Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Genrou's profile
Statistics
127 Posts (0.28 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté December 07, 2014, 20:54:14 | #1
Thank very much mahmood.

I've been planning on redoing the numbers on my guide to simplify it's meaning by converting the formulas into base damage per AP for each rotation. It should make the guide easier to understand hopefully.

So stay tuned! I will get to it someday lol.

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #805757  Replies : 49  Views : 14590
posté December 04, 2014, 19:28:12 | #2
Hi Ice,

My current rotation to deal single target earth damage I use a combination of Piercing + Seismic Beacon.

It is somewhat of a hassle since it requires linear but it is nearly as strong as the strongest rotations Cra can use. It's only about a 8-15% damage loss but however, without beacon it then it jumps to 20-35% damage loss compared to a normal Lashing/Storm rotation. So be sure to always use that beacon in conjunction with Piercing at every chance or else you will take a big hit in damage reduction.

I'm not entirely convinced my current Piercing/Seismic/Destructive is superior to a Piercing/Lashing/Destructive so if you're not feeling the build then by all means switch to lashing. My current build is more optimized for AoEs + Boss fights, it really caters to people who can utilize the Piercing/Beacon combo to its maximum potential (check the piercing guide, it can really get complex) but meanwhile , sacrificing a non-linear earth rotation + a small damage reduction in a single target rotation. It really comes down to which you value more.

Your welcome, and I hope that answered your question.

This post has been edited by Genrou - December 05, 2014, 09:29:17.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #804766  Replies : 49  Views : 14590
posté November 25, 2014, 18:54:03 | #3
There's a way to bypass that annoying restriction.

1) Make sure you have enough ogrines to purchase the scroll.

2) Log in game, on that account and access the boutique in game.

3) Purchase scroll, and ta da! It'll be there to pick up.

And there's one more trick to get around that. That is to simply do the respec quest. Although I believe it is only offered once a month or week. So there's that.

Have fun.

This post has been edited by Genrou - November 25, 2014, 18:55:09.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800936  Replies : 3  Views : 338
posté November 14, 2014, 17:54:03 | #4

Quote (Neneko88 @ 14 November 2014 17:45) *
It's the right move and I honestly wouldn't mind paying more for booster packs to allow it (something like $10-$15 would be ok). Anyway it's the right move because more people quit wakfu for lack of progression (finding people to group with) than multiboxers give ankama money.

I rather keep more people in the server (more money for ankama) than to make the few (multiboxers) happy. Multiboxers now don't even pay for their alt accounts anyway, specially after they get epic/relic.

That sounds like that would be the perfect solution for ankama to keep their revenues up.

I've always been a huge advocate for multi boxing because I feel like it opens new levels of strategy when you're controlling more than one character. I'm certain this will help make the typical wakfu player stick around like you suggested too.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #796414  Replies : 327  Views : 10514
posté November 14, 2014, 17:35:41 | #5
With how easy it is to obtain gear that argument might not hold for very long.

I honestly don't see the logic in this move by Ankama though. They will lose a ton of revenue from sidekicks and multiboxers, in return I'm sure this option will require ogrines to access. But will it outweigh it? Highly unlikely, the only reason I can see why ankama would do this is to squash progression discrepancy rates of multi boxers and single boxers.

Personally as a player and a multi boxer, I am psych about this, I can finally now single client while multi boxing. So I am very excited but, I am a tad bit worry about the side effects it would have on the community in the long run though. The addition of group finder seemed to be the right step in the right direction but I cannot say this move was.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #796407  Replies : 327  Views : 10514
posté November 14, 2014, 17:14:20 | #6
As great as this sounds to be... it may lead to less interacting with their community. With double and triple exp gains it would be very easy to put together at 3 man team on your own. What we needed is people playing with each other, not people playing by themselves +1 other.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #796399  Replies : 327  Views : 10514
posté November 14, 2014, 17:00:27 | #7
Here NaaMeow.

It's Cra/Iop in Feb. Not entirely sure which one is coming first or how long the other is being pushed back.

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #796389  Replies : 49  Views : 14590
posté November 13, 2014, 23:27:10 | #8
Like Mini said, they're not underpowered in terms of damage.

Cra has many flaws that builds onto one another that combines to ultimately weigh down the class as a whole. Cra's current mechanics are just so bland while other classes are much more mechanically sophisticated and that in turn makes it more enjoyable. Cra is underwhelming when compared to other classes when evaluated from a bigger picture than damage alone.

