Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Genrou's profile
Statistics
115 Posts (0.29 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 21, 2014, 14:38:44 | #1
Thanks crazyden198.

Videos? Hmm. I don't even know how to make videos to be honest. Unless there was overwhelming support for videos to be added. I will most likely not add any. Sorry!

I know mango has a video of his cra if you would like to see that. He uses a 12 AP Tri element build that is a tiny bit different from the one I have listed in my top builds.

The video here is here.

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 21, 2014, 23:44:19.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #789154  Replies : 38  Views : 8952
posté October 21, 2014, 13:43:30 | #2
Whoops!

aaaannnddd fixed!

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #789146  Replies : 38  Views : 8952
posté October 21, 2014, 12:45:33 | #3
Thanks

I'll upload a screenie for you shortly on the guide, assuming I haven't reached my maximum limit yet. If I have, then I'll edit it into this post.

Edit - Done! The only thing that is up to preference is the Agility category. Whether you decide on dodge or initiative is entirely up to you. Can't go wrong either way. Enjoy!

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 21, 2014, 12:59:51.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #789142  Replies : 38  Views : 8952
posté October 17, 2014, 04:26:31 | #4

Quote (madskillzzz24 @ 17 October 2014 03:45) *
Just wondering if investing on Blinding Arrow is not an option,,, I am a Fire/Air Cra with 10 AP... I usually do Explosive Blinding for AOE,,, Is this not a good option, since I cannot see blinding arrow on your guide? Great Guide Sir...

I was hoping someone would ask, there's reasons why I don't list Air/Fire as one of the best builds and I would be more than happy to explain it to you.

One target x1 Blinding + Two targets x1 Explosive = 257
Two target x1 Blinding + Two targets x1 Explosive = 320 base
Two target x1 Blinding + Two targets x1 Explosive + 1x proc Incandescent = 380 base
Two target x1 Blinding + Two targets x1 Explosive + 2x proc Incandescent = 440 base

Two targets hit: 88 + 70 = 158 = 316 base.
Three targets hit: 88 + 70 + 52 = 420 base.

Here is what makes Piercing so much more superior.

1) Much much more coverage area, it can technically travel across 7 tiles in any direction, meanwhile the potential of Explosive/Blinding is limited because Blinding has a smaller hit box of 3 tiles across. Anytime your Blinding can only catch one target, and Explosive catches two, a double piercing will always catch both of them + 1 more target within 3 tiles.
2) If Piercing strikes a 3rd target (which is probably easier to do than hitting 2 targets with Blinding) it's base damage jumps up to 420.
3) Piercing is only 1 spell worth of spell exp being used compared to a Incadescent, Blinding, Explosive, which takes up 3 spells worth of spell exp just to be able to compete with a single spell is just not worth it.
4) Blinding has a lower damage per ap than most of Cra's spells for one reason. It offers a blind. In the rule book of wakfu any spells that offer debuffs of any sort, generally, will have a lower damage per ap return than another spell that is only pure damage. If you love the -range debuff, than by all means go for it but you will be sacrificing damage for that debuff.
5) If you decide to level up Seismic, then Piercing completely blows Blinding/Explosive out of the water.

Piercing is just so much stronger for those reasons, and the last reason why 10 AP Air/Fire isn't as viable is because it lacks a strong single target rotation. The # of APs from Fire/Air just doesn't have any synergy unlike the 12 AP. For a single target rotation on Air/Fire it would have to be;

2x Storming + Blinding/Plague = 203 This will be your main rotation because if you opt for 3 spells in the fire tree to compete against a Piercing Arrow build, you will be forced to skip Blazing arrow.

Compare that to:
2x Lashing + 2x Blazing = 264
2x Lashing + 2x Storm = 250

Lets compare the 203 to the 250. A 47 base damage increase is the equivalent of 23% final damage increase. For the 203 to the 264 its a 30% damage increase. That's only for enemies that survive for 1-2 turns only, any target that lives for 3+ turns any earth build will completely shatter a Fire/Air build by another 25% damage or so on top of it for a total of over 50% more final damage.

Even if you opted for Blazing Arrow you would still lose to any Earth/(Air/Fire) build in single target, and you would also lose in AoE. For a 10 Air/Fire to take a spot in the top builds, it would have to excel either at single target or AoEs, and unfortunately it does neither. That is why I ruled out a 10 AP Air/Fire.

