the better). Well, how do you grind your lowbies now, you may be asking.

Find a dungeon that gives wisdom and has enemies within 10 levels of the character you wish to plevel. Dungeons frequently have 6-10 enemies in each room, give an innate wisdom bonus, provide drops which help stimulate the economy and gear other players, offer two challenges which can be completed for more bonus wisdom and are far and away the most efficient way to spend your time if you wish to plevel characters.

Keep in mind, you want to bring at least 4-6 people in these dungeon runs and make sure the dungeons are within level of the lowbie. Use multimen if needed.

Having played with this method a bit I can tell you that this is the fastest way to level characters now, and is even faster than just taking a lowbie to polars due to the new way the experience works. The downside is that it is no longer efficient for the high level character to grind lowbies since they will get next to no experience -- they really have to be doing it out of the kindness of their heart.

-- As for the change in factor for easier and harder mobs, I have no idea what that could possibly mean -- but I assume it's going to give a slightly better experience coefficient for mobs like polars, or northern chafers or what have you. Given the insane difficulty of these fights already this would be my hope.

Anyway, here's a suggestion on dungeons to run with lowbies:
: Clan Dungeons til 10-15
: Larva Dungeon til 25
: Snapper/Blibli/Scara/Fields dungeon til 35
: Tsu Tsu palace until 45
: Royal Moogr/Puddly/etc until 55
: Treechnid dungeon until 65
: Drheller estate until 70
: LUNARRRRRRR until 80
: Undie until 90
: Brrrbli until 100

From here I'd continue to run dungeons purely for experience and drops and what not, but once you've hit 100 you should be pretty self-capable and able to play in all the high level games you want. I have been using this method and it has been very good to me, I'd like to see how this has worked for others. Thank you

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #651223  Replies : 26  Views : 3277
posté December 12, 2013, 16:53:42 | #13
No no, probably one of the multimen's weakest aspect is that their resistance is quite terrible. It's acceptable for Shadow/Lumino/Trank/Astrub night because they get some resistance in everything, but if any of the others are getting hit with an element that they aren't they are going to get destroyed. My multimen are level 80 now but one good turn from a whisper can kill them with 900dpt. It hurts.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #651143  Replies : 2  Views : 245
posté December 12, 2013, 15:27:43 | #14
The challenges are nothing more than a bonus. If the challenge is impossible for you to do I'd say don't let it wear on you too much since it's just one battle. I'll always tell my group when I think a challenge is do-able, but sometimes it's not. Such as don't use fire against polars or some of the UBs challenges, like Magmog not taking damage from the front. I'd say don't worry about them if you can't do them. They're just a little extra if you are willing or capable to work for it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #651113  Replies : 28  Views : 1553
posté December 12, 2013, 10:47:00 | #15
I demand all future hotfixes be renamed coldfiixes by suggestion of moonblade.

But really though, I suggest people take a breather. Hotfixes are part of every patch and this is nothing new. Sometimes game-breaking exploits or bugs come up and need to be addressed as soon as possible. These hotfixes are scheduled during the least busy time of the day for the servers to cut down on the impact faced by players.

I suggest to the people who take issue with the hotfixes to either get some sleep or give Krosmaster a try during the downtime, it's actually pretty enjoyable.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #651013  Replies : 11  Views : 477
posté December 12, 2013, 06:02:39 | #16

Quote (MoshPitt @ 12 December 2013 00:33) *
I'd probably say Initiative Set for level 120 for chromatic damage dealers.

It'll always attack with the element the mob is weakest against.

If you have kamas to throw around, just gear them to whatever you need them to take advantage mob weaknesses or to make up your parties weakness.
That's not how chromatic damage works, and in fact you suggested possibly the worst set for Lumino to use.

Chromatic works by taking the element of which you have stated the highest, so if your Lumino has 80% water, 20% earth, 50% air, and 5% fire then Lumino will attack with water damage regardless of the enemy.

As to why Initiative is a terrible item choice -- general damage does not work towards heals, Lumino with +150% general damage is not getting any boost to his heals whatsoever. My suggestion? Go water since it is the easiest gear to get that also includes +heal.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650827  Replies : 10  Views : 1058
posté December 11, 2013, 10:50:16 | #17
A definite improvement. Ive been seeing people levelling in long forgotten places -- Calamar, Whispers, Forfut, etc. where they never would before. It is an improvement to the game. It is still possible to plevel but its not as efficient. But now -- grinding in a group of similar levels is much easier than before. Fighting groups of 4-6 whispers is getting me about 1-2.5mil exp, which is a ton given the new curve. Overall I'm happy.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650373  Replies : 1  Views : 265
posté December 11, 2013, 00:47:58 | #18
I hope they don't get nerfed. If anything, I hope they get buffed. Their lack of resistances is brutal and it makes the damage they take from higher level enemies absurd.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #650089  Replies : 7  Views : 549
posté December 09, 2013, 06:33:28 | #19
Nox not really a ghost town, moreso the forums are just a bad place to get any information as to how the servers are like. The forums are just an echo chamber of negativity. Try playing around Astrub a bit during peak hours and make some friends to go kill stuff and run dungeons and y'know, game stuff.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #648545  Replies : 7  Views : 428
posté December 09, 2013, 06:16:53 | #20

Quote (Asthis @ 09 December 2013 05:42) *
No support team, increase in Ogrine prices, difficulty with payment systems, revamping systems that screw over the players, no advertising... gee I wonder why this game is dying.
Only ogrine prices increased were sub prices to normalize them with the real money sub costs. Not a single revamp comes to mind that was detrimental to Wakfu recently. And yeah, I wish Ankama had the resources to advertise more.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #648525  Replies : 16  Views : 1114