Genrou's profile
Statistics
46 Posts (0.15 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 23:33:19 | #1
Bump. Still looking for an ammy.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #755791  Replies : 3  Views : 106
posté July 18, 2014, 03:57:20 | #2
Well, there's a couple of questions you have to answer first before I could give you any assistance.

This guide is directed towards end game builds and mostly people who can readily access relics.

So looking through this guide might not be entirely be useful to you but I'd be happy to help with what i can. My questions are;

What level are you?

What is the AP build you have or can achieve?

Do you solo or group for exp?

Do you prefer fighting stronger enemies at longer periods of time or weaker enemies that requires less work but you can burn through easier?

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #754852  Replies : 15  Views : 1705
posté July 15, 2014, 08:52:00 | #3
My following items are:

Mushmantle +14
Solomonk +20
Srambad epps +6 (the craftable ones from srambad boss)
Wa amulet +6
Hagen +10
Rog +10
Wa waist +9 intiative
Woboots hp/hp/intiative (i forget how much)
Zwombbit Torso +6
Wa seal +14
Dragon pig's bandage +10

I still have some work with runes. For fire/earth your best bet is probably magmog until emiw/srambad gear.  

This post has been edited by Genrou - July 15, 2014, 08:57:35.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #754111  Replies : 15  Views : 1705
posté July 11, 2014, 23:13:30 | #4

Quote (Shanthea @ 11 July 2014 21:41) *
To be honest, hc-shroom dungeon is harder in my opinion.

If mango hasnt post it some sideinfos 4 Phase 2:

Boss gets +3 MP (=9) and in the end of his turn, all chars lose all of their MP if they are 5 fields too far away + every start of the turn you will loose 200 lp -> so better farm a lot of this orbs
the starting move of the boss goes also backwards

Haven't been able to even reach phase 2 of boss yet and he does this?

GG. How to win?

Edit: Wish everything wasn't in french so I could at least understand his buffs as opposed to eyeballing everything.

This post has been edited by Genrou - July 11, 2014, 23:14:59.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753269  Replies : 18  Views : 604
posté July 09, 2014, 12:17:34 | #5

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 09 July 2014 11:29) *

Quote (Genrou @ 08 July 2014 19:59) *
The trolling lives on and yet people keep feeding him.
It's not trolling just because you fail to understand him due to a language barrier.

Not understanding someone does not mean they are a troll. Zhaos english is not great and he means well he is expressing his concerns on the forum just like everyone else. You're the one whos being a troll by accusing him of being one and bullying him.

Oh, please. You think it's because I don't understand what he is saying so I'm automatically jumping to the conclusion that he's a troll?

You're wrong. I think he's a troll because I do understand what he is saying. He wants to complain about a token system destroying the game because the average player plays 16 hours a day, 7 days a week on 6 accounts while being able to run Wa in a miraculous 30 minutes, allowing them to achieve 300 tokens in the span of 22 days leading to 6 shiny relics without even trying.

Not trolling eh? I'm sorry, I didn't quite "get" what he was trying to say. The fact that I had to explain to you this is kind of pathetic. At least I can see who's feeding him now.

This post has been edited by Genrou - July 09, 2014, 13:26:23.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752429  Replies : 19  Views : 750
posté July 08, 2014, 19:59:15 | #6
The trolling lives on and yet people keep feeding him.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752231  Replies : 19  Views : 750
posté July 06, 2014, 11:19:48 | #7
You guys should probably stop feeding the troll.

Who in god's name plays 16 hours a day, 7 days a week?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #751735  Replies : 25  Views : 831
posté July 04, 2014, 21:39:09 | #8
Awesome! But, is there a way to calculate things that involve CMC damage? Like a rogue's bombs?

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #751494  Replies : 4  Views : 350
posté July 02, 2014, 04:11:29 | #9
No wonder why I felt like something was wrong with my rogue. I thought it was the recent nerf that made him terrible. Please fix asap ankama!

Thread : 1.34 Bug Reports  Preview message : #750865  Replies : 11  Views : 419
posté June 18, 2014, 17:37:43 | #10
I'm getting 103 in fire, 95 in air, and poop in earth.

Mind sharing your spell allocations?