I hope that answered your question, thanks for checking out my guide, feel free to ask more if you want. I'm sure other people probably was wondering the same thing.

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 18, 2014, 07:37:24.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #788103  Replies : 38  Views : 8952
posté October 16, 2014, 09:40:02 | #5
[Guide] Genrou's guide to maximizing dpt as Cra. Hi everybody, I've been writing a Cra guide for the past few months located in Cra forums that I can finally say it is 100% completed.

The guide is designed for more advanced players, so I would recommend you check out other Cra guides if you're still new to the class!

Here is the link to it.
Click here

If you have any questions, I prefer it be on the guide as I frequent that forum more.

I hope you enjoy my guide!

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 16, 2014, 09:40:21.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #787874  Replies : 0  Views : 323
posté October 14, 2014, 11:46:37 | #6
Ankaboxed!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787296  Replies : 2  Views : 149
posté October 14, 2014, 10:47:34 | #7
Need help with "exceeding too many pictures" in a post. I have a Cra guide that I'm writing that I've been working on for quite some time now. I was trying to add more images to it but I got an error "you have exceeded your # of images allowed". I have a section that I want to add that involves multiple additional images, that I would really love to add.

Does anyone know how I can get around that? Or can a mod somehow make my thread able to exceed the normal cap?

Click here - Thread here.

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 14, 2014, 10:49:35.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787291  Replies : 2  Views : 149
posté October 12, 2014, 21:42:20 | #8
Priority order for gear;

1) Elemental %
2) Distance % (this kicks in only if you're 3 or more tiles away from the monster so keep that in mind)
3) Single/Aoe (depends on which your build utilizes more)

One last stat is worth considering is "Critical damage bonus", could maybe be ranked 3rd most important depending on a lot of factors. To determine how much value critical damage bonus gives you, basically, take your crit hit % and divide the crit damage bonus to average it and compare to another piece of gear.

For example;

Gear A - 20% Crit Damage Bonus
Player A has 30% critical hits so gear A is giving an average of 6-7% damage

vs. Gear B with 10% distance damage

And you can see which one is better in the end.

No problem, feel free to ask away.

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 13, 2014, 02:43:36.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #786883  Replies : 38  Views : 8952
posté October 12, 2014, 14:09:52 | #9
Hi there, this is by no means the best way to level your specialties but if you want to squeeze out as much damage as possible while leveling then here it is from highest priority to lowest;

Precision - 20
Heightened Vision - 20
Riddling - 20
Powerful Shooting - 20
Beacon Sneaking - 9
Unbeacon - 9
Long distance combat - 20

And lastly, Archery should be at 10 for the control but could fit anywhere in that list depending on how often you use beacons (I would recommend trying to get a piece of control gear instead and saving archery as one of the last specialties to put points in).

As for stats, I forget what that last category is called but the priority for that is;

AP
MP
Range

If you don't need any of the above for whatever reason I would opt for the Control + 40% if you have lower than 800%, if higher than take the +10% final damage. The rest should be self explanatory; resist, hp %, life steal, crit %, crit % bonus, initiative.

Hope this answered your question!

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 12, 2014, 21:48:32.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #786763  Replies : 38  Views : 8952
posté October 06, 2014, 10:13:08 | #10

Quote (MarkWright @ 05 October 2014 18:27) *
Not too much difference 1st turn, and assuming that Destructive Arrow creates 12 stacks of Riddled;

Unfortunately, it does not. If it did, then a Destructive arrow on a target with 0 riddling would proc the secondary part of Destructive arrow for 12 stacks, which it does not.

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #784836  Replies : 4  Views : 534
posté October 01, 2014, 09:26:03 | #11
+1

Please let us play more than one character if we decide to run a dungeon 30+ times, having options would make it a lot more enjoyable.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783032  Replies : 27  Views : 966
posté September 24, 2014, 05:19:11 | #12
Yes.

They are making the right business decisions.

Before the F2P model, before the steam release, we all know Wakfu was a dying game. There was a need for change and they opted for this type of strategy; to appeal to the casuals.

How many hardcore players are there? 10% of the total population maybe? They can only generate so much revenue for Ankama but they were like you said, loyal. And how much money could a hardcore player provide ankama over a span of a year? Maybe 100$?

