Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

exponentialra...'s profile
Statistics
Member Since : 2011-08-23
162 Posts (0.16 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté July 05, 2014, 14:14:11 | #1
That looks good, thanks for including me.


Thread : Crafting  Preview message : #751592  Replies : 17  Views : 1669
posté April 18, 2014, 14:32:26 | #2
Fire/water could be a good idea from dark hurl set onwards, at around level 80. Gear can be a pain between excarnas set and larduous/lenald set, and at max level. I don't have much experiance with fire/water but I'd imagine you would want flealine army along with some of the more defensive supports, depending on how supportive you like to play. I would just be guessing at what I would of personally picked for fire/water though.

For fire/earth your main options are moowolf set at lvl 93, sand set, magmog set, wabbit set and emiw set. If you got hold of a thork set this could start to work at around level 70, kraken set at 80ish would also work, however neither of these give an ap unfortunatly.

Tarot is a better choice to go for with fire/earth to get more out of you're earth spells, it's good for fire or fire/water but can feel more of a hindrance for those. Any mixture of paws off, black bow meow, double or quits and roll again is good. Cat tree is also very good if you enjoy PvP and is ok in PvM, my build is already a bit WP heavy so I didn't take it, but it's definitely worth it if you plan to PvP a lot.

Wrong account oops, keep forgetting that I wanted to stop using this terrible account name  


This post has been edited by exponentialrage - April 18, 2014, 14:36:59.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #717617  Replies : 12  Views : 2909
posté April 15, 2014, 22:45:54 | #3
Hoping they make eca ones, cra will do nicely for now though

They're from the fourth option on the gallery dropdown, it hasn't got any text on it though.


Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #716283  Replies : 59  Views : 1737
posté April 05, 2014, 01:27:00 | #4
Jumping Jacks working for anyone? Just got to the end of the temple and nobody in our group can jump over, we opened the jumping jacks treasure chest fine but cant leap over to the boss, or use them anywhere else. Anyone gotten them working yet?

The gap in the wall just before the boss jump has treasure by the way.

Edit: worked after relogging


This post has been edited by exponentialrage - April 05, 2014, 01:39:36.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #711651  Replies : 0  Views : 300
posté March 28, 2014, 00:53:36 | #5
Not been hit by any bugs yet, but I hope they sort it out soon. Not looking forward to continuing gathering wood in my HB, considering there wont be three cells of space to use anywhere, let alone nine.

Halloween cat candy is going to be so fun to troll ecoterrorists with now.


This post has been edited by exponentialrage - March 28, 2014, 01:05:32.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #707087  Replies : 4  Views : 444
posté March 27, 2014, 10:03:56 | #6
For Fire/Earth eca I definatly agree that D6 is better, it's more average damage for less mp and is a very good WS building option, especially with a black bow meow on bosses that let you build it up.


Quote
Given the discussion of battle/d6 occurring here.... if one were to have the option of two spells in the earth branch.... one of those would be all or nothing... what would the other be?

That depends on your other spells, Battle goes well with AoN as a close combat option, but it's heals don't seem that important if healing water spells are leveled. Heads or Tails is very good during god eca but isn't as good as Battle outside of it, it can work if you can fit in leaps to backstab position, craps or fleahoppers around it though.

All In has bad synergy with AoN, but would be a good option if AoN was just there to help with other branches, rather than to be mixed in with the other earth spell. Battle + Battle + AoN damage averages at similar damage to a 10AP All In, but is obviously limited to close combat.

Having two WP cost spells is fine as long as you use them carefully, it's better to end a fight with 0 or 1WP as long as they were well spent. Although Three Cards with AoN leaves you no options for earth damage in longer fights, so It's not that good a choice here. The ranges mismatching also makes it awkward to mix both together.

If I had to pick any two earth spells to tri with, I would probably pick 3C and HoT. Looking at the options Battle seems to be a good choice to take with AoN though, though everything has it's pros and cons.


This post has been edited by exponentialrage - March 27, 2014, 10:04:10.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #706399  Replies : 17  Views : 3231
posté March 11, 2014, 09:35:24 | #7
That's great to know, thanks, guess I'll give it another test on my sac and sadi when I'm back from work and see if anythings changed for them.


Thread : General  Preview message : #690869  Replies : 10  Views : 860
posté March 11, 2014, 09:03:08 | #8
I've tested this on sadi armour as well, the extra reflects were only taking place when red hp was lost, so it should be the same for all classes that can get shields.