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #746575  Replies : 15  Views : 1705
posté June 18, 2014, 08:13:11 | #11
PP lock in new area? Since encyclopedia isn't updated yet...

Can anyone confirm/deny if there's a pp lock to the new zone? I'm wondering if they're continuing the trend they started with Cactus/Spore.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746423  Replies : 1  Views : 201
posté June 16, 2014, 09:04:44 | #12
How do you tell? I recall only seeing the numbers in the respec room.

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #745267  Replies : 15  Views : 1705
posté June 16, 2014, 02:33:29 | #13
Thinking about it now. I don't think a 10 AP Tri element is superior to a a Duo element. In fact, now I'm thinking about it I don't think it is superior at all so I take back what i said earlier.

Here's the reason; you're not gaining any more base dmg from your spells as a tri element yet, you're actually losing dmg % from being forced to use gen damage gear (sage) who is not only inferior in dmg % but also any extra bonuses you might be losing out on. The only time its beneficial to go tri is when you can achieve the 12 AP build.

But yeah, currently I'm a 12 AP Air/Fire Cra who's waiting to go tri because sage gear just looks so ugh to me. My build is bad for two reasons: it doesnt have a mono air rotation so anything fire resistant then half of my rotation will take a dive in damage depending on how resistant they are. The second reason it's bad is well... no destructive arrow. As my math pointed out earlier, any other cra that can blow riddling stacks on a mob with 1-2 turns of riddling stacks will be on the same level as I am in terms of damage. Only when I go tri build will I be able to surpass 10 AP duo element cras in a prolonged fight. But any fight where a target only lives 1-2 turns, assuming they're not resistant to fire. I come out on top. I'm capable of getting some torm gear right now to put together a tri build but because of the update rolling around, I'm praying for some gen dmg gear like you are too. I"ll report back here if i find any, do the same for us too please!

This post has been edited by Genrou - June 16, 2014, 17:37:10.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #745143  Replies : 15  Views : 1705
posté June 15, 2014, 22:59:18 | #14

Quote (KHfan22 @ 15 June 2014 06:52) *
I suppose, and I don't doubt your math, Genrou. Everyone can do it if they know the formula.

However I think to find out the BEST cra build in terms of dishing out damage, you can't simply just think of: Base damage and AP total.

It's probably a big factor but I think Cras without the best spell rotation can still beat ones who do have the best spell rotation. This is all bringing out the damage and resist percentages.
Mono build has the best damage because they can freely get whatever gear they can get their hands on and (like what I do) dump all their points in one element. By going dual or even tri element you will significantly lose damage and gain resistance.

And then there are those who and just so bloody good at fighting and those who don't know what they are doing.

And I also want to turn our attention to crits.
As someone has told me, "Cras are practically given crits!" When we stat lets say 10 crits that reduces the damage percentage but possibly raises the base damage (considering that God Ecaflip is on our side)

Oh yeah I definitely get what you're saying. Yes, dmg % and resist are factors along with spell rotations and what not. Even if you're have the right spell rotation and a 12 ap build going but if you only have 300% damage and the target has 600% against that element then it doesnt really matter what spell rotation you have.

What the idea I originally proposed assumes you have the damage/gear already. Of course not all of us can reach a 12 ap build but that was the purpose of this thread. Because with the patch coming up the 10APers will be receiving a buff to their damage %. Will it be so much to outweigh the extra base damage we receive from a 12 AP? Idk, I need to finish my original post and do the math. And also, I think all DPTs stat Crit over damage. At the moment say you decided to stat str over crit.

You're looking at 58% earth damage vs 22 crit. Which would you rather have? And thats mono element, most people are usually duo element and that would be 42% in two elements vs 22 crit.

Like shions posted earlier, I believe her build is the highest possible DPT for a 10 ap build. It doesn't differ much from a duo element though, but it is slightly better. The problem with tri builds is that you have to sacrifice damage for gen dmg gear when usually there is gear with duo elements with better stats. So say you loss 20% damage from doing a tri build, but you also gain like 50% resist in that element + you increase your base damage by pulling in a better rotation due to better spell selection. The question is, is it worth it?