I'm sure the 3 new players they attracted to the game but in turn pissed off 1 hardcore player could generate 100$ in revenue from the boutique in a month. It was a smart move, the bigger question is what they do with the brand new cash flow. If the money is used to improve this game such as; the support team, more than 1 class revamp a year, new content on a daily basis, a more well developed PvP system, etc. Then yes, they made a great move.

What if nothing changes and Wakfu continues as it has for the past year? Then no, they made a bad move cause not only will they be unable to keep the casuals enticed to stay but they will also lose the hardcore population.

My advice is to you is just to wait. I'm not entirely pleased with the update (I hate the item revamp) but I'm not complaining either cause who wants to grind a dungeon for an entire day for a drop that will never come? The token system and the drop rates being increased was a great move for casuals and hardcore players. I still have plenty of things to keep me busy for a few more weeks but... after then we will see.

This post has been edited by Genrou - September 24, 2014, 05:39:39.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #779848  Replies : 126  Views : 2021
posté September 21, 2014, 21:34:18 | #13
Cra is ok in damage, definitely not the best in the game but not entirely awful.

My biggest complaint would be the staleness involved with playing Cra. Cra probably has one of the lowest "fun" factor in it's class, and some sort of change would be more than welcomed.

Honestly, making beacons have modifiable range would satisfy me. With more and more range gear being implemented and easily accessed it's a shame a Cra is sometimes stuck with choosing between getting close to the enemy to use beacons and risk getting mauled or skip using them because a Cra's spells are reaching 10 tiles across the board while Beacons are lagging behind at 6 range unmodifiable.

This post has been edited by Genrou - September 21, 2014, 21:41:33.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #778675  Replies : 98  Views : 3890
posté September 19, 2014, 22:47:44 | #14

Quote (Bl1tzcrank @ 19 September 2014 19:20) *
I'm starting this topic to gather input on the state of cra's in pvp. With the release of the new patch I've decided to start playing this game. Did some dofus way back in the day and I've always been interested in wakfu but the lack of pvp discouraged me. Now that it's here lot's of people are coming over.

I generaly pick my class from a personal like and fun factor. I'm not big on the OP classes and such, I wanna RP and character that I 'like' so to speak. Nowadays there really isnt a problem with this as most games are pretty close to balanced even if there are 'some' imbalances.

I've gotten my cra to lv 94 and I've done my share of pvp. I get to looking on the boards and see that I'm the highest ranked cra on nox. I was astonished because I feel like I lose quite often. It seems I always fall short of being able to go lethal. I know you can kite a little and beacon sneak and all that, yes it can be a headache for your opponent but in the end, it's still hard to get the win, especially against ANY even level class.

Back to being #1..... Being level 94, i didnt think this made sense. After delving into the leaderboard Ive found that cra's are almost nonexistent. After reading forums on multiple wakfu sites it seems the general consensus is that pvp cra's aren't really very good at all. I'd like to get some input from you guys.

IS PVP cra Garbage? Is it even Viable? Shouldn't we at least have a few favorable 1v1 matchups?

Unfortunately, PvP Cra, is awful in it's current state. I've done my fair share of PvP with high levels and one of my characters occupy the #1 Ranked spot on Nox. I would love for it have been my Cra to take that spot but Cra is just one of the worst PvP classes in the game at the moment. I'll explain.

Cra only has two tricks up their sleeve for them to win a match that they would normally lose.

1) Kiting
2) Destructive

Cra's ability to kite currently is not in a good place. You are completely dependent on one ability to kite and that is Beacon Sneaking. It allows you to give your self 6 tiles of room between you and your opponent for 2Ap 2 Wakfu. The biggest problem as you might already know is that this can only be used 3 times in a fight. Small maps, coupled with the huge consumption of wakfu, and tankier people leading to longer fights usually leaves a Cra unable to kite halfway or near the end of the fight. Add along the fact that 90% of Cras in the game rely on a spell that consumes MP to generate more damage and you're left with a cra that either has to deviate from his most powerful rotation or sacrifice his ability to kite for more damage. Yes, I am aware disengage and the new dodge system also allows you to easily break away from opponents but it's not enough for you to kite someone with that ability alone. The only way to kite someone an entire match is with a large map, but unfortunately 90% of maps are small/medium size. Favoring other classes more.