Cras were designed to be the ranged dealers of the game, in fact that's usually the purpose of being an archer in every game. However, with the game progressing towards dungeons that are medium to small sized battle field layouts, condensed with easily accessible + range gear for everyone, which led to the sole advantage of Cras being the ranged teammate, essentially stripped of.

Some other factors that undermine the class are;
  • Their spell branches being nearly identical to one another with only slight variations
  • Specialties that are worthless or outdated
  • Almost 0 utility to contribute to his teammates
  • And a very dull play style leads to a class that is strategically underwhelming in a tactical based game.

Cra is a fine damage dealer but when other classes can do the same amount and in some cases even more and they still possess versatile kit. That results in your average Cra lacking in several categories compared to what other classes can bring to the table meanwhile, not excelling at anything in particular.

This post has been edited by Genrou - November 27, 2014, 04:00:21.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #796179  Replies : 8  Views : 1312
posté November 06, 2014, 21:40:52 | #9
Sure, I can lend a hand here and there. Be warned though, I haven't played in a bit so I am considered to be inactive.

I'm sure on the first page of threads in the Cra forums there is enough information detailing the problems of Cra to give you a good idea of what weighs us down. A majority of them I agree with, they're all great points with great suggestions such as putting all the beacons into one support spell and having it activate depending on the corresponding element used.

They have a "planned" revamp this February for Cras already coming so I'm sure we'll see the new Cra in beta in the coming months so be on the look out for that.

This post has been edited by Genrou - November 07, 2014, 06:18:02.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #793796  Replies : 49  Views : 14590
posté November 04, 2014, 20:08:30 | #10
@kurausu - Oh whoops, I didn't check out mango's video personally. I only assumed it was because in this thread he posted a screenshot of his Cra along with the video. Sorry!

@duke - On my second post there's a screenshot of my cra (the 10 AP build), you should be using the same support spells eventually. There's really no wrong/right order, it's up to preference.

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #793078  Replies : 49  Views : 14590
posté October 28, 2014, 19:06:11 | #11
I have a Cra guide that's more designed towards more advanced players.

Click here

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 28, 2014, 19:08:25.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #791156  Replies : 42  Views : 36330
posté October 24, 2014, 09:07:51 | #12
This add on reeks of "desperation" to reach into our wallets.

Not what a F2P game should be striving for.

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 24, 2014, 09:08:55.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789896  Replies : 66  Views : 1922
posté October 21, 2014, 14:38:44 | #13
Thanks crazyden198.

Videos? Hmm. I don't even know how to make videos to be honest. Unless there was overwhelming support for videos to be added. I will most likely not add any. Sorry!

I know mango has a video of his cra if you would like to see that. He uses a 12 AP Tri element build that is a tiny bit different from the one I have listed in my top builds.

The video here is here.

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 21, 2014, 23:44:19.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #789154  Replies : 49  Views : 14590
posté October 21, 2014, 13:43:30 | #14
Whoops!

aaaannnddd fixed!

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #789146  Replies : 49  Views : 14590
posté October 21, 2014, 12:45:33 | #15
Thanks

I'll upload a screenie for you shortly on the guide, assuming I haven't reached my maximum limit yet. If I have, then I'll edit it into this post.

Edit - Done! The only thing that is up to preference is the Agility category. Whether you decide on dodge or initiative is entirely up to you. Can't go wrong either way. Enjoy!

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 21, 2014, 12:59:51.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #789142  Replies : 49  Views : 14590
posté October 17, 2014, 04:26:31 | #16

Quote (madskillzzz24 @ 17 October 2014 03:45) *
Just wondering if investing on Blinding Arrow is not an option,,, I am a Fire/Air Cra with 10 AP... I usually do Explosive Blinding for AOE,,, Is this not a good option, since I cannot see blinding arrow on your guide? Great Guide Sir...

I was hoping someone would ask, there's reasons why I don't list Air/Fire as one of the best builds and I would be more than happy to explain it to you.

One target x1 Blinding + Two targets x1 Explosive = 257
Two target x1 Blinding + Two targets x1 Explosive = 320 base
Two target x1 Blinding + Two targets x1 Explosive + 1x proc Incandescent = 380 base
Two target x1 Blinding + Two targets x1 Explosive + 2x proc Incandescent = 440 base

Two targets hit: 88 + 70 = 158 = 316 base.
Three targets hit: 88 + 70 + 52 = 420 base.

Here is what makes Piercing so much more superior.