Skill will always be a big factor in determining how much damage you do. But this is thread assumes you know what you're doing as cra. I've been too lazy to complete my first post but my conclusion is that a tri element 12 ap cra is best dpt possible for a cra. The two drawbacks from that build is that its highest dpt rotation eats 4 MP and its a mix between air/fire. If you need that MP to move or if the target has high air/fire resist, you're basically boned. The best dpt rotation takes a serious dive, thus its generally best to have two mono element rotations to keep your damage rolling and consistent. There's a lot of things I think are still up in the air, that's why I came here to see if anyone could give their input or maybe a spell rotation they think is great that I haven't looked at.

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #745105  Replies : 15  Views : 1705
posté June 15, 2014, 01:40:35 | #15

Quote (KHfan22 @ 14 June 2014 22:05) *

Why? Storm has 7 range, Plague has 5. Meaning after you storm 2x (-2mp) you have to walk two tiles towards the enemy to use the remaining 4 ap for plague. Which is a huge no no, since after all you are cra. The bigger the gap between you and your enemy, the more damage you can dish out meanwhile avoiding damage. Meaning the synergy between plague and storm is not very great.It only works well if the enemy is within range of your plague so you can fire off plague, then storming and move back to create distance.
Although this is true, Powerful shooting does give damage boosts at greater distances, powerful shooting only requires 4 or 7 spaces away. I think you are looking at spells with no range boosts. If Plauging has 5 range then with passives that ALL Cras should get immediately, Plaguing will be well at 7 range which already applied 60% damage to that spell. True walking to your opponents will increase change that they will be able to grab you but I'm just clearing it out for you.

If you're looking for pure damage Usually the higher AP cost spells should be avoided. Because if you are to use Blazing and Blinding arrow, it has a greater base damage than double burning.

In my opinion (probably a little biased) I think Earth cras have the best damage output for cras. Piercing arrow has a nice base damage and rebounds to other enemies. Also destruct arrow can deal massive damage when you reach 100 riddled/reach. I usually see my riddled arrow deal 400-500 damage itself with an additional 1500-2000 damage when riddled is consumed.

My response isn't very mathy and technical I admit, but it's what I believe in after 3 years of watching Cras change. I will allow other veteran members of Cra's Range fill in the math since i know they are better in this stuff than i do. ^^

Skai
Friend-dubbed "Beastly" Pure Earth Cra =3

Hi Skai when I was talking about the ranges that was its base range. So if plague had a base of 5, meaning 7 with the Cra passive that leaves storm from a 7 to a 9. When I was talking about this I was referring to its synergy. I found my self super annoyed every time I would storm arrow a target, only to have to walk 2 tiles closer to it to use up my last 4 ap with a plague arrow. I still effective, just a bit of a hassle.

As for earth, I personally think earth is the strongest of all for a 10 ap build without a doubt. However, what about a 12 ap situation? I'll some quickie math.

10 ap

2x Riddling (55) + 2x Lashing (55) = 220 base damage + 22 Riddling

vs.

12ap

2x Blazing (77) + 2x Storm (70) = 294

So we're looking at a 74 damage gap. However, destructive arrow can blow those stacks at -4 hp at lvl 145 per stack which means its actually more like;

10 ap: 220 damage + 88 damage (22 riddling) = 308 damage.

Ding ding we have a winner.. sort of. This is assuming you get to use destructive arrow. So lets total it all up to make sure everything is in order.

Let's say we're attacking a target for four turns.

10ap :

220 x 3 = 880 damage with 88 riddling stacks
2x lashing (55) + destructive (77) + 280(74 riddling) = 1127 damage over the course of four turns.

12ap:

294 x 4 = 1,176 damage over the course of four turns.

And that's assuming we get to blow riddling. If we don't its a whole lot of damage that just went out the window. From my experience, that is usually the case. The only dungeon I've encountered where the dungeon room monsters don't die in 1-2 turns is HC spore and cactus. Thus, destructive is never able to be utilized to its full potential. For example without destructive your damage is only; 220 per turn. In other words, over the course of 4 turns you did damage. The 12 ap cra did an extra turn of damage compared to the same 4 you took.

You know whats even crazier? What if you were tri element cra and you could blow those riddling stacks while holding that 294 base damage? Your damage over the course of 4 turns would be: 1492 and per turn it would be: 372.

Crazy huh?