So you're depending on your second trick to win, and that's destructive arrow. It's simply comes down to a race in "who can kill who first".. If any Cra is to advance into serious PvP, they most definitely would have to take advantage of Destructive Arrow to do so.

And that's it. Those are you only tricks to winning, if you can't utilize either then you better pray you're better geared. This is end game PvP I'm referring to, in lower levels the ability to kite is a lot more powerful simply because most people don't have all their spells level that give them map manipulation (sac's attraction).

My cra will be staying in the shadows when it comes to 1v1 PvP because it is simply outclassed by Sacs/Fecas. Cra has a much better place in a group PvP setting, so I would wait for that. If you want to be serious at PvP, I wish you the best of luck my friend but I will tell you that I have a 0% chance of winning against a stronger PvP class. It's not even a skill thing anymore, its simply an impossibility.

This post has been edited by Genrou - September 19, 2014, 23:05:05.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #778080  Replies : 5  Views : 689
posté September 17, 2014, 12:23:52 | #15
Hi Orchygame, and thanks! If you are a non-relic user I would highly recommend that you start working on a relic soon. Pick one and stick to it, the current meta of the game allows any player to obtain a relic with relative ease assuming you are able to pull together a group to run dungeons. I see you opted for a ranged weapon giving you amazing range, in my guide I highly advocated range mainly because rotations generally left you with 2 mp left so you had very room to move around. So the less moving done, the more damage I could essentially dish out without putting myself in harm's range. But with the new gear; it is very easy to get an extra +1 range from the amulet and +2 if you go with a ranged weapon. So the effectiveness of range may start diminishing like you said if you are able to reach almost the entire map now.

I am aware my guide is somewhat outdated and I've been somewhat too busy to update it. In my original guide I am not a fan of tri-elemental builds simply because pre-update the availability of general damage gear + stat system was not very favorable for tri builds. Although, with the new gear + stat system there is a chance things may have changed so I cannot comment on effectiveness of these builds anymore. Oh, and great news for you. There will be a spell allocation revamp coming allowing for more spells to be maxed out in level, so if you are struggling to find the right tri build it might be in your best interest to remain your current build and just wait 2-3 weeks for the change to come around. Like you mentioned, going tri build forces you to skip spells that just to good to be left out so it might be better to just wait for October's update.

There is a possibility of me retiring from this game so if that happens, unfortunately this guide will stay as is.

This post has been edited by Genrou - September 17, 2014, 12:37:03.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #776974  Replies : 38  Views : 8952
posté September 09, 2014, 09:24:36 | #16
What are you thoughts on hp % though Drowns?

Seems like damage dealt is a definite, but the other two still seems up in the air.

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #772092  Replies : 13  Views : 1399
posté September 09, 2014, 09:13:14 | #17
Faster?

Oh joy.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #772087  Replies : 2  Views : 279
posté September 09, 2014, 07:28:05 | #18
Wakfu 2.0 bringing about longer fights? From what I've seen on the beta server, PvP doesn't appear to be much longer than what it is live. Generally you see 2 turn battles because the damage is so high it's usually comes down to intiative being the deciding factor on who the victor is.

Does anyone know if this will remain true after the update goes live? Based on the ability to stat hp + res, I would assume it would but what are we talking about here? Another turn of pvp, or maybe even 3+? Anybody care to chime in?

This post has been edited by Genrou - September 09, 2014, 07:28:32.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #772065  Replies : 2  Views : 279
posté September 08, 2014, 22:04:16 | #19
For the hp drain vs. HP regen, I believe it is more beneficial to pick HP regen over the two.

The way I see it;

4000 HP = 400 HP regen

for you to reach the same numbers on damage dealt you would have to deal
4000 Dmg = 400 HP returned. And the latter doesn't seem quite likely so if you were to pick one of the two, I would recommend HP regen.

The deciding factor will of course be your hp vs. how much damage you usually deal per a turn.

This post has been edited by Genrou - September 08, 2014, 22:06:15.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #771912  Replies : 13  Views : 1399
posté September 06, 2014, 19:46:55 | #20
I agree

+1 Neneko.

This post has been edited by Genrou - September 06, 2014, 19:48:43.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #771166  Replies : 18  Views : 691