1) Much much more coverage area, it can technically travel across 7 tiles in any direction, meanwhile the potential of Explosive/Blinding is limited because Blinding has a smaller hit box of 3 tiles across. Anytime your Blinding can only catch one target, and Explosive catches two, a double piercing will always catch both of them + 1 more target within 3 tiles.
2) If Piercing strikes a 3rd target (which is probably easier to do than hitting 2 targets with Blinding) it's base damage jumps up to 420.
3) Piercing is only 1 spell worth of spell exp being used compared to a Incadescent, Blinding, Explosive, which takes up 3 spells worth of spell exp just to be able to compete with a single spell is just not worth it.
4) Blinding has a lower damage per ap than most of Cra's spells for one reason. It offers a blind. In the rule book of wakfu any spells that offer debuffs of any sort, generally, will have a lower damage per ap return than another spell that is only pure damage. If you love the -range debuff, than by all means go for it but you will be sacrificing damage for that debuff.
5) If you decide to level up Seismic, then Piercing completely blows Blinding/Explosive out of the water.

Piercing is just so much stronger for those reasons, and the last reason why 10 AP Air/Fire isn't as viable is because it lacks a strong single target rotation. The # of APs from Fire/Air just doesn't have any synergy unlike the 12 AP. For a single target rotation on Air/Fire it would have to be;

2x Storming + Blinding/Plague = 203 This will be your main rotation because if you opt for 3 spells in the fire tree to compete against a Piercing Arrow build, you will be forced to skip Blazing arrow.

Compare that to:
2x Lashing + 2x Blazing = 264
2x Lashing + 2x Storm = 250

Lets compare the 203 to the 250. A 47 base damage increase is the equivalent of 23% final damage increase. For the 203 to the 264 its a 30% damage increase. That's only for enemies that survive for 1-2 turns only, any target that lives for 3+ turns any earth build will completely shatter a Fire/Air build by another 25% damage or so on top of it for a total of over 50% more final damage.

Even if you opted for Blazing Arrow you would still lose to any Earth/(Air/Fire) build in single target, and you would also lose in AoE. For a 10 Air/Fire to take a spot in the top builds, it would have to excel either at single target or AoEs, and unfortunately it does neither. That is why I ruled out a 10 AP Air/Fire.

I hope that answered your question, thanks for checking out my guide, feel free to ask more if you want. I'm sure other people probably was wondering the same thing.

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 18, 2014, 07:37:24.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #788103  Replies : 49  Views : 14590
posté October 16, 2014, 09:40:02 | #17
[Guide] Genrou's guide to maximizing dpt as Cra. Hi everybody, I've been writing a Cra guide for the past few months located in Cra forums that I can finally say it is 100% completed.

The guide is designed for more advanced players, so I would recommend you check out other Cra guides if you're still new to the class!

Here is the link to it.
Click here

If you have any questions, I prefer it be on the guide as I frequent that forum more.

I hope you enjoy my guide!

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 16, 2014, 09:40:21.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #787874  Replies : 0  Views : 856
posté October 14, 2014, 11:46:37 | #18
Ankaboxed!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787296  Replies : 2  Views : 187
posté October 14, 2014, 10:47:34 | #19
Need help with "exceeding too many pictures" in a post. I have a Cra guide that I'm writing that I've been working on for quite some time now. I was trying to add more images to it but I got an error "you have exceeded your # of images allowed". I have a section that I want to add that involves multiple additional images, that I would really love to add.

Does anyone know how I can get around that? Or can a mod somehow make my thread able to exceed the normal cap?

Click here - Thread here.

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 14, 2014, 10:49:35.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787291  Replies : 2  Views : 187
posté October 12, 2014, 21:42:20 | #20
Priority order for gear;

1) Elemental %
2) Distance % (this kicks in only if you're 3 or more tiles away from the monster so keep that in mind)
3) Single/Aoe (depends on which your build utilizes more)

One last stat is worth considering is "Critical damage bonus", could maybe be ranked 3rd most important depending on a lot of factors. To determine how much value critical damage bonus gives you, basically, take your crit hit % and divide the crit damage bonus to average it and compare to another piece of gear.

For example;

Gear A - 20% Crit Damage Bonus
Player A has 30% critical hits so gear A is giving an average of 6-7% damage

vs. Gear B with 10% distance damage

And you can see which one is better in the end.

No problem, feel free to ask away.

This post has been edited by Genrou - October 13, 2014, 02:43:36.
Thread : Cra  Preview message : #786883  Replies : 49  Views : 14590