This post has been edited by Genrou - June 15, 2014, 03:42:51.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #744841  Replies : 15  Views : 1705
posté June 14, 2014, 19:34:34 | #16
Genrou's guide to being the best Cra you can be Alright so I'm a main 150 Cra, and as any other person who mains a class I try to be the best that I can be by squeezing as much damage as I can. This is not a guide for beginners from levels 1-120, so the things I may be talking about may be irrelevant to you.

First off, what is my definition of the best? Well simply put, the highest dpt a cra and dish out. Being able to maintain maximum distance from the enemy, and most importantly having a spell rotation for each branch to maximize your damage with low res to your elements. Let's go ahead and get this out there, for Cras to pump out the best damage you possibly can your spell rotation must include one of these spells that eat your MP, (Storming/Blazing/Lashing) so if your play style is more of a "kite and kill" monsters, usually more fitted towards the solo/small groups than this guide is not for you. If not, and you're the ones that sit in back without having the need to kite every turn then this guide is worth a looking at. I'll be discussing 10 AP builds, 12 AP builds, and duo/tri elements. I won't be talking about mono element cause I'm too lazy to talk about the pro-cons when we all already know. First, lets talk about each branch.

Storm Arrow - 3 AP 1 MP [3-6 Range + can technically hit 1/2 tiles further for a total of 7/8 range]

Spell level 145 - 70 Damage
Dmg per ap at 145: 23.3
Restriction: 2 per turn

My thoughts: Absolutely the best if not second best spell in the Cra's arsenal. The best 2nd dmg per ap AOE you have, but what I love about this spell is that it allows you to freely move a target 1-2 tiles without sacrificing any damage, providing Cra with great utility and it has the best range of all cra spells (sorry homing you don't count). This spell is the reason you take air cra, you will never see an air cra without this spell. However, despite this spell being amazing the rest of his brothers are not as hot.

as your only friend who does decent damage. Let's look at its specs.

Plague Arrow
- 4 AP [2 - 5 Range, no los required ]
Spell level 145 - 69 damage
Damage per ap: 17.25

As you can see the damage numbers is on par with your brother Storm so its almost as good as Storm right? No, not even close. Storm allows you to hit 4 tiles, storm can hit targets 3 tiles further than you, and lastly your ap for damage ratio is less than him. However, in return you get an arrow that requires no los It's ap for ratios is decent meaning, using this spell won't completely wreck your damage compared to something like homing arrow. Best in those situations where you cannot get LoS on and with storm's ability to curve shot enemies,this is the next best spell in air to pair up with storm since homing has awful dmg per ap and retreat I don't consider worth it with it's constant pushing and wakfu consumption. The biggest problem is it's 2 range shorter than storm so you have to plague first then storm, and walk away or else you risk walking too far away and being force to storm only.

So the typical 10 AP air cra rotation will be;

Storming, Storming, Plague for a total of 209 base damage. Not bad, about average.

Let's look at a 12 AP air cra rotation;

Storming, Storming, Plague, Homing (28 dmg at 145) for a total of 237 damage. This is assuming homing arrow is leveled up which is almost never the case. So in reality our homing arrow will probably be at lvl 20ish so your actual damage would be 214 total.

Ok so what have we learned? 12 AP Air Cras suck. They don't work on their own. In fact, 10 AP air cra works better but with one small problem and that's their range. Storm has 7 range, Plague has 5. Meaning after you storm 2x (-2mp) you have to walk two tiles towards the enemy to use the remaining 4 ap for plague. Which is a huge no no, since after all you are cra so you have to be sure to plague arrow first, then walk back and use storming. The bigger the gap between you and your enemy, the more damage you can dish out meanwhile avoiding damage. Meaning the synergy between plague and storm is only so so.

12 Ap air Cra does not work, yes you can take homing to 145 instead and use that 3x along with 2x storming but your total damage?

Storming (70) + Storming (70) + Homing (28) x 3 = 224 base damage. What does that mean? Homing is better paired up with storm for 12 AP builds assuming you choose to max 2 spells in the air tree. But 224 is nothing amazing for a 12 ap build, so lets look at other elements and see if we can pair our storming friend her with a better buddy?