Thread : General  Preview message : #690847  Replies : 10  Views : 860
posté March 10, 2014, 21:53:25 | #9
Very happy with those buffs to secondary healers, I'm looking forward to trying out out a few new hybrids now. Those are pretty big changes, will those classes get a respec? Also it's great that croquette is finally fixed, ecas just became a lot more viable as boss damagers.


Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #690605  Replies : 329  Views : 19608
posté March 10, 2014, 21:33:12 | #10
It's kinda starting to feel like they just said it to calm down the community anger at the time, without any intention of ever actually doing it, I guess I'll find out sooner or later.


Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #690581  Replies : 21  Views : 1042
posté March 05, 2014, 17:49:39 | #11
I'm no summoner, but that's one stupid nerf, nerfing pets at all is unneeded, particularly sub or boutique pets that people paid for.


Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #688265  Replies : 22  Views : 819
posté March 05, 2014, 17:27:40 | #12

Quote
Pet system Improvement
-1 crit and -3%dmg for a moofly is not an improvement, neither is -20% harvests for a snoofle or -15 ini for an angora, etc. I hope some pet values are rethought, they were not overpowered at all. I'd be interested in seeing what the yechtiwawa pet and milimoowolf are like now though, maybe it will just have to be a case of moving to rarer pets.

The heal change is really good, it will certainly help a lot with hybrid healers.

Any information on the drop revamp promised months ago? Any chance we can get our PP back until ankama have time to actually add that?


This post has been edited by exponentialrage - March 05, 2014, 17:33:51.
Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #688255  Replies : 329  Views : 19608
posté February 26, 2014, 09:25:46 | #13
I'd be interested in seeing what other ecas think as well, since despite being fire/earth, I find myself not using it very often in most fights. Easier fights often end before I get any effect from it and mobility and the ability to hit things is kind of needed. However it can make a big difference in the situations you mentioned, since an 80-100 WS eca is usually able to top other damage dealers.

For earth, it can sometimes be good to cast it instead of leap on a positive card, if you were already planning to buff and can get backstab anyway, I got the impression that it benefits fire more though.

Paws off or Bow Meow would depend on how defensive you are, in fights when using mainly water, paws off is clearly better. Level 5 of bow meow also works well for not having much spell point cost while still keeping +1 on a fire crit, this might be a good idea if you wanted some benefits from both.

I can't think of any other ways to get the most out of Bow Meow other than using it to get buffs from kittikazes, making agreements with a sadida to craps any nearly dead dolls, or using it as a LoS block.


Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #685259  Replies : 9  Views : 1497
posté January 29, 2014, 13:56:27 | #14
More items and sets need to be made craftable as an alternative to being dropped, so I hope that is considered when the new craft lists for each profession are made. Crafting isn't as important at the moment because most good gear is drop only, with some wabbit island and seal craft exceptions.

The contract system is great, previously there were very limited ways of ensuring you didn't get scammed, such as trading the materials directly for an existing version of the item. Having this method makes it safer for buyers and should hopefully make it much better for making money as a crafter.

The apprentice idea will be nice in the long run, it just annoys me that I'll have to start with basic apprentices on my lvl 100 professions. Anyone who's maxed will have to backtrack again, just like they had to with the guild and smithmagic revamps. I was ok afk crafting, but having it being done while I do other stuff is also pretty good, items like handles, kamas and bread need to not take too long though, or apprentices are going to be clogged up for days making anything in large quantities.

I'm eager to find out more about the changes to master seals and lvl 150 versions of seal crafts, now the lvl 100 versions are becoming outdated. I bet the quests will be just as grindy as getting the materials in the first place was, but I guess that's what makes them so good for their level in the first place.


Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #667881  Replies : 89  Views : 7733
posté January 06, 2014, 13:10:41 | #15
You will probably have more luck asking that in general discussion.


Quote (Sokoshouri @ 06 January 2014 08:35) *

Quote (hoornvlies @ 06 January 2014 07:33) *
I don't see how this belongs here :/. Are Ecaflips supposed to be the lead authority on Kissing or what?
Well if you look at the launcher you can see that one blushing ecaflip female. Clearly this is supporting evidence that yes, Ecaflips are the lead authorities on kissing.
Just beware the dreaded Rough Tounge


Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #661123  Replies : 7  Views : 1636
posté December 26, 2013, 17:50:41 | #16

Quote
What I'd really like is to see how the maths work for the stuff affecting the amounts harvested, along with the frequency of increased ores harvested.
It works as a multiplier to the existing rolls or 1, 2 or 3 that you would get without mining gear.