Blazing Arrow - 3 AP 1 MP [ 2 - 6 Range ]
Spell level 145: 77
Damage per ap: 25

My thoughts: The second highest single target dmg per ap of all your spells. Not much to talk about the spell here, its pretty straight forward. Let's try to put together a rotation for fire for a 10 ap and 12p build.

Burning Arrow - 5 AP [ 2- 4 Range (can hit 2 tiles further bringing the total range to 6 but requires linear) ]
Spell level 145: 99
Damage per ap: 19.8
Burning damage: 37 dmg 40% of the time = an average of 14.8 extra damage.
Total damage per use: 113.8

Damage per ap including burning: 22.76.

Time for some debating. The spell alone is nothing amazing, but when you toss in the burning and its ability to aoe 3 tiles.We're looking at a spell as good as storming. However, lets take a look at burning description in game.

Burning inflicts Fire damage at the end of the target's turn.

Ok, that is bad. Things get confusing now. Yes, if the target survives till the end of their turn the extra damage will kick in. Which is horrid if you're trying to kill the target before it get its turn. So this spell is very iffy. Personally, I don't like it but what makes this spell good is that its 5 ap cost fits perfect in a 10 AP build. Blazing/Burning can't be mixed unless your'e utilizing a 11 AP cra build which I don't think very many exist so I won't delve into that.

So using 2x Burning we're left with a 226 base damage if burning kicks in. This actually beats air at 10 and 12 ap builds, assuming burning kicks in. Without burning we're looking at a base damage of 198 which is worse than air cra's rotations. Let's not forget that burning arrow requires you being linear. Which I think is definitely painful, but personally I've never played with this spell so I don't know how much trouble it is to get linear every time you want to do a full fire rotation.

And we have one more spell worth looking at in the fire tree;

Explosive Arrow - 6 AP [3-5 Range (1-2 tiles more because of aoe bringing the total to 6-7)]
Base damage at 145: 87
Damage per ap: 14.5 (so gross)
Explosion at 145: 37 damage @ 30% Proc rate = an average of 10.1 extra damage
Total damage per use: 97.1

Alright, so on paper this spell looks gross. Can't be used in a 10 AP fire rotation, only in 12. So we have 2x Explosive arrows for 194.2 total. Now this looks bad, but you can't forget aoes generally have lower damage since they're hitting multiple target. And unlike its brother burning arrow, explosion's extra damage procs at that moment instead of having to wait so no need to debate its effectiveness as much. So what makes this spell any good? Two things; its aoe and its ap cost. One of the biggest downfalls to Cra at the moment is all the restriction their spells have (Blazing 2x per target, storming 2x per turn, etc.). So Cra is forced to mix spells unlike other classes who can literally spam 1 or 2 spells.I personally believe, one of cra's greatest strengths, is their ability to aoe. To ignore that, makes you a bad cra in my opinion. I'm not saying you need to take explosive arrow, but if you don't have an aoe rotation in your cra, then you're missing out on a lot of damage.

Explosion its a decent spell; decent range, non-linear, hits 9 tiles at once, and best of all the magic number of 6 AP cost allowing different rotations. Do see what I'm getting at?

Storming (70) + Storming (70) + Expolosion (97) = 237 base damage for an aoe!

Finally, we're looking at good numbers now. If storming/explosion rotation hits a 2-3 targest the damage is absolutely amazing. However, that's a 12 AP build we're talking about, and we're talking about mixing 2 elements which can be detrimental because that increases the likelihood the target will be resistant to air or fire.

I'm sure most of us have forgotten about these things also;

Incandescent Beacon

Spell level 145 - 6 dmg per ap used on it

I'm sure a lot of us has forgotten about beacons. But what most people don't realize is they're literally free extra damage. If you're a cra, and you dont utilize beacons at all. You can leave this thread right now. This spell provides burning/explosion arrow with a free 30/36 damage per spell. Which is HUGE in my opinion for a free damage.

So we have;

Storming (70) + Storming (70) + Expolosion (97) + Beacon (36)= 273 base damage for an aoe!!!

The down fall with this? Beacons do not have extendable range. meaning if you want that extra 36 damage, you have to get close and like I mentioned before. Thats a no no. But still, we're looking at something that makes Cra shine and that is why im here.

No, i didn't forget.

Storming (70) + Storming (70) + Blazing (77) + Blazing (77) = wait for it... 294!!

That is our highest base damage single target rotation possible. The reason why you make a cra 12 ap.

Now, you could even go a step further and throw in this guy.

Windy beacon

Spell level 145 - 5 Damage per ap

Storming (70) + Storming (70) + Windy Beacon (30) + Blazing (77) + Blazing (77) = 324 base damage.

Yes, its beautiful. How viable is it? No idea, I've never used windy beacon for damage before so I don't know how much trouble that is. You guys will have to give me your input.

So what have we gathered so far? Here are the spell rotations for a Air/Fire cra build.

10 AP

2x Storming + Plague = 209 [All Air]

2x Storming + 2x Homing = 196 [Pure Air]

2x Burning = 198 without burning, 226 with burning [Pure Fire]

2x Blazing + Plague/Storming = 224 [Air/Fire mix]

12 AP

2x Storming + Plague + homing = 237 [Pure air]

2x Storming + 2x Blazing = 294 [Air/Fire mix]

2x Storming + Explosion = 237 [Air/fire Mix]

2x Blazing + Explosion = 251 [Pure fire]

That's not even including beacon damage. Imo, using windy beacon for dmg isnt really realistic cause of it's push. Idk if you do it all the time and never have trouble with the pushing, please do tell. Everyone's input is welcomed so we can put something together here. Incandescent however is much more viable imo. So technically, you could toss an extra 36 damage per aoe spell to any of the rotation.s.

Alright so its quite obvious, 12 AP builds have higher base damage. But with update around the corner, heres what it comes down to.

Is the 12 ap base damage high enough to make up for a 50-60% loss in damage compared to a 10 ap build? The answer is no, it is not worth it. I'll explain why further down.

Alright so let's talk about the earth tree now. Let's begin with;

Riddling Arrow - 3 AP
Base damage at 145: 55 + 4 (if you include the riddle)
Damage per ap: 18.3

This is spell is more useful than a lot of people think it is. For two reasons; doesn't eat MP, so it allows the cra to kite more easily while dishing out decent damage and secondly, no usage restriction. I wouldn't revolve this spell around a build but this spell is a great filler for when you have no mp or if you need to kite.

Lashing Arrow - 2 AP 1 MP
Base damage at 145: 55
Damage per ap: 27.5

Wowzors, would you look at that damage per ap. Its the highest we have seen yet. Almost all earth Cras will use this spell. Great damage for ap ratio, low ap cost, but once again, eats mp. Another terrible thing people dont realize about this spell is that its 2AP and 2 restrictions per target. Meaning to make this spell work with a 12 AP cra is impossible cause you will be left with 8 ap and if you have noticed most of cra's highest damage per ratio spells are odd numbered. Blazing and Storming are 3 AP cost, leaving you with 2 AP and the only other 2 AP spell is homing which is terrible and basically a waste of 2 AP. Lashing works well with Riddling but in duo elements its mandatory o take Destructive and usually Piercing. Leaving only one spell left to max and that's either Lashing or Riddling. If you skip piercing and take Lashing and Riddling then you sacrifice either destructive arrow (which I think is a terrible idea) or Piercing. Losing out on piercing means losing your aoe side of earth which imo is not worth it.

Piercing Arrow - 5 AP
Base damage at 145: 88, -20% per bounce
Damage per ap: 17.6 (single target for course)

One of my favorite spells, no mp cost and one of the best AoE spells available for a cra. Time for some math; it loses 17.6 damage per bounce. From my experiences normally it'll hit at least 3 targets so whats the total damage and ap for damage ratios?

88 + 70 + 52 = 210 / 5 = 45 damage per ap if you hit 3 targets Do it twice and you're at a total of 420.

Let's compare to the other aoe branches;

Explosive (97) + Blinding (63) = I'd say on average you can hit 2 targets consistently (being generous here) compared to Piercing's 3 so it totals up to be 320.

The only way fire can keep up with earth cra's in dpt is if they can hit the same amount of targets the earth cra can, and throwing a beacon on top of it. Only in that case will a fire cra surpass/keep up with a earth cra.