For example if you would of originally gotten 1 ore, with 145% mining harvests it would become 1 x (1 +145/100) = 2.45. The decimal part decides how much chance you have of it rounding up to 3 or staying as 2. In this case there would be 45% chance of getting a 3 or 55% chance of getting a 2.

If you would of originally gotten a 2, it becomes 2 x 2.45 = 4.9, giving 10% chance for a 4 or 90% chance for a 5. Getting a 3 would become 7.35, with 65% chance to give 7 or 35% chance to give 8.

Hope that made sense. Nice suggestion Rizarealm, would be nice to get two more vampradas instead of losing all that space to bum sacks.


Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #656757  Replies : 9  Views : 1131
posté December 18, 2013, 12:05:40 | #17
Very nice comparisons, thanks for those. Sap surplus could be compared to srams bloody ripoff or ecas fleahopper, since those are both attack + heal spells. Will be interesting to see how lumino compares to other healers.


Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #653773  Replies : 51  Views : 12546
posté December 17, 2013, 09:45:15 | #18
For those saying that earth doesn't need a base increase when other trees do, the only earth spells that have higher average base damage than fire spells are three cards and all or nothing. 2x d6 + 2x craps does more on average for 10ap than all in does. Battle is the only spell that could use a buff, it costs an mp and is still worse damage than D6 on average. Water could use a slight increase on spells other than fleahopper and up to scratch, but that's about it in my opinion.

Leap is good, 2ap for a 50% damage boost is ok in my opinion, especially if you can use it to get side or backstab over attacking the front like you would of had to if you stayed in close combat. Using bow meow or cat tree to block linear can also help a lot against some classes or enemies, in PvE i don't see having to leap occasionally as a big flaw though.

Winning streak is more powerful than any other build up state in the game, you can't just expect to get 200 fire% 50 crit, an ap and an mp, for free in every fight. In long fights it will usually be above 50 without even using bow meow, just from fire spells slowly adding up towards it. If you get a chance to stay still with a cat and steal some kills, it goes up pretty fast, against a lot of bosses I can reach and stay on 80+ ws fairly consistently if I don't have to move about a lot.

It's also worth noting that if you have a control and are near your black bow meow, kittikazes killing themselves will give you WS, also if your summoners agree to it you can also get WS for killing allied summons, although this is rarely worth it unless your preparing in advance for high damage turns against bosses that turn nasty under a certain amount of hp.


This post has been edited by exponentialrage - December 17, 2013, 09:50:19.
Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #653311  Replies : 39  Views : 7330
posté December 07, 2013, 15:38:23 | #19
Earth looks insanely good now, to the point where it almost makes me want to just replace my sac with one, at least I can change my sac to air or fire I guess. They might of made fire stronger, it's hard to tell, but taking away all the interesting glyph effects is a shame. Meteor glyph definitely did need that tweak against certain types of enemies, but they could of used other ways of preventing fecas soloing things they shouldn't of by using it, and having a meteor storm falling down was great, an iop said to a friend once, "wtf, is this an event?", because of it.

Anyone else feel like armors and glyphs get way too few charges? Seems very low if it's one charge per activation, if its one charge per turn then those make a lot more sense but I couldn't see anything saying that. A lower damage, two use fecastopheles glyph without the -mp isn't all that appealing, usually better to just reverse and spam spells at them with those numbers. I assume the consistent 15 damage per ap on everything will change once they factor in range and secondary effects of spells though.

I wonder if you can taunt and peace armor, that's six turns of basically a quadruple stun, I would be pretty surprised if that version of peace armor makes it through without some tweaks but it certainly looks fun as it currently is.

A very nice revamp, earth is amazing now but fire has been dumbed down too much in my opinion.


Thread : Feca  Preview message : #647755  Replies : 178  Views : 14929
posté November 30, 2013, 23:14:22 | #20
Very nice suggestions, the water spells are great and most the traps are rally nice, I feel hinder traps effect could be really hard to deal with for some enemies and classes however. Daunting face with srambush spells also sounds really good, definitely hope the revamp includes something like that.


Thread : Sram  Preview message : #644189  Replies : 18  Views : 1386