Let's look at storm;

2x Storming (70) + Plaguing (cause freaking air sucks and has no other aoes - 69) = We'll say 2 targets again so that totals up to 349 total. Hilarious, it still beats fire despite using 4 ap for a non aoe.

Piercing is definitely the king of aoes, the only way to stand against a 10 AP piercing cra is with;

2x Storming + Explosive (97) = Hitting two targets = 470 base damage.

Wow that combo beats the double piercing by 50 damage. The only way for a earth cra to outdo a Fire/Air Cra in AoE damage is by catching +1 target in their AoEs.

So he conclusion for Cra AoE is;

Storming + Explosion wins but if piercing can catch one more target in their AoE than storming/explosion; then piercing wins.

Onwards to our favorite earth spell;

Destructive arrow - 6 AP
Base damage at 145: 77 + 4 per riddling
Damage per ap: 12

Probably the most famous of all spells that make people go "wow". I did the numbers in one of my replies below so I'll just copy and paste.

10 ap

2x Riddling (55) + 2x Lashing (55) = 220 base damage + 22 Riddling

vs.

12ap

2x Blazing (77) + 2x Storm (70) = 294

So we're looking at a 74 damage gap. However, destructive arrow can blow those stacks at -4 hp at lvl 145 per stack which means its actually more like;

10 ap: 220 damage + 88 damage (22 riddling) = 308 damage.

Ding ding we have a winner.. sort of. This is assuming you get to use destructive arrow. So lets total it all up to make sure everything is in order.

Let's say we're attacking a target for four turns.

10ap :

220 x 3 = 880 damage with 88 riddling stacks
2x lashing (55) + destructive (77) + 280(74 riddling) = 1127 damage over the course of four turns.

12ap:

294 x 4 = 1,176 damage over the course of four turns.

And that's assuming we get to blow riddling. If we don't its a whole lot of damage that just went out the window. From my experience, that is usually the case. The only dungeon I've encountered where the dungeon room monsters don't die in 1-2 turns is HC spore and cactus. Thus, destructive is never able to be utilized to its full potential. For example without destructive your damage is only; 220 per turn. In other words, over the course of 4 turns you did damage. The 12 ap cra did an extra turn of damage compared to the same 4 you took.

You know whats even crazier? What if you were tri element cra and you could blow those riddling stacks while holding that 294 base damage? Your damage over the course of 4 turns would be: 1492 and per turn it would be: 372.

Alright so for all the people who just skipped to the end of my explanation here's what I've gathered so far.

If you are generally fighting targets where you are able to stack riddle to 40+ then a 10 AP {Earth / (Air/Fire)} build is more suited for you.

If targets are dying before you can execute Destructive arrow, then a 12 AP Air/Fire build is more suited for you.

As for AoEs; both are very simliar in terms of damage. It's truly a preference thing between Piercing Arrow vs Storming/Explosive/Blinding.

Tri builds at the moment, I don't believe is very feasible. Losing an upward to 70-100% damage from general damage gear is simply not worth it. The only argument I can make for a Tri build is it's ability to abuse every monster's weak element. That may make it worth it.

The best set up is without a doubt a 10 AP Nettlez Cra.

Here is the math for earth rotations for a 10 AP build (thank you shions14 for saving me some time);

10 AP Single Target:

2x Storm (70) + 2x Lashing (55) = 250 base damage + 80 (20 riddle) = 330
2x Blazing (77) + 2x Lashing (55) = 264 base damage + 80 (20 riddle) = 344

12 AP Single Target:

2x Storming (70)+ 2x Blazing (77) = 294 + 88 (22 riddle) = 382.
2x Storming (70) + 2x Riddling arrow (55) = 250 + 96 (24 riddle) = 346
2x Blazing (77) + 2x Riddling (55) = 264 + 96 (24 riddle) = 360.

475% dmg using a 250 base =1175
400% dmg using a 294 base = 1176

As you can see, a 10 AP cra with 75% dmg above a 12 AP can match a 12 AP's output, and if you include a 10 AP's destructive arrow then 12 AP gets blown away.

As for AoE spells; scroll up a bit to piercing arrow to see my explanation.

Now if reading all that mumbo jumbo you're probably wondering "well, which build are you?"

I am a 12 AP Air/Fire Cra. "But gen, you just said that if you can break 70%+ dmg you should do 10, is it because you can't?"

I can, so why did I choose 12 AP Air/Fire? I like the aoes fire and air bring to the table. You can always aoe a two targets as long as they are 3 or less tiles within each other. Well, piercing can do the same thing but better right? Somewhat true. Piercing has the ability to travel up to 9 tiles across the board if you do it correctly with beacons for bouncing but, as the bounces go the damages go lower. At my level and the content I am doing, it is crucial to be able to focus down targets asap. Piercing's damage is great but it spreads out so would you rather have 3 targets with 1/2 their hp or 3 targets one with 1/2 hp, another with 2/3 of their hp and the last with 4/5 of their hp? I prefer the first, and I also think hitting 4 targets constantly throughout a fight is unrealistic when its usually 1-2. In which case, air/fire does better than earth. But, my math also shows that if you're able to destructive arrow and maintain 70%+ dmg over a 12 AP then you should be a 10 AP right? Sort of, when you've reach my level of strength most targets die within 1-2 turns of focus fire. That isn't long enough for me to make destructive arrow worth it. My builds change constantly and I am finishing close to finishing a nettlez at the moment so I might go back to 10 AP build. It just pains me that nothing in this game (aside from boss) will generally live for more than 1-2 turns of focus fire (2-3 dpts attacking the same target). So it really takes away a lot power that the earth cra has. I continually change and alter my builds to adjust to what I am killing.

For example; I am currently doing mostly Srambad dungeon. Piercing arrow is really awful for srambad because of the bottle guys (stupid names still in french) cast walls that eat up your arrow bounces thus, ruining your AoEs while Air/Fire doesn't suffer from that. Throw on Sramvas who spin with every time you touch them so if you accidentally bounce your Piercing arrows onto one you'll end up killing your teammates. So why would I switch to a 10 AP only to reduce my damage since the particular mobs I am hunting will counter my build?

I personally don't believe there is a "best" cra build. All three branches are pretty balanced but, I believe there are definitely ways to improve your build. Another example; I had a friend who was Air/Earth who was using Storm/Plague/Homing/Piercing/Destructive. What was the problem? It was obviously homing, and not taking lashing. Once he changed his build his damage went substantially up. I'm sure homing had its uses but on a target that was non resistant to earth/air and he switched from plague/homing to lashing it was a big improvement. He basically increased his damage rotation by 15-25% overall by simply changing his rotations.

Here is my current gear:

Let's talk about tri builds for a bit.

Fire/Air = using Wa seal/Veil Soul Shadow/Zwombbit Torso

If I switch to tri I'll be forced to use: Sage Ring/SageBp/Sage Epps/ DP necklace

How much damage will I lose for going to tri? -22% for ring slot/ -9% BP slot/ -23% epps slot/ -11% neck = that totals to a -65% damage loss. Ouch. In return, I can use destructive arrow and I gain about 50% resist in earth. How often do I use destructive arrow? As of the moment, monsters arent strong enough for you to use it all the time. The only time I ever use it is on dungeon bosses. So is it worth losing 39% damage so I can increase my damage against Wa? The answer is no of course, until monsters are strong enough where I am using destructive arrow every fight. It's simply not worth it. As for AoEs, I really do like Piercing arrow but I think it's more beneficial to deal 1000 damage to 2/3 targets as opposed to dealing 1000 damage to 3/4 targets. I feel like focus fire is so important in high level dungeons that piercing arrow is not as useful as air/fire.

I think that's about it, definitely give your input if you think I'm missing out on something or you have some super secret moves, do tell! Any suggestions are definitely welcomed.

Edits: Constantly updating this guide still.

This post has been edited by Genrou - July 22, 2014, 02:47:27.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #744711  Replies : 15  Views : 1705
posté June 12, 2014, 05:53:18 | #17
Will there be any green gear? Or will it be like spore/cactus?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #743811  Replies : 3  Views : 374
posté June 11, 2014, 21:33:03 | #18
New gear with update? Is there a way to find out what new gear is coming out with the update early? I know in other games people usually data mined things or something I'm not entirely sure how it works. Is the only method of finding out new gear through patch notes/ encyclopedia?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #743717  Replies : 3  Views